Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I did notice that the speed limit sign on the opening splash loading screen now shows 60 instead of 30.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Is the game still broken for PC?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

dscruffy1 posted:

I find it funny they're not only still not acknowledging Arkham Origins, but also playing coy with a future Rocksteady Batman game.
They do acknowledge Origins in the game in the GCPD, because the Origins villains' stuff in the evidence room and some dialogue from the villains directly references events from that game.

I'm guessing they don't include AO into the "trilogy" of Arkham Asylum->City->Knight because whatever dumb poo poo Joker Blood stupid plot they want to carry on as the signifier for the series overall plot.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Yeah, Firefly's attack on the city is directly motivated by the events of Origins for one thing. It's weird, and kind of hilarious, how Deadshot doesn't contribute to the game given his massive THIS ISN'T OVER in City and Origins rant though. :v:

Plus, y'know, the entire Rocksteady trilogy would have been rendered pointless if Origins Batman had just let that Joker cock fall to his death.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I gotta admit, the DLC being so absolutely pathetic makes my decision to buy the game up front instead of waiting for an inevitable GOTY edition acceptable. On Bone, mind you, so it was absolutely fine the whole way through.

I mean, of course there'll be a GOTY version, companies are shameless, but it'll come off as rather tasteless if they release it on PC.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

quote:

Added new Classic Harley Quinn skin for use in AR Challenges & the Harley Quinn Story Pack
Added Arkham Knight as a playable character for AR Challenges & the Red Hood Story Pack

So much for their loving stupid vote.

Good.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I think they've more or less given up on performance issues at this point, which sucks. I'm lucky in that it runs well for me, but I know a lot of people still have problems and the abject surrender on SLI is pretty sad.

I got a 980ti recently and can now play at ridiculous max settings, including the gameworks poo poo and it barely dips below 60fps at 1440p. It uses 4.5ish gigs of VRAM, which I don't even know what to say about that.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chasiubao posted:

I gotta admit, the DLC being so absolutely pathetic makes my decision to buy the game up front instead of waiting for an inevitable GOTY edition acceptable. On Bone, mind you, so it was absolutely fine the whole way through.

I mean, of course there'll be a GOTY version, companies are shameless, but it'll come off as rather tasteless if they release it on PC.

yeah the only things worth getting really are the 10 bucks worth of all the challenge maps and then if you realllllly want red hood or harley you can get that pack too. I wouldn't at all but I got them both for free day 1. those maps should have been in day 1 but at least they got whipped by player outcry and put a shitload back into the game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

dscruffy1 posted:

If memory serves, they had Killer Croc, Mr. Freeze, Mad Hatter, Ra's Al Ghul, and...? I got four out of five, that has to count for something.

Black Mask was mentioned, too.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
If they called their GOTY PC version the "Okay...How about now?" Edition, i'd be cool with it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

So is the Catwoman DLC alright apart from the final boss fight? I've been pretty underwhelmed by the episode DLC so far though.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
There isn't even a boss fight really. It's a predator room, a fight room, and the same fight room with a shrinking floor.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Dogen posted:

There isn't even a boss fight really. It's a predator room, a fight room, and the same fight room with a shrinking floor.

Ah right, thanks. Have you gotten the Knightfall ending? I keep thinking I should try for it but there are aspects of the games I didn't really like and wonder if it's worth suffering through it just to get that ending.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
The extra bit added to the ending by Knightfall is an FMV that's about two minutes long. Just YouTube it.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

The extra bit added to the ending by Knightfall is an FMV that's about two minutes long. Just YouTube it.

Cheers, will do.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Getting to fight Riddler is more of a reward than the additional ending stuff.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Dogen posted:

Getting to fight Riddler is more of a reward than the additional ending stuff.
This is true. It's basically the best boss fight in the game (for a given value of "boss fight").

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

redbackground posted:

This is true. It's basically the best boss fight in the game (for a given value of "boss fight").

it's the only boss fight in the game that isn't in a batmobile

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Veotax posted:

So much for their loving stupid vote.

Good.

I'm still mad we're not getting the Batman Begins suit because they put it in a loving vote

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.

Pirate Jet posted:

I'm still mad we're not getting the Batman Begins suit because they put it in a loving vote

We're getting a TDK(R?) suit, though. And the original Arkham batmobile, which I don't care about because it won't transform.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Xeremides posted:

We're getting a TDK(R?) suit, though. And the original Arkham batmobile, which I don't care about because it won't transform.

The thing I saw showed them driving it around the city, not in a race. Doesn't that mean it should be transformable?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

You can drive any Batmobile around once all the tanks are destroyed

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Orgophlax posted:

The thing I saw showed them driving it around the city, not in a race. Doesn't that mean it should be transformable?
That just means there won't be any tank battles. None of the special -mobiles transform ever.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
SoI trophies patched in, 12 altogether. About an hour's gameplay then? :v:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Reading reviews of Season of Infamy on the WB forums. Apparently it can all be finished up under an hour.
Croc info: it ends with a reskinned Albert King fight lol

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 21, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

redbackground posted:

Reading reviews of Season of Infamy on the WB forums. Apparently it can all be finished up under an hour.

How the christ did they make it that short. I would have figured travel time alone would have at least gotten it above an hour.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

redbackground posted:

:effort:

So, I guess they're not even trying to keep the games internally consistent. What happened to him being too dangerous to fight head on?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Pirate Jet posted:

Was that a vote? I don't remember that one.

I just remember them claiming that making both the Classic Harley skin and Arkham Knight skin for Red Hood was just too much work and wanted people to vote on which one they wanted more.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Laughing my rear end off that some people paid $40 for the Arkham Knight season pass.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Ras info: When Ra's mission showed 6 parts in the Insider, body scan is 5 parts of it

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

redbackground posted:

Hahahah just wow. Rocksteady how bout you don't do DLCs anymore. Christ.

Just leave it to FromSoft.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
This last fight room in the Catwoman DLC is fuckin terrible. Christ. There is no fun to be had here at all. I popped the game back in after a few months and I immediately want to pop it back out. Is Robin any better?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SonicRulez posted:

Is Robin any better?
I liked the massive area in the beginning you use as a predator location. It's gigantic, and well-designed. Second half is...eh.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 21, 2015

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

redbackground posted:

So just to recap, $40 season pass:
  • some skins
  • 2-3 (?) hours of story content
  • more Batmobile stuff that most people didn't like in the first place
  • ...?
I feel bad for anyone who spent a penny on this game. It's a shame that the season pass was handled so poorly too because there are developers who do them right.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

I feel bad for anyone who spent a penny on this game. It's a shame that the season pass was handled so poorly too because there are developers who do them right.

The base game, at least on console, was pretty great and overall I enjoyed it. I'm with you on the DLC though, its an absolute poo poo show.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Everyone who said Mr. Freeze would have tank combat in his mission was right. It's not against him, though, but militia drones.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Everyone who said Mr. Freeze would have tank combat in his mission was right. It's not against him, though, but militia drones.
Sweet, I didn't get nearly enough of that in the main game! Is it also true that you have to use the Mk. II skin no matter what?

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Dec 21, 2015

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
lol I just remembered the excuses made for the Batgirl DLC that it was made by WB Montreal and the rest of the Season Pass would be better because it would be made by Rocksteady.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Chasiubao posted:

The base game, at least on console, was pretty great and overall I enjoyed it. I'm with you on the DLC though, its an absolute poo poo show.

Yeah. Arkham Knight game is amazing! The DLC...welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hahaha holy poo poo that all sounds awful. rocksteady pretty much pissed away all goodwill for the future this year.

I loved the base game but all the DLC is worthless, except maybe challenge packs which I did get but those really should have been in Day 1. So much of it was just due to backlash from people. what a goddamn shame.

• Locked thread