Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

The route planner's been a bit goofy lately. I think I saw some speculation that it might be happening when you're using more than a certain amount of fuel in a given jump. Try calculating a route as if you were carrying slightly more cargo than you actually are and see if that fixes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Helter Skelter posted:

The route planner's been a bit goofy lately. I think I saw some speculation that it might be happening when you're using more than a certain amount of fuel in a given jump. Try calculating a route as if you were carrying slightly more cargo than you actually are and see if that fixes it.
Yeah fudging the nav computer's weight calc seems to have done the trick. At default it seems to get a bit skittery on the blue line and suddenly thinks you're too low.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Well that loving sucked. I had just logged in for today to do some trading and bought up a full load of cargo and launched and my ship immediately started doing flips right into the station wall. I have no idea why it happened.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
I swear, Stellar Forge really loves HIP 38064. As if the system wasn't beautiful enough, it now hosts this 80 kilometer crater. It has an internal mountain range and is so close to the star that you can scoop fuel as you descend. The crater walls are so high that you exit orbital cruise inside it.

http://youtu.be/ekLvhPpOyUs

Sard fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Dec 19, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

cheesetriangles posted:

Well that loving sucked. I had just logged in for today to do some trading and bought up a full load of cargo and launched and my ship immediately started doing flips right into the station wall. I have no idea why it happened.

If you use a joystick, I'd test if some of your thruster-buttons are broken. Or if you need more deadzone for your axes.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Sard posted:

I swear, Stellar Forge really loves HIP 38064. As if the system wasn't beautiful enough, it now hosts this 80 kilometer crater. It has an internal mountain range and is so close to the star that you can scoop fuel as you descend. The crater walls are so high that you exit orbital cruise inside it.

http://youtu.be/ekLvhPpOyUs
drat, I need to visit that system. :magical:

Edit:
I am now there.
:magical:

radintorov fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 19, 2015

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I haven't found any aliens, yet.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

TomR posted:

I haven't found any aliens, yet.

Me either but I found some sick moves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZwJBHyFi0g

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

fuckin nice

Voyeur
Dec 5, 2000
I like to watch.

cheesetriangles posted:

Sounds kinda like what just happened to me for the second time; the moment docking clamps are released there's a huge crash and my ship is spinning with shields down and a load of hull damage. My throttle's set at 0 (it's a crappy little lever on the base of my joystick, I never use it), I didn't press anything after clicking the launch button, just... "Docking clamps released"BAMFUCKYOU.

The first time it happened I'd looked away from the screen for a moment and thought someone had been assigned my docking pad as I took off and managed to hit me, but this time I was paying attention and there was nothing near me. Only thing I noted as out of the ordinary - apart from the downed shields and hull damage with no discernable cause - was that my speed was at 60 and dropping, less than 2 seconds after the clamps were released. Some new bug, I guess.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Libluini posted:

If you use a joystick, I'd test if some of your thruster-buttons are broken. Or if you need more deadzone for your axes.

Nope, same thing with me. As soon as I detached from the platform I got kicked to the right by unknown force.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I accepted a donation mission but can't figure out how to actually donate credits. Am I missing something obvious?

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Make sure rotational correction is on in your functions panel on the right menu. With that off your ship doesn't rotate with stations, which can be a disaster inside.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

TheDK posted:

I accepted a donation mission but can't figure out how to actually donate credits. Am I missing something obvious?

Click on the mission again on the bulletin board.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Natsuumi posted:

bulletin board.
Ah, of course I'm staring at it on the transaction list scratching my head. Thanks.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Kind of a late reply but wow, loving annihilated

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I'm consistently hanging during transitions to/from supercruise, witch space, getting stand by for like 10 seconds when I click the bulletin boards or try to turn in bounties. I think it's due to my internet, tethered 4g. Live in the boonies, so it's the best I got. Do you guys experience the same? I remember at launch hanging during transitions was related to like desyncing from the server or something. Did they just prolong these transitions in general since I last played, or is it my poop internet?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I'm just able to connect to the mission list half the time and it's pretty slow and laggy, is it often like this? lmao always online games are great, i love them

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

vandalism posted:

I'm consistently hanging during transitions to/from supercruise, witch space, getting stand by for like 10 seconds when I click the bulletin boards or try to turn in bounties. I think it's due to my internet, tethered 4g. Live in the boonies, so it's the best I got. Do you guys experience the same? I remember at launch hanging during transitions was related to like desyncing from the server or something. Did they just prolong these transitions in general since I last played, or is it my poop internet?

Just this morning? Because there's something hosed with the server at the minute, I've got 0% progress in everything (and I'm not quite that crap.)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ok so I'm sort of getting used to the controls now. I'm trying to follow a beginners guide on how to start making money in horizon and I just cant find a single one of the capsules from the escape pod recovery missions despite it looking pretty easy in the guide. I can tell that the scanner makes different noises based on what it is Its detecting, I just cant find the particular signature that belongs to the pod.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Been like that since Horizons. I dunno. Just started playing again where I live now. I had DSL where I lived before and cable before that and stuff loaded generally normal. All the transition time between actually doing actions in elite is absolutely irritating. I wish that undock poo poo flung you out, missions popped up faster, etc. Or that there was a true offline game that just synced when you logged in/logged off and was not tethered to open. This way people can cheat and exploit in their own game without bothering the forum dads of the brown sea that demand a 12 point flight safety check for wiping your rear end in zero g.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Forum dads?

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

Should I be worried about losing all my progress or is this just a thing that happens and it'll sort itself out?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

vandalism posted:

Been like that since Horizons. I dunno. Just started playing again where I live now. I had DSL where I lived before and cable before that and stuff loaded generally normal. All the transition time between actually doing actions in elite is absolutely irritating. I wish that undock poo poo flung you out, missions popped up faster, etc. Or that there was a true offline game that just synced when you logged in/logged off and was not tethered to open. This way people can cheat and exploit in their own game without bothering the forum dads of the brown sea that demand a 12 point flight safety check for wiping your rear end in zero g.

I think you can freely cheat, Frontier promised once cheaters they catch will just be "shadowbanned" to an empty version of their server. Basically like solo, just without the ability to influence the galaxy.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I think I was so used to my trade route that when prices changed I was taking a big loss on each trade and didn't realize it. Also what's a good combat ship for someone new to combat? I have about 3 million credits but don't want to spend all of it just need something to kind of get my feet wet with other parts of the game besides trading.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

OK, got my progress back, went out to a RES and shot some 'Wanted' guy and I immediately get a bounty and shot to poo poo by the cops. What the gently caress?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Managed to get myself into a Cobra Mk3 last night before going to bed. Wake up this morning and realize I only have 20k in funds left, so I'm not fitting much :v:

Wonder what to do besides "sell it again and get your Eagle back, you dingus."

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

Managed to get myself into a Cobra Mk3 last night before going to bed. Wake up this morning and realize I only have 20k in funds left, so I'm not fitting much :v:

Wonder what to do besides "sell it again and get your Eagle back, you dingus."

E: oops, I'm bad at reading, yeah only buy a new ship when you can afford at the very least an A FSD and insurance.

You know what, there was post a year ago that got me started I will do the same. Sell the cobra, buy an adder with A FSD and haul some rares. You will afford a proper cobra in 1 evening.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Dec 19, 2015

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

tofes posted:

The last destination in this trading chain mission is an outpost on a planet.

I don't have Horizons :eng99:

Haha what the gently caress :frontear:

This is making me paranoid about accepting any mission now.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Sekenr posted:

Nope, same thing with me. As soon as I detached from the platform I got kicked to the right by unknown force.

Something similar happened to me the other day, but in supercruise. I was buzzing along just fine until someone interdicted me so I aligned with the vector to start the minigame when my ship was suddenly kicked probably 10LS to the right (judging by the displacement of the moon I was headed at) and I obviously failed the interdiction.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Sekenr posted:

E: oops, I'm bad at reading, yeah only buy a new ship when you can afford at the very least an A FSD and insurance.

You know what, there was post a year ago that got me started I will do the same. Sell the cobra, buy an adder with A FSD and haul some rares. You will afford a proper cobra in 1 evening.

I will do this!!!

In the meantime, I've got a bunch of surface missions to do. Do I just want to fly in normal space at above 2km to find the hotspots, or go into orbital cruise first, or what?

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I will do this!!!

In the meantime, I've got a bunch of surface missions to do. Do I just want to fly in normal space at above 2km to find the hotspots, or go into orbital cruise first, or what?

As I see it, drop in normal space at random location and look for blue spots on your radar above 2.5 km.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE9aPJy4NUc

Found a video of the bug on Youtube. It was much more violent for me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh my god every time I go to a different-looking signal on the wave scanner it's just a different kind of loving rock, where's the loving escape pods t:mad:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Unkempt posted:

OK, got my progress back, went out to a RES and shot some 'Wanted' guy and I immediately get a bounty and shot to poo poo by the cops. What the gently caress?

Reminds me of how I took some legal salvage missions on a planet surface, to recover a couple escape pods. But when i got to the crash site, it was guarded by drones from the same faction who gave me the mission. Then i got a fine and a bounty for trespassing from that same faction that gave me the legal mission to their own crash site, which caused their drones to attack me, and then of course my bounty increased when I defended myself and killed them. So then I went back to the settlement and got paid 300k cr by the same faction :frontier:

But despite that, or the missions I took and failed because the NPCs never spawned, or the fact that frontier killed all our existing missions (5 million credits worth of pirate-hunting missions I was working on, gone) when 1.5/horizons dropped...it's still a great game. Flying and driving around planets is so fun that for the moment it more than makes up for everything else.

I hope they can fix these bugs soon, preferably with an increasingly minimal amount of bug-recurrence when they release patches.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Oh my god every time I go to a different-looking signal on the wave scanner it's just a different kind of loving rock, where's the loving escape pods t:mad:

I was getting frustrated by that the other day, but it turns out crash sites have much larger signatures on the scanner then space rocks do (especially as you get closer). So keep on driving until you see something huge show up on the scanner, that stays huge, and head for that.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Unkempt posted:

Did you shoot him before the initial scan finished? Because even if he's actively firing at the police, if you even so much as give him a mean glance before your scanner actually tags him as "wanted," the cops will straight up murder you for attempted assault.

Cpt. Murphey
Mar 12, 2007
Wait, titles can have text in them? Well I'll be...

cheesetriangles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE9aPJy4NUc

Found a video of the bug on Youtube. It was much more violent for me.

I've had the same thing happen to me quite frequently while landing on planetary outposts.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Cpt. Murphey posted:

I've had the same thing happen to me quite frequently while landing on planetary outposts.

You're just launching with style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Oh god I have gone full sperg.

500 dollar joystick, pedals, track ir, multiple monitors for keeping elite websites open. There is no hope.

• Locked thread