Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
And here I am, waiting for Warrior to be not poo poo tier :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Aesis posted:

And here I am, waiting for Warrior to be not poo poo tier :colbert:

use zerker rifle gun flame, its really loving annoying

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Dreggon posted:

use zerker rifle gun flame, its really loving annoying
Only if you hit. Aside from that, building adrenaline takes a while and you get no CC or mobility.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
If you know a DH trapped a point, you can dodge through them and trigger the elite trap without getting dragged in, but if you get sucked into the little barrier that bonks you if you try to dodge your as good as dead really.

And of course if they set the traps long enough ago, they can just set down another group right on top of you.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If you know a DH trapped a point, you can dodge through them and trigger the elite trap without getting dragged in, but if you get sucked into the little barrier that bonks you if you try to dodge your as good as dead really.

And of course if they set the traps long enough ago, they can just set down another group right on top of you.

wait the traps are permanent? how many can I stack wtf

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

mike12345 posted:

wait the traps are permanent? how many can I stack wtf
They are not, but they last for couple of minutes and the cool down is less than a minute. So if a DH has been on cap for more than 30 seconds you're drat sure there are traps on the cap and he's ready to lay them again as soon as you finish triggering them.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Are you upset about the insane grind of 10,000 christmas drinks to get your dumb dandruff shoulders? Well thanks to our friend Gaile here the achievement will be active all year long! So if you got that tree in your home instance that gives you a present a day, and if you log in every day, you'll get your dumb snow aura in just a bit over 30 years!

Wait, how do i get that tree?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

malhavok posted:

Wait, how do i get that tree?
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warming_Grawnk's_Heart
It's running this year as well

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So what you are saying is if I get that tree I can sell stuff needed for pointless achievements to desperate gaming addicts all year round?

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
WvW Holiday Sneak Peak or something.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/World-vs-World-Holiday-Sneak-Peek

Thoughts?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
A good step.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Aesis posted:

They are not, but they last for couple of minutes and the cool down is less than a minute. So if a DH has been on cap for more than 30 seconds you're drat sure there are traps on the cap and he's ready to lay them again as soon as you finish triggering them.

I think it's either five minutes like turrets, or however long the other traps last for if it's a different time to that.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

They should just enable golem madness on the new bls until they get around to doing something with wvw.

Carsius
May 7, 2013

How feasible is the jumping puzzle? I got bored after a few minutes, and it looks like hell.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Probad posted:

They should just enable golem madness on the new bls until they get around to doing something with wvw.

They should remove the upper range limit on catapults and trebs, as well as increase damage by 10000%. Then everyone plays catch.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Illuyankas posted:

I think it's either five minutes like turrets, or however long the other traps last for if it's a different time to that.

All traps last 5 minutes now, including ranger/thief traps. Yes thieves have traps. No I've never seen them used.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

OK guys, I have five Tyrian mastery points, I've maxed out legendary crafting and I've filled the bar on pact and fractal final tiers, so I need eight more points eventually but I'll be happy with three more for now. What are the easiest ones to get? So far, I'm missing two of the four SW legendary RNG spawns and the point for doing all four, all the Season 2 replayable points, ascended armour, bug weapons, lumi armour, and the points for both the triple trouble achievements and boss credit for the three wurms. Oh, and the gold coins one as well. I'm guessing the LS ones are the most reasonable ones, but which of those are the least bad to do?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Carsius posted:

How feasible is the jumping puzzle? I got bored after a few minutes, and it looks like hell.

I'd like to know as well. I tried it once 2 years ago and I remember it being too fiendish to finish, but is there a trick or something?

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
The only part of the jumping puzzle that's hard is the exploding gifts part.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The jumping puzzle isn't hard, the gifts aren't hard so long as you don't miss the first jump across the gap, just be sure to dodge roll onto the candy cane because the snowman can be sneaky and blow you pass with a gust of wind.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free
I played some pvp and had fun... not sure how to react...

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
At any point in your life could you have predicted writing out that sentence? :D

My first impressions after playing for a few days are that my hunter is everything I wanted my wow hunter to be and some and that I hope the end game content isn't gong to be lots of waiting around because i'm mostly a group pvp player. I'm glancing at guild chat but I've been playing mmos long enough to know that if you don't understand what people are talking about then you really shouldn't be talking about killing bunnies when people are having a pleasant conversation about high end gear.

gently caress you trading post guy and gently caress you gem store guy. I validated via sms already, making me wait 5 days before being able to use those features meant I couldn't get the Royal Terrace pass which is the one thing I would have paid money for.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

learnincurve posted:

I've been playing mmos long enough to know that if you don't understand what people are talking about then you really shouldn't be talking about killing bunnies when people are having a pleasant conversation about high end gear.

You've been playing the wrong MMOs. GW2 goons will talk about anything. Trust me. Anything.

central
Dec 13, 2003
sup free

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You've been playing the wrong MMOs. GW2 goons will talk about anything. Trust me. Anything.

What's brown and rhymes with snoop?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

central posted:

What's brown and rhymes with snoop?
Soup! Some soups are brown.

:downs:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Kenshin posted:

Soup! Some soups are brown.

:downs:

French onion soup is brown.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is the casual guild I have been dreaming of my whole MMO career :allears:

In all seriousness though I quit wow at the end of lich king when the new expansion came out because I couldn't take the fact that even the most casual of raid leaders have a mad frenzy descend the moment they get going and couldn't understand that their meat bots need actual breaks that involve cigarettes, tea and the toilet more than once every 6 hours.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

If you end up missing that "I am being yelled at by a crazy person" experience, we could always try to get Blin back in the guild.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ExHumus posted:

The evasion well is only 3 seconds and it now causes you to not be able to contest the point, so if you are arriving on time (i.e. as it is being de-capped/capped and not after) this is a bad strategy. That being said, you do not need to use Mesmer defense proactively in order to be very hard to kill. Sword/shield has more than enough defense to survive a trap blender after you've unwittingly set one off. The key to keeping your defenses up is to fit very small pauses between your active defense skills when you can and keep alacrity up as much as possible so that they recharge quickly.

Ah in my experience if I get CCed as Chrono I'm pretty much fuckin dead. Otoh I'm bad so

also i want to join a goon guild which one should i join

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
The one that takes you in first. :unsmith:

Seriously there is no difference. Maaaaybe Goonsquad has more EU/OZ timezone goons. Maybe. Maybe. In my experience. But that's the only thing I've noticed from my time being in both.

E: Australia is commonly shortened to OZ? :raise: Huh, learn something every day. E2: Its slang and the "official" one is AUS? Now i'm just confused!

Thyrork fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Dec 20, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The guilds are separate but equal. We like birds, they like bees. It's harmonious.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aussie ( pronounced ozzy) is Australian slang for themselves so they shorten it to Oz.

As I'm half Australian I can say:

"Aussie Aussie Aussie"

High House Death
Jun 18, 2011
Just ran through daily fractals with a guy who had an Anet badge(?). Employee?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I'm glancing at guild chat but I've been playing mmos long enough to know that if you don't understand what people are talking about then you really shouldn't be talking about killing bunnies when people are having a pleasant conversation about high end gear.

That's exactly what you should be talking about at exactly that time.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

If you're in Aus like I am I think Goon must have more of us because I've seen an SFD tag exactly once the entire time I've played but I see Goon occasionally. Also which one(s) of you was it in the Jormag fight a few days ago in some manner of giant snowball costume rolling around yelling 'we are jormags balls' because that was hysterical and mostly because it pissed so many people off.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tambaloneus posted:

If you're in Aus like I am I think Goon must have more of us because I've seen an SFD tag exactly once the entire time I've played but I see Goon occasionally. Also which one(s) of you was it in the Jormag fight a few days ago in some manner of giant snowball costume rolling around yelling 'we are jormags balls' because that was hysterical and mostly because it pissed so many people off.

If you're relying on only tags you see out in the wild you're not going to get an accurate count of anything anytime.

e: actually there might only be one real sfd member, cletus' cat

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

If you're relying on only tags you see out in the wild you're not going to get an accurate count of anything anytime.

e: actually there might only be one real sfd member, cletus' cat

Can confirm.

Also I legit forgot raids were a thing. Is the time requirement for them still like 3+ hours for an in-ecperienced group? It's hard as poo poo for me to get that much time in a day.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

The guilds are separate but equal. We like birds, they like bees. It's harmonious.

I DON'T LIKE BEES! *frantic arm flailing*

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008
I like balloons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Tambaloneus posted:

The only time i see GOON tag is in one of my raid groups, the way the instancing works is in this wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Introducing_the_Megaserver_System

• Locked thread