Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Vanrushal posted:

Her first Heart-toHeart is in the Residential District in one of the house's back yards. That's the only one I've done with her so if you've already done it, good luck finding her/the next one I guess.

Unrelated, I was tooling around NLA with Irina in my party and she got on another Interceptor's case for calling me a noob. Are there more division-specific interactions like this with various party members or was this a one-off kind of thing?

I found it, it was next to the PLANT-food manufacture. That was her third one, though, her second one is in the commercial district.

There's a couple of moments where certain team members will intervene in your conversation with other NPCs, like when you talk to Yolanda with the Murderess in your team.

"Don't trust the Murderess, she's gonna backstab you first chance she gets"
"Come on I'm right here"
"Oh okay nevermind"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I want to wait for a good guide to be out to know which choice leads to what in order to know if I've saved as many people as I can, but I am dreading starting this game from the beginning again.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Crabtree posted:

I want to wait for a good guide to be out to know which choice leads to what in order to know if I've saved as many people as I can, but I am dreading starting this game from the beginning again.

All that changes is what NPC goes where. Even if you kill somebody someone else will take their place. The only thing that increases population and changes the city are the alien immigration ones which you can't mess up.

Also Crude Neilnail Masks, where do you get them?

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
While trying to grind affinity up for all my unused characters, I noticed Frye won't join your party if Phog is in it (assuming you're still at low affinity). Are there any other party gotchas like this? You'd think Irina wouldn't join up if Murderess is in your party but there was nothing there.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Loading your teammates up with treasure sensor seems fairly revolutionary. I gave everyone level 55 gear from the manufacturer that comes with treasure sensor and it basically guarantees a limb will give its extra treasure prompt, which can be a huge deal when some of those limbs guarantee a specific material if the box shows up in the loot screen. It probably still pales in comparison to a really dedicated nemesis ticket farm for crafting materials but if you end up hunting the old fashioned way for materials or gear, you seem to be losing out if you don't load a team up with that junk.

On that note I think I've stalled out on any further post game stuff just cause the feedback for getting better is kind of awful when everything boils down to can do easily or will utterly cream you.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
What's the best way to grind affinity with a 60 party?

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

PRADA SLUT posted:

I'm not sure what yields the most affinity, but outside of doing missions I guess you could slap some Soul Voice surging armor on your team an fight something with weak weapons. I know you can get unlimited affinity from dialog options by initiating a mission with a choice at the beginning but then refusing it, but I don't know if that's worth the trouble.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Just do the affinity Support Missions. I mean, that's what they're there for.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Dastardly posted:

Would have beaten Telethia if it hadn't done that Chronicles dodge every move poo poo. Two cannons and 3 gatling guns weren't enough to get rid of that bullshit.

Edit: Exact same thing again. Is it there just to prevent me from beating him if I can't do enough damage before he takes off again?

Edit 2: gently caress this game.

That buff goes away after you fail to land enough attacks, but if you can't survive long enough to do that you're not winning the fight at all.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Saigyouji posted:

Just do the affinity Support Missions. I mean, that's what they're there for.

Yeah but some I need one heart at least, which I don't even have yet.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Eopia posted:

That buff goes away after you fail to land enough attacks, but if you can't survive long enough to do that you're not winning the fight at all.

That's gotta be a lot of attacks then because I can launch everything I've got with full hp going into the last flight phase and still not get rid of the buff.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

PRADA SLUT posted:

Completing basic and affinity missions will get affinity for most (all?) members of your party.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

PRADA SLUT posted:

Support Missions, not Affinity Missions. They're available from the barracks console after beating the final boss. (And if you haven't beaten the final boss yet, well, you're level 60, the rest of the story is gonna be trivial.)

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I admit it, I have not read every page in the thread. But I am stuck, and desperate. I want my skell licence, but I can't do Proficiency Exam 6. I just don't get the whole probe thing. I've put down mining probes of the same strength in the linked probe sites. But I'm barely getting above 7000. HELP! What am I doing wrong? Tried to look it up in a walkthrough, which said use different kind of probes, but not what kind, or where to find non mining probes. I want my licence, drat it :(

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also Crude Neilnail Masks, where do you get them?

Time attack from "The Twin Dolls of Mystery" mission, the droprate is bullshit and it is way easier to just farm tickets and buy the masks.

Anyone able to clue me in on where I can find SOUTHERN oc-serv crests?

BattyKiara posted:

I admit it, I have not read every page in the thread. But I am stuck, and desperate. I want my skell licence, but I can't do Proficiency Exam 6. I just don't get the whole probe thing. I've put down mining probes of the same strength in the linked probe sites. But I'm barely getting above 7000. HELP! What am I doing wrong? Tried to look it up in a walkthrough, which said use different kind of probes, but not what kind, or where to find non mining probes. I want my licence, drat it :(

Exam 6 is "Get 15k per income tick" right?

1. Plant MORE probes.
2. Plant LESS mining probes, you are trying to get MONEY income not miranium. (if I'm remembering this poo poo right)
3. Place RESEARCH probes at locations with multiple sightseeing spots that you have discovered.
4. Use booster/Duplicators in concert with placement of your Research probes. Boost the Duplicator while it is hooked to 2-3 Research probes that have 1+ sightseeing point at them.

Dastardly posted:

Would have beaten Telethia if it hadn't done that Chronicles dodge every move poo poo. Two cannons and 3 gatling guns weren't enough to get rid of that bullshit.

Edit: Exact same thing again. Is it there just to prevent me from beating him if I can't do enough damage before he takes off again?

Edit 2: gently caress this game.

Do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VvINd0F8Og

Zombie Defiler fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 19, 2015

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

BattyKiara posted:

Making credits is kind of rear end backwards. Put any research probes you might have on places with sightseeing spots first even if the revenue grade is poo poo. Finding sightseeing spots is how you make money with the games trickle of research probes.

All else fails plant more probes. I ended up with the requirement without having a clue of what I was doing by having most of the reachable probes placed in Primordia, Notcilum, and Oblivia.

Zombie Defiler posted:

Time attack from "The Twin Dolls of Mystery" mission, the droprate is bullshit and it is way easier to just farm tickets and buy the masks.

Anyone able to clue me in on where I can find SOUTHERN oc-serv crests?
I haven't confirmed the drop or anything but the way colors and directions work with loot drops I assume they are from oc-servs on the southern continent. There are a smattering of oc-servs on little sattelite flying islands around the northern floating land mass in Primordia to check.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Anyone know of a good place to farm class levels at around 50? My old spot of one shotting the flying things in east oblivia has slowed down a ton since I got to 50

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Dante18907 posted:

Anyone know of a good place to farm class levels at around 50? My old spot of one shotting the flying things in east oblivia has slowed down a ton since I got to 50

Anti-Mech up your skell and drop beam attacks on those level 60 Qmoveras at Cliffside Camp in Oblivia.
OR
Anti-Insect up your skell and crush Joker with Phoenix/G-Buster inside the giant flower all the way north in Noctilum.

Class levels come easier from killing poo poo higher level than you.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Zombie Defiler posted:

Anti-Mech up your skell and drop beam attacks on those level 60 Qmoveras at Cliffside Camp in Oblivia.
OR
Anti-Insect up your skell and crush Joker with Phoenix/G-Buster inside the giant flower all the way north in Noctilum.

Class levels come easier from killing poo poo higher level than you.

Joker viable in a 30 skell? I am chronically poor.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Dante18907 posted:

Its a blatta, its never going to be that bad rear end.

If you have trouble and don't want the insect augments to go to waste there's an island of level 55-58 blattas off the sw coast of noctilum/west coast of Primorida.

Killing robots is killing birds with two stone if you want a level 50 intergalactic Phoenix though.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Dante18907 posted:

Poor? Stop buying poo poo for your minions and keep all the dough for your own improvement.

I would at least get a Level 50 Formula Skell. I was farming Joker with one no problem.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Where the gently caress does Kristy go for the 5th set of missions? I can't find this bitch anywhere

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Eopia posted:

I'd really like to see your setup and see if you spent all those hours I spent augmenting my ground gear exclusively on your skell instead or if there's something very important I'm missing.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Hey all of you end-game grinders, any of you know where I can find level 60 Orphean gear? I just want it for sick style points, since I heard it's Ultimate Kuuga colors (black and gold).

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hey all of you end-game grinders, any of you know where I can find level 60 Orphean gear? I just want it for sick style points, since I heard it's Ultimate Kuuga colors (black and gold).

The Talondrake in Primordia drops at least one type of Orphean gear.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.

Dante18907 posted:

Where the gently caress does Kristy go for the 5th set of missions? I can't find this bitch anywhere

the last 2 places I remember are some house in residential district, and then the NLA water plant

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Southern oc-serv crests are from Cauldros, go to FN 512 and there are 4 oc-servs surrounding a vigent that drop them.

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
Exam 6 is "Get 15k per income tick" right?

1. Plant MORE probes.
2. Plant LESS mining probes, you are trying to get MONEY income not miranium. (if I'm remembering this poo poo right)
3. Place RESEARCH probes at locations with multiple sightseeing spots that you have discovered.
4. Use booster/Duplicators in concert with placement of your Research probes. Boost the Duplicator while it is hooked to 2-3 Research probes that have 1+ sightseeing point at them.

Thank you!! :D Also, is it OK, if I add my name to the list? I've only played the single player so far.

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Infinity Gaia posted:

This blog has a list of the places where just about every armor set drops, but it is in Japanese so you'll have to decipher what the google translate is trying to tell you.
http://labe.wp.xdomain.jp/post/149

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
Such a dumb boss. Only reason I even beat it was because it decided to spend the entire evade phase trying to hit Alexa who was out of reach somewhere being useless and not using the tail sweep once because of that.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Inside the Ganglion Antropolis where you fight the Rexoskell/definian 3 there is a locked little crate-house thing that the map says has a treasure inside.
How do I open this? There are a bunch of potamus critters hanging out around it if that helps.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Really weird moment where I kept missing and missing and missing, so I shut the game down & relaunched, and everything returned to normal. Does this game have bullshit judgmental code for if you're playing too long?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Zombie Defiler posted:

Inside the Ganglion Antropolis where you fight the Rexoskell/definian 3 there is a locked little crate-house thing that the map says has a treasure inside.
How do I open this? There are a bunch of potamus critters hanging out around it if that helps.

It's part of one of Mia's questlines.

Any idea on skells if it's better to go attack stat or just the elemental damage boosters? Making a thermal 60 skell and I have no idea if I should be making the melee attack mods or just spamming thermal damage up mods.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

RoyalScion posted:

It's part of one of Mia's questlines.

Any idea on skells if it's better to go attack stat or just the elemental damage boosters? Making a thermal 60 skell and I have no idea if I should be making the melee attack mods or just spamming thermal damage up mods.

Stack up on the XX Mech/Ultrafauna damage ones. They'll what you'll be beating up most of the time.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombie Defiler posted:

I just have slightly over 3 thousand tickets.

how much in total will I need to buy everything?

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

I just have slightly over 3 thousand tickets.

how much in total will I need to buy everything?

Are you making the Ares?

Ares .90 requirements
100,000 Miranium (Hard part is getting the storage capacity)
Golden Yggralith Heart x 2 (1272 tx) (Maximum Bullshit++++++just buy them gently caress) (World boss) [Potentially easy-ish if its a drop from the online version? But you'd have to wait it out.]
Silver Vita Core x 4 (840 tx) (Bullshit++) (Time attack: dark matter phantom)
Crude Neilnail Mask x 12 (2520 tx) (Bullshit+++) (Time attack: twin dolls of mystery)
Seidr Control Device x 8 (1104 tx) (Easy) (Seidrs in Cauldros airspace/Any)
Advanced Core x 12 (1656 tx) (Medium) (Xe-doms in Sylvalum/Any)
Advanced Lens x 16 (1568 tx) (Easy) (Seidrs in Cauldros airspace/Any)
Cimmerian Cinnabar x 2 (mining)

Total Reward Tickets: 8960 (4632 if you just buy the bullshit difficulty ones)

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Crude Neilnail masks, the worst Ares material with the dumbest name.

If you are grinding the easy stuff, Xe-dom almost always drop an advanced core if you break 1 or both hip cannons, and Seidrs have a better chance of dropping Control Devices when you break their head, and the advanced lens seems like a Seidr trash drop so you probably wouldn't have trouble with those if you are getting the Control Devices.

e. Which brings up one of the more tragic things about the post game, stealing breaking stuff for crafting drops from Monster Hunter, except the requirements for stuff like XX level augments are so exorbitant everyone side steps it with tickets. Which is maybe pitch perfect for stealing from Monster Hunter or maybe even an improvement, but I'd love to see something like halving that poo poo as part of localization.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 20, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ahhhhh this main menu is so cool especially if you leave it alone for long enough and it just starts panning around to other locales with this great music

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

MohShuvuu posted:

Unconfirmed but it seems like weapon drops are based on your party members and your class. I switched from drifter to full metal jaguar and added elma and celica to my party. Dual sword/gun drop rate seems to have increased and I no longer get assault rifle/knives/javelins.

I'm not sure what triggers it, but there definitely is something there. It could be your current weapons or class, but ever since I've been levelling my Partisan Eagle with Sniper RIfle and Javelin I've been getting nothing but their respective weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

horriblePencilist posted:

I'm not sure what triggers it, but there definitely is something there. It could be your current weapons or class, but ever since I've been levelling my Partisan Eagle with Sniper RIfle and Javelin I've been getting nothing but their respective weapons.

It is heavily weighted based on your class. I was doing joker runs to finish out all my classes and every time I switched, the drops would immediately change to something suited for the class I was.

It was VERY RARE to get anything not for MY class. I would rarely get random weapons for a class nobody in my party was associated with.

• Locked thread