Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

mackintosh posted:

And their plans for the Warwick homestead and the entire Commonwealth as well as unclear involvement in the abrupt end to the first provisional Commonwealth government. There are a lot of reasons to want to eradicate them.

There's something about University Point that just really got to me. :smith:

Speedball posted:

Whoah, you have Railroad agents out in the open in the post-game? That's amazing. In my craving to see all the possible endings (and because I'm going nuts trying out different character archetypes) I haven't messed with postgame much.

One of these days I'll get around to doing stuff in the postgame. There's at least one quest that (depending on who you side with) may not trigger until the main storyline is over: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/In_Sheep's_Clothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Is there a Workshop at University Point? I know it's there to demonstrate a point but you'd think out of all the settlements, this neat, actually useful one would be usable. Instead you get 5 cubic feet of useless land at Jamaica Plain or Coastal Cottage.

Pro-tip: don't give a poo poo about settlements that don't already start with people in them. Also install the 'no more minutement radiant quests' mod asap.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Beef Hardcheese posted:

There's something about University Point that just really got to me. :smith:

Compromised Railroad safehouses elicit similar emotions. As does Quincy for the Minutemen. Any FO3 player will also get a major :smith: moment when reading about Rivet City, had me thinking about blowing the Prydwen there and then.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

The Gods know what you've done.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

mackintosh posted:

I take it you haven't been to Quincy yet?

That was pretty explicitly the work of a traitorous ex-Minuteman, though, after the organization went to poo poo. In the game proper, and under the player's command, the Minutemen are squeaky clean.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Whelp, I got the 'Desdemona won't talk to you' bug in the main quest line, looks like I'm done for now :smith:

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Backhand posted:

That was pretty explicitly the work of a traitorous ex-Minuteman, though, after the organization went to poo poo. In the game proper, and under the player's command, the Minutemen are squeaky clean.

Yes, because they no longer exist and you're rebuilding them from scratch. The original Minutement however weren't as pure as they're made out to be and had a history of infighting and betrayal, which is basically encapsulated and punctuated in the Quincy massacre. Honestly, I'd rather call myself something else than that disgraced failure of a militia.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

mackintosh posted:

Yes, because they no longer exist and you're rebuilding them from scratch. The original Minutement however weren't as pure as they're made out to be and had a history of infighting and betrayal, which is basically encapsulated and punctuated in the Quincy massacre. Honestly, I'd rather call myself something else than that disgraced failure of a militia.

I'd have liked to call my militia The Redcoats, personally.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

widespread posted:

Dammit, I'm probably not in your area. But is it for every Target ever? Or just your store.

Should be every target, I'd call your local one before you scoot down there just in case they don't have their stock yet.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The "Red Socks"?

e: "RAD Socks" :science:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

Quite a few pages ago, but I'm curious:

Where is this quest?

Apparently in Salem but I didn't find anything even tangentially related to Tremors in a way that stood out so :shrug:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

FAT CURES MUSCLES posted:

Should be every target, I'd call your local one before you scoot down there just in case they don't have their stock yet.

Thanks for that. One store near me has them coming the 20th.

Though looking at the packaging, I'm... hesitant to buy now.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Glazius posted:

I dunno, maybe it's because I never did the minecrafts, but I still get a kick out of figuring out how all these Z-levels connect with one another.
Very hesitantly.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

MisterBibs posted:

Quite a few pages ago, but I'm curious:

Where is this quest?

Salem, past the witchcraft museum.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
I want a bubble dome in the glowing sea so I can live out my life long dream of being a super villan.

Or somebody turn Sentinel site into a base.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

ColHannibal posted:

Or somebody turn Sentinel site into a base.

That would be quite awesome. Just me, my son and a pet Deathclaw. Oh yes, and a thousand nuclear warheads. You know, just in case.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I recall someone mentioning that explosive weapons apply their effect per pellet from the shotgun--does the same apply to Wounding?

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Lotish posted:

I recall someone mentioning that explosive weapons apply their effect per pellet from the shotgun--does the same apply to Wounding?

Yes

khy
Aug 15, 2005

I have decided.

More than anything else this is the mod that I want. That I NEED.

SOMEONE MAKE THIS A MOD

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

The Missing Link posted:

I liked tracking down a Courser in the CIT building. I really felt a sense of "oh poo poo, this thing is as awesome as I am" as it was tearing through gunners a floor above me the whole time. And the gunners on the radio going "Jesus Christ does anybody have eyes on that thing!?"

The entire time they were hyping the Courser up, I was thinking yeah it's going to be disappointing when I actually fight him. Lo and behold, he didn't get a single shot off :( Maybe I should have done the main quest earlier.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
I walked into the game completely blind and gave my character my own middle name, becoming Sean, father of ...Shaun.

So, my guy is obviously a little touched in the head. Compoundedly so because after bursting out of the vault like an enraged Liam Neeson he immediately dropped that poo poo in favor of spending countless hours building shantytowns for random irradiated assholes. It's a Bethesda game so I knew the main quest would be written in crayon by glue sniffers but oh man the scene where you meet Shaun-not-junior and are incapable of asking him to answer any of the many burning questions a sane person would have had me holding my hands up like Gilbert Gottfried.and ranting aloud at the screen.

"Greetings my long-lost infant son who qualifies for senior discounts, I see that you lead the Institute that I've witnessed commit numerous atrocities on the surface. What the hell is going on down here exactly?"
We are redefining humanity.
"From what I've seen you're redefining it as 'corpses replaced by sapient machines that you consider to be property.' Please explain how every part of that is not staggeringly evil."
The Institute is the best hope for the future.
Oh, well, that sounds legit. Let's go meet all your friends."

Then again in 1100 pages you've probably already covered this. I'm really posting to ask if anyone else has encountered the bug where companions you force to equip armor become nudists. No matter how many times I equip clothes on them they strip back down to BVDs even if I take all their armor away. It was funny at first but I'm getting tired of running around the wasteland with the cast of Baywatch.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Haskell9 posted:

It's a Bethesda game so I knew the main quest would be written in crayon by glue sniffers but oh man the scene where you meet Shaun-not-junior and are incapable of asking him to answer any of the many burning questions a sane person would have had me holding my hands up like Gilbert Gottfried.and ranting aloud at the screen.

There is at least one nice touch as you're going around introducing yourself to the Institute; everyone is smiling, happy, exceedingly polite, and fails to mention (or at least go into detail about) even a single one of their more questionable projects. Normally I would just chalk this up to horrible writing as Bethesda switched gears and said, "Now you're supposed to relate to them because you see they're not all bad after all!" But in this particular case, there are a few terminals with inter-office emails floating around that reveal Father told everyone you were coming, ordered them all to be super nice to you, and explicitly forbid them to mention anything you might find upsetting.

It at least made that whole thing a little less jarring, even if it's stupid that you can't force the issue.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

And plasma weapons apply effects twice (once from the ballistic damage, once from the energy damage).
And area-of-effect damage is applied twice on a direct hit.
-> explosive plasma-shotgun.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Backhand posted:

It at least made that whole thing a little less jarring, even if it's stupid that you can't force the issue.

I saw those messages which is why I gave the other Institute people a pass on being cagey. My guy was neck-deep in the Railroad and BoS factions and knew about University point so why didn't he ask Junior ANYTH-ah who am I kidding it's Bethesda I'll stick to enjoying side stuff and running around the wacky sandbox. Hopefully with people wearing clothes.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I never bothered to do much with Danse and had no qualms about carrying out Maxson's order, but having finished the main quest, I decided to bring him back through the magic of recycleactor and see what I missed out on. Oh boy did I make a horrible mistake. Danse is by far one of the funniest companions in the game. He is literally Buzz Lightyear. Bethesda ripped off that character quite verbatim. His interactions in Diamond City are hilarious. If I ever do another full playthrough, I am rolling with my favourite Paladin.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

khy posted:

I have decided.

More than anything else this is the mod that I want. That I NEED.

SOMEONE MAKE THIS A MOD

looks like a shredder mod that doesn't look like poo poo

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

looks like a mod that might have been outside of the game's budget

ftfy. But yes, knife on miniguns.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wow so you can end the BoS questline with the second best power armor in the game, a jetpack, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. Pretty nice! Also the game stopped having a semblance of difficulty once I got a super sledge. The railway rifle I took off the Railroad's dead body is absurdly strong too; it was one-shotting turrets that wrecked me on my first character.

Rip Shaun. If only you and the Institute weren't bad people. Telling Synth Shaun to get hosed in the BoS ending is kind of funny too. Ingram's like "what the gently caress is wrong with you" until you explain it to her.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 20, 2015

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I still have not used power armor since the very beginning of the game. I have more than 100 fusion cores and I just don't see the need for it...Deathclaw Matriach? No problem. Multiple Assaultrons? Suck it. Legendary Sentrybot? That tickles.

Maybe I should have upped the difficulty, but past about level 18-20 it's been hard for me to get into much trouble, outside of a few specific encounters.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

And plasma weapons apply effects twice (once from the ballistic damage, once from the energy damage).
And area-of-effect damage is applied twice on a direct hit.
-> explosive plasma-shotgun.

Oh my god yes. The only thing better than my explosive shotgun+rank 3 pain train combo! Seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi51W5mfhr4

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

RBA Starblade posted:

Wow so you can end the BoS questline with the second best power armor in the game, a jetpack, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. Pretty nice! Also the game stopped having a semblance of difficulty once I got a super sledge. The railway rifle I took off the Railroad's dead body is absurdly strong too; it was one-shotting turrets that wrecked me on my first character.

You can get all of the above just by killing everything and taking their poo poo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Where do people see these popups informing them of the point of no return on a faction? I just talked to the brotherhood about the tactical thinking quest and it immediately makes me hostile to the railroad with no popups of any variety. Same thing with the last option on the institute line, you're just immediately enemies with the brotherhood. What actually sparks the popups?

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Azhais posted:

Where do people see these popups informing them of the point of no return on a faction? I just talked to the brotherhood about the tactical thinking quest and it immediately makes me hostile to the railroad with no popups of any variety. Same thing with the last option on the institute line, you're just immediately enemies with the brotherhood. What actually sparks the popups?

I didn't get any either. It seems you only get the popups if you follow a very specific path.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

popewiles posted:

I didn't get any either. It seems you only get the popups if you follow a very specific path.

I found them. The game only bothers to inform you if you're about to piss off the brotherhood or the institute. The railroad isn't important enough to have a popup/they just assume that a "kill the railroad" quest is warning enough.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Azhais posted:

I found them. The game only bothers to inform you if you're about to piss off the brotherhood or the institute. The railroad isn't important enough to have a popup/they just assume that a "kill the railroad" quest is warning enough.
You are set to hostile whether or not you accept the "murder the railroad" mission from BoS. All you need to do is enter the conversation

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Shooting Blanks posted:

Maybe I should have upped the difficulty

Jeeze guys, everything is so easy on the easy setting, why are you all having problems?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Jeeze guys, everything is so easy on the easy setting, why are you all having problems?

I'm on survival. Everything he said is still valid. Things can be tough til about 20, but assuming you put anything into combat perks, you can just sleepwalk through. I was an entirely stealth/pistols build and by the end of the game I was just walking around with my .44 killing things out of stealth because who cares.

Speaking of the end of the game, I like how one of the last missions is totally Fallout 3 all over again. "We're sending this person with you because a mouth breathing neanderthal like yourself can't be trusted to handle the delicate equipment." Get there, lethal levels of radiation in the chamber. "Maybe you should go in and get that instead"

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

Rip Shaun. If only you and the Institute weren't bad people. Telling Synth Shaun to get hosed in the BoS ending is kind of funny too. Ingram's like "what the gently caress is wrong with you" until you explain it to her.

Ingram is an amazing character. If you wander the Prydwen and start reading everyone's terminals you find out that she's been trying to force her way back onto the ground for combat missions but everyone keeps citing her lack of legs as a problem. She gets pissy throughout the BOS storyline because she's stuck doing stupid poo poo until the very last mission where you she gets to join you and boy is she happy to do so.

She's also one of the few characters where using all the sarcastic replies actually makes her like you more. Using the good responses makes her call you a brown noser, and rude replies just makes her roll her eyes at you.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I've been wearing power armour for about 52 levels now. I put it on at level 10. I had 17 power cores and I was just going to wear it as a boost to help me get started until I was down to 5 cores. I am now level 62 and down to 5 cores. Living only on the cores I looted and without the core duration perk.

I took off the armour and things feel great. Things look better, I can parkour around a town without getting aggro every time I jump down a ledge. Things just feel more "fluid"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My friend just reminded me how bad Bethesda is about scaling and difficulty. It is the exact same health point scaling that they have used since Daggerfall, 20 years ago.

• Locked thread