Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Oh yeah, there's also this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9vxHN8_jSE

Not very schadenfreudy, the chicken is obviously tied to a string. So I guess don't watch it if your limit is exactly between cow eating chicken & cow eating tied up chicken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Jollity Farm posted:

Somewhat related to herbivores eating meat:

Schadenfreude waiting to happen?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

ugh can someone link me to the original thread that fox came up (iirc a poster got it as an avatar too). all i can find is the front page photoshop phriday

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Our affluenza sufferer may have fled the country.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

Jollity Farm posted:

Is that a magpie behind the fox?

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Snapchat A Titty posted:

Oh yeah, there's also this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9vxHN8_jSE

Not very schadenfreudy, the chicken is obviously tied to a string. So I guess don't watch it if your limit is exactly between cow eating chicken & cow eating tied up chicken.

That is a loving near-death, starving cow. Kinda like starving you for a couple of weeks with absolutely nothing to eat and seeing if you'd eat dog poo poo. That said, cows are incredibly tasty when prepared correctly.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I like this part form the article:

quote:

Couch gained attention when he was sentenced to 10 years of probation for the crash, which left four people dead and nine injured...The father said the resurfacing of attention on Couch's case over the past few days has put a strain on his family. "It's drastically affected my family," McConnell said. "It's brought out emotions that we shouldn't have to be dealing with."

I dunno, I'm guessing the families of all those people he killed and maimed have also been going through a lot of emotion they "shouldn't have to be dealing with". His father makes it seem like it just a loving inconvenience.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Gorilla Salad posted:

I like this part form the article:

I dunno, I'm guessing the families of all those people he killed and maimed have also been going through a lot of emotion they "shouldn't have to be dealing with". His father makes it seem like it just a loving inconvenience.

Try reading that again. It isn't his father. It is the father of one of the injured people.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Atticus_1354 posted:

Try reading that again. It isn't his father. It is the father of one of the injured people.

Who was himself injured in the accident, I believe.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Atticus_1354 posted:

Ah, you're right. I thought it was incredibly stupid for Couch's family to be commenting publicly like that.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

:psyduck: WHY IN THE gently caress WOULD ANYONE EVER DO THIS

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

LonsomeSon posted:

Florida native here. Out of staters are complete loving morons with gators.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Cythereal posted:

Something about being a tourist just flips a switch in people's brains. A while back there was a hurricane warning here on top of a fun old tropical storm and while I was out driving to see the damages the storm had done, I saw cops arguing with tourists trying to get them to get the gently caress off the beaches because we were under a hurricane warning and there was a good chance they would die if it hit. But they didn't want to get off the beach because they paid money to come and sit on the beach in Hawaii. :sigh: Same sort of thing happens when we have jellyfish season. Signs all over the place telling people not to go in the drat water because the water is now made out of jellyfish and they will sting the poo poo out of you. But there's always at least one tourist who thinks that's just a scam.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://streamable.com/9pm9

the schadenfreude is that for 30 seconds, everyone watching on US broadcast TV just got silence

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

LonsomeSon posted:

That old rear end in a top hat was climbing on his back.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

Something about being a tourist just flips a switch in people's brains. A while back there was a hurricane warning here on top of a fun old tropical storm and while I was out driving to see the damages the storm had done, I saw cops arguing with tourists trying to get them to get the gently caress off the beaches because we were under a hurricane warning and there was a good chance they would die if it hit. But they didn't want to get off the beach because they paid money to come and sit on the beach in Hawaii. :sigh: Same sort of thing happens when we have jellyfish season. Signs all over the place telling people not to go in the drat water because the water is now made out of jellyfish and they will sting the poo poo out of you. But there's always at least one tourist who thinks that's just a scam.

Nah, he's secretly got a fetish for people peeing on him, and that's the only way to get his jollies.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

I don't like it when infants are injured, no schaden for me :smith:

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't like it when infants are injured, no schaden for me :smith:

My roommate has that exact same mirror, it weighs about 5lbs (cheapest/thinnest mirror possible on a cardboard backing) and is flexible. Kid's fine, laugh away.

E: You can see him bend it when he first leans on it, it's that flimsy.

goatsestretchgoals has a new favorite as of 07:54 on Dec 20, 2015

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

LonsomeSon posted:

Well if what I learned from watching Steve Irwin is true, when you need to restrain and transport an alligator or crocodile for whatever reason, you have someone with a catch pole bind its mouth closed, throw a sheet over its head to blind it, then have three or four guys jump on its back at once to hold it down. It's pretty important that you get on there without any hesitation or the gator will thrash before you can get a good hold on it.

So what I'm guessing happened is this brilliant fellow saw an episode of Crocodile Hunter or two and decided that yah, I can do that. It looks so easy.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yeah he's a complete moron.

I mean I could probably do it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
It's like crocodiles in the Northern Territory in Australia. Every year people get eaten. There are huge signs that say "IF YOU SWIM IN THIS POOL YOU WILL BE CROC-MURDERED" every twenty metres in some places.

NT Parks and Wildlife have stopped trying to cull the ones that take people, because they'll turn up to the last place the person was seen to find 12 to 15 crocs, with the smaller ones being 500 kilos and 4 metres long. Can't kill them all, so they don't kill any of them.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I mean technically with some crocodiles you can just rubber band their mouth shut because the muscles opening the jaw are supposed to be quite weak, but you wouldn't exactly try it unless it's important.

trauma llama
Jun 16, 2015

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Just got done reading the Silent Hill circumcision meltdown. Holy poo poo. Is there a name for when your brain is broken specifically by the concept of circumcision? I used to know a guy who took it upon himself to educate me on the EVILS OF CIRCUMCISION about a year into our friendship. In the space of two weeks we went from chatting about beer or video games or whatever to where every conversation HAD to be about baby dicks and the alleged mutilation thereof.

It escalated to where my lack of strong opinions on baby penises would reduce him to screams and tears every time I spoke to him, so I just started avoiding him and hoping he'd forget about me before the murders started.

Yeah it's been addressed already, but circumcision is just a fixation of his. Dude probably has paranoid schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.

He's at the a proper age to really start losing it (symptoms in men most often show at age 20-30)

I've seen some pretty weird symptoms like guys think UFO's are stealing their Batteries, the flying snake that lives in a man's throat, and the work that bore through a dude's eyeball and crawled around his skull and chomped have is brain. Not to mention all the devils and angels telling people to murder X group.

Circumcision is just another weird fixation/presentation and the Internet allowed him an "outlet"/stimulus and we all got to witness his breakdown/mental health disorder. Kind of like the gang stalker folks or Kevin Haven and his Doll-fucker compatriots.

trauma llama has a new favorite as of 09:53 on Dec 20, 2015

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

what is it about circumcision that makes it a subject like lizard people or the illuminati or whatever to these people though, this isn't the first time I've seen someone lose their poo poo over it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"THEY MUTILATED MAH PENIS! :byodood: IT'S THEIR FAULT I CAN'T GET LAID!" is the gist of it, I thought.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

FlyinPingu posted:

what is it about circumcision that makes it a subject like lizard people or the illuminati or whatever to these people though, this isn't the first time I've seen someone lose their poo poo over it.

Jews, it always boils down to Jews.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

Birb Katter posted:

Jews, it always boils down to Jews.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
It's a bit late for halloween, but I found a bit of dogenfreude that I thought was pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okAABAiE3Ko

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Cythereal posted:

As another Florida native I can vouch for this. People are loving stupid.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

In local news:

quote:

RIVERSIDE: Motorcycle rider performs stunt on highway, crashes, is arrested

A motorcycle rider was arrested after he pulled up next to a CHP officer, performed an illegal stunt and crashed into the officer Saturday, Dec. 19, an official said.

The incident began at 12:48 p.m. when CHP dispatchers began receiving reports that 60-70 motorcycle riders were blocking all the lanes on Highway 60 near Pyrite Street and slowing traffic to 30-40 mph, said CHP spokesman Officer Travis Monks.

Two CHP motorcycle officers caught up with the group as it was moving south on Interstate 215 north of Central Avenue. When the officers activated their lights, one of the riders pulled up next to the officers and popped a wheelie, the spokesman said.

The rider then lost control as he ended the stunt and crashed into the nearby officer. The motorcycle was thrown to the pavement while the officer managed to stay on his bike, Monks said.

The rider suffered only minor injuries, and the officer, who was uninjured, arrested the person on suspicion of reckless driving. CHP officers took the rider to Riverside Community Hospital to make sure he was in good enough health to be booked into jail, the spokesman said.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
what's a legal stunt?

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Jollity Farm posted:

That fox is just going to grow bigger.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Volume posted:

what's a legal stunt?
Turning.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

wyoming posted:

Hope this is the plot of the next Silent Hill.

Have...have you actually played Silent Hill 4? Ironically, while there's no circumcision subplot like this crazy dude claims, there uh, is a plot about the main psycho's umbilical cord and how he feels disconnect from his mother.

Silent Hill's weird sometimes.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Volume posted:

what's a legal stunt?

One done on private property.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Subjunctive posted:

One done on private property.

Or performed in a public place with the correct permits (in the case of filming a stunt for a movie)

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Volume posted:

what's a legal stunt?

Sticking you tongue out while driving the speed limit.

Of course, you must be wearing protective gear at all times so its more like licking the inside of your helmet.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

Volume posted:

what's a legal stunt?

Cockney rhyming slang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

gender illusionist posted:

Cockney rhyming slang

:perfect:

I am experiencing my own shaden.

Going on vacation back to the US for the first time in 10 years, the past 24 hours have been a mess, get an email saying the flights got changed last minute, tried to call the agent to find out just WHAT has been changed, "the 'urgent team' don't work sundays and i cant tell you what is going on with your flight without them, even though you are meant to be flying first thing tomorrow morning" was their response. So i got in touch with the airline instead, turns out it's the return flight, all ok then, til i go to check in online. The retarded agents filled in all my information wrong, misspelt my name, put my date of birth in as i'm 12 years old. Call the airline back, they can change my DOB but say i will need to talk to the check in staff at the airport tomorrow to get the name changed, it's not my fault so 'should' be ok. That's the best they can tell me for now.

Followed that up with Dollar rent a car being weirdly odd about letting me use my debit card to reserve a car but then saying i need a credit card to actually hire it, i call them explaining i only have a corporate credit card and i'd rather just use my debit, they say that's fine, but then i get an email later saying it must be credit, but i look on their FAQ and they say debit is fine and what the hell, i guess i'm just gonna wing that too.

Then my tablet that i loaded with a bunch of comics and movies for the 14hr flight i have decides to go on the fritz as i'm charging it tonight.

Basically i'm already sick of this vacation and it hasn't even started!