Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Kuvo posted:

i would pay a good deal of money for that sweater

ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Kuvo posted:

i would pay a good deal of money for that sweater

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Literally rip a man's entrails from his stomach.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

i would pay a good deal of Kuvo's money for that sweater

:catstare:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
You guys should just nut up and beg your mom to knit you a copy.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Who the hell still knows how to knit these days? I mean, yeah my mom does since she's born in the 50s in China so she HAD to be resourceful, but the more current generation of moms? I have doubts in their culinary skills, let alone more complicated handicrafts. Dads are straight out.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014
http://i.imgur.com/JkuQWDD.gifv

Some nerd on reddit made this; go Mumen Rider!

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

kinkouin posted:

http://i.imgur.com/JkuQWDD.gifv

Some nerd on reddit made this; go Mumen Rider!

It's by this guy.

Here are the individual cups:

He also made this:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
this is a really good web comic

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Genos and Saitama will save money on pork for weeks. Depends how big a freezer Genos can afford I guess.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Prison Warden posted:

Genos and Saitama will save money on pork for weeks. Depends how big a freezer Genos can afford I guess.

Fortunately Saitama already killed a snowman monster so they can just put all that bacon on ice.

Theowulv
Feb 21, 2015

My wall can now attack
The animation sequence for Meteoric Burst was beautiful. I love how it framed Boros as a divine being.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Theowulv posted:

The animation sequence for Meteoric Burst was beautiful. I love how it framed Boros as a divine being.

Yeah, Boros looked incredibly cool.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Fantastic finale.

Literally my only complaint was how unceremoniously Bang came back into the fight, and even that was kinda sorta fitting in a weird sorta way.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The music adds so much to how the point of view character for the fight isn't Saitama but but Boros instead. Genocidal space emperor pirate Goku really gave it his all and it wasn't enough, but Saitama played along anyway.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GimmickMan posted:

The music adds so much to how the point of view character for the fight isn't Saitama but but Boros instead. Genocidal space emperor pirate Goku really gave it his all and it wasn't enough, but Saitama played along anyway.

https://imgur.com/a/iWMoV

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Boros' claim of destroying the world with his last attack pretty much confirms he was God level.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

sharktamer posted:

Boros' claim of destroying the world with his last attack pretty much confirms he was God level.

Stinger is Saitama level because he claimed to have defeated multiple God level monsters

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

AnonSpore posted:

Stinger is Saitama level because he claimed to have defeated multiple God level monsters

I'm a lot more inclined to believe the guy who took more than one punch from Saitama on how much poo poo he wrecks.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I'm a lot more inclined to believe the guy who took more than one punch from Saitama on how much poo poo he wrecks.

From all his dialogue he'd never fought at that level before though. How would he know?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Power levels.
And the guys dead and took more than one low carb regular pan with no sides, take him at his word.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Saitama was holding back the whole time so for all we know he probably could've just ended Boros with a single punch.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

AnonSpore posted:

From all his dialogue he'd never fought at that level before though. How would he know?

He's so powerful that his armored version is capable of beating God-level threats.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

AnonSpore posted:

Because he's destroyed planets before, he said it in the previous episode.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

When you think about it, isn't humanity itself a God level threat? :prepop:

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Saitama was holding back the whole time so for all we know he probably could've just ended Boros with a single punch.

If you look you'll notice Saitama is just blocking or tanking hits the entire time until the end when he does two attacks that kill Boros (and the one that blows off his arm). At least that's what it seemed like in the anime, haven't read the manga in a while.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Terper posted:

When you think about it, isn't humanity itself a God level threat? :prepop:

Vaccine man is the truest hero.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The anime playing it from Boros' point of view was awesome, I love this show.

Anyways Boros is definitely a god-level threat, in the manga he specifically says that his final attack is powerful enough to wipe out everything on the planet's surface, and I don't see him as the kind of guy to just lie about how strong he is, he'd have no reason for it.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Demicol posted:

If you look you'll notice Saitama is just blocking or tanking hits the entire time until the end when he does two attacks that kill Boros (and the one that blows off his arm). At least that's what it seemed like in the anime, haven't read the manga in a while.

Yeah, Boros was able to take a bunch of hits because Saitama never hit Boros' life orb until he got "serious".

I wonder if Boros' death was supposed to reference Hunter X Hunter. It looked so similar to that bit from the Chimera ant arc.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Boros doesn't have a life orb, his ship does. Saitama punched him in the arm and it came off, but after that he didn't do another punch until the consecutive normal punches and the Serious Strike, he was just blocking Boros' hits.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

What a fabulous season finale. This anime has to be one of my favorite manga adaptations to have come out.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:siren: i found the sweater! :siren:

https://viralstyle.com/facemann/saitama-ugly-xmas-shirt#pid=3&cid=2317809&sid=front

(not me, and not actually a sweater?)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Oh that's actually quite reasonably priced.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

If that isn't traditional knitted, what is even the meaning of life.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Mordaedil posted:

If that isn't traditional knitted, what is even the meaning of life.

Yeah, why would you want a regular old sweatshirt with that ironed/silk screened on? It defeats the whole purpose.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ChairMaster posted:

Boros doesn't have a life orb, his ship does. Saitama punched him in the arm and it came off, but after that he didn't do another punch until the consecutive normal punches and the Serious Strike, he was just blocking Boros' hits.

Oh, you're right. I completely misinterpreted that. Apparently, Boros just kind of runs out of life energy or something. The consecutive punches clearly weren't doing the job, though. Saitama needed to put effort into it. :shrug:

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

GimmickMan posted:

It wasn't just the music. The fight after Saitama landed mirrored Saitama's dream fight with the subterraneans (Boros' eye spark after Consecutive normal punches, the pose he strikes when he regenerates, the heartbeat)

Boros got the dream fight that he wanted while Saitama was left with nothing

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm really glad that I waited for all the episodes to be done before I watched the end of this.

Does anyone else find it really loving creepy how everyone just stopped talking about A-City like it never even existed? Like, holy poo poo.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

I'm really glad that I waited for all the episodes to be done before I watched the end of this.

Does anyone else find it really loving creepy how everyone just stopped talking about A-City like it never even existed? Like, holy poo poo.

Everyone's in denial about how monsters are clearly going to exterminate all life on earth. They're showing up more and more often, a space shuttle full of aliens showed up to destroy a city, super crime is on the rise. You can admit how awful everything is, but most people are just gonna say, "The heroes have got it!" or start donating heavily at the church.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
There has been years of these kinds of threats popping up, so I guess the general populace has gotten somewhat desensitized. It probably sucks terribly for the people who get caught in the whole blow-up, but to everyone else it's like hearing about a tornado on the other side of the planet. They would probably donate to the local NGO to help the survivors, but in the end as long as it's not happening to them they're not going to freak out about it.