Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Nordick posted:

Hercule Poirot theme, actually

I strongly approve of this post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

You can't fool me, Eminem!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Verisimilidude posted:

You can't fool me, Eminem!

Ok, thank you. That look reminded me of someone and I couldn't quite place it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
So, Brian Blessed punched a polar bear in the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9c05bvN6Z0

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Purported video of some Brazilian speial forces knocking the wing off a plane to prevent a suspect fleeing.

http://i.imgur.com/LwYbGaG.gifv

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008
Saudi barefoot tire change drill.

http://www.chonday.com/Videos/sauditire2

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

This just smacks of fake to me.

Cpt Thorne
Apr 13, 2009

Kea posted:

This is what atheists really believe.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Kea posted:

It's pretty much a national sport in Saudi Arabia, there's dozens and dozens of videos online including a few where it all goes horribly wrong. :ohdear:

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

I thought this was the OSHA thread for a sec. I mean he has a hardhat and glasses on but he probably shouldn't have his head resting there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

All this says to me is he had poor retirement planning.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The twisty dog

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Or he could be like my grandpa and realize that when people after a certain age stop working they tend to die/lapse into senility a lot faster

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib

Solice Kirsk posted:

Some people actually enjoy their jobs.

Ockhams Crowbar
May 7, 2007
Always the simplest solution.
Somehow I suspect that particular dude is pretty comfortable in his retirement.

(That's Jimmy Carter, if I'm not mistaken.)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

It was a joke you goons.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's pretty much a national sport in Saudi Arabia, there's dozens and dozens of videos online including a few where it all goes horribly wrong. :ohdear:

Wow. There's literally no reason to feel bad for anyone in that video other than the other drivers on the road.

God drat that's probably the most retarded thing I have seen. Even the slipper/skate thing they do is slightly less idiotic than that.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/hnbINU3.webm

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Dispatch: The suspect called your mom fat
Officer: THAT SON OF A BITCH

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

That poor guy, had to have the ONE fit cop in his pursuit.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Live action Silver Fang looking good

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Flash is a cop in this universe, I guess.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I hate Adam Sandler, but can't help hearing the fast cop making the "RRREEEEEEEEEE!" Sound a la Waterboy

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Sir Nicholas Winton is a humanitarian who organized a rescue operation that saved the lives of 669 Jewish Czechoslovakia children from Nazi death camps, and brought them to the safety of Great Britain between the years 1938-1939.

After the war, his efforts remained unknown. But in 1988, Wintons wife Grete found the scrapbook from 1939 with the complete list of childrens names and photos.

Sir Nicholas Winton is sitting in an audience of Jewish Czechoslovakian people who he saved 50 years before... and he doesn't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_nFuJAF5F0

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Say Nothing posted:

Sir Nicholas Winton is a humanitarian who organized a rescue operation that saved the lives of 669 Jewish Czechoslovakia children from Nazi death camps, and brought them to the safety of Great Britain between the years 1938-1939.

After the war, his efforts remained unknown. But in 1988, Wintons wife Grete found the scrapbook from 1939 with the complete list of childrens names and photos.

Sir Nicholas Winton is sitting in an audience of Jewish Czechoslovakian people who he saved 50 years before... and he doesn't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_nFuJAF5F0

That is loving amazing.

tyler is a joke
Apr 28, 2013

*was. :(

Nicholas Winton, Rescuer of 669 Children From Holocaust, Dies at 106

From the obit:

A family picture of Nicholas Winton with one of the hundreds of Jewish children whose lives he saved during World War II.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Say Nothing posted:

After the war, his efforts remained unknown.

It's even better than that. Winton's efforts remained unknown for fifty years because he never told anyone about them.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jedit posted:

It's even better than that. Winton's efforts remained unknown for fifty years because he never told anyone about them.

I have my own opinion on why, but I wish to ask you and the others.

What about doing an act like this and keeping silent about it is, in your opinion, endearing?

Trust me, I agree with you. I just want to read your words.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

VendaGoat posted:

What about doing an act like this and keeping silent about it is, in your opinion, endearing?

“Know you not that a good man does nothing for appearance sake, but for the sake of having done right?”
― Epictetus

In my opinion, if you've done the right thing about a bad situation and you're OK with how you behaved, then why go around telling it up?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

“Know you not that a good man does nothing for appearance sake, but for the sake of having done right?”
― Epictetus

In my opinion, if you've done the right thing about a bad situation and you're OK with how you behaved, then why go around telling it up?

To model behaviour that you'd like to see in others, often.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

This is him in '08, age 84:

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

VendaGoat posted:

Because it's proof positive it was done for its own sake. Telling people doesn't make it not selfless, just allows for the possibility.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Why does not telling people mean that it wasn't done to gain something? People don't advertise when they defraud people usually, but it's clearly selfish.

But also: why is a good act done selflessly better than the same act done for personal gain or satisfaction?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

Why does not telling people mean that it wasn't done to gain something? People don't advertise when they defraud people usually, but it's clearly selfish.

But also: why is a good act done selflessly better than the same act done for personal gain or satisfaction?

It's not like the Nazi's beliefs just magically vanished away once WW2 ended, better to remain quiet and slip to history's shadows then run into the wrong persons and risk harm to yourself and your loved ones.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
Oh god Philosophy 101 is spilling out of the meme thread

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Davfff posted:

Oh god Philosophy 101 is spilling out of the meme thread

Someone post that there philosophy raptor maymay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

VendaGoat posted:

Atonement.