Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soral
May 30, 2009

lady maria and ludwig are my favourite bosses now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

the old hunters dlc is so loving sick

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I stoll havent beat lidwog...fuuuii

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
lidwog... lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

lidwog teh uhcoursad

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

what if cleric beach was a shiba dog 😍😍

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tumor looking batty posted:

what if cleric beach was a shiba dog 😍😍

I'd still kill it :twisted:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I don't remember him being that hard. Gascoigne pwned my poo poo though for a little while

it was a joke! a lark!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think gascoigne gave me some trouble on my first time through, and shadows too. ebrietas was pretty tough, and undead giant v2.0 was the first boss i was stuck on for a considerable amount of time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i think gascoigne gave me some trouble on my first time through, and shadows too. ebrietas was pretty tough, and undead giant v2.0 was the first boss i was stuck on for a considerable amount of time.

it was extremely cathartic to try erbietas on my DLC char and demolish it in one shot, after struggling for so long on my first character with her

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i only had real problems with amelia. i still have problems with the pthumerian elder/descendant (sickle type not the fire wizard type)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
when i played dark souls for the first time i had problems with just about every boss except i beat ornstein and smough first try without summons or anything lol. i distinctly remember running backwards around the room in a circle for approximately 20 minutes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think O&S is the only souls boss ive never beaten solo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if u can solo bosses like kos then o+s will be peanuts.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should revisit DS1, but 3 is so close. Hell I should try to beat every game again before 3, the final souls game, comes out

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

i only had real problems with amelia. i still have problems with the pthumerian elder/descendant (sickle type not the fire wizard type)

I tried fighting him legit but I always end up parry spamming to win.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Benny D posted:

I tried fighting him legit but I always end up parry spamming to win.

theres only 1 move i can parry properly and thats the one where he holds the sickle over his head for a second first. i can get other parries sometiems if i shoot as soon as soon as he moves but like if you fight him a cursed dungeon then youll die if you miss

Soral
May 30, 2009

i think it's cool that even though were all playing the same game, each of us has different experiences and challenges with the bosses...... one player might beat vicar amelia first try without breaking a sweat and another player might need 10 tries or more to win. this series is so awesome

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

beating the bloodstarved beast and the cleric beast first time without any coop help was kinda weird. i've played all the ds's so i kinda expected to start off in this all hosed up and getting wrecked by everything, then I step up to the first boss and that sucker went down like whoa.

Then Father Gascoigne beat me up a lot.

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

beating the bloodstarved beast and the cleric beast first time without any coop help was kinda weird. i've played all the ds's so i kinda expected to start off in this all hosed up and getting wrecked by everything, then I step up to the first boss and that sucker went down like whoa.

Then Father Gascoigne beat me up a lot.

I had the opposite experience I beat Father first try but Cleric Beast took me like 10 tries.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cleric beast hosed me up more than father, and then ive beaten amelia in one shot every time

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I ended up summoning help for the fight and it was my first look at what bloodborne combat should look like, that fast insane brutal combat where poo poo dies in seconds and it genuinely strongly colored my impression of how to play the game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I beat all the bosses mt first try bas8callt

Soral
May 30, 2009

i beat the whole game in 5 minutes lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Alright it look me like 4 days trying on and off but i murked ludwog finally

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grats

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The mlgs has a freaking sweet movset

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Good lord...the bowblade projectiles can backstab?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i have to use my whip on the skeleton caskets. they remind me of nito

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

L8v9ng failures were pretty ez but the summon meteors took me by surprise. Lady maria is wailim on me tho. Glad i guess i finally get 2 go in the drat clock tower i guess..m

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Aw sheet i didnt relaize u only have half hp for jolly cooperarion. I thot ir was only.for invadin. Oops

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Both Cleric Beast and Gascione kicked my rear end. Blood Starved Beast wasn't too bad though.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Murk9ng logarius repearedly is freaking epic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Valtr is literally Adolf Hitler

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lmfao the gesture is basically a sieg heil and ur holding a fasces freaking epic :awesomelon::tinsley:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

when i played dark souls for the first time i had problems with just about every boss except i beat ornstein and smough first try without summons or anything lol. i distinctly remember running backwards around the room in a circle for approximately 20 minutes

The only bosses I remember having normal trouble with were Capra and gwyn. I had the most trouble with seath though because I never thought to use curse resist stuff lnao.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

After a few days rest, Father Asscoin is swiftly defeated.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

After a few days rest, Father Asscoin is swiftly defeated.

It's amazing how, when you get stuck in something and step away for awhile, when you come back you're able to defeat the thing that was blocking your progress. Has happened to me again and again in ds games

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

tumor looking batty posted:

It's amazing how, when you get stuck in something and step away for awhile, when you come back you're able to defeat the thing that was blocking your progress. Has happened to me again and again in ds games

It feels nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i had like 40 thousand blood echoes and was trying to finish out all the secrets in the forbidden woods, and remembered where the secret path to iosefka was and was like 'alright, i'll just head up there and hit the lamp to spend my echoes' while totally forgetting about the loving lampreys that eat your rear end off