Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Nagi Photobombing scenes has become my favorite thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

gently caress Feliciano the All-Seeing. That is all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Nagi Photobombing scenes has become my favorite thing

:yeah:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Man I really like the Sylvalum music but exploring there is a pain since so, so, so, so much wants to kill you. Plus those loving patrolling robot things suck

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Lessail posted:

Man I really like the Sylvalum music but exploring there is a pain since so, so, so, so much wants to kill you. Plus those loving patrolling robot things suck

I just bought and kitted out a 50 Mastema and the first thing I did was murder the living poo poo out of one of those things. It was the most cathartic experience I have had in this game. Got a nifty orange missile launcher out of it, too.

Course, then a pair of them patrolled into me like two minutes later :suicide:

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Dec 20, 2015

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
This game really, really needs an "execute NPC on the spot" button.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm upset that I just had a quest giver ask me to murder Nagi while the dude was standing right by me and I accidentally tapped a button before realizing I didn't take a picture yet.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm upset that I just had a quest giver ask me to murder Nagi while the dude was standing right by me and I accidentally tapped a button before realizing I didn't take a picture yet.

I've seen at least three quests involve an option to say "yes" to killing or deposing Nagi and I hope there are more.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh, huh, neat. The last weapon in the crafting screen really IS a unique gun type. Wonder if it's the only one of its kind, would be a shame, since it has unique arts and everything.

Edit: The animations are pretty neat too, they like summon holographic wireframe weapon models to attack.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Dec 20, 2015

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

https://soundcloud.com/berr-spacebar/wir-stylen

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Trueno, The Cataclysm, can eat a dick. Fucker jumped me out of its hidey-hole and king-hit all four of my Skells down in one shot. Thanks for burning my insurance, fucker :argh:. It's also right in a spot where if you're fighting stuff near it on-foot it's close enough to get touched by radius-targeting attacks. All you hear is the music shift and then death.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Alard posted:

It feels a bit weird to me, but with everything I've seen I suspect the player character is somehow just a mim that's autonomous I guess? I'm not really sure how else to say it. Since not counting the existence of other PCs we only have two other characters who apparently showed any amnesia and one of them was a Definian, and the other one is Yelv. Which kind of leaves me thinking the PC mim had it's own soul the entire time, some other presence is acting through it, or I could be wrong entirely.
Everybody is on the same page since day 1 on Mira. I don't think there's any consideration to give the PC beyond wanting a self-insert character as homage to wRPGs, and feeling most comfortable with an amnesiac cipher even though it's the oldest hat.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Trueno, The Cataclysm, can eat a dick. Fucker jumped me out of its hidey-hole and king-hit all four of my Skells down in one shot. Thanks for burning my insurance, fucker :argh:. It's also right in a spot where if you're fighting stuff near it on-foot it's close enough to get touched by radius-targeting attacks. All you hear is the music shift and then death.

Is the particularly gigantic plant thing in White Phosphor Lake? The name seems familiar. If so, then yeah, gently caress that thing. It doesn't aggro at all if you go there on foot, which let me figure out that it mysteriously has a teleport pad like, INSIDE it. I'm really curious to check it out once I can actually kill the thing.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Infinity Gaia posted:

Is the particularly gigantic plant thing in White Phosphor Lake? The name seems familiar. If so, then yeah, gently caress that thing. It doesn't aggro at all if you go there on foot, which let me figure out that it mysteriously has a teleport pad like, INSIDE it. I'm really curious to check it out once I can actually kill the thing.

There's a floating platform with a treasure in it that's only accessible through a teleporter to the west of Cauldros, that's probably where it sends you.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yuuuup, that's the motherfucker. And it totally aggros on-foot, I was trying to kill some of the local robots for quest drops and the AOE Arts kept pissing off Trueno because he has some kind of size/radius issue that gets him tapped by AOE attacks while closer indigens aren't.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Dec 20, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

You know, when I started chapter 12 I knew there were supposed to be 13 chapters in the game, but what I had forgotten was that the game had a prologue chapter, oops. I was not as prepared for the finale as I would have liked to have been. I did end up turning the difficulty down for the first boss, but I don't know if it carried over to the later stuff.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Stuck on 47 freakin lobsters and I've gone through a guide twice already aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Stuck on 47 freakin lobsters and I've gone through a guide twice already aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If you aren't already, go look for them while in a Skell. They've got a much larger pickup radius, so it's a lot easier to stumble over them.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Infinity Gaia posted:

gently caress Feliciano the All-Seeing. That is all.

what is his gimmick. what the gently caress is it. he just roars and whoops i'm dead.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Is there any reason to keep collectibles once they've been registered or should I just sell them all?

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Traxis posted:

Is there any reason to keep collectibles once they've been registered or should I just sell them all?

you might need them for quests.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Inflammatory posted:

what is his gimmick. what the gently caress is it. he just roars and whoops i'm dead.

Think he might be one of few enemies that has access to a spike ability.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Dastardly posted:

Think he might be one of few enemies that has access to a spike ability.

i don't know what that means.

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.

Inflammatory posted:

i don't know what that means.

Some sort of automatic effect that triggers based on some condition, usually as a counter to being hit or proximity. Xenoblade Chronicles 1 had a lot of different ones too.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
He will one shot your Skells if you don't kill him fast enough. Press the agasura cannon on your ares 90 to make him explode first!

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i don't have an ares and i don't intend to get one and i think it's p dumb that a boss's actual intended strategy is just "get a weapon strong enough to oneshot it".

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I really don't know why they designed an elaborate and in-depth Job system which rewards creative ability and skill combinations and allows radically different playstyles and then built an endgame based solely around farming mats for one dimensional superweapons. I was having alot more fun with the game when my damage was coming from careful managed auras and sick double cooldown combos rather than thoughtlessly spamming by robot skills on cooldown

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That ending sure set us up for a sequel that sounds like will never happen.

Chapters 1-11: "I'll tell you later"
Chapter 12: "Oh by the way, all of THIS. Okay have fun!"

:shepicide:

You don't think Nintendo will make another Xenoblade after X or a direct sequel in the style of X? Because I think this game will likely get a direct sequel, it seems successful enough at least.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Blood lobster quest guide got linked earlier https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kU7nCw-ZWEuGDq9lPZEYCLm2F4UjKx8aRNFIlbbf3-k/pub good thing I bookmarked it.

Crabtree posted:

You don't think Nintendo will make another Xenoblade after X or a direct sequel in the style of X? Because I think this game will likely get a direct sequel, it seems successful enough at least.

I'm already excited for Xenoblade X2

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Inflammatory posted:

i don't have an ares and i don't intend to get one and i think it's p dumb that a boss's actual intended strategy is just "get a weapon strong enough to oneshot it".

Go get spike resist augments and do it your way then.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I really don't know why they designed an elaborate and in-depth Job system which rewards creative ability and skill combinations and allows radically different playstyles and then built an endgame based solely around farming mats for one dimensional superweapons. I was having alot more fun with the game when my damage was coming from careful managed auras and sick double cooldown combos rather than thoughtlessly spamming by robot skills on cooldown

As much fun as the gameplay is this is still a JRPG and it's all about seein numbers rise and bigger things go down that have bullshit gameplans

There's not a lot of superbosses in JRPGs that are actually fun to fight and Monolith-Soft has some of the worst

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Dastardly posted:

Go get spike resist augments and do it your way then.

Is this how "Go-Rah" is insta-loving me when he wakes up and just wipes my party?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Crabtree posted:

I think there was an interview with the head monolith soft guy posted earlier saying that they were working on something completely different than before right now. So, a new xenoblade is probably not in the pipes. After this new different game comes out though, it's probably gonna happen.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It's kinda funny, back in original Xenoblade Spike damage/effects had you get warned about them in advance in a tiny tutorial screen, and nobody really paid attention to it until it was too late. Now here there's absolutely no information about it, and it's still wrecking people. It's probably the most Xenoblade-y thing about late-game combat, in my opinion.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zombie Defiler posted:

Is this how "Go-Rah" is insta-loving me when he wakes up and just wipes my party?

Go-rah has Ether reflect. If you're trying to use Ares against it, you're probably getting splatted by your own cannon.

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

Go-rah has Ether reflect. If you're trying to use Ares against it, you're probably getting splatted by your own cannon.

Ahh yep, that is exactly what was going on, He had aced my other skells prior to ares reeeal fast too so I suspected he just had some bullshit aura of death.
Thanks.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Zombie Defiler posted:

Ahh yep, that is exactly what was going on, He had aced my other skells prior to ares reeeal fast too so I suspected he just had some bullshit aura of death.
Thanks.

Make sure you get Negate Ether Reflect XX. Anything less than 100% is useless and you can use it for telethia as well.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zombie Defiler posted:

Thanks.

There really should be some notification of stuff like reflect and spike. Only way to find out is splatting yourself lol.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

A Steampunk Gent posted:

You might be surprised at the depth of encounter design for level 60+ tyrants, because the buff/debuff interface and combat parsing is completely unintelligible so you'd never hear about it on the internet where everybody just stacks augments in skells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Sam Faust posted:

I think there was an interview with the head monolith soft guy posted earlier saying that they were working on something completely different than before right now. So, a new xenoblade is probably not in the pipes. After this new different game comes out though, it's probably gonna happen.

He said that players should expect something different but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a sequel with a different sort of gameplay. I guess we'll just find out.

I do like that he basically said "gently caress the Japanese mobile game market" so whatever it is, at least we know it won't be a F2P stamina clicker.

• Locked thread