Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.
The best kind of wine is better known as "Scotch"

stop being such babies and grab some Lagavulin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Pinot Noir domination

Never change your mind because right now we agree

Merlots rule too

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Poison Jam posted:

When it comes to alcohol just ask yourself, what would wheez do? He'd drink it because it's booze and by god so should all of you. Any booze. Any time. :colbert:

He would smoke a joint instead. Go Hawks :birddrugs:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burginator posted:

this guy gets it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Muscat is good if you want sweet wine, but there's also mead if you want diabetes. Cheaper reds tend to be towards the extremes of sweet or sour because of their mass production. They alao have terrible flavor, and judging them is like writing off steak because you had Aunt Barb's shoe leather once.

If your wine is sour though it may have been bad or may have needed time to breathe. Just pop open your second bottle when you start drinking your first. Check the cork to see if the wine had moved up the side, and keep it on its side to prevent the cork from drying out and allowing air to enter. Many wineries have given up on the French bullshit of corking and have gone to metal twist offs with neutral interiors to help wine stay better longer.

My wine chat masterpiece is complete. Today you are all 49ers fans :getin:

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 20, 2015

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Now I want some Malbec but stores in Indiana can't sell alcohol on Sundays :(

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

It feels good doesn't it. Give in. Join us.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
:crashes through window reeking of dayquill: MERLOT

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Burginator posted:

the anime person is correct

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Febreeze posted:

Merlots rule too

All the NFL logos as alcohol.

Also: no one else likes a good rye?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Burginator posted:

This is the one upside of living in Scotland.

Scotch whisky is cheap as gently caress :scotland:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

MrLogan posted:

The Jags are one of the many small breweries popping up with IPA's. Usually too piney and unbalanced, it took a pretty devoted person to drink it back in 2013. But they're figuring poo poo out, experimenting a little, and spending capital well, so what started out as Pine-Sol has become a respectable Black IPA. Still not always great, but when it's good, it's gooooood.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
Y'all thought that just because BBP didn't do it this week, you wouldn't have to read about football through the lens of crippling social anxiety disorder

Think again, motherfuckers.

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/12/20/week-15-preview-its-christmas-and-were-all-in-misery/

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Suspect Bucket posted:

The Jags are one of the many small breweries popping up with IPA's. Usually too piney and unbalanced, it took a pretty devoted person to drink it back in 2013. But they're figuring poo poo out, experimenting a little, and spending capital well, so what started out as Pine-Sol has become a respectable Black IPA. Still not always great, but when it's good, it's gooooood.

The Bills are some cider that has been sitting in a dilapitated garage since the 90s and has turned into a toxic gelatinous goo and methanol

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

MrLogan posted:

I like bulleit rye quite a bit. Scotch is better though, give me a good Laphroaig 10 or quarter cask any day

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Mother fuckers bragging about scotch have never had a good brandy.

Cardenal Mendoza will put hair on your chest and clean the rust off your car.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I like scotch and brandy. Different stuff for different occasions.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I also don't trust anyone who won't drink straight gin

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Oban 14 ftw but enough about how we are all alcoholics.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I recommend Auchentoshan 12, because it is both good and made around 10 miles from my house.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

It's not alcoholism until you reach for the everclear

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Shirley Temples erryday

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I prefer to use Pine Sol for cleaning :colbert:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
who here doesn't love toilet wine lmao

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Gin makes every day taste like Christmas

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
my apartment smells like gin right now because of the christmas party i had last night.

it was very gin-y.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Bourbon is the prerferred spirit for the southern gentleman.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's not alcoholism until you reach for the everclear

First time I ever got drunk was with Everclear at 15 years old at a friend's birthday party. His dad must've thought he was hilarious letting us have that

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Febreeze posted:

Oregon pinot supremacy

Anyway, yeah, the single biggest crime against red wine is drinking it as soon as you open it. Open the wine, then get yourself something else to drink first. Even helps at the poo poo end of the spectrum.

My father-in-law buys really nice aged bordeauxs and gives them zero time to breathe. :cripes:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

axeil posted:

my apartment smells like gin right now because of the christmas party i had last night.

it was very gin-y.

My apartment smells like gin because I drink a ton of loving gin because its delicious.

Dogfishhead has started making Gin and its loving delicious

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Drink all wine except white

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My apartment smells like gin because I drink a ton of loving gin because its delicious.

They've been making gin for at least eight years but you had to go to their brewery to get it, sadly I ran out about seven years ago.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

evilweasel posted:

They've been making gin for at least eight years but you had to go to their brewery to get it, sadly I ran out about seven years ago.

Well they started selling it in Delaware liqour stores at least

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well they started selling it in Delaware liqour stores at least

well gently caress, time to go buy a case or two

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

Magicpants posted:

Y'all thought that just because BBP didn't do it this week, you wouldn't have to read about football through the lens of crippling social anxiety disorder

Think again, motherfuckers.

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/12/20/week-15-preview-its-christmas-and-were-all-in-misery/

This is cool and good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I cant go past a hendricks 50/50 with tonic and some cucumber on a hot day.

Sapphire with lime is my other go to.

For scotch gotta go single malt, glen morangie is still my fave, shits all over everything else ive tried at the same price point.

Come to think of it theres pretty much nothing i wont drink, except rum.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Anybody want to drink some bud light limes with me? pm me

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Oola gin is the bomb if you're into PNW micro distilleries. Old Ballard Liquor company makes some slammin Akvavit too if you dig that sort of thing.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

Muscat is good if you want sweet wine, but there's also mead if you want diabetes. Cheaper reds tend to be towards the extremes of sweet or sour because of their mass production. They alao have terrible flavor, and judging them is like writing off steak because you had Aunt Barb's shoe leather once.

If your wine is sour though it may have been bad or may have needed time to breathe. Just pop open your second bottle when you start drinking your first. Check the cork to see if the wine had moved up the side, and keep it on its side to prevent the cork from drying out and allowing air to enter. Many wineries have given up on the French bullshit of corking and have gone to metal twist offs with neutral interiors to help wine stay better longer.

My wine chat masterpiece is complete. Today you are all 49ers fans :getin:

The Funk Zone must have been your Mecca. I like to drink a fine Franzia over ice.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

gim me some chocoolate milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

This is the one upside of living in Scotland.

Scotch whisky is cheap as gently caress :scotland:

Still kicking myself for not bringing back more from Islay.

• Locked thread