Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the best form of transit
honk honk
ring ring
BWOOO BWOOO
toot toot
y0sp0s b1tch
View Results

• Locked thread
Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Smythe posted:

yea, and so was my mandatory sterilization and lobotomy. failing to see the relevance...

cities produce most of the economic activity and tax revenue in america, so why do our tax dollars pay farmers not to grow tobacco and build highways to nowhere? maybe we should invest tax dollars in the fertile soil from which they came: big fuckin cities

new york, chicago, philadelphia, boston, LA, et al are hurting for money because you can only tax people so much, and their high-income citizens are already getting it good and hard from uncle sam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

The Leck posted:

is the new york transit museum worth going to? i'm going to new york city soon and it looked like something that might tickle the yospos part of my brain

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shaggar posted:

everywhere worth going is

same in toronto, but you know, some folks have to live in the outlands and they need to get to places worth going too

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Shaggar posted:

everywhere worth going is

well, shaggs, that's how it works when you're a rich person in a city instead of a rich person in bumfuck nowhere. i live in a city and i never ride the bus, because i can afford to live and work near a train, and if i need to go somewhere else, i use a car.

there doesn't really exist a world where you or I ride the bus (unless we are old or sick or disabled)

the bus isn't really for us, but we still need buses. every idiot on a bus is an idiot who isn't blocking my car

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

also if you're out near rockford il for some terrible reason the Illinois railway museum is fun too

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also, industry tends not to be built in high density corridors. but they still need folk to operate the machines, those people need to get to work somehow

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

parents with children, old folks, and people with temporary disabilities fall through the slots on these sorts of plans

the distances you can walk comfortably are not the only distances that matter. there are lots and lots and lots of people who are not going to take paratransit, but are not adequately served by the combination of walking + trains.

I was specifically referring to young able-bodied people who will take an uber 1/3 of a mile from one bar to another

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH

qirex posted:

people will take transit/cabs/uber pathetically short distances in sf it's like just walk some damnit a mile only takes 20 minutes and the city is tiny

true but better than getting mugged at night. especially if you're alone and a 90 lb. woman like my cousin (she's the one ubering short distances)

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

there's a train museum in tokyo that's really cool

complete with outdoor mini trains for kids that have switching and signaling and everything

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

qirex posted:

I was specifically referring to young able-bodied people who will take an uber 1/3 of a mile from one bar to another

these are the same people that take the elevator 1-2 floors when there's a massive stairwell right next to the elevator

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
thee honey pot is that u have to fist shgger

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

There's a train museum in nuremberg that's cool too plus it's the german postal museum too so they have cool stuff like enigma machines

mostly not nazi trains

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

qirex posted:

There's a train museum in nuremberg that's cool too plus it's the german postal museum too so they have cool stuff like enigma machines

mostly not nazi trains

In Budapest there is a transit museum that is also pretty chill. Fun fact, Budapest has the first and oldest still operating subway line on the continent - the yellow line 1 which has been in operation since 1896.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Seamonster posted:

true but better than getting mugged at night. especially if you're alone and a 90 lb. woman like my cousin (she's the one ubering short distances)

right cause that cant happen with uber

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

The Puppet Master posted:

In Budapest there is a transit museum that is also pretty chill. Fun fact, Budapest has the first and oldest still operating subway line on the continent - the yellow line 1 which has been in operation since 1896.

I've been on that line, its cool and still works well!

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

shitpostin from the cta subway where I get five balls of t-mo LTE.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

minivanmegafun posted:

public transit + tmobile supremacy

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

mishaq posted:

public transit + tmobile supremacy

this isn't the 5-figgy roleplay thread

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
the coaster has free wifi

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

in fact I am poasting from coaster wifi right now :smugmrgw:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

the coaster has free wifi

the coaster is so good

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

the wifi is really slow tho lmao

Verizon LTE is faster

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

minivanmegafun posted:

cta ftw

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/moore_oliver/status/678641151298117633

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
or maybe consider that steetcars are a bad form of transit

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

poutine owns

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

mishaq posted:

poutine owns

Vladimir Poutine is the french spelling of putin which always makes me laugh

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

'a' poutine

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i prefer chili cheese fries over poutine for a "things on frys" option.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
The worst things to put on fries that I have heard of, an exhaustive list:

1. poutine
2. mayonnaise
3. cheese
4. ketchup
5. chili

Acceptable things to put on fries, assuming they are already salted:

1. vinegar, maybe
2. nothing

Fight me if you disagree. God grant victory to the just.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chili cheese fries are ftw as hell as are the "animal style" fries at in n out

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

this is some garbage plate tier poo poo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

this is some garbage plate tier poo poo

lmao. yea, sure. hmm *considers* Actually, :fuckoff:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
You know what would make these fresh, crispy potato fries better? A cold Kraft cheese single and 1½ cups of diarrhea.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

or maybe consider that steetcars are a bad form of transit

sure, in the same way you should consider the earth might have been created in six days and be only 6000 years old. laughably absurd and provably untrue, but you know, teach the controversy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

at the date posted:

1. poutine
2. mayonnaise
3. cheese
4. ketchup
5. chili

1. vinegar, maybe
2. nothing

Poutine, mayo and old bay are the best fries toppings (not all together obviously)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

at the date posted:

You know what would make these fresh, crispy potato fries better? A cold Kraft cheese single and 1 cups of diarrhea.

lol yea they take a big steamer DOUBLE DEUCE on those Frenchy's. LOMARF! it's not actuallky a huge heaping pile of delicious chili - but, instead - *starts snickering hardcore* ITS POOP!! LIKE WHAT YOU PUT INTO THE TOILET WHEN YOU HAVE STOMACH FLU!

Talk about a knee slapper. Psyche.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

at the date posted:

1. poutine
2. mayonnaise
3. cheese
4. ketchup
5. chili

1. vinegar, maybe
2. nothing

http://yospos.tumblr.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
Description of Smythe: tubby, sarcastic, pink-nosed, near-sighted, sensitive about snack food and dogged gimmickposter.

• Locked thread