Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Crazy Mike posted:

I've finally got every secret in the Adventure map and have one square left on the Master Quest map. A ranking the kill 1,000 enemies with Cia scene is gonna take a while. I'm at level 95 with her and probably wont be able to do it until I get to 150 with hasty attack. Has anyone gotten every medal yet?

I did this one last week with a level 67 Cia and a 3 star tier 2 without hasty attack. C2-3 is your friend. That's all I spammed.

Twilight map is giving my OCD completionist gold-medal-on-every-square tendencies a run for its money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Aurora posted:

Someone update the OP so people stop asking about Legends content on the Wii U.

It's me, I'm the laziest OP.

I added a blurb at the top even though it will probably be missed.

I'll probably try to throw some information about the 3DS version up. While I'm trying not to be useless, does anyone have some good stuff to update the OP with? Isn't there a bunch of adventure map "solutions"? Any worthwhile tips/tricks for tackling the harder stuff / leve;ling dudes up? I've kinda been out of the loop on this game for awhile.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Hm... according to Reddit, it seems that the weapon locations for the characters have been switched around for Legends. Ruto, Volga, and Tingle's Lv. 2 weapons are now found on the Wind Waker Adventure Map.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
My child just ruined the optical drive on the Wii U and I am trying to find reasons not to murder him. I've been playing HW via a disc, if I repurchase as a download will it access my old save data?

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

My child just ruined the optical drive on the Wii U and I am trying to find reasons not to murder him. I've been playing HW via a disc, if I repurchase as a download will it access my old save data?

Yeah; and while I would normally say, look into repair options, anything that requires you to send it back into Nintendo has a high chance of them sending you a refurbished unit with none of your save data on it, so. Good luck with that or I guess never play disc-based games again.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Hm... according to Reddit, it seems that the weapon locations for the characters have been switched around for Legends. Ruto, Volga, and Tingle's Lv. 2 weapons are now found on the Wind Waker Adventure Map.

Have they found Groose yet?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

The T posted:

Yeah; and while I would normally say, look into repair options, anything that requires you to send it back into Nintendo has a high chance of them sending you a refurbished unit with none of your save data on it, so. Good luck with that or I guess never play disc-based games again.

Thanks!

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

mabels big day posted:

I hear he's in Skyward Sword.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Folt The Bolt posted:

Wait, you have to unlock Tingle's Lv2 now? Didn't it just begin to drop randomly as soon as you downloaded him?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

mabels big day posted:

He's behind the "Groose is Real" statue in Skyloft

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Wait, you have to unlock Tingle's Lv2 now? Didn't it just begin to drop randomly as soon as you downloaded him?

Yes, in the original. In Legends, he's not a DLC character so it's likely that he will need to unlock weapons and heart containers in the same manner as everyone else. (also likely goes for Young Link and Twili Midna.)

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

The T posted:

I'd recommend calling their call center and speaking with a rep. Their standard procedure if they determine a unit is beyond repair is to inform the customer and give them options (replace, return unrepaired, recycle), or at least that's the case with Warranty based repairs. This should apply to non-warranty repairs as well, however, and a rep on the phone should be able to clear it up.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Dresh posted:

I'd recommend calling their call center and speaking with a rep. Their standard procedure if they determine a unit is beyond repair is to inform the customer and give them options (replace, return unrepaired, recycle), or at least that's the case with Warranty based repairs. This should apply to non-warranty repairs as well, however, and a rep on the phone should be able to clear it up.

Counterpoint: There was something wrong with mine, they said they would "do their best" to keep the save data, I got it backed wiped. So.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Is there any way to back up save data?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Having played a lot of Hyrule Warriors recently, I'm of the opinion that Darkness is the best element and Water is the shittiest. The extra damage you get from Darkness can add up to quite a bit of good extra damage while the Water's damage over time effect tend to hinder me more than helping.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Kaethela posted:

Is there any way to back up save data?
You might be able to copy it to a USB harddrive? I've never actually tried, though.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
If you copy the save data your data is tied to the console, due to the fact that when you format a drive for a WiiU as stockage, it becomes tied to that unit

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

Having played a lot of Hyrule Warriors recently, I'm of the opinion that Darkness is the best element and Water is the shittiest. The extra damage you get from Darkness can add up to quite a bit of good extra damage while the Water's damage over time effect tend to hinder me more than helping.

Maybe it's me, but I barely even register the different elements beyond waters water bubble on the head thing. How do you notice darkness?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Darth TNT posted:

Maybe it's me, but I barely even register the different elements beyond waters water bubble on the head thing. How do you notice darkness?

Dark spikes through the torso. They stack. It becomes apparent when there's a decent amount (think it caps at 5 visible per mob?)

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I am trying to find reasons not to murder him.

You're gonna need that A rank eventually.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Whew. I've made some progress on Hyrule Warriors. Finally A-Ranked (and beat) all the map squares on the original Adventure Mode. Now to get all those Heart Pieces. :suicide:

Also got Agitha's 8-bit weapon. Thank God I'm done with that because Cucco Chick and Mama Cucco Missions where the Cucco Chick spawns away from you (which is every time) are hell if you're trying for A Rank (not to mention I was doing it with a Lv. 76 Agitha).

I now have a plan in regards to missions where I need to use Agitha which is to never go further than C3, if you're not doing C5 that is. (Also, get as many Weak Point Smashes as you can: Her Weak Point Smash is pretty amazing!)

Also, surprisingly beat the Dark Ruler mission on the Twilight Princess map with an A Rank on first attempt. I thought I was hosed when Ganon hit me with one of his lightning attacks, but I fulfilled the requirements.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Hey hey, two promotional videos for Hyrule Warriors Legends!

It's all in japanese, and I've spoilered most of the info I've found, but there's some nice things here:

quote:

- Toon Link and Ruto are confirmed to be unlockable through Legends' Adventure Mode. It's easy to see that they have no playable role in the story campaigns due to this.
- Twili Midna can get/win Heart Pieces and Heart Containers from Adventure Mode maps now. Due to the above, we can expect the Wii U DLC characters to no longer being limited by the DLC pack they came from: They will be integrated into Legend Mode and Adventure Mode (and like the above, will likely be unlocked through one of them).
- There are Lv. 4 weapons awailable for characters now. They're basically the third tier weapon, but more powerful (500 power and 7 slots from the start anyone?).
- Level cap is 99.
- The Master Sword is getting two more hidden skills in addition to Evil's Bane.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So they're reverting level cap from 255 or whatever BACK to 99?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Dizz posted:

So they're reverting level cap from 255 or whatever BACK to 99?

Yes. On the other hand, that almost certainly means some rebalancing of difficulty for some Adventure Modes such as the Twilight Princess one.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I am fine with them reverting level cap and rebalancing.

But so help me god if they even THINK about patching the Rupee glitch! :argh:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Yeah something tells me that level cap is not going to stick.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I will never update.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I wonder how many changes will propagate back to the Wii U version, if any do.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the transfer code is going to unlock the new characters, maaaaybe the Great Sea adventure map, and that's it.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

I wonder how many changes will propagate back to the Wii U version, if any do.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the transfer code is going to unlock the new characters, maaaaybe the Great Sea adventure map, and that's it.

It will probably unlock the new weapon types as well (not the Lv. 4 weapons though, I'll wager). And to be honest, this is fine by me. It makes Legends more into it's own game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Folt The Bolt posted:

It will probably unlock the new weapon types as well (not the Lv. 4 weapons though, I'll wager). And to be honest, this is fine by me. It makes Legends more into it's own game.

Other than the trident for Ganondorf, are there more weapons for existing characters?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Do you think the Spinner will be available without the Link amiibo?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

Other than the trident for Ganondorf, are there more weapons for existing characters?

There might be. But I'm not saying anything specific.

Anyways, the reason why I think we won't see Lv. 4 weapons in vanilla HW is because of the difference between Hyrule Warriors Master Sword and Legends Master Sword: The additional hidden skills for the Master Sword may be an answer to how Lv. 4 weapons would otherwise outclass it in power AND slots so we will see any new weapon type and character (and of course the new Wind Waker Adventure Map) but not anything else. (And it seems the HW Legends mechanics are somewhat incompatible to vanilla HW to begin with.)

Takoluka posted:

Possible, but maybe not.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

So no new weapon/character info?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

So no new weapon/character info?

Not to my knowledge, no.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Takoluka posted:

One of the features on the new 3DS is a built in amiibo scanner so probably not.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

The first Legend Mode map has been modified for Hyrule Warriors Legends: Zelda and Impa will be awailable to switch to at certain points. Zelda is lv. 1 and gains experience as well. You can expect similiar modifications for other Legend Mode scenarios.

I think that Link, Impa, Zelda, Cia, and Linkle will all initially be awailable in Legends and that Ghirahim and Zant will probably switch to being Legend Mode unlockables and be playable in Ganondorf's Legend Mode scenarios.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCUzZLQ_OmQ

King of Hyrule,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNAnsJEVRdA

Toon Link,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkKURbRnSdM

Tetra,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86WGmxwxovk

Linkle movesets and win poses.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Was this posted in this thread? Performance comparison between Wii U, New 3DS and OG 3DS; in addition to the obvious differences, N3DS is the only version with stereo 3D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRC6RrwFQE

Takoluka posted:

Is is, apparently.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The person that uploaded this says you can only get the characters and Ganondorf's trident weapon transferred to Wii U. Hopefully they offer the Wind Waker map as DLC and not have it be just 3DS exclusive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

.............groose?

• Locked thread