Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

does trump carry the pivotal FYAD / weird twitter vote?

Weird twitter is communist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Montasque posted:

You ever given your email to ANY other Republican or Far right group/campaign/ect? If not then Joe is prob right... Trump is selling his email lists!

Speaking of Cruz...

A candidate who prays in public? SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Top City Homo posted:

imagine a person who defines himself by being ironic

imagine a place populated by solely by those people

Okay, I'm imagining Portland, now what

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 22, 2016

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

genitalia have/want status really doesn't change one's perspective on 'the white house has good catering'

the administration was eating costco the night they ganked bin laden maybe they should just stick with that

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Maybe the line of thinking that the President should eat "average Joe" food during the campaign can be extended to their administration, and Presidents who expect to be reelected should expect to put on state dinners with Chinese takeaway and store-brand soda. The taxpayers are footing the bill, after all!

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Dolash posted:

Maybe the line of thinking that the President should eat "average Joe" food during the campaign can be extended to their administration, and Presidents who expect to be reelected should expect to put on state dinners with Chinese takeaway and store-brand soda. The taxpayers are footing the bill, after all!

a real president would live in social housing.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

the voters want us to sell the white house to the chinese

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I've got to say, the further this primary gets the more skeptical I become that Marco Rubio is even trying to win the election. The guy has every advantage a candidate could desire but his campaign is basically nonexistent. I'm becoming increasingly sold on the "Rubio is the new Fred Thompson" narrative.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Presidents now required to wear off-the-rack suits from JC Penney's

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
A real President would join in with occasional military missions and bomb the poo poo out of terrorists personally.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Jeb, Rubio and Rand loving hate all this campaign poo poo and can barely hide their disdain. At least all of the 2012 crew seemed to be having a good time.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

paranoid randroid posted:

is not your heart melting, dear voters?

if ever thou shalt love, in the sweet pangs of it remember me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM6xUtLrkPM

he is terrifying

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Boosted didn’t bother to share ethnicity with us so really the jury is still out on how interesting the perspective is.

He couldn't possibly be anything else

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Jeb, Rubio and Rand loving hate all this campaign poo poo and can barely hide their disdain. At least all of the 2012 crew seemed to be having a good time.

Even the Pauls don't want Rand to run why is this still happening

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

does trump carry the pivotal FYAD / weird twitter vote?

Weird Twitter people are even bigger fans of Bernie Sanders than this forum and most FYAD posters can't vote due to being illegal Latino immigrants.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

Weird Twitter people are even bigger fans of Bernie Sanders than this forum and most FYAD posters can't vote due to being illegal Latino immigrants.

lol

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Dolash posted:

That's something we can look forward to in the Trump Administration!

quote:

BEIJING —  Xi Jinping is coming to dinner -- and Donald Trump ain't pleased.

In an appearance Monday evening on the "The O’Reilly Factor," the presidential candidate and sayer of things about China criticized the Obama administration for its plans to hold a state dinner when the Chinese president visits Washington next month.

"I would not be throwing him a dinner. I would get him a McDonald’s hamburger and say we’ve got to get down to work because you can’t continue to devalue," he said, according to a transcript published by the Daily Caller.

"We’ll give him a state dinner and what he has done is suck all the jobs, suck all the money right out of our country."

But the proposed breach of diplomatic protocol is nothing personal, it seems. Trump said the problem was not China or its president. When talked turned to "trade wars" between China and the United States, Trump called China's leaders "intelligent."

"Their  leaders are intelligent. Ours aren’t. We don’t know what we are doing."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/08/25/trump-chinas-president-should-get-a-big-mac-not-a-state-dinner/

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i'd rather see this video without some tryhard retard editing it to look bad, cause i'm sure the original is bad enough on it's own

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Trump told a pretty cool story at his rally yesterday about a NYC ice skating rink that he made a HUGE deal on after the government hosed it up. Would enjoy a McBurger to hear more cool stories like that one.

e; If you were an ice skater and didn't win a gold medal you weren't invited to the opening. IDK, kind of kills the common man vibe, but silver is really just the first loser I guess.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 20, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nice to see he is doubling down more.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
That story is from August. I'm sure Trump still has great plans for diplomatic dickishness, though.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Carrasco posted:

Okay, I'm imagining Portland, now what

Imagine pushing the button. Imagine the cleansing flames of the atom. Sure, in 5 years the ruins will be populated by disaffected hipster ghouls standing in line for hours for the organic brains food cart, but for now, at least, irony will be dead.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

William Bear posted:

That story is from August. I'm sure Trump still has great plans for diplomatic dickishness, though.

i am honestly curious what the next big awful thing he will say.he already wants a muslim exclusion act and a to kill civilians to be "tough" and mass deportations of iligals. curious how low he can go.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXDSJCdfX8k

Trump on Meet the Press
- Hits Hillary over the idea that ISIS uses video of Trump as a recruitment tool.
- Doubles down on 9/11 NJ video, George backs down.
- When taken to task over Putin's murder of journalists Trump asks "is there any proof he kills journalists?"

Over all it's pure Trump, and Freepers are loving it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Patter Song posted:

I've got to say, the further this primary gets the more skeptical I become that Marco Rubio is even trying to win the election. The guy has every advantage a candidate could desire but his campaign is basically nonexistent. I'm becoming increasingly sold on the "Rubio is the new Fred Thompson" narrative.

Well then, who's it going to be? Who else have they got left?

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Currently playing at Ted Cruz's rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc-v8CFJzu4

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

Well then, who's it going to be? Who else have they got left?

At this point all of the candidates are verified impossible (except maybe Cruz?)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zas posted:

At this point all of the candidates are verified impossible (except maybe Cruz?)

either trump, cruz, or rubio. and it sounds like someone is going to run 3rd party.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think enough of the establishment can reconcile themselves with cruz if they have to, but they'll go kicking and screaming through the first month of primaries trying to find someone else. maybe somebody will surprise us, maybe rubio actually does have some cards he's waiting to play, i could see that

the idea that christie could be the nominee is ridiculous to me, maybe he can finish above trump in new hampshire but what happens after that? probably he wastes some centrist money/time/votes and that just puts cruz in a stronger position

trump is obviously unpredictable but i feel like part of cruz' point in parroting trump's positions right now is to allow a potential future trump who isn't in first any more the possibility of saying he won the primary by changing everybody's ideas and now he's going to vote for ted cruz. in that sense cruz is the candidate with the best plan for avoiding a third party run

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 20, 2015

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

If Cruz can survive the scrutiny cycle, he could win Iowa, finish strong in NH and win SC which would set him up well to win all the southern/deep red states, leaving Trump and maybe Rubio to fight over the blue republicans.

But yeah Rubio's inaction is really weird. He's still young, maybe he's looking to 2020 or 2024, or a governor's mansion or something.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's hilarious how my mom has gone from loving Christie because he's a brash rear end in a top hat who tells liberals to gently caress off, to suddenly hating him because he's "just a treasonous RINO politician out for himself" after he hugged Obama, to quietly ignoring him ever since Bridgegate, but now that he's swearing to crucify Muslims suddenly he's regained her favor as having "something about him [she] really likes".

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Joementum posted:

Currently playing at Ted Cruz's rally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc-v8CFJzu4

irony is dead anyway

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Michael Corleone posted:

Trump told a pretty cool story at his rally yesterday about a NYC ice skating rink that he made a HUGE deal on after the government hosed it up. Would enjoy a McBurger to hear more cool stories like that one.

Fun fact: my grandfather was the government official in charge of the renovations to the rink

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Adar posted:

It's a terrible result for everyone except Cruz, because it shows a big Cruz jump in SC that will only accelerate with time if nobody dogpiles on Cruz ASAP.

Why?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

nobody ever listens to song lyrics

reagan used born in the usa as a positive theme, ymca is about anal loving in gym bathrooms and is one of the most popular songs in our nation's history, 'afternoon delight' i'm pretty sure is about an orgy, etc etc

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
Christie has a path to the nom, because if he wins NH he probably also wins Nevada (gaming state) and then rides that into national relevance. It's not totally out of the question, though it's probably not > 2-3%.

Cruz is just trying to ride the Trump wave to the top without getting crushed underneath it. He's run a phenomenal campaign so far and it's working really well. I think part of the reason I've become so bullish on him so fast is he's the only one who is actively trying to win the primary and general at the same time instead of flailing around waiting for somebody else to take care of Trump for him. Every single thing he's done since getting his Senate seat has gotten him a step closer. He's pretty much GOP House of Cards IRL.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i wonder if a nominated cruz would try to tack to the center? it would pretty much kill his long-term wingnut welfare opportunities but he might decide to 'double down', as we astute political analysts like to say when we don't actually mean what 'double down' means, and do everything he can to make what could be his only shot at the presidency work out for him

on the other hand just playing to his base would presumably lose him the general election, but he'd get to be a hero and maybe even (this is a stretch) give the establishment a chance to get a centrist candidate past the base for 2020, when the 'i don't pay any attention to policies but i get angry at the party in power after a while' vote should be itching to give the other color a chance if they can only be handed a generic republican who the democrats can't use to scare them

whereas if whoever it is, even trump, goes centrist for the general, the base will probably continue to tell themselves that a candidate who agrees with them on everything would've won. they'll probably do that anyway, but maybe there's a long game here?

probably that tenuous logical chain is wrong in the first place and i bet the course of events in the next 5 years will blow it the gently caress up anyway

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adar
Jul 27, 2001
GE Cruz will say whatever gets him .01% closer to winning, but he's also smart and used to debate settings, which means instead of tacking to the center (which would cost him points) he will just spend six months dogwhistling the gently caress out of every possible talking point while sounding nice instead.

• Locked thread