Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
this is the funniest thing ant's done since the tony danza impression over the phone to people in line to see tony danza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

:vince:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Chromatic posted:

Opie has to be in the best mood right now.
He's absolutely howling. Period!

TL posted:

On the plus side, his plugs look great.
They're individual follicles!

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
So I'm assuming Bennington and O&J are both off this whole week? The vacation curse never goes away.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Anyone with any legal knowledge got any idea on what Anthony's possibly looking at here?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Chromatic posted:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If it wouldn't piss off Jimmy so much I would love to see Opie hang this up in the studio.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Anyone with any legal knowledge got any idea on what Anthony's possibly looking at here?

The guy with the camera taking the mugshot.

Oh literal me...

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

OldTennisCourt posted:

Ant has the money to fight this in court and if Dani decides she wants to stick with him she can be vague and wishy washy with the prosecution which makes things complicated.

This whole thing could eventually go away for Ant.

Source: I've seen My Cousin Vinny.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

Chromatic posted:

This whole thing could eventually go away for Ant.

He's going to be reminded of it forever regardless.

onemillionzombies
Apr 27, 2014

He's in deep poo poo, especially if she really does have a broken hand/rib.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
I would give anything to see jimmys reaction when he heard the news.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I imagine Ant's house has security cameras everywhere, and that this case is going to come down to that.

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World
Y'know it's weird. As a former listener to O and A going back to the early WNEW days, I couldn't say I ever would have predicted that such a large number of us would end up so ANTI Opie and Anthony. Though I stopped listening when Anthony's racist poo poo got too much for me, I still am surprised that there seems to be almost no one that are fans anymore. What the hell happened?

I have lurked this thread for a long time, as i was always curious what the b-b-b-boys were up to, they gave me hours of entertainment over many years.

I always thought that Anthony was one of the funniest motherfuckers I had ever heard, and Opie deserved SOME credit for being part of a show that regularly made AMAZING radio. There were times when I would be in the car cracking the hell up at some bit or another and I would look over and another car and see someone else cracking up too. I would give them a "thumbs-up" and say "O and A?" and they would nod and say "yep!"

I intend no criticism to anyone in the thread here, but does anyone here like either of them anymore?

Opie is a no-talent hack, and Anthony is an alcoholic pedophile? What the hell happened? I mean I know what happened (firing, feud, recent Jimmy-Opie fight, Greggshells, TACS etc) but has anyone ever stopped for a second and said, "how did we get here?"

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
I like both guys. But Opie refuses to admit he lacks the hosting/interviewing talent of Howard Stern, and Anthony refuses to lighten up, put down the drinks and stay away from highschoolers. Together they could hide their flaws, apart they are only highlighted.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
You can like the comedy work of two guys and still know that they're both pretty garbage people. Anthony went on horrifying racial tirades (the dude discussed loving eugenics seriously at one time) and had incredibly creepy moments regarding young women. One in particular was his really weird on-air discussion of Bobo's teenage sister. Opie's a big unfunny jackass who lately really wants to become a morning zoo guy.

No one here is gonna deny that the old show was incredibly funny, but you have to realize both guys, particularly Anthony, are TERRIBLE people.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Hi I'm Bill Burr! Welcome to the 4th annual Patrice O'Neal benefit, where we celebrate the memory of a guy that behind the scenes treated his live-in girlfriend and her daughter like goddesses. I'm up here on the dais with Rich Vos, Colin Quinn, Fat Bob Kelly, and joining us live via satellite from Nassau County Prison, a man convicted of the strangulation and false imprisonment of a woman, Anthony Cumia!

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Can't wait for Anthony Cumia's version of the hit book "if I DID IT"

Regis Christ
Mar 27, 2010

"Get it? I'm old!"

Grimey Drawer
"poo poo."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Well CBS has it on front page

https://www.cbsnews.com

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

If anyone's wondering how it went, here's a good clue it didn't go great.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Septic Knothead posted:

I intend no criticism to anyone in the thread here, but does anyone here like either of them anymore?

Even when I was a fan I still knew they were garbage human beings, I just overlooked it because they were funny. Now that their talent has faded the fall from grace as a result of them being garbage human beings is still entertaining and great.

Laughter then schadenfreude. That is their gift to us.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

This made me laugh. gently caress him. I loved the old show but he is garbage. Racist and violent? gently caress that.

Edit: Do you think he's gonna do a show after this?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

egon_beeblebrox posted:

This made me laugh. gently caress him. I loved the old show but he is garbage. Racist and violent? gently caress that.

Edit: Do you think he's gonna do a show after this?

The better question is if he does a show how much of a trainwreck will it be? Will he listen to his lawyers or will he scream and shout about how she's a liar and go off the rails even more?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
His show is going on as scheduled tomorrow.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cromulent posted:

Leave it alone

Leave it alone

Septic Knothead
Jul 23, 2009

Boris S Wart
The Second Meanest Man In The World

Chromatic posted:

Even when I was a fan I still knew they were garbage human beings, I just overlooked it because they were funny. Now that their talent has faded the fall from grace as a result of them being garbage human beings is still entertaining and great.

Laughter then schadenfreude. That is their gift to us.

This is a great summary of what this thread is all about. I have to admit the schadenfreude is great. Anthony especially seems like a terrible person. I wonder what Jimmy thinks about all of this?

Does anyone else here feel kind of bummed out remembering the funny old days of the show?

Oh, also it is pretty amusing to see the Reddit thread trying to figure out exactly how the girl set him up/faked the video.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bubba Smith posted:

If it wouldn't piss off Jimmy so much I would love to see Opie hang this up in the studio.
Put it on every monitor all the time like Mike Bochetti and the Frosty cartoon

The Dave posted:

I imagine Ant's house has security cameras everywhere, and that this case is going to come down to that.
That's a good point, probably the first time his paranoia will actually help him

Also count another one for the "enjoyed Anthony even though I knew he was garbage" crowd. Though I will be at least a little garbage myself and admit that sometimes his lovely opinions entertained me

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
When Anthony was able to focus his hate to targets where he could still be really funny and not awful it was really great. Like whenever they did talks about Hoarders he'd get so loving angry but he'd still be incredibly funny. He and Jimmy were on absolute FIRE when they did that episode about the crazy hoarder who collected 10 years of literal poo poo in trash bags. Anthony made a Steve C joke and cracked the entire room up.

When did Anthony start getting really really bad and vocal with his horrific opinions? It was always sort of there, but was it during the Trayvon case that he just went full force into racist poo poo?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Holy gently caress Christmas came early this year.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOH...i-XDZSpjj3gI9oQ

News broadcast

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

OldTennisCourt posted:

When Anthony was able to focus his hate to targets where he could still be really funny and not awful it was really great. Like whenever they did talks about Hoarders he'd get so loving angry but he'd still be incredibly funny. He and Jimmy were on absolute FIRE when they did that episode about the crazy hoarder who collected 10 years of literal poo poo in trash bags. Anthony made a Steve C joke and cracked the entire room up.

When did Anthony start getting really really bad and vocal with his horrific opinions? It was always sort of there, but was it during the Trayvon case that he just went full force into racist poo poo?

Obama. Anthony lost his loving mind after the first election.

Regis Christ
Mar 27, 2010

"Get it? I'm old!"

Grimey Drawer

OldTennisCourt posted:

I always thought he snapped around November of 2008. Not sure why...

Edit: beaten.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Cromulent posted:

I hope he opens with "your mom's box"

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Anthony is like a case study in projection. He projects all of his worst character traits onto "the blacks" in order to hide his own insecurities. The guy has admitted to freebasing, stealing car parts, dealing coke, and being an alcoholic, yet he is constantly telling black people to behave. Now we get to add potential woman beater to that list. Jesus.

The last few months of O&A drama has been funnier than any O&A show in the last 7 years

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

gif of Anthony muttering poo poo when he sees the cameras

https://gfycat.com/SplendidPlumpBlacklemur

And the /r/opieandanthony people are just teeing off on him.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

RIP Anthony Cumia. Death by Confiscated Guns.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
If Jimmy still defends this scumbag he's more of a weak, co-dependent worm than we already know he is. This is one of many alcoholic bottoms for Ant, yet Advice-Show-Jimmy keeps making excuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

JFC posted:

If Jimmy still defends this scumbag he's more of a weak, co-dependent worm than we already know he is. This is one of many alcoholic bottoms for Ant, yet Advice-Show-Jimmy keeps making excuses.

"I don't know what happened, I wasn't there." I can hear him already

• Locked thread