Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

dayum, exploitable

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

dayum, exploitable

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You're as bad at photo manips as your candidate is at politics.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Trump is extremely good at politics though so now I'm confused.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

he's good at polls

we don't know if he's good at votes yet

the whole conversation is really just loving around until we get to find out the second part. nobody's really gonna have anything new to add until shortly before the votes start getting cast, i don't think

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

The Kingfish posted:

Trump is extremely good at politics though so now I'm confused.

Bernie Panders must be enviously jerking himself off at Trump's success.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Immortan posted:

dude is swimming in communist college pussy, no way he's jerking off

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Immortan posted:

is there a moment of the day you're not thinking about bernie sanders? this is the trump thread, if you love sanders so much why dont you marry him? jus sayin

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

katlington posted:

is there a moment of the day you're not thinking about bernie sanders? this is the trump thread, if you love sanders so much why dont you marry him? jus sayin

Okay, Trump verbally murders documented Clinton donor George Stephanopoulos for 13 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXDSJCdfX8k

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Immortan posted:

Okay, Trump verbally murders documented Clinton donor George Stephanopoulos for 13 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXDSJCdfX8k

What a genius.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
the howling madness is finally coming for me, I can't tell if

a cop posted:

What a genius.

is being said sarcastically, or to whom

Augustus Woop-Woop
Dec 14, 2003
wang
This whole election is intellectually recursive. Immortan is setting off my Poe's Law detection to the point where I am lost.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Immortan is not serious.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
it is a beauty

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

He's right.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Powercrazy posted:

He's right.

Yeah he's just stating the obvious.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

VladimirLeninpest posted:

poo poo, I live in Cedar Rapids. I went to see Star Wars instead of Trump. I was planning on being there for this.

too bad we need to add you to the list of terrorist supporters to be shipped out when our great leader reigns.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

thank god hes such a fat goony goon that you an literally insert him into anything with ease.

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

the howling madness is finally coming for me,

Just let it take you over all your worries go away and life is so much easier when you give in. You don't even fear Trump anymore you welcome it.

Microwaves Mom has issued a correction as of 07:05 on Dec 21, 2015

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

mike12345 posted:

communist college pussy

In 2015, there are a lot of ways this could turn out to be not what you planned on.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Holy kmao phyllis schlafly is still alive?

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
So with this lady in Vegas that went on a carmageddon spree, aren't we supposed to kill her 3 year old now or something?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

get the 3 yr old overseas first maybe

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Logikv9 posted:

Yeah yeah they'll threaten to vote third party but that's a threat that always comes but never happens.

Why wouldn't Trump run third-party?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
I agree. But Logikv9 (in the dem thread) was saying that the GoP will push him out of the nomination, which I agree with, and implying that Trump wouldn't run 3rd party, which I disagree with.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Powercrazy posted:

I agree. But Logikv9 (in the dem thread) was saying that the GoP will push him out of the nomination, which I agree with, and implying that Trump wouldn't run 3rd party, which I disagree with.

I never implied that he wouldn't run third-party. I never said anything of the sort. On that particular question, I personally don't know. He's indicated that he wouldn't as long as the process is "fair" in his eyes, but fair can mean anything.

My post said that the voters wouldn't vote third-party, because despite all their empty threats they are straight-ticket republicans at heart.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Jeb really doesn't want to do this any more but he can't quit until the first primary because of all the money he's taken.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Logikv9 posted:

I never implied that he wouldn't run third-party. I never said anything of the sort. On that particular question, I personally don't know. He's indicated that he wouldn't as long as the process is "fair" in his eyes, but fair can mean anything.

My post said that the voters wouldn't vote third-party, because despite all their empty threats they are straight-ticket republicans at heart.

Ah. Maybe you are right about the voters, but it would still ruin the GoP's already small chance to win the general. Which is why if the GoP fucks trump during the RNC convention, I think he will run third-party out of spite.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Haven't some GOP honchos already been talking about the GOP itself doing a third-party run should Trump get the nom?

Because if so :laffo:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thump! posted:

Haven't some GOP honchos already been talking about the GOP itself doing a third-party run should Trump get the nom?

Because if so :laffo:

They also talked about switching the format to a brokered convention in order to stump the Trump

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Yea my claim is that unless Trump get's significantly stumped before the convention, which is possible, then the GoP will have to do what he says, the way he says, or risk fracturing the GoP.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I hope the GOP tears itself apart at the convention and the general election ends up being between Hillary and Bernie

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Powercrazy posted:

Why wouldn't Trump run third-party?

i thought someone had said he's already missed a lot of filing deadlines (too many, numerically) to be on a state ballot as a 3rd party, plus on top of that since he's primarying as R right now, some states have sore-loser laws which means he can't just do a 3rd party run in a state in which he loses an R primary.

was that all speculation or would a 3rd party run basically be an untenable vanity project at this point (the definition of the man, i know)?

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Fullhouse posted:

I hope the GOP tears itself apart at the convention and the general election ends up being between Hillary and Bernie

To hope, mayhap to dream.

homeless poster posted:

i thought someone had said he's already missed a lot of filing deadlines (too many, numerically) to be on a state ballot as a 3rd party, plus on top of that since he's primarying as R right now, some states have sore-loser laws which means he can't just do a 3rd party run in a state in which he loses an R primary.

was that all speculation or would a 3rd party run basically be an untenable vanity project at this point (the definition of the man, i know)?

I think he has qualified for all presidential ballots so far. But it's hard to look this info up because the internet sucks for actually searching for data.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Logikv9 posted:

What are you talking about? I worked on the Obama campaign, both times, and I would again. In 2016, I am voting Trump. There are a lot of people like me.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
At this point if Trump gets betrayed by the GOP he wouldn't worry about ballot access - he would tell people to write him in and would keep campaigning.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

McDowell posted:

At this point if Trump gets betrayed by the GOP he wouldn't worry about ballot access - he would tell people to write him in and would keep campaigning.

i've always wondered about that too, from a logistical perspective. sure, donald trump is a fairly uncommon name, but what happens if there's even one other native born US citizen over the age of 35 with no felony convictions with the legal name donald trump? or what would happen if the name was much more common, like david smith?

the whole "or you can write-in your guy" seems to be a vestigial thing from our original elections when only land-owning men could vote, so it was a pretty narrow field of who you were voting for when you wrote in a name. is writing in a name still a real thing you could do? what other info would you have to include to prove that your write-in vote went to the correct person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
It's up to the state election board to determine who the vote was issued for. In this case Donald Trump, Don Trump, and probably a bunch of creative variations like Doneld Trump, The Don, TRUNP, etc, would most likely all be scored for the same person. And lets be honest, if this election is for some reason an unprecedented case in American history, and there are are millions of write in votes for some variation of Donald Trump, it's not really a question who they mean.

• Locked thread