Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

nomadologique posted:

but nobody would wear that clubbing, lol. wtf?

I didn't say I would, the IT guy said he would wear it clubbing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

lol if you think that looks professional i guess

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

nomadologique posted:

oh unless you would. lol.

Beaten like a bad interviewee

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

even i know you dress neigh-formal for interviews

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

mr. mephistopheles posted:

lol if you don't

gramps

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

satanic splash-back posted:

I didn't say I would, the IT guy said he would wear it clubbing.

Your a professional idiot.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

thanks for undermining legitimate social issues because you don't know how to loving dress professionally for an interview

yeah i'm sure you got turned down because you were wearing something too sexual and not because you look like you stumbled through a hot topic

Her outfit is missing one piece.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
I hadn't read the name on the fb post at first, assumed it was a guy and did a double take at "red skater skirt"

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I mean I've seen worse in this thread but not much worse

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

Your a professional idiot.

Why are you making this personal? Is it because you feel insecure? It is okay, I understand.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Now we are getting somewhere.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

It's fine everyday office wear, even in the beltway. See it all the time. But maybe the first interview you may wear something...more classy looking? I really don't judge them by dress much so idk. Not a millenial.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Why are you making this personal? Is it because you feel insecure? It is okay, I understand.

Because your reading skills are that of a millenial.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

My fetish.

:newfap:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

instagram employees, looking very professional.

venmo employees, in football shirts.

just playing some smash at the office smash tourny #venmo.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

Because your reading skills are that of a millenial.

You're a 50 year old IT guy arguing with someone on the Internet because you don't think someone read your post correctly.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

nomadologique posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/xPstwGN.png[timg]

otoh they already are employed

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nomadologique posted:

look at these millennials being comfortable and relaxing on the job

how dare they

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Apart from the scripted poses, and the lovely standing tables, none of these have any cringe worthy millenials.
They are all wearing normal clothes.
gently caress they even have average haircuts.

2/10

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

nomadologique posted:

See those places are where the pendulum has swung far left, but even regular places like Lockheed, NG, etc dress pretty cool. Women don't wear suits much, even at VP level, on a daily basis. Point being there are true millenial dress posted here, she ain't one.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i don't care what they dress like, i'm deflating this absolutely delusional narrative that app companies wear armani or whatever confusing poo poo people in this thread think about app company dress professionalism.

have you even looked through this thread? every page of it is a rejection of such a notion. i don't even know where these people came up with it.

no wait i do it's because they decided to dislike the person based on some facebook post which may or may not be real, and may or may not actually apply to the person in the photo; when she isn't wearing anything markedly different from any of these people.

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013

You're a 50 year old IT guy arguing with someone on the Internet because you don't think someone read your post correctly.

:lol:

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Gyra_Solune posted:

that's...perfectly professional to my mind? it's what i see almost every white-collar-ish lady wearing. like i'm not sure what exactly she WAS supposed to wear. a suit? but man i have found people have an irrational dislike of women wearing suits, they are always questioning it and assuming they're playing dress-up for something
That's a fair point, like how much poo poo got directed at Hillary Clinton for wearing a "pantsuit," aka a "suit." However, I'm wondering why etalian and mr. mephistopholes somehow know the same person on Facebook?

yeah i'm sure you got turned down because you were wearing something too sexual and not because you look like you stumbled through a hot topic

Is it the same person? If she wants to change the world why did she apply to the senior assisted living shift scheduling app company in the first place?

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 21, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

nomadologique posted:

i don't care what they dress like, i'm deflating this absolutely delusional narrative that app companies wear armani or whatever confusing poo poo people in this thread think about app company dress professionalism.

have you even looked through this thread? every page of it is a rejection of such a notion. i don't even know where these people came up with it.

no wait i do it's because they decided to dislike the person based on some facebook post which may or may not be real, and may or may not actually apply to the person in the photo; when she isn't wearing anything markedly different from any of these people.
why do you sound angry every time you post

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

nomadologique posted:

what part of "dress to impress for an interview" do you not understand exactly?

what people wear daily at the office is completely irrelevant to how you should dress for an interview

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Get off my grass and get me a coffee.

Darth123123 posted:

Really? Because if she wore that clubbing I'd lmao. What's an acceptable outfit? I'm not a janitor btw.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

because i am. the only thing that makes me post is anger. when i am not angry i just read.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

nomadologique posted:

actual narrative is that first impression matters. this is why employed people did dress appropriately for interviews in particular. hth

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

nomadologique posted:

because i am. the only thing that makes me post is anger. when i am not angry i just read.
this is v good, you should foster this quality

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Guys it is also possible that the internet person is not being 100% truthful in her retelling of the interview story.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Stinky_Pete posted:

However, I'm wondering why etalian and mr. mephistopholes somehow know the same person on Facebook?
it was posted earlier that her FB profile is public, so mr mephishotoplease swiped the picture either from her profile or some lovely "news" site that had an article about it

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

nomadologique posted:

Jeez Luise, this is very simple: Would you wear that poo poo to an interview? No? Well, think why not and you will quickly figure out why you have a job and that person doesn't. Quit wailing about delusional narratives or whatever.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

wow, you were able to get through that sentence without morally condemning the person and then basically moved on with your life. can you teach that skill to the rest of the people here?

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

nomadologique posted:

wow, you were able to get through that sentence without morally condemning the person and then basically moved on with your life. can you teach that skill to the rest of the people here?

lol who morally condemned the person?

he literally just paraphrased what everyone else was saying

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

thanks for undermining legitimate social issues because you don't know how to loving dress professionally for an interview

Not_Rainbow_Horse
Nov 11, 2013
Can't we all just agree that she's fat and morally condemn her based on that?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Eunuchs coming back into fashion.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

meme, but whatever :effort:

e:

GABA ghoul fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Dec 21, 2015

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

waitwhatno posted:

meme, but whatever :effort:

e:

These are irl attention whores with likely mental illness. :smith:

Still funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Darth123123 posted:

These are irl attention whores with likely mental illness. :smith:

Still funny

wheel lady for sure

overalls boy is just trying to hide his blackhole of a personality

mentally ill people defy social norms because they don't understand them or don't care, non mentally ill people defy social norms because they are terrified someone will realize how uninteresting they are as people

• Locked thread