Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Win.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this GITS game looks really disappointing, it doesnt look better than neotokyo at all

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm playing Yakuza 4 it's pretty dope so far but the game crashed on me once and I didn't realize it didn't autosave so I've played the first chapter 3 times.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao when hes hunting lois lane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

lmao when hes hunting lois lane

That game looks like a drat nightmare. AVGN played it at one point

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

That game looks like a drat nightmare. AVGN played it at one point

haha i used to play it as a kid. it was less jarring then

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

HORMELCHILI posted:

this GITS game looks really disappointing, it doesnt look better than neotokyo at all

neotokyo had way cooler level and weapon design

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sFhOWPD-uA

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

gently caress this game just got hard lmao

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!
Just remembered the time a guy went to pax thinking he was gonna see "The Giant Bomb PAX Taipei 2016 Panel Preview Show!", but ended up seeing Dave Lang talk about Windjammers.

https://youtu.be/r5LDp3ttWME?t=2h11m47s

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Windjammers is AIDS.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Windjammers is AIDS.

the gently caress?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Bruh

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Windjammers is AIDS.

it looks kinda fun but theres a lot of neo geo games that are of a similar quality and i never understood the GB office's collective obsession with it

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it looks like a decent enough multiplayer game, but the continued forced Epicness of it (done mostly by the fans) is AIDSballs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think its funny that they play the game with arcade sticks , even though it appears to be a 2 button game that is perfectly controllable with a D pad.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

i think its funny that they play the game with arcade sticks , even though it appears to be a 2 button game that is perfectly controllable with a D pad.

if you play it you would understand why you need an arcade stick. you use rotations of the stick to curve shots like youre throwing hardokens

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its also playable on fightcade so you should try it sometime since its lots of fun with voicechat and friends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

if you play it you would understand why you need an arcade stick. you use rotations of the stick to curve shots like youre throwing hardokens

ohhhh thats rad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

more non-fighting games could use mechanics like that. like i was playing R.A.D. today and each analog stick controls your arms independently and different rotations throw uppercuts, hooks, overhead chops etc. and you can feint and fake moves to throw off people if they were guarding. it has a 2p 1v1 mode that was probably hella fun 13 tyears ago

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

yeah i loved playing fight night with my friends because of this even though buttons were still way more precise in the earlier versions

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

This part of the site is the most joyous, giant bomb should be nothing but Jeff and Jason hanging around "hacking" 30 year old NES platformers in between bouts of virtua fighter 2

I havent watched the video yet but im about to and already getting pumped up about it

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
jeff nails the minus world jump on the first try i knew he wouldn't let me down

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I been listening to last year's GOTY podcasts in the background the past few days and forget how insane and on edge everybody gets during these things

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I been listening to last year's GOTY podcasts in the background the past few days and forget how insane and on edge everybody gets during these things

this year is gonna rule

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The only thing I remember from last year was Brad testing the waters on DOTA again and knowing he would have pushed hard for it if Jeff hadn't immediately shut him down.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I can't wait for a two hour Brad filibuster on why a game released in 2014 should be their 2015 game of the year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

this year is gonna rule

Yeah, it's great because they're comparing crap like Shadow of Mordor to Sunset Overdrive and I'm thinking holy crap how bad is this going to be when they're getting indignant about games that are actually good.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Thought mordor was good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Party Boat posted:

I can't wait for a two hour Brad filibuster on why a game released in 2014 should be their 2015 game of the year

destiny ttk is definitely going to get 20 minutes of debate minimum

ArfJason posted:

Thought mordor was good

yeah it was good fun. probably could have been better though. the nemesis system was neat but it has a lot more potential than they used it for and the campaign was pretty bad. excited to see where they go with it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

accordig to their rules kerbal space program is a 2015 game...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

destiny ttk is definitely going to get 20 minutes of debate minimum

what would brad do if no bad games were released one year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Play dota

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Thought mordor was good

I liked it but other than the nemesis system it didn't shine much

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

vanilla morder is on sale at toysrus for 10 bucks..

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If it's the PS4 version I'd say go for it. Avoid the last gen version

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

In Training posted:

lmao, Jeff flipping off Bubsy while watching the idle animation loop for 3 minutes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lmao