Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Chapter 11 onwards is such a bunch of forcefed melodrama that It was the first time I actually skipped a scene. Anything involving tatsu was annoying but this plot twist was just dragging on and on and on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Crabtree posted:

Chapter 11 onwards is such a bunch of forcefed melodrama that It was the first time I actually skipped a scene. Anything involving tatsu was annoying but this plot twist was just dragging on and on and on.

There's no time, we have to enable the backup power as fast as possible! But first, let me monologue for the actual duration of the countdown...

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

zedprime posted:

Noctilum is kind of lovely for funneling you through the death jungle at the isthmus where the southern bit connects to the rest. Once you get past there you get some breathing room.

The bad news is the story never picks up, sorry.

That funnel was some tough poo poo and the funny thing for me was I was trying to make my way through it from the other side since I swam to Noctilium the first time I went.

I liked Chap 8 and 9 :)

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
At least you get more anime titties as the game goes on

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
No, I will not give up and give you thing until you fight me. Okay, I guess I'm giving up on my little revolt. Oops.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

bloodychill posted:

That funnel was some tough poo poo and the funny thing for me was I was trying to make my way through it from the other side since I swam to Noctilium the first time I went.

I liked Chap 8 and 9 :)
I think I was too busy chuckling during 8 and 9 because I did it back when one of the server wide messages was "Is this Star Wars?"

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I've never had a problem with getting enough survey percentage to qualify for missions, because I've always been over the requirement before getting to the mission anyway. So explore more I guess :v:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

PRADA SLUT posted:

Grind more, get better ground gear. Die three times and get the -5 buff. I was level 52-55 or so when I did it. You can also craft the aug that gives you a damage bonus, since you'll probably re-use it fighting various tyrants anyway.

There's also the TP steroids you can get as the daily bonus.

I have pretty good ground gear. It's all levels 57-60. I I don't think gear is my issue so much as I don't do something right. As for the other post, in theory a superweapon might help but I don't want to have to redo all the previous fights. I think I just am fundamentally not understanding something about combat. The TP arts always seem to be a waste to me since TP grows anemically. With level 60 gear I shouldn't have my entire party except me dead at 1/3 of the health down I don't think. Should I tell them to stay ranged maybe? Maybe I need to redo all the fights and redo equipment augments? Maybe I don't know what skills to combine with which arts and which augments. Although seriously this is the first I've had any problems. My teammates just don't seem to call soul voices ever and I get almost no opportunities to do mine in this fight either. The health gains when they do happen are pretty small too.

I'll admit I'm frustrated that everything up to this point in the game was about how awesome skells will be and then how awesome skells are and wow now they fly and holy poo poo now I have level 50 skells that can gbust for 110k in a single hit and oh hey now at the loving climactic fight you're not allowed to use the things you spent the entire rest of the game working towards unless you had the foresight to grab a fuckton of fuel rewards instead of the more obvious repair tickets, and even then you'll get a single art off before it instantly drains to 0 again. Bleh. .

That got long-winded, sorry. Sitting in a theatre with the wife waiting for star wars to start and not much else to do at the moment.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Stuck on 47 freakin lobsters and I've gone through a guide twice already aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kU7nCw-ZWEuGDq9lPZEYCLm2F4UjKx8aRNFIlbbf3-k/pub

Anyone know those cheese ground builds that people are using to obliterate the world bosses?

I want to fight them but I barely can do damage to them and I just want a bunch of drops.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kU7nCw-ZWEuGDq9lPZEYCLm2F4UjKx8aRNFIlbbf3-k/pub

Anyone know those cheese ground builds that people are using to obliterate the world bosses?

I want to fight them but I barely can do damage to them and I just want a bunch of drops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-0jssqB98A

Functionally you can do something similar with a lot of builds, you just need to make sure:

You can either permaoverdrive via duration extensions or TP generation to keep it going.

Decoy is mandatory so you don't die.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
man guys I appreciate the help but what I meant was, I have already followed that google docs guide twice over & I'm still missing one

Maybe I'm reading some of the places wrong? It is kind of hard to tell since I got 40+ before I started using the guide, is there a video walkthrough I could follow?

this mofo is just gonna end up burninating NLA :(

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

shortspecialbus posted:

I have pretty good ground gear. It's all levels 57-60. I I don't think gear is my issue so much as I don't do something right. As for the other post, in theory a superweapon might help but I don't want to have to redo all the previous fights. I think I just am fundamentally not understanding something about combat. The TP arts always seem to be a waste to me since TP grows anemically. With level 60 gear I shouldn't have my entire party except me dead at 1/3 of the health down I don't think. Should I tell them to stay ranged maybe? Maybe I need to redo all the fights and redo equipment augments? Maybe I don't know what skills to combine with which arts and which augments. Although seriously this is the first I've had any problems. My teammates just don't seem to call soul voices ever and I get almost no opportunities to do mine in this fight either. The health gains when they do happen are pretty small too.

I'll admit I'm frustrated that everything up to this point in the game was about how awesome skells will be and then how awesome skells are and wow now they fly and holy poo poo now I have level 50 skells that can gbust for 110k in a single hit and oh hey now at the loving climactic fight you're not allowed to use the things you spent the entire rest of the game working towards unless you had the foresight to grab a fuckton of fuel rewards instead of the more obvious repair tickets, and even then you'll get a single art off before it instantly drains to 0 again. Bleh. .

That got long-winded, sorry. Sitting in a theatre with the wife waiting for star wars to start and not much else to do at the moment.

what weapons are you using? i don't remember having much trouble with that part of the fight.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Devilbro giveth and Devilbro taketh away

MohShuvuu posted:

Badr Basin, walk north and wipe out the puges. They drop the Buster and Phoenix. Dunno where to get the scythe besides the one that comes with Amdusias.

50 Amdusias doesn't seem to come with a scythe :<

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
Gradivus, the headless emperor is a cheating piece of poo poo with the ability to suck out your fuel and overdrive points as well as possibly the most loving HP of anything ever.
Oh and he spawns little asscaves that taunt your party.

I really wish there was some way to set up my party's AI, just to tell them STOP WASTING FUEL ON poo poo 40 LEVELS UNDER YOU.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

Dante18907 posted:

A pretty decent 50 scythe is just purchased from the store. It's level 30 that you need to pick up an Amdusias to get the level 30 scythe (which I then use on a gold-quality melee-armored Lailah to kill level 55 monsters near instantly :getin: I can't wait for the shenanigans at level 50).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dante18907 posted:

Mine did? Are you sure you're looking at the right thing? (or am I?)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SpaceDrake posted:

A pretty decent 50 scythe is just purchased from the store. It's level 30 that you need to pick up an Amdusias to get the level 30 scythe (which I then use on a gold-quality melee-armored Lailah to kill level 55 monsters near instantly :getin: I can't wait for the shenanigans at level 50).

You can tell even the designers knew it was OP as balls, because it's right-shoulder-only :argh:. Been mixing up some of my Skell gear as well and goddamn are the Ringblade and Claymore fun. It's so satisfying watching them carve into enemies.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Ah! I didn't look at the store because I had 0 shekels after getting my lvl 50 Inferno.Will have a look when I get home. Can't find a good beam weapon to save my rear end. Want to farm some fuckin puges goddamnit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dante18907 posted:

Ah! I didn't look at the store because I had 0 shekels after getting my lvl 50 Inferno.Will have a look when I get home. Can't find a good beam weapon to save my rear end. Want to farm some fuckin puges goddamnit.

Just get yourself some Beam Sabers, they do nasty damage to Mechanoids.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So the Alexa skell is not bad. It's basically free and the stats are basically better than the level 50 amadeus.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

man guys I appreciate the help but what I meant was, I have already followed that google docs guide twice over & I'm still missing one

Maybe I'm reading some of the places wrong? It is kind of hard to tell since I got 40+ before I started using the guide, is there a video walkthrough I could follow?

this mofo is just gonna end up burninating NLA :(

I GOT IT using this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Vnu6P1JtU , it was google docs #33 the pipe one by Blade Tower

51 lobsters to go

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Free Report just vomits the same ones over and over and over again. Shame for anyone finding a use for it. I instinctively shut it off any time I load.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Elma's second and third heart to hearts are fun and help flesh her out. She actually has a sense of humor after all.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Any tips for the Chapter 9 boss? I'm at around level 38 and Elma and Lin are slightly behind. Preferably I'd like a strategy that doesn't involve breaking the game over its heel. Who's a good fourth to bring? Who should I focus on first? What kinds of classes work well? If I just need to grind more, I can do that.

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

Alxprit posted:

Any tips for the Chapter 9 boss? I'm at around level 38 and Elma and Lin are slightly behind. Preferably I'd like a strategy that doesn't involve breaking the game over its heel. Who's a good fourth to bring? Who should I focus on first? What kinds of classes work well? If I just need to grind more, I can do that.

Focus everyone except the main dude down, take his trash out first, use your party's focus command to clear them out first. Took me a few tries as well. Make sure your arts and poo poo are maxed out and you have decent gear on.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombie Defiler posted:

Gradivus, the headless emperor is a cheating piece of poo poo with the ability to suck out your fuel and overdrive points as well as possibly the most loving HP of anything ever.
Oh and he spawns little asscaves that taunt your party.

I really wish there was some way to set up my party's AI, just to tell them STOP WASTING FUEL ON poo poo 40 LEVELS UNDER YOU.

Tell them to focus fire which makes them switch to whatever you're targeting.

it works because I just got the Milesaur hologram, you have to be in overdrive for that fight almost entirely.

also I got scouted by 25 people today, I'm quite popular!

Also how the hell are you supposed to win at the World Nemesis Telethia? I went with three Ether Blossom guys and everyone had an ares and we depleted his HP bar 80 times for the maximum reward, but he still would not die. Like are they seriously expecting you to deplete 8 thousand bars of HP or whatever that number is? Because there doesn't seem to be enough players to accomplish it.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Dec 21, 2015

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Also how the hell are you supposed to win at the World Nemesis Telethia? I went with three Ether Blossom guys and everyone had an ares and we depleted his HP bar 80 times for the maximum reward, but he still would not die. Like are they seriously expecting you to deplete 8 thousand bars of HP or whatever that number is? Because there doesn't seem to be enough players to accomplish it.

You don't. It's a collective effort.

That being said, even if everyone beat him 500 times, ten times a day, there arent enough players. Only people playing now are people in it for the long haul or just got the game.

What's the easiest way to get an ares? I've got 9 storage probes, enough miranium, and poo poo. I can't do any of the time attacks other than the first couple because they don't let me bring my skell, and my ground gear is negelected, and I don't have enough tickets to buy poo poo.

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 21, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Alxprit posted:

Go tank them with something Samurai Gunner-ish if you're not already. The first class on that path has some good AoE moves and Defensive Stance is a constant heal.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

GreenBuckanneer posted:

You don't. It's a collective effort.

That being said, even if everyone beat him 500 times, ten times a day, there arent enough players. Only people playing now are people in it for the long haul or just got the game.

the funniest thing is that apparently the reward for killing it is just getting twice as many drops or something.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Can someone confirm how abilities like Zero Zero work for the "triggering a melee combo" bonus? I'm getting conflicting gamefaqsesque opinions.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

GreenBuckanneer posted:

What's the easiest way to get an ares? I've got 9 storage probes, enough miranium, and poo poo. I can't do any of the time attacks other than the first couple because they don't let me bring my skell, and my ground gear is negelected, and I don't have enough tickets to buy poo poo.

If you want to solo it do Telethia World boss runs by scouting three ether blossom guys and then just selling the telethia parts for tickets. Just make sure to make it until the timer ends and to not use up all your continues, the EB scouts should provide enough of a distraction and also never really die or stay dead.

Make sure to break his wings, head, and tail.

in about 4-6 runs you can amass like 3 thousand tickets.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 21, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

PRADA SLUT posted:

Can someone confirm how abilities like Zero Zero work for the "triggering a melee combo" bonus? I'm getting conflicting gamefaqsesque opinions.

use them within a few seconds after using any of your melee weapon's arts. it doesn't have to be a melee art specifically. i dunno if it works with melee arts that are specific to ranged weapons, like assault hammer.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Inflammatory posted:

use them within a few seconds after using any of your melee weapon's arts. it doesn't have to be a melee art specifically. i dunno if it works with melee arts that are specific to ranged weapons, like assault hammer.

Orange means melee, so regardless of it being a rifle Art it counts as melee.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I loving hate the Rexoskell so goddamn much. It eats my tension up instantly, it knocks me down when I'm going to use an art, I don't have the storage probes yet to get the miranium to put more augment holes on poo poo and no matter how low I get him he just wipes the party out at the end because you're not getting mia. :mad:

Dante18907
Aug 31, 2009

How do you find the Rexoskell I haven't seen poo poo about him and I need his poo poo for my THINGS

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Can I just shoot Boze? Christ I already hate that dude and I just got him.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dante18907 posted:

How do you find the Rexoskell I haven't seen poo poo about him and I need his poo poo for my THINGS

You have to follow a questline with the Definians. I put a bit more info on how to get it here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3753771&pagenumber=66&perpage=40#post453767053

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is it possible to permanently miss arms manufacturers or have I just not gotten to them yet? I am missing 2. I have the 4 basic ones, the Orphe, and the Nopon. I am worried about passing some point of no return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

Is it possible to permanently miss arms manufacturers or have I just not gotten to them yet? I am missing 2. I have the 4 basic ones, the Orphe, and the Nopon.

You don't get them in order, despite appearances. One of them is run by a single guy in NLA, the other's not available until after Chapter 9.

• Locked thread