Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

He didn't pop a wheelie/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

No Oddjob, 0/10

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I'm pretty sure everybody who played that game had a house rule banning Oddjob.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Concordat posted:

I'm pretty sure everybody who played that game had a house rule banning Oddjob.

Yeah this was pretty much necessary.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Nick nack in nightfire was even funnier than oddjob in goldeneye

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Weapons featured not consistent with any of the available weapon sets

00/7

hard counter has a new favorite as of 20:50 on Dec 21, 2015

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Concordat posted:

He didn't pop a wheelie/10

And Blastoise didn't get cut in half by the bike.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember that Jughead is canonically an otaku.

Is Jughead the one with the crown? Cuz I could totally see that.

Also, Archie Comics is the company that did those official Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man crossover comics where Robotnik and Wily become besties or whatever.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The crown is just a cut up fedora aint it?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

FlyinPingu posted:

if you don't wish that everything had its own dumbass cute mascot thing I don't know what to tell you

I honestly got a little confused trying to read this right to left at first.

I need help.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

The crown is just a cut up fedora aint it?

Yeah, that's generally what they were.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Also, Archie Comics is the company that did those official Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man crossover comics where Robotnik and Wily become besties or whatever.

Those comics own.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, after a while, Archie was like "gently caress it, let's get all of Capcom and Sega in the mix!"

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is that DOUBLE!? :stare:

I need to read those fuckin' comics right now.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Holy poo poo.

I was hoping way too hard for Xavier to show up in there, but no one but me likes Xavier.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ramos posted:

Wait, you mean Archie isn't some sort of thing people who are 80+ years old read to think they're still hip and cool?

Check this scrub out. Afterlife with Archie was one of the best dead-serious zombie stories period done in the last decade and that's before you put in the novelty of Archie characters.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Is that DOUBLE!? :stare:

I need to read those fuckin' comics right now.

You'll also get to see the X-Hunters get dunked by a Gore Magala. Definitely read the comics.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Samfucius posted:

Holy poo poo.

I was hoping way too hard for Xavier to show up in there, but no one but me likes Xavier.

i like xavier too

:(:hf::(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Paul Robertson is my spirit animal

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
A repost from the DEVIANTART thread, with all thanks to SayNothing

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Postal Parcel posted:

A repost from the DEVIANTART thread, with all thanks to SayNothing

Meiling will get all the sleep she wants and Reimu will have all the money she wants, good lovely fetish cartoons.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

kirbysuperstar posted:

You'll also get to see the X-Hunters get dunked by a Gore Magala. Definitely read the comics.

The crossover comics are legitimately good, without having the older problem of trying too hard to be serious. The somewhat recent change in staff and the success of the Mega Man comic have done Archie Sonic a lot of favors.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The best part of the Sonic-Megaman crossover is a spread where Sonic beats several Robot Masters while zigzagging through a fight scene.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, after a while, Archie was like "gently caress it, let's get all of Capcom and Sega in the mix!"

And you would think that a comic that's been around since the '30s would be a shoe-in for the FOX News set, but that would be incorrect too.

After adding a major gay character in 2010, they had him get married (I believe to a veteran, no less) in a big multi-part wedding story arc a year or two later.

The co-CEOs handled the resulting blowback by basically telling everyone who didn't like it to shove it.

IIRC, he then goes on to run for senate in the "flash forward to grownup times" spinoff on a gun control platform and Archie dies (yup, dies) saving him from a Right wing shooter.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Electric Bugaloo posted:

And you would think that a comic that's been around since the '30s would be a shoe-in for the FOX News set, but that would be incorrect too.

After adding a major gay character in 2010, they had him get married (I believe to a veteran, no less) in a big multi-part wedding story arc a year or two later.

The co-CEOs handled the resulting blowback by basically telling everyone who didn't like it to shove it.

IIRC, he then goes on to run for senate in the "flash forward to grownup times" spinoff on a gun control platform and Archie dies (yup, dies) saving him from a Right wing shooter.
I would mark out hard for Crisis on Infinite Archies.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Samfucius posted:

Holy poo poo.

Xavier's weapons grade philosophy would destroy everyone else in the gif.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This was a bump on Adult Swim for a little while, FYI. Maybe still is.

I was also hoping for Xavier. :(

kirbysuperstar posted:

Is there a place online where I can read dem comics?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm always completely in awe of the sheer amount of work put into Robertson's stuff, but also, has he ever done anything that wasn't psychedelic surreal bouncing pixel art with body horror elements?

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

No, that's about the long and short of it. drat good at it though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
His entire animation philosophy is "never stop moving" so probably not on that front at least

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

In the zombie comic he runs around killing zombies with a crossbow and is rad as hell

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm always completely in awe of the sheer amount of work put into Robertson's stuff, but also, has he ever done anything that wasn't psychedelic surreal bouncing pixel art with body horror elements?

He's made at least a few things without body horror.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Like this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if you ignore the decaying zombie dog, sure

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Where's Wolf Link?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

He's done some clean stuff for Gravity Falls, and also that fan-animated version of the Simpsons opening. But yeah, body horror is kinda his thing.

EDIT: Here's the Simpsons one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIZ_gDOrzGk

Mezzanine has a new favorite as of 00:01 on Dec 22, 2015

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

There's at least one thing I can think of.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Within the first like five seconds of booting up Mercenary Kings has pretty startlingly graphic gore and violence for pixel art

Alaois posted:

if you ignore the decaying zombie dog, sure
It's a Resident Evil dog, what was he supposed to do, gussy it up?

He did this which rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread