Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
They basically live in a modern version of Beserk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

theGrooseofLegend posted:

It wasn't just the music. The fight after Saitama landed mirrored Saitama's dream fight with the subterraneans (Boros' eye spark after Consecutive normal punches, the pose he strikes when he regenerates, the heartbeat)

Boros got the dream fight that he wanted while Saitama was left with nothing

There's also the sentai thing (and most japanese media i guess, going back to kabuki theater I think) where the hero is on the right side of the stage, fighting a threat on the left, and one part in particular where Saitama is standing as the spaceship inclines, so Boros has to go uphill to reach Saitama and continue the fight.

Literally everything that is the medium was thrown to make Boros the protagonist and that made it perfection.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anime fan who spent the day catching up on the manga here, and Holy poo poo Metal Bat is the coolest loving dude and he is gonna smash Garou with his bat and send him flying straight through Elder Centipede and save the day and it's going to own a lot.

Also, King is really good and I am glad he seems to have become a member of Saitama's group of friends. I hope he continues to show up. This manga owns!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, King is really good and I am glad he seems to have become a member of Saitama's group of friends.

they're acquaintances

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Dec 21, 2015

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

They share a hobby!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Look, Saitama plays games with him and borrows his stuff. They're buddies.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

King is that guy you knew when you were a kid that you really didn't like very much but you hung out with because he had a lot of cool games

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fullhouse posted:

King is that guy you knew when you were a kid that you really didn't like very much but you hung out with because he had a lot of cool games

I love King more than anything actually so?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

King is the popular kid who is actually a pretty decent guy and a bro when you get to know him after he learns you have the same dumb nerd hobbies he does.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's that kid who is literally perfect and can beat Saitama in a fight, is pure but has a naughty side, undying loyalty and an army of followers. I'm glad that Saitama joined his harem and the rest of the Oppai crew followed him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
OVA on December 24, and more to follow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_One-Punch_Man_episodes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be held in kings strongest arms.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

It's a Christmas miracle!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

sometimes I wonder what it'd be like to be held in kings strongest arms.

I don't think the human brain can actually recognise pleasure on that level, so you'd die.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
weed leaf kid feels like an apology for messing up the SCHOOL KID/GAKI shirts

thank you madhouse

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Those shirts are only in the Murata version, but I still feel they could have been in the anime since it is based on that version.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think the human brain can actually recognise pleasure on that level, so you'd die.

Either that or feel nothing; which, I suspect, would lead to the same outcome.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'd work like filling a cup. King's love would fill you up slowly until it overflows and you die of joy.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Mordaedil posted:

Those shirts are only in the Murata version, but I still feel they could have been in the anime since it is based on that version.

Theyre good and shouldnt have been omitted.
Especially my favorite: NEET

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Yeah but why would a NEET be outside?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

sharktamer posted:

Yeah but why would a NEET be outside?

Because a horrible monster destroyed his disgusting hovel?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

wanna go to that video game party.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

a kitten posted:

wanna have some'a that takoyaki

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

a kitten posted:

I know this is probably the direction the comic will go but I hope Sneck stays a heel towards Saitama the longest out of everyone.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

a kitten posted:

King and Child Emperor playing video games together. :unsmith:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

RareAcumen posted:

I know this is probably the direction the comic will go but I hope Sneck stays a heel towards Saitama the longest out of everyone.

Sneck and Sweet Mask the only holdouts for Saitama Friends Club.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
sweet mask deserves to make friends with a wood chipper

gently caress that guy

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

SpacePig posted:

Sneck and Sweet Mask the only holdouts for Saitama Friends Club.

Unless Metal Knight is as good with people as machines I would add Boros, given his death.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

I hope "The Sisters Who Have Too Many Things Happening" is about Tatsumaki and Fubuki.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

cyrus_zane posted:

What would Saitama's S-class name be?

I just noticed some of the S class heroes have names that acknowledge skill yet still contain only a basic character trait (Pig God, Child Emperor, Tank Top Master). Maybe upon reaching S-class heroes can request a new name from the association and they gift you with a name more fitting to your new position among the best of the best. If this is true Saitama would have a chance at a newer cooler name that acknowledges his strength. However since this is the HA we are talking about they would prolly still get something blandly descriptive. So he would likely end up with a name that is half cool and half insulting.
This assumes that "Blast" isn't actually just a name the Association gave to whoever's been running around killing all the major threats these last three years, and they made that unknown person #1 in S-Class because whoever that guy is he's obviously the strongest hero.

The morning after.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

The Sandman posted:

This assumes that "Blast" isn't actually just a name the Association gave to whoever's been running around killing all the major threats these last three years, and they made that unknown person #1 in S-Class because whoever that guy is he's obviously the strongest hero.

That's just King though

reusing the same joke wouldn't be funny

KoB
May 1, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

King and Child Emperor playing video games together. :unsmith:

I want scenes of Rider and Saitama hanging out but I imagine hes too busy dealing out Justice to hang around much.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

LostRook posted:

Unless Metal Knight is as good with people as machines I would add Boros, given his death.

But if he did come back, Boros would definitely be friends with Saitama

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Might be funny if by the time they actually call in Blast, assuming he's an actual person they know about and not Saitama unbeknownst to them, he's so rusty from not fighting for so long they just end up jobbing really hard right before Saitama shows up and flicks the threat in the face causing it to explode into a blood mist.

Is Blast a mystery in universe too? I forget if that's brought up or if there's like an online bio with pics and poo poo that we just haven't seen.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I assume he's a mystery since Child Emperor's never seen him and was disappointed he couldn't at the meeting just before Boros attacked.

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Blast is literally Goku.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Blast is saitamas clone

what happens when two one punch men punch eachother??

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Nothing, because they cancel each other out. Which will be the moment of ultimate pathos for the manga, since both Saitama and Blast will assume they've finally found someone worthy of fighting and capable of giving them some excitement only to discover that they are in fact too evenly matched and thus can't get anything out of a fight even with each other. They'll go get drunk together afterwards instead. Genos picks up the tab.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Blast is that mosquito Saitama wasn't able to kill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

RatHat posted:

Blast is that mosquito Saitama wasn't able to kill.

I still wonder about that...