Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I really like how the bosses punish you if you try to play defensively, especially all the big dog/wolf bosses (c beast Amelia etc) who wreck you if you're defensive but if you play aggressively they whinny and whine like little puppies while you pummel them.

Edit I do not condone pummeling puppies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i had like 40 thousand blood echoes and was trying to finish out all the secrets in the forbidden woods, and remembered where the secret path to iosefka was and was like 'alright, i'll just head up there and hit the lamp to spend my echoes' while totally forgetting about the loving lampreys that eat your rear end off

Those things have the shittiest hitboxes in the game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lampreys?

Soral
May 30, 2009

the little worm things that burst out of those guys' bellies in nightmare of mensis that you can find in the corpse hole in the forest and in that little pit in castle cainhurst

Soral
May 30, 2009

don't even bother with those guys in my opinion... none of the loot in that area is worth the grief of dealing with a million impossible to hit enemies swimming in a pool of poison water. just run through to the ladder.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Soral posted:

don't even bother with those guys in my opinion... none of the loot in that area is worth the grief of dealing with a million impossible to hit enemies swimming in a pool of poison water. just run through to the ladder.

no way. pick up every glowy thing, absolutely, always

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

no way. pick up every glowy thing, absolutely, always

tfw you clear out a tough pack of chalice enemies for a glowy and the game tells you you can't carry anymore pebbles

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Benny D posted:

tfw you clear out a tough pack of chalice enemies for a glowy and the game tells you you can't carry anymore pebbles

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Fuckin pebbled again

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm at the point where i can do byrgenwerth, nightmare frontier, the DLC, and chalice dungeons. this game is amazing.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

There's a nourishing gem there, definitely worth picking up early on.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
new update. str/skill requirements adjusted for lots of items, cost of bloodstone chunks is lowered from 30 insight to 20. and you can buy blood rocks for 60 insight! i'm going to do that

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

whatis posted:

and you can buy blood rocks for 60 insight!

gently caress yeah.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

whatis posted:

new update. str/skill requirements adjusted for lots of items, cost of bloodstone chunks is lowered from 30 insight to 20. and you can buy blood rocks for 60 insight! i'm going to do that

Whoa

Dec 26, 2012

whatis posted:

adjusted in what way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

adjusted in what way

I'm trying to find details but early reports are jus that by "adjusted" they meant they adjusted the tooltip so they actuall display the correct modifiers and damage numbers

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

If you guys haven't yet you owe it to yourself to do a game cycle in beast mode. It's incredibly fun

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Also silly question, if a weapon scales with both str and skill does it use whichever is higher or do you get a bonus from both?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Benny D posted:

Also silly question, if a weapon scales with both str and skill does it use whichever is higher or do you get a bonus from both?

both

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
can str / blood tinge work, or are there not really overlapping weapon sets there? i've got 13 dex and 30 str and was wondering if i wanted to bring arcane or tinge up a little bit.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

can str / blood tinge work, or are there not really overlapping weapon sets there? i've got 13 dex and 30 str and was wondering if i wanted to bring arcane or tinge up a little bit.

the cannons and gatling gun are the main draw. ill make a str/blt eventually since the bloodletter seems neat, but its definitely less useful than putting those points into arc

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

the cannons and gatling gun are the main draw. ill make a str/blt eventually since the bloodletter seems neat, but its definitely less useful than putting those points into arc

If you're making a BLT, could I have one.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

How far do you have to progress to buy the rocks? I'm assuming probably mergo's loft ish, but that would be interesting if you could get it earlier

Some people saying that whirligig is showing 'A' scaling with str now instead of 'S', don't know if it's just a display thing or if it does less damage now

Zodar
May 21, 2007

I've been listening to the BB soundtrack outside the context of the game and its so much better than DKS2's, especially the DLC tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICSk8-pJkX8
Cleric beast's theme starts out as the standard wailing+string stings, then after the 3 minute mark it turns into this evil warbling digital poo poo. Really cool effect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_8t5ay0-YU
Living Failures is a very easy fight with a lot of interesting things going on in it -- reminds me of Demons Souls boss fights in that regard -- and apparently its theme is a tribute to Gustav Holst? Very cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

How far do you have to progress to buy the rocks? I'm assuming probably mergo's loft ish, but that would be interesting if you could get it earlier

Some people saying that whirligig is showing 'A' scaling with str now instead of 'S', don't know if it's just a display thing or if it does less damage now

I don't remember whirligig ever showing S str. Also you unlock blood rock in the shop after beating wet nurse

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I can check my strategy guide later, lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
whirligig definitely went from A to S at +10, previously

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

birdlady died. nems cried.

She spent that entire fight just getting visceraled over and over again, there was nothing I could do :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

whirligig definitely went from A to S at +10, previously

Huh. I wonder if the damage was nerfed then. It's probably just a text update?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Just bought 20000000 pebbles

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

She spent that entire fight just getting visceraled over and over again, there was nothing I could do :negative:

Lmao

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

On my blind play through I had no idea what the gently caress and the first time I fought that Hunter he had half health. I didn't figure out until later that I had gotten her killed somehow :derksouls:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Throw poison knives at henryk until he dies

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

Throw poison knives at henryk until he dies

this + dump bullets at him to keep him staggered

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fight him honorably with a tasteful variety of moves and then do the bow gesture after you have defeated him

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the whirligig scaling hasnt been touched, i checked. still S, still cool

Dec 26, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm trying to find details but early reports are jus that by "adjusted" they meant they adjusted the tooltip so they actuall display the correct modifiers and damage numbers

oh cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i can buy bloodrocks now!!!!! good update

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
co-oping for shadows is pretty boring, since they melt to any decent players, and there are nearly always three people just stunlocking the last guy

fighting them solo is still pretty fun, though. i parried the katana dude to poo poo, left stepped around the candle guy, and then just wailed on tonitrus until he died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

yep, but it's still fun to try and murk your guy before everyone else