Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

parid
Mar 18, 2004

Funkmaster General posted:

Same here, everything failed to load a few times, then I was logged out and can't log back in, just "Login Failed!" Cleared cache, cleared app data, reinstalled, restarted phone. Nothing helped.

The mobile site is ugly and scary. :ohdear:

Same thing for me. No combination of app reinstalls, app data clearing, or reboots has been able to get it log in. Same symptoms as the General here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Try this version

Going out to the Market as well

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Having the same issues even with new version from Play store. Tried clearing app data and reinstalling. Android 5.1 on a Droid Turbo.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Attachments not working android 5.0.2

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Lg g4

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Looking at your post history, posting attachments seems to be working fine.
Does it not show for you? Shows up for me.

Re login:
Try logging in. If it doesn't work, try going to your homescreen and then resuming the app. For whatever reason this worked when I tried fixing the error.

Sereri fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 6, 2015

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Sereri posted:

Re login:
Try logging in. If it doesn't work, try going to your homescreen and then resuming the app. For whatever reason this worked when I tried fixing the error.

No luck with that either.

e: Disregard, was using the wrong password! Sorry about that.

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Dec 6, 2015

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Sereri posted:

Looking at your post history, posting attachments seems to be working fine.
Does it not show for you? Shows up for me.

Re login:

No its just a missing img icon here. I relogged in and it works now! Thank

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
The Awful app crashes for me whenever I go to my bookmarks. Even the update today didn't fix it. :(

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

MohShuvuu posted:

The Awful app crashes for me whenever I go to my bookmarks. Even the update today didn't fix it. :(

I can't see any crash reports - does it do the same if you clear the app data?

And if it does, can you see anything unusual in your bookmarks on the browser? A screenshot of each page would probably help, if you don't mind, so we can see if anything jumps out as a potential problem

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I'm seeing a few crashes in the developer console (though only one from today) but they're native crashes which tell me basically nothing.

Busy Bee
Jul 13, 2004
I'm currently subscribed to Google Music - What is the difference between "Add to Playlist" and "Add to Library" when viewing songs on Google Music? If I add to a playlist does it not add to the library? What's the point of adding to library?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Busy Bee posted:

I'm currently subscribed to Google Music - What is the difference between "Add to Playlist" and "Add to Library" when viewing songs on Google Music? If I add to a playlist does it not add to the library? What's the point of adding to library?

This is not the thread you're looking for.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

baka kaba posted:

I can't see any crash reports - does it do the same if you clear the app data?

And if it does, can you see anything unusual in your bookmarks on the browser? A screenshot of each page would probably help, if you don't mind, so we can see if anything jumps out as a potential problem

Looks like clearing the data fixed it. thanks!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Busy Bee posted:

Adding to library sends your device encryption keys to the NSA so don't pick that one.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

The newest update fixed my issue, but reset all my settings to the terrible default settings (who wants this giant floating reply icon???).

Anyway thanks for fixing it.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Busy Bee posted:

Your library and any individual playlist are distinct... You can click "my library" and see all songs in your library. You can also make playlists that are only a subset of songs. You might want to add something to your library so it's there and not add it to any specific playlist. Adding it to a playlist does put it in your library, afaik.

Aenobarbus
Nov 7, 2012

MohShuvuu posted:

Same problem here, samsung galaxy g4, crash reports sent

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Looking at the (native) crash reports, it seems to only hit devices on 4.3, mostly Samsung devices. It doesn't crash my 4.3 Emulator however. Samsunged again.

Again, the crash report is mostly something just saying "Someone crashed" without really telling where or why.

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

It seems the app has a problem with special characters (or just apostrophes?) in the username field - it shows my username as "Don".

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Don't Ask posted:

It seems the app has a problem with special characters (or just apostrophes?) in the username field - it shows my username as "Don".
It's loading fine for me

Don't Ask
Nov 28, 2002

anthonypants posted:

It's loading fine for me

I meant that it parses my username in the app as "Don", so it highlights that word in posts and shows incorrect information in the navigation drawer.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Aenobarbus posted:

Same problem here, samsung galaxy g4, crash reports sent

Same here on my S2, though I'm not sure how to send a crash report.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Swiping up or down within a code block registers as swiping right, so trying to scroll will end up sending you back to bookmarks.

Here's a post to test:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716726&pagenumber=115&perpage=40#post453634141

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Funkmaster General posted:

Swiping up or down within a code block registers as swiping right, so trying to scroll will end up sending you back to bookmarks.

Here's a post to test:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716726&pagenumber=115&perpage=40#post453634141

I am unable to reproduce this on the current market version.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

It happens when the page is scrolled to where an up or down swipe would kick in pull-to-refresh. Call it a little bit of Christmas Magic :frogbon:

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

baka kaba posted:

It happens when the page is scrolled to where an up or down swipe would kick in pull-to-refresh. Call it a little bit of Christmas Magic :frogbon:

Happens to me in any code block no matter how far up or down the page it is. It isn't a big deal since code blocks are so rarely used, but happens 100% reliably so I'm not sure why it would be unable to be reproduced. This is with the latest version on Google Play.

parid
Mar 18, 2004
I finally fixed my app! I had to change my password. My old password worked fine via the web browser, but wasn't working anymore in the app. I picked a password with less special chars ( ~31 char old password had a - and a _ ) and now the app is working fine for me.

If any devs want my old password, tell me who to PM. It was never used anywhere else.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Has there been any fix for images from imgur showing up as broken-image placeholders, requiring a reload? Or is it an imgur problem?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

MisterBibs posted:

Has there been any fix for images from imgur showing up as broken-image placeholders, requiring a reload? Or is it an imgur problem?

Do you have imgur thumbnails set in the image settings?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Sereri posted:

Do you have imgur thumbnails set in the image settings?

It's set to Use Original; I never changed it.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Would it be possible to add a setting that would remove FYAD from the forums list?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Toebone posted:

Would it be possible to add a setting that would remove FYAD from the forums list?

Why not just, not click on it?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

Why not just, not click on it?

They sometimes run movie and book spoilers in the forum title.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Midjack posted:

Link?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

They did back in the Harry Potter days and I wouldn't be surprised if they're loving with Yoda fellators at the moment.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
http://forums.somethingawful.com/

Midjack posted:

Also its current subtitle has been up for like a month or two?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

anthonypants posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/
Also its current subtitle has been up for like a month or two?

I usually run off the bookmarks in my control panel so I don't actually know the current title. Is it something like Snape kills Jabba?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Midjack posted:

I usually run off the bookmarks in my control panel so I don't actually know the current title. Is it something like Snape kills Jabba?

It's something less absurd that could possibly be true (haven't seen it yet,) but it has been the subforum title for over a month now and I don't think there was a big script leak on the new Star Wars, so if it is true it is sheer coincidence/educated guess anyone else could have made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I'm having an issue with forum attachments.
I have the setting set to prevent displaying of images in previously read posts. This is usually fine and dandy, because for imgur stuff, for example, I can click the link that gets inserted and select "show image inline"

For forum attachments, the only options I get are to open or copy the URL. Is there a way that the app can detect a forum attachment URL and insert the "Show Image Inline" option?

An attachment for experimentation:

Only registered members can see post attachments!