Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Could really do for a keychain right about now, everything since drytop has been adding keys you got to lug around to open the chests of the area, I got to haul around 6 different types of keys now and if I want to use them on a alt I got to spend 5 minutes putting them in the bank and taking them back out then putting them back in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Insert name here posted:

Speaking of these crystals I got one the other day and just shook my head when I realised you couldn't deposit it in the bank storage tab so it's just sitting there eating space in my inventory. Glad the storage tab/wallet seems to exist solely so anet can forget about it whenever they add a new crafting material/currency.

Buy more bags today!!

The only thing that feels scummy to me about GW2 is the fact that you have to pay for bag slots and storage upgrades. The inventory bloat is insane in this game, there really don't need to be bags within bags within bags.

Axialbloom
Jul 7, 2011

My life is a series of
lapses in judgement.

Illuyankas posted:

Incidentally if you're in both GOON and SFD you can gather from both halls and get either's crystals, so you won't be locked out of both weapons sets by more than simple time and RNG.

You say that like a streak of zero crystals mined over 6 days isn't a thing. At least I'm rolling in copper ore.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

Thunderbro posted:

Buy more bags today!!

The only thing that feels scummy to me about GW2 is the fact that you have to pay for bag slots and storage upgrades. The inventory bloat is insane in this game, there really don't need to be bags within bags within bags.

Per character :eng101:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Axialbloom posted:

You say that like a streak of zero crystals mined over 6 days isn't a thing. At least I'm rolling in copper ore.

Yeah, like two days in a row last week Cletus got like 10 crystals each, and I got 0 :(

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I don't mind having to buy bag/bank slots, but I agree that making bag slots per character is hella lame.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I mean, let's be frank, thief is so universally disdained at the moment that within the next couple balance patches it's going to get buffed into the stratosphere.

Denial is the first step.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

WHY IS THIS A THING THAT EXISTS?!

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Lonk posted:

:whoptc:

Scary poo poo.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

Lonk posted:

Burn game.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Ew.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

If it had clothes on it might actually be kinda neat but naked that is some p. solid nightmare fuel.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

Time to change games I think *fires up star citizen*

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Didn't think anything could top Slenderman... needless to say, not sleeping tonight.

Everyday Goast
Nov 27, 2011

spoopy

CLAM DOWN posted:

Yeah, like two days in a row last week Cletus got like 10 crystals each, and I got 0 :(

Cletus stole your crystals

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Tangled Depths has grown on me lately, especially with the bug fixes and it actually handing out rewards in the form of keys and gerent, you just need to spend a LOT of time being lost before you know where all the hero points, deadends, shortcuts and hidden chests are.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Once I got TD fully explored I really started liking it, especially once I realized that it's a hub and spoke design with the Ley Line Confluence as the hub

E: Randomly, I just got a Sorrow's Embrace weapon chest from a pvp reward track (I want Forgeman's Leggings for a getup) and the Dark Asuran weapons are really cool! I feel like a good black/red costume with the right pieces would make a really awesome Tron themed setup

Magres fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Dec 21, 2015

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

saying TD is good is like eating a huge amount of poo poo and complaining about how much it tastes like poo poo then as you eat more you start saying it's good to try to convince yourself that it's true

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

I realize it's super easy, but running around setting up defenses in Toypocalypse is very relaxing.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Dreggon posted:

saying TD is good is like eating a huge amount of poo poo and complaining about how much it tastes like poo poo then as you eat more you start saying it's good to try to convince yourself that it's true

Once you have Nuhoch Wallows unlocked and can memorize which direction to go at the numerous T-junctions it's not so bad, especially so if any of the waypoints are unlocked or you can utilize the underwater caverns without being eaten alive by the invisible pihranas.

*cracks a brown, crusty grin*

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
A lot of it just comes from experience and knowing which tunnels can be accessed from what height and the fastest ways to get somewhere so that a large chunk of the tunnels you can avoid.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

hmm yes which of these twisting anal cavities will lead me to the boss and not in a circle back to where i came from

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Today I learned that after you receive the message to leave a map and get some bonuses, it will force kick everyone off that map in 1 hour.

I learned that because while everyone was waiting for mordremoth's death cutscene to play, everyone instead got kicked off to a new map.

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.

whydirt posted:

I realize it's super easy, but running around setting up defenses in Toypocalypse is very relaxing.

There's something oddly satisfying about setting up your own armada of snowball catapults and watching them all fire at once as soon as mobs spawn.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I have become a master of the choir bell game and holey moley does it give a lot of gold. I'm making almost as much per hour as I do IRL unless you count eatin the old bread.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

ItBurns posted:

I have become a master of the choir bell game and holey moley does it give a lot of gold. I'm making almost as much per hour as I do IRL unless you count eatin the old bread.

Welp, I guess I need to get better at this minigame.

Unless you work at McDonald's, IRL, I mean. I have no idea what your hourly rate is.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Blasphemeral posted:

Unless you work at McDonald's, IRL, I mean. I have no idea what your hourly rate is.

Well...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Hey

Give me five.

Don't leave me hanging.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Aside from the vendors you unlock from Pact Commander mastery are there any new karma sinks in HoT? Or is it still a trash tier currency whose main use is to get baby's first zerker armor without spending real gold?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

also legendaries i guess :shrug:

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

How much karma is used for a legendary? I got more obby shards than I need just from doing SW chievos.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

It's 10k per recipe/collection book, I think? Insignificant if you've played for any length of time, but something a new player (who has inexplicably decided his first and only goal is a shiny new legendary) might butt up against. In other words, no, not really.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Good thing I have ~750,000 karma on my account to never end up using for anything!

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Well the main reason I brought up karma was that I was wondering if I should just buy as many Wintersday gifts as I can each day or if I'd regret it later due to some new cool karma sink that I missed.

I forgot to mention this above, oops!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

lmao

Tricks and I actually figured that out: ~27k karma gets you 3.3 - 4g from leather Crab-Grabbin' Gloves. The first tier of Wintersday gifts works out about even with the gloves; the second has a convenience tax; and after that the gifts are more expensive.

So it hinges on how willing you are to click a lot of buttons over and over again.

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

it hinges on how willing you are to click a lot of buttons over and over again.

New thread title.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
There's some medium gloves you can forge for better karma profits. 8s 24c per 1000 karma. Will probably close back up when Wintersday ends and you can't get cloth as easily, or if people finally get done with the Elonian leather sinks for their guild halls.

https://gw2efficiency.com/currencies/karma

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Today I learned that after you receive the message to leave a map and get some bonuses, it will force kick everyone off that map in 1 hour.

I learned that because while everyone was waiting for mordremoth's death cutscene to play, everyone instead got kicked off to a new map.

This has happened twice in a row to me now and I am salty about dragons.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

lmao

Tricks and I actually figured that out: ~27k karma gets you 3.3 - 4g from leather Crab-Grabbin' Gloves. The first tier of Wintersday gifts works out about even with the gloves; the second has a convenience tax; and after that the gifts are more expensive.

So it hinges on how willing you are to click a lot of buttons over and over again.

There's no cooldown on opening the gifts, so a simple AutoHotKey click macro will open them all in a jiffy. As an added bonus you get to see the item spam scroll up the side of your screen for several minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

AnacondaHL posted:

There's no cooldown on opening the gifts, so a simple AutoHotKey click macro will open them all in a jiffy. As an added bonus you get to see the item spam scroll up the side of your screen for several minutes.

Zone out and back. That will kill the scroll of infinity.

• Locked thread