Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Terrible Horse posted:

Pat Sullivan getting a little choked up there!

http://www.twitch.tv/scglive/v/30925952?t=11h20m58

You'll be missed. Probably the best commentator in the business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Black artifact decks?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There is a much simpler explanation

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

rabidsquid posted:

There is a much simpler explanation

Thought it was a 2/4 for 1, turns out it's just a bad scan.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I wonder if WOTC was aware that land-based ramp isn't less annoying than Elvish Mystics given that there isn't any way to interact with land.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Guardian Beast is a rare from Arabian Nights. That's it. That's the reason. Someone might be trying to buy them out but there will never be a demand for it for game play reasons.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Oh I guess if all creature removal gets banned from legacy and Chaos Orb gets unbanned and every single combo deck also gets banned as well as all burn and most efficient creatures also get banned out that Guardian Beast will be extremely valuable

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Im assuming this is that stupid 93/94 format, same as all the other old cards that have gone up recently: Ernham Djinn, Fellwar Stone, ANT Trike, etc.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

suicidesteve posted:

Im assuming this is that stupid 93/94 format, same as all the other old cards that have gone up recently: Ernham Djinn, Fellwar Stone, ANT Trike, etc.

I feel like there are ways to show off that you're rich that result in you pulling way more chicks than playing the super special Magic cards are now diamonds format.

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
incorrect my friend, colorless mana is now diamonds.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Angry Grimace posted:

I feel like there are ways to show off that you're rich that result in you pulling way more chicks than playing the super special Magic cards are now diamonds format.

Vintage wasn't quite elitist enough, so this format was made.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

suicidesteve posted:

You think that's elitist? A couple of people in the Northeast US Vintage community invented a format. The rules? You can only play with cards you own the original piece of art for.

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

BJPaskoff posted:

You think that's elitist? A couple of people in the Northeast US Vintage community invented a format. The rules? You can only play with cards you own the original piece of art for.

Ohhh poo poo, my Faerie Noble deck is gonna wreck face.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

BJPaskoff posted:

I thought you were joking about this but nope it's actually a thing
http://originalmagicart.com/art-league/

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

dragon enthusiast posted:

I thought you were joking about this but nope it's actually a thing
http://originalmagicart.com/art-league/

"I'm off for a brief constitution: Have Jenkins fetch my deck from the safe in the wine cellar and we'll play upon my return."

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
They actually have a lot more people than I expected, but after some random clicking I never saw anyone with even close to enough arts to make a 60 card deck.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Living End, Mox Jet, Brainstorm, Nissa
Amulet, Mulldrifter, Thoughtseize, Chandra
Delver, Hydroblast, Ulamog, Sorin
Swiftspear, Progenitus, Tarmogoyf, Dackfayden

"We didn't start the fire"

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Pack Rat + a bunch of random commons will be the deck to beat

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Is some combination of Den Protector/Ire Shaman/Stratus Dancer/Rattleclaw Mystic/Deathmist Raptor good enough for a Temur Megamorph shell? Seems like it'd be a fun strategy and those just have to be a decent card advantage engine. Is Secret Plans a playable card? What about Obscuring Aether? If either of those are good enough to play, would having both be too much do-nothing?

I'm paralyzed with indecision, help me thread

Oh and this is for moderately competitive FNM

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Actually once again Signal the Rats is essentially unbeatable

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

stinkles1112 posted:

Is some combination of Den Protector/Ire Shaman/Stratus Dancer/Rattleclaw Mystic/Deathmist Raptor good enough for a Temur Megamorph shell? Seems like it'd be a fun strategy and those just have to be a decent card advantage engine. Is Secret Plans a playable card? What about Obscuring Aether? If either of those are good enough to play, would having both be too much do-nothing?

I'm paralyzed with indecision, help me thread

Oh and this is for moderately competitive FNM

ask yourself how the deck will handle the curve of t1 warden/t2 level up warden/t3 anafenza/t4 rhino or gideon, or the curve of t2 jace/t3 mantis rider/t4 another mantis rider or soulfire+removal spell and then whether the deck can kill eldrazi ramp before ugin or ulamog shows up

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Well Stratus Dancer seems like it lines up decently enough against Jeskai actually, you could get a lot of clutch counters and it can kill Mantis Riders, and I want to run RUG instead of just UG specifically to have efficient answers to Jace in the form of Fiery Impulses/Wild Slashes.

My game plan against an Abzan curve-out would be the same as every other deck's: hope they don't get it, then board in Roasts

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Is there anywhere I can order fun drake tokens that aren't winged big-titted anime catgirls

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

So I understand lots of people are confused by the new colorless mana symbol. That's fine. Most people, when you explain it, get it. I've seen that play out on Magic communities all over the internet. But I've just run into a couple of people who are willfully ignorant about it, and hostile. To them, it's a new color, and <> is going to be in casting costs in every set now, and they don't care about how I explain it or what links I show them. It's really odd.

suicidesteve posted:

Is 93/94 supposed to be elitist? I've been playing it with proxies.

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 21, 2015

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Is there anywhere I can order fun drake tokens that aren't winged big-titted anime catgirls

We go 0 to 100 real quick.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Sooo... You don't want big tittied catgirls? I don't think I understand the question

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Snacksmaniac posted:

We go 0 to 100 real quick.

Old frame best frame.

e - holy poo poo that was giant.

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 21, 2015

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Killin my tables with that bad frame.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I've seen tokens like that online but are they sold anywhere and/or is there some company that will print them in foil for some non massive quantity

black potus
Jul 13, 2006

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I've seen tokens like that online but are they sold anywhere and/or is there some company that will print them in foil for some non massive quantity

try calling the printer to see if you can get a limited amount, when they hear the hotline bling that can only mean one thing

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I despise commander but I have to make Talarand now.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Same as every other token, rk post.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I hope you all follow rk post on Facebook or Twitter.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
No ring?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Star Man posted:

I hope you all follow rk post on Facebook or Twitter.

No ring. 3/5. :colbert:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nehru the Damaja posted:

You want the dude from Degrassi? I can do that. How much are you looking to spend

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

Lightning Lord posted:

Is 93/94 supposed to be elitist? I've been playing it with proxies.

English only, original art only, and IIRC no revised. So yes, very much so.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

frameset posted:

"We didn't start the fire"

We Didn't Start the Fire would be a lot easier to magickize than the pokerap. Pokemon names are usually one word and 2-3 syllables, which don't play nicely with MtG's Factionian Nounverber naming scheme.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
So a post appeared on reddit stating that most of the l3's and some other judge in the Southeast U.S. region just got DCI suspensions ranging from 3 months to 3 years. The RC or former RC? commented on the thread basically stating it is bullshit. The only thing on WOTC's site seems to really vaguely indicate it had something to do with all the Oath of the Gatewatch leaks.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/statement-concerning-recent-suspensions-2015-12-21

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/3xrtyv/most_of_the_l3_judges_in_the_southeast_us_region/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/statement-concerning-recent-suspensions-2015-12-21

leakers banned

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/3xrtyv/most_of_the_l3_judges_in_the_southeast_us_region/

l3 judges banned too?

Welp!

e;fb

• Locked thread