Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Join the Prospectors and get a Salvage Ticket every day from the Division Rewards.

I just did that 2 days ago to see what the hype was about, I was in curators the rest of the time because I obsessively run over every collectable I see. I tend to lose it more than once a day :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Thanks for the advice! I suspected I was going to have to do up a bunch of ACC XX's to make life easier. Gon' be a whole lot of miranium probably. Does the augment when placed on a weapon, only help for that specific weapon or does it contribute to the accuracy of all attacks?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Join the Prospectors and get a Salvage Ticket every day from the Division Rewards.

I've been saving up salvage tickets, and just savescumming if I lose a mech, or paying for the salvage. I've read in the thread how much the cost of some of the end-game skell frames are, seems more cost effective to save the tickets for that future.

5er fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 21, 2015

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

5er posted:

Thanks for the advice! I suspected I was going to have to do up a bunch of ACC XX's to make life easier. Gon' be a whole lot of miranium probably. Does the augment when placed on a weapon, only help for that specific weapon or does it contribute to the accuracy of all attacks?

it boosts accuracy for all melee or ranged attacks, regardless of weapon. i think the only augment that only applies to the specific weapon is weapon attack.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Inflammatory posted:

it boosts accuracy for all melee or ranged attacks, regardless of weapon. i think the only augment that only applies to the specific weapon is weapon attack.

Oh hot. I feel much more encouraged with this.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Inflammatory posted:

For Skells, anything that starts with WP only affects the weapon its on, I tested it with stuff like the fuel consumption and weapon recharge ones too.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You just gotta love the resilience of Ma-nons. The worst things happen to them and they're just completely nonplussed by them.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

horriblePencilist posted:

You just gotta love the resilience of Ma-nons. The worst things happen to them and they're just completely nonplussed by them.

it's all worth it for pizza.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Inflammatory posted:

it's all worth it for pizza.

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I actually really like the man-ons. Even their voices don't bother me after the initial shock.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I actually really like the man-ons. Even their voices don't bother me after the initial shock.

I still hate their voices but they're pretty cool in general.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Where did you learn how to do that?
"I don't care how many times they've delivered to the ship today, I need more of that delicious grease exploding on my tastebuds."

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Pizza army's business is booming so they've ramped up the price to like 10,000 credits per pizza. :eyepop:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Golden Goat posted:

Pizza army's business is booming so they've ramped up the price to like 10,000 credits per pizza. :eyepop:

Wasn't that for 10 pizzas? Still, a 1000 credit pizza is some poo poo considering you can buy a decent midrange car for 10,000.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

Ma-non have no use for cars. A slice on the other hand....

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

horriblePencilist posted:

Man, I'm loving all these mutiny options in dialogues. "The Secretary of Defense went missing! I'll be the new one!"

Picking Elma as your favorite type of pet in her second heart to heart is also pretty good.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
That early manon quest where you are trying to negotiate a trade for alloy technology is the best.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

ImpAtom posted:

Same. They are probably the most endearing alien race in the game after you get past the voices. All the flavor stuff around them are great like their little audible dialog quips like "maybe I'll do some work for some pizzaaaa?" and the "No Ma-non Need Apply" quest where the Ma-non is obviously messing with the shop-owner, smooshing her face against the window until she is let in.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
The thing with the Mannon is that their voices are just pitched-up regular voice acting, which is a completely lazy and unremarkable way to do voices like that. They need to keep the tone the same (or have a lesser shift) but instead focus on inflection and pronunciation patterning. It's not just Monolith, a ton of companies do this and it's bad every time.

A better voice idea: Puck in DotA. No pitch shift (or minimal), but instead you get the effect from cadence, which is way more believable and memorable.

5er posted:

I've been saving up salvage tickets, and just savescumming if I lose a mech, or paying for the salvage. I've read in the thread how much the cost of some of the end-game skell frames are, seems more cost effective to save the tickets for that future.

look at dis guy that can't hit b

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Ok, after letting the game sit for a night (turned on) I finally beat chapter 12 lao fight finally. After all 3 of my party members were dead with Lao still having a ton of health, I realized my skell had a fuckton of fuel from sitting overnight. Hopped in it quick, got off a quick g-buster for 105k damage, lucked into cockpit mode, hit for another 90k, then he drained it completely, hopped out with him still having a decent bit of health, eagle eyed, did whatever green one it is for crit chance up, and did the green one that doubles arts, and fired off a TP sniper art with full secondary which was both doubled and lucked into a crit, finishing him off in that single attack (it was whatever one cranks out a bunch of shots at once, they each critted for about 10k). I had exactly 72 health left when he went down - I looked. gently caress that fight. It's still stupid to spend the whole game up to this point building up how awesome skells are and then telling you NOPE NO SKELLS when I've gotten myself all set up to use them. Oh well.

I'd still be happy with a good guide on arts/skills/combos/overdrive and stuff. I thought I had pretty good synergy with everything skills/arts/augment-wise but maybe not!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I love how faux polite the Ma-non are, always ending a sentence with "Is that alright? That's OK, yes? We're friends right?"

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

If I put slayer augments on guns and swords does the 40% bonus stack?

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

Med School posted:

If I put slayer augments on guns and swords does the 40% bonus stack?

Yes.

Med School
Feb 27, 2012

gently caress yes. Just bought 8 humanoid slayers. Once I save enough miranium im going to wreck those drat cat people.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

zedprime posted:

Its a little late for get rich schemes since you are kind of bound by the probe income. Research probes and storage probes share the same layout to make due with a criminal lack of them, but the easiest way to make a ton of cash is to stick a duplicator on a 2/2 scenic spot and surround it with a booster and 3 of your highest research probes. There's a perfect spot for this in eastern Oblivia.

Wait, duplicator on the 2/2 scenic spot? I'm pretty sure all a duplicator does is double the effect of adjacent probes, surely you'd want a research probe on that spot, with a duplicator next to it (hopefully on a crossroads so you can link it to a booster and two other things of your choice too)

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 21, 2015

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Suaimhneas posted:

Wait, duplicator on the 2/2 scenic spot? I'm pretty sure all a duplicator does is double the effect of adjacent probes, surely you'd want a research probe on that spot, with a duplicator next to it (hopefully on a crossroads so you can link it to a booster and two other things of your choice too)
It will duplicate the 3 research probes on that spot, so you have 3x2x the sightseeing bonus for the grade of research probe you are using, times the booster multiplier. And also the booster multiplier will pass to all the adjacent research probes, I think 1 or 2 of which in that spot have sightseeing spots of their own. Its worth something really silly like 40-50k credits per tick for 1 duplicator, 1 booster, and 3 high grade research probes.

e. So in a more general explanation, duplicators duplicate the effect of the probe on the spot the duplicator is placed, not the sum of ore or credits of the probes they are adjacent to. I made the same mistake in thinking until somebody posted that setup in the thread.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 21, 2015

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

zedprime posted:

It will duplicate the 3 research probes on that spot, so you have 3x2x the sightseeing bonus for the grade of research probe you are using, times the booster multiplier. And also the booster multiplier will pass to all the adjacent research probes, I think 1 or 2 of which in that spot have sightseeing spots of their own. Its worth something really silly like 40-50k credits per tick for 1 duplicator, 1 booster, and 3 high grade research probes.

e. So in a more general explanation, duplicators duplicate the effect of the probe on the spot the duplicator is placed, not the sum of ore or credits of the probes they are adjacent to. I made the same mistake in thinking until somebody posted that setup in the thread.

Well, that's swell. I didn't realize that. I've been using some variation of one of the guides I found on gamefaqs, and it's OK. Right now I'm pretty entirely focused on cash although I should change that now that I can take the $300k squad mission and complete it in about 30 seconds. I still have a bunch of affinity missions I want to try in the game despite finishing the main story.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Just downed Pharsis solo with my human. Rest of the teammates are down in the water buffing my droprate. :D

Zombie Defiler
Apr 30, 2005

I don't much care for your negative attitude, mister.
So from what I understand, some of the most important augments are...
Ground Weapons
Arts: Gain TP XX: White Mortifole Feather x32 (1344 tx), Aeviter Star Wing x32 (4416 tx), Red Vigent Rock Scalp x32 (4416 tx), Bonjelium x8 (Boosts TP by 200 when using an Art) [10,176 reward tickets total] <Use your TP attacks/Overdrive sooner/more often!>

Ground Armor
Potential Boost XX: Nutritious Microbes x48 (2592 tx), Clear Gerrid Soup x48 (4320 tx), Gularthian Everflame x48 (7008 tx), Bonjelium x16 (20% increase to Potential) [13,920 reward tickets total] <Potential = crushingly strong TP attacks>

Potential Up XX: Distilled Sap x32 (2624 tx), Blazing Gas Sac x32 (3648 tx), Lepyx Moonstone x32 (2304 tx), Bonjelium x8 (Flat +50 Potential) [8576 reward tickets total]

Treasure Sensor XX: Demonic Jewel x32 (1344 tx), Shrad Eye x32 (1728 tx), Decrepit Wing x32 (6336 tx), Bonjelium x8, (Boosts item drop rate by 20%) [9408 reward tickets total] <Every bit of luck helps(?)>

EXP Boost XX: Golden Jewel x5 (210 tx), Giant Jade Pearl x5 (330 tx), Parhelion Platinum x1 (Boosts experience received by 50%) [540 reward tickets total] <This is so easy to make it is downright silly to play without making some early>

Skell Weapon
Slayer.ULTRAFAUNA XX: White forfex shell x5 (180 tx), Reverse Millepod fin x5 (990 tx), Deva caladar's red ear x5 (1050 tx), Bonjelium x1 (Boosts Skell damage to Ultrafauna enemies by 40%) [2220 reward tickets total] <For those world nemesis guys>

Draw.OPENING-DMG XX: Red thallus antenna x32 (2880 tx), Parasitic Capsule x32 (1088 tx), Large saw tooth x32 (4416 tx), Bonjelium x8, (Boosts Skell Opening Art damage by 100%) [8384 reward tickets total] <For crushing an enemy with your first strike! i.e. Zenith C/Ares Beam>

Skell Armor
SpecUp.GRAV-RES XX: Large Hoof x5 (270 tx), Oc-serv Southern Crest x5 (490 tx), Oc-serv Eastern Crest x5 (490 tx), Bonjelium x1 (Boosts Skell Gravity resistance by 20) [1250 reward tickets total] <Gravity is a mean rear end element, I THINK Yggralith uses it>

SpecUp.ETHER-RES XX: Opaque Mirror x5 (210 tx), Red Milsaadi Hood x5 (210 tx), Gold Ceto Membrane x5 (690 tx), Bonjelium x1 (Boosts Skell Ether resistance by 20) [1110 reward tickets total] <Ether is Telethia's primary attack element from what I understand>

Skell Frame
ArrtibuteDmg.PHYS XX: Experia glyph x24 (2160 tx), Reinforced Frame x24 (2160 tx), Parhelion Platinum x8 (Boosts Skell physical damage by 50%) [4320 reward tickets total] <Hyper railgun/Zenith Cannon>

AttributeDmg.ETHER XX: Creare Glyph x24 (2160 tx), Purple Cervus Antlers x24 (3312 tx), Parhelion Platinum x8 (Boosts Skell ether damage by 50%) [5472 reward tickets total] <Ares 90>

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
^^^
Custom.WP-ATK gives a 40% attack buff to the weapon, so slotting three of those into the Zenith Cannon is really good.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

zedprime posted:

Oh poo poo, that changes a lot. So I guess it barely matters what the research ranks for the surrounding spots are, which is something I've been wondering about. Like "this spot links to four other spots but they have Cs and Ds for revenue, would that even be worth it"

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

MohShuvuu posted:

^^^
Custom.WP-ATK gives a 40% attack buff to the weapon, so slotting three of those into the Zenith Cannon is really good.
Unless those are dirt cheap, for a skell that seems kind of bad if you're stacking enemy exploit augments which are 40% to all of your weapons when micromanaged per fight.

vvvvvvvvvv
e. That's a good point, I've just been operating under the assumption that everything was solely multiplicative or solely additive because gently caress getting numbers out of this game.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 21, 2015

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

zedprime posted:

Unless those are dirt cheap, for a skell that seems kind of bad if you're stacking enemy exploit augments which are 40% to all of your weapons when micromanaged per fight.

Haven't seen any damage formulas, but wouldn't it be better to have all the exploits go off of higher weapon damage rather than just a big exploit boost?

e: I'll just do some appendage runs later and make the augments to test both. My Mastema is almost complete, anyway.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Is stacking exploit augs a good start overall? Like making 4 of each one and then just swapping them out for whatever fight you're about to get in to?

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Honestly the augment system is terribly explained both by the game itself and the manual. I'm yet to find a really good guide about what's useful and what stacks and what applies just to the item it's on and what applies to the entire thing and what's the difference between WP-SPEED and WP-COOLDOWN or whatever the gently caress they are and so forth. I have no clue what to do with any of that poo poo, but I suppose it doesn't matter because I don't hav ea loving clue where to find the materials for most of them anyways. Maybe that was a big part of why I had so much trouble with Chapter 12 - I didn't have any useful augments on my ground gear. My skells are actually not terrible I don't think thanks to some lucky drops

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

PRADA SLUT posted:

Is stacking exploit augs a good start overall? Like making 4 of each one and then just swapping them out for whatever fight you're about to get in to?
Yes but instead of 4, 24-30. You'll be forgiven if you only make 9-10 though since adding slots can take some time to rake in the miranium.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
Maybe I'm just on the weaker tyrants, but I'm doing like +200 hit and then 4 or 5 exploits.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Just finished Sword of Legendaryness and it makes me all the more disappointed that there isn't a more direct Monado style beam saber. I don't care if it doesn't have all the powers and just looks like it, it was a cool weapon.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The Nopon are great.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Zombie Defiler posted:

EXP Boost XX: Golden Jewel x5 (210 tx), Giant Jade Pearl x5 (330 tx), Parhelion Platinum x1 (Boosts experience received by 50%) [540 reward tickets total] <This is so easy to make it is downright silly to play without making some early>

Not really worth it other than to reduce Joker grinding time, because you can just kill joker 5 times and all your dudes are almost level 50 from level 20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
So actual mechanics question that came up: do the passive skills (i.e. X%+ to beam damage, etc) affect Skell abilities at all, or is that purely for stuff on foot? I've heard both.

• Locked thread