Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Drone posted:

I just got a complete character from a pack, so I'm not sure what the fuss is about there.

If you beat the odds once, it's silly to say "what's so hard about beating the odds???" No one is saying you can't pull full characters. It's just a waste of gems compared to refreshing your stamina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I keep up on this thread, so I am afraid I know the answer, but any games like soda dungeon out there? Almost idle game with lots of upgrades that carry over after deaths? Like super lite roguelikes with little to no iap? I don't care if it's free or costs money, but would love a second game then PAD for the holidays.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

uPen posted:

You only regen HP/MP after an enemy takes a turn and since ideally enemies never get a turn it's largely useless.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but it still isn't increasing my MP ever.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

dpack_1 posted:

I was really getting into the MTG match 3 game til i finished the story and realised there is literally nothing else to do.

For such a big brand that was a weak sauce experience.

I will always have fond memories of the early days of Marvels attempt at it before it got loving ridiculous with IAPs and poo poo.
Considering that despite releasing games for several years in a row, Magic games just seem to get worse, and tend to have less features than their prequels oddly enough.

It seems pretty fitting their latest one has the least to do with the actual card game at all. :lol:

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

JayKay posted:

I really wish that Soda Dungeon had some type of cloud saving or backup mechanic. Had to reset my phone last night and lost all my progress.

I had that happen with my tablet last week. Lost all my progress in AdventureCapitalist. I played it since it was new, had all the special event badges and everything.

Oh well. AdventureCapitalist has became a meditation on impermanence.

(I have already started playing it again :suicide:)

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

I bought the Android version of Final Fantasy Tactics because even my Nexus 6P seems incapable of emulating the PSP version without slowdowns.

It appears the Android version does not support any kind of native resume feature, if you exit the app long enough that the state is removed from memory then you have to reload from your last formal save point.

Is there a workaround I am missing, or is the port just that lazy?

This makes it essentially impossible to play in short bursts, as you'll have to restart if you don't make it all the way to a save point.

Well poo poo, that sounds like a dealbeaker for me. :(

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Hitman GO and Lara Croft GO are on sale for 80% off, while Hitman Sniper is 90% off.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

mrkillboy posted:

Hitman GO and Lara Croft GO are on sale for 80% off, while Hitman Sniper is 90% off.

Thanks! Looking for new stuff. Picked these up.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrkillboy posted:

I'm showing $0.99, is that the sale price?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Yes

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

New Leaf posted:

Yes, they're typically $5.

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!

Rapner posted:

Polygamy simulator Age of Procreation DX is pretty fun and funny.

This is a good recommendation. A unique twist on the management genre, and pretty amusing. Haven't paid for the unlocked version, but I enjoyed the base well enough.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Picked up Lara Croft Go. Great game.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

FadedReality posted:

I tried Tap Tycoon. It's AdVenture Capitalist reskinned plus an artifact system like Clicker Heroes/Tap Titans but called Technologies. Not really any ingame info on how you get more past the 3 I got on the first prestige. After doubling my wealth and prestiging twice more with no more artifacts I'm bored. It has nearly 800 upgrades for your buildings and powerups. Stick with your current favorite idler there's nothing new on offer here.

e: also the Tap Titans community is pretty upset because the updates on that game have slowed to a crawl and then out pops this game instead.

Yeah, it's not amazing but at least it's actually viable to leave it idling in the background. Unlike Titans, where the gold you'd earn by idling for a week is the same as what you'd get for tapping down like three monsters. As far as I can tell the upgrade card things come based on the levels (from the bar at the top) that you acquire. Something like one every 10 levels or so? I dunno. The game really doesn't explain itself well.

I can kind of understand why the fans would be miffed, after waiting ages for some updates to Titans, this game comes along with QoL features like one tap max level buying that Titans has needed ever since it was released.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I uninstalled tap titans like a year ago and never looked back. I have been playing The Monolith again recently. They updated to add heroes you can buy with monolith shards, and upgrades like ability to have your army keep fighting when the game's not open, so now it's possible to play it more idly and try to buy all the upgrades and heroes.

They also patched it to give 1k beast fragments when you kill the beast instead of just 200.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
More sales: all the Goat Simulator games are 99 cents, as are all the Anomaly games. Also Rayman Fiesta Run is 25 cents, while Star Wars Pinball 3 is a measly 10 cents.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

mrkillboy posted:

More sales: all the Goat Simulator games are 99 cents, as are all the Anomaly games. Also Rayman Fiesta Run is 25 cents, while Star Wars Pinball 3 is a measly 10 cents.

Oh drat that's by the Pinball FX 2 people too so you know it's probably a quality pinball game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

FadedReality posted:

Oh drat that's by the Pinball FX 2 people too so you know it's probably a quality pinball game.

It's crazy to me how I just downloaded something that has hours and hours of work put into it, for the cost of driving by my local Wal-Mart. :psyduck:

The future is now.

EvilElmo
May 10, 2009

FadedReality posted:

0.10c to get the game to buy more stuff to make it playable. Why is this worth $2 normally?

Solvency
Apr 28, 2008

Trade, sir! Discover it! This is you, this is a clue. Get a clue, discover trade!
Sproggiwood is on sale again for $4.99, so I finally picked it up. I've only heard good things about it, so I'll be interested to see if it was worth the money.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
It's a good game, but to be fair, it takes very little to be worth $5.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
More sales: Framed and Monument Valley are 99 cents, Riptide 2 is 50 cents, This War of Mine is $4.50, down from $15.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

How is this war of mine on a phone vs tablet?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Snowmankilla posted:

How is this war of mine on a phone vs tablet?

They updated the UI so everything is bigger and much easier to read, but personally I find it a bit cluttered for my liking. Gameplay is exactly the same.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe
Putting Sproggiwood up for sale 50% off through the new year. Happy holidays!

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
I don't know when they started it, but you can pay with google play credit and credit card on the same transaction now. Just a heads up for anyone trying to get in on the sales, but don't have enough fun bucks yet.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

mrkillboy posted:

More sales: Framed and Monument Valley are 99 cents, Riptide 2 is 50 cents, This War of Mine is $4.50, down from $15.

Framed was an absolute blast.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Even more sales: OTTTD, Mickey Mouse Castle of Illusion, Modern Combat 4 and Joe Danger are down to 99 cents, while the first episode of Minecraft: Story Mode is now 10 cents. Also a bunch of Kemco RPGs are 99 cents.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Lara Croft Go is pretty fun, but the puzzling is pretty simple until the final set of stages with the crystal monsters. Not as braindead as Monument Valley, but still rather easy. The last set of stages also sort of play around with expected puzzling logic too, which was fun. (as in like, looking at the elements and figuring out the order to do things based on placement/adding stuff in that isn't necessarily used in the solution) I also like that when replying stages to get any missed treasures you can just exit out after tapping the pots instead of needing to complete the stage again.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
Anybody who can recommend me some good strategy/wargames you can play on a 'droid phone?

I loved the Tiller wargames and played Xcom until i can beat it blindfolded

edit: hoplite owned too

edit: Anyone played Ravenmark or Skulls of the Shogun?

George Rouncewell fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 23, 2015

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
If you have an Android device that can play XCOM, Shadowrun: Dragonfall might be a good bet.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Potsticker posted:

Lara Croft Go is pretty fun, but the puzzling is pretty simple until the final set of stages with the crystal monsters. Not as braindead as Monument Valley, but still rather easy. The last set of stages also sort of play around with expected puzzling logic too, which was fun. (as in like, looking at the elements and figuring out the order to do things based on placement/adding stuff in that isn't necessarily used in the solution) I also like that when replying stages to get any missed treasures you can just exit out after tapping the pots instead of needing to complete the stage again.

Yeah I'm in the second stage at the moment, and its definitely not as challenging as Hitman Go but I think it's more fun to play, its really well put together.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Lara Croft is really cool. I haven't played the Hitman one, might get that too sometime. The tap a jar hidden behind a tree treasure hunt part isn't very exciting to me, aside from unlocking the classic leather jacket/shades outfit from the 90s TR series. The actual puzzles are great though: they aren't mind-benders, but they did a good job designing everything so it's easy for the player to discover the tricks to winning. I just finished the first boss fight and it was actually super rad and Tomb Raider-y feeling, despite being a turn based puzzle game on my 4" cell phone screen.

p.s. I've died a few times on purpose because a lot of the traps are laid out in a "well what did you think would happen if you did that?" way and the result looked funnier than the 90 seconds I'd waste replaying that section. Sorry for intentionally crushing you with a giant Indiana Jones boulder, tiny Lara :v:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Illegal Username posted:

Anybody who can recommend me some good strategy/wargames you can play on a 'droid phone?

I loved the Tiller wargames and played Xcom until i can beat it blindfolded

edit: hoplite owned too

edit: Anyone played Ravenmark or Skulls of the Shogun?
Skulls of the Shogun is solid and has a great charming aesthetic, especially if you're fond of Genndy Tartakovsky's Dexter and Samurai Jack.

It's a little like XCOM except everything is free-moving rather than grid based, but their movement and attacks are limited by action point totals. Most attacks knock back enemies which allows you to push them out of the way to send in fast troops to hit soft targets, or simply knock them off a cliff or the like. You can also lock your own characters together so they can't be pushed around, by standing them close enough together, the tutorial explains it pretty simply and you can usually take or leave it. There are some fun magic units, and interesting interaction with your surroundings like using trees as cover etc.

I like it, I'm terrible at it, but I enjoyed it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Man, I love the Appsales app, but it's temptinge with so many games! I just really want either GTA:Chinatown Wars, or Minecraft PE, and they're never on sale :negative:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
god that floor x700 boss in soda dungeon is stupid. every time, you have to sink a couple runs into getting enough essence to pump your fighters to the point where they can beat the guy.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

god that floor x700 boss in soda dungeon is stupid. every time, you have to sink a couple runs into getting enough essence to pump your fighters to the point where they can beat the guy.

Not sure how far along you are, but once you get a ways into the warrior dimension endless run, you can stop doing this and just start pumping up your dark mages to the point where they can kill him in one round. I don't recall exactly where it was, but if it helps to gauge things at all my fighter relic is at level 70, so apparently after that point I no longer needed it. Possibly could have done it earlier if I'd focused more on DMs to start with instead of trying to make thieves and crit damage work.

Also the dev has said that the 700 boss is going to lose that ability for endless runs in the next patch, whenever that finally comes out.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Lutha Mahtin posted:

I just finished the first boss fight and it was actually super rad and Tomb Raider-y feeling, despite being a turn based puzzle game on my 4" cell phone screen.

The boss fight was surprisingly well done. After all the build up I was starting to doubt there would be anything other than an end of stage animation.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

BobTheJanitor posted:

Not sure how far along you are, but once you get a ways into the warrior dimension endless run, you can stop doing this and just start pumping up your dark mages to the point where they can kill him in one round. I don't recall exactly where it was, but if it helps to gauge things at all my fighter relic is at level 70, so apparently after that point I no longer needed it. Possibly could have done it earlier if I'd focused more on DMs to start with instead of trying to make thieves and crit damage work.

Also the dev has said that the 700 boss is going to lose that ability for endless runs in the next patch, whenever that finally comes out.

I just passed floor 3700. My DMs are pumped to level 100 and I have super pumped up the ATK and magic attack relics too. Still not enough to slaughter him on the first go. Good to hear they're patching it out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I just passed floor 3700. My DMs are pumped to level 100 and I have super pumped up the ATK and magic attack relics too. Still not enough to slaughter him on the first go. Good to hear they're patching it out though.

You can get it way earlier than that, I gave up trying to use fighters on 1700. You'll very quickly get to the point where you have enough damage to 1 shot bosses that are several thousand levels higher than you can you can autobattle without worrying about it.