Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Ah so the back AT-AT on Sullust kills you if you try to Tow cable it. :dice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I don't know if the UI actually tells you this or not, but you can still turn on the jammer when you are towing an AT-AT. Saved my life and won us the game on Tatooine.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Siets posted:

Whoever said Heroes vs. Villains was the best mode for double points weekend was spot on. Just had a single game where I scored 37,000 points / 3,700 credits. :stare:

I'd be all over that poo poo except it totally loving ruins any respectable K/D, and yeah yeah, play the objective, but I do like a nice K/D too.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

MorsAnima posted:

I'd be all over that poo poo except it totally loving ruins any respectable K/D, and yeah yeah, play the objective, but I do like a nice K/D too.

CoD gamer 4 lyfe! :pcgaming:

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

MorsAnima posted:

That is why you fail.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

MorsAnima posted:

Hero Hunt is even worse.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Steve Vader posted:

Ah, okay. I'll have to look into how to turn that on if it's not already. Although it's not like anybody in these games stays still long enough to properly lock on.

Which blaster are you using? They all have different Dps or rof and finding your stride can all come down to picking the right one for you

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MorsAnima posted:

I swear to god 90% of my team on pod capture is nowhere to be found and I will still stand a 25% chance of being top 3 highest kills and highest points

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

When does double xp end?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Holy poo poo, Bounty Hunter with the Bowcaster! I've been playing with that setup for the past little bit, but somehow it really clicked tonight.

Went 60-8 or there shouts for 5 straight rounds of WA with a couple goons. One game on Jakku I think I went 40-0 by the 2nd set of uplinks.

It's also really highlighted how important Pulse Scan is for this setup. Spamming that between kills allows you to plan your next kill(s) for those sweet sweet pub is tears.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Alan Smithee posted:

Which blaster are you using? They all have different Dps or rof and finding your stride can all come down to picking the right one for you

I'm changing up. Right now I'm trying to finish the Targeting Rifle challenge (which sadly doesn't seem to count as a 'long range' rifle, so I have to do that challenge separately), so I'm doing a bit more sniping. I'm getting better. The game can easily feel like a lot of running around to find something to shoot at and then getting killed before you get a chance to do something.

Are the power-ups / hero-ups / ship-ups and such always in the same spots, or do they move periodically?

And the Bowcaster is in the game? I must not have unlocked it yet.

What's the speculation on DLC? Anyone thinking there will be a lot more TFA stuff?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

You need to be level 32 to use the bowcaster (iirc), and it's a card that has a cooldown.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

fancy sauces posted:

Heroes vs. Villains also has tons of charge powerups lying around. It's also clearly the best game mode because I had the most amazing Luke vs Boba Endor cat and mouse game last night. Ended with me shooting him in the back in a swamp. No one runs from the Boba.

Siets posted:

Whoever said Heroes vs. Villains was the best mode for double points weekend was spot on. Just had a single game where I scored 37,000 points / 3,700 credits. :stare:
I can attest that Heroes vs. Villains is secretly the best mode in the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1QZxzymuNU

It's probably really unbalanced though

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tekopo posted:

I'm actually doing well in most matches now, but that seems mostly because of unlocking the right tools. I'm usually going for upgraded jump pack, upgraded grenade and personal shield. I'm basically a guided missile for the objective.

Until this post I assumed those black cards were something that just unlocked later. This game doesn't do a very good job of explaining how to make your character better.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Was pretty miffed to see the DLC not on sale I tell ya what. Oh well much like everything with this game it only feels half flushed out.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Steve Vader posted:

I'm changing up. Right now I'm trying to finish the Targeting Rifle challenge (which sadly doesn't seem to count as a 'long range' rifle, so I have to do that challenge separately), so I'm doing a bit more sniping. I'm getting better. The game can easily feel like a lot of running around to find something to shoot at and then getting killed before you get a chance to do something.

Are the power-ups / hero-ups / ship-ups and such always in the same spots, or do they move periodically?

And the Bowcaster is in the game? I must not have unlocked it yet.

What's the speculation on DLC? Anyone thinking there will be a lot more TFA stuff?

I had a weird thing going where I would unlock new stuff like the DLT (Mg42) and swear by it for a bit after feeling like I'd get more kills. Then I would start to feel its shortcomings letting me down when things get heavy (in the DLT's case it's just weak damage per shot). Then I would get the T-21 which is the antithesis and the SW equivalent of an M1 garand or something and feel like a marksman. And then for whatever reason started feeling like I couldn't really use it in close quarter encounters. Then you get the RT-97 which is the DLT except better in every way and feel like you kick rear end, but then not before long I felt the same as I did the DLT again.

Eventually I gave the EE-3 a shot and for me personally it's the most flexible weapon for both long range and CQB. I wasn't crazy about the burst originally but now I feel like instead of praying and spraying like most weapons I actually get what I put in with it damage wise. There are days when I feel like it's too weak for some ngagements but that's when I'm not hitting them with the entire burst. It's not for everyone, and a lot of people just like using pistols , the DH-17 is practically easy mode in that regard

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
Found out that speeder bikes on Endor can kill a full health hero in one hit

That was a fun discovery

I was the Emperor

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

I had a weird thing going where I would unlock new stuff like the DLT (Mg42) and swear by it for a bit after feeling like I'd get more kills. Then I would start to feel its shortcomings letting me down when things get heavy (in the DLT's case it's just weak damage per shot). Then I would get the T-21 which is the antithesis and the SW equivalent of an M1 garand or something and feel like a marksman. And then for whatever reason started feeling like I couldn't really use it in close quarter encounters. Then you get the RT-97 which is the DLT except better in every way and feel like you kick rear end, but then not before long I felt the same as I did the DLT again.

Eventually I gave the EE-3 a shot and for me personally it's the most flexible weapon for both long range and CQB. I wasn't crazy about the burst originally but now I feel like instead of praying and spraying like most weapons I actually get what I put in with it damage wise. There are days when I feel like it's too weak for some ngagements but that's when I'm not hitting them with the entire burst. It's not for everyone, and a lot of people just like using pistols , the DH-17 is practically easy mode in that regard
I went through this exact transition except I moved on from the EE3 to the E-11 because it just felt a tiny bit weak.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Double XP weekend just ended. I couldn't play as much as I wanted but I got to level 28, so not much left to get to the bowcaster.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ravenfood posted:

I went through this exact transition except I moved on from the EE3 to the E-11 because it just felt a tiny bit weak.

Yeah the E-11 is a damage vs accuracy tradeoff

If I could get the EE3's accuracy and the E-11's damage that would pretty much wreck everything in sight

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I stick exclusively to the SE 14c. It stinks at range but that 5 shot burst is so incredible close up. It's nice to have range sometimes that the other guns provide but in general I'd rather be fighting around the objectives anyways so having a close combat weapon keeps me disciplined in that regard. And if I want a ranged option on a particular map I can just grab the pulse rifle anyways.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I caught the tail-end of the doublescore weekend, which clashed with my work schedule. Hit rank 36, unlocked the scout trooper and Boba Fett for my diorama, and bought out the last of the star cards. Now just torn between upgrading some of those star cards and saving towards those tasty level 40 cosmetic unlocks.

I tell you, with 33 hours on the clock for MP alone, this game still blows me away. After a couple of hours I get that sated feeling, and I'm done with the game. Then a day or two later I come back and play a couple of games each on 4 or 5 different modes and it's as fresh and magical as it was the first time. It's pretty much a perfect game to play between other stuff, just dip in and pew pew for a bit and then move on. Repeat as required. To hell with the negativity, there is absolutely a place in my life for a Star Wars game that is exactly like this.

Seeing a lot more rebel aliens on the battlefield now, and lots of players with a full hand of black star cards. Impressively, I'm still finding that I'm being killed by a pretty even distribution of guns even from those higher level guys. Maybe it helps that I play a healthy balance of large and small game modes, which I feel is the best way to enjoy this game, but I get shot by the A280c as much as I do by the T21, or the DL-44, or the SE-14c. Everyone seems to be finding their favoured weapon that suits them, and they all seem to be performing pretty well.

There are still some things that need a balance pass in this game, but we've already seen an almost overnight drop in explosion spam so I expect to see continued improvements to tweak and refine as we go along. For a game that's an online-only multiplayer shooter, I'm amazed at how much time I've already lost to it, and at how happy I am at the thought of continuing to give it more in the future.

Eh, contentless post, but gently caress it I like this game a lot and I felt the need to say that again.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.
Yep, seeing more rebel aliens and black troopers. More bowcasters too (disclaimer: i'm one of them) grrr.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Star Wars: Scan Pulse

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

MorsAnima posted:

Yep, seeing more rebel aliens and black troopers. More bowcasters too (disclaimer: i'm one of them) grrr.

Im still a bit confused as to how or when to properly use the bowcaster.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
I haven't gotten my hands on the bow caster yet but I saw an imp use one take out 3 dudes on my team with one shot (including me :( )

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!

spiralbrain posted:

At the apex of a jump jet arc.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

spiralbrain posted:

I've been having trouble myself. Here's what I've come to understand about it so far:

-Each bolt seems to do 50 damage. In order to get a 1-shot kill, you need to land 2 bolts. Aim between 2 of the 5 dots for the best chance at this happening.

-Bolts don't do their max 50 damage unless they are charged fully. I think this means when it goes from white dots to red dots. Have not tested this fully and may be incorrect here.

-Bolts explode and do a small AoE damage blast, so you don't have to directly hit the target with them. This is why it is so popular to jump pack over the heads of your targets because you can shoot the ground and get AoE splash damage from 2 bolts and get that 1-shot kill.

Thread, let me know if I'm wrong here. I'm trying to get better at bowcaster and these are just my own personal observations so far.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010

Siets posted:

I've been having trouble myself. Here's what I've come to understand about it so far:

-Each bolt seems to do 50 damage. In order to get a 1-shot kill, you need to land 2 bolts. Aim between 2 of the 5 dots for the best chance at this happening.

-Bolts don't do their max 50 damage unless they are charged fully. I think this means when it goes from white dots to red dots. Have not tested this fully and may be incorrect here.

-Bolts explode and do a small AoE damage blast, so you don't have to directly hit the target with them. This is why it is so popular to jump pack over the heads of your targets because you can shoot the ground and get AoE splash damage from 2 bolts and get that 1-shot kill.

Thread, let me know if I'm wrong here. I'm trying to get better at bowcaster and these are just my own personal observations so far.

Mostly right. Just jump pack and fire between the middle two dots at the floor near someone, they'll die. Aiming from the ground is harder, aim for their feet. Never actually aim at someone, because the bolts explode on contact at their feet, effectively meaning you can't miss. Overall, it's a cheesy weapon and it feels cheap to use, but it's killer effective.

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

^^ Thanks for the info!

Medium Cool posted:

I haven't gotten my hands on the bow caster yet but I saw an imp use one take out 3 dudes on my team with one shot (including me :( )

Yeah this is the approach I've been taking, using it to (try) to take out large groups at the same time, but apparently I suck at it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I haven't gotten good with the bowcaster yet either. It seems like it's best used as a close range weapon, but you have to charge it up to get any use out of it, which is hard to do when you're close and getting shot at. I suppose that's why people blast up into the air and then fire it, but I haven't mastered that technique yet. Maybe I just need more practice.

I did have one hilarious thing happen with the bowcaster. I was playing Endor in the third phase as Rebels and I was walking around near the left point when all of a sudden Boba Fett lands right in front of me. I had a fully charged bowcaster and let it loose at him at point blank range and it killed him. He was pretty pissed about it and complained in chat. I'm guessing he must have had quite a bit of health before getting killed by it. No idea if it can one shot heroes or not at close range but it definitely hosed him up.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I never seem to get dropped into full games and I always seem to hit an empty game where I get to wait for it to fill. Is there an option to join any map that currently has space available?

Tacos Al Pastor
Jun 20, 2003

I see absolutely no one using the scout pistol. Is it really that useless?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Ginette Reno posted:

I haven't gotten good with the bowcaster yet either. It seems like it's best used as a close range weapon, but you have to charge it up to get any use out of it, which is hard to do when you're close and getting shot at. I suppose that's why people blast up into the air and then fire it, but I haven't mastered that technique yet. Maybe I just need more practice.

I did have one hilarious thing happen with the bowcaster. I was playing Endor in the third phase as Rebels and I was walking around near the left point when all of a sudden Boba Fett lands right in front of me. I had a fully charged bowcaster and let it loose at him at point blank range and it killed him. He was pretty pissed about it and complained in chat. I'm guessing he must have had quite a bit of health before getting killed by it. No idea if it can one shot heroes or not at close range but it definitely hosed him up.

It took me awhile to get used to the bowcaster, but it is worth the effort to learn cause it completely wrecks face. It's now my most used weapon. The trick, as others have said, is to aim at the feet of people, which makes the jumpjets almost mandatory for the bowcaster. Another thing that helps a ton is the scan pulse. Use that to line up your shots and pre-charge your caster before facing enemy fire.

In my experience, it does pretty good damage to heroes, but it will not out right 1-hit kill them. I was, however, killing fools in heroes vs villains the other night with the bowcaster and explosive shot. Open up with a fully charged caster shot and finish them with explosive SE-14C rounds :getin:

Unfortunately, I fear the bowcaster is going to get hit hard by the nerf bat pretty soon. I've seen a LOT of people running it in the larger modes. I'm talking watching the enemy team launch five jumpjet bowcaster combos in the span of 3 seconds kind of over-saturation. Not to mention getting level 3 bounty hunter with it is hilarious and broken. I would recommend trying out the combo before DICE makes it useless, like the barrage and impact grenades.

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I've actually given up BH and gone back to scout. BH3 combos are fun when you get them, but the first two levels of BH are trash, random powerups pale compared to radar invisibility.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I haven't had much luck/fun with the bowcaster but I'm sure seeing a lot of other people using it right now. I'm not dying to it excessively, but it looks like quite a few people have seen the bounty hunter/jet pack/bowcaster videos and they all want to try it.

spiralbrain posted:

I see absolutely no one using the scout pistol. Is it really that useless?

It's actually pretty good. Trouble is you only have two card slots, and you very quickly get a lot of other options to put into those slots. Even if it were the third best star card... well, y'know.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Parkingtigers posted:

It's actually pretty good. Trouble is you only have two card slots, and you very quickly get a lot of other options to put into those slots. Even if it were the third best star card... well, y'know.

Agreed. Sometimes I slip it into my hand before the match starts if 1) I know I'm not gonna be jump-packing around and 2) I'm running a more longer-range primary. In other words, if you're running a pistol or the jawa shotgun, there's no reason to equip the scout pistol.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

It took me awhile to get used to the bowcaster, but it is worth the effort to learn cause it completely wrecks face. It's now my most used weapon. The trick, as others have said, is to aim at the feet of people, which makes the jumpjets almost mandatory for the bowcaster. Another thing that helps a ton is the scan pulse. Use that to line up your shots and pre-charge your caster before facing enemy fire.

In my experience, it does pretty good damage to heroes, but it will not out right 1-hit kill them. I was, however, killing fools in heroes vs villains the other night with the bowcaster and explosive shot. Open up with a fully charged caster shot and finish them with explosive SE-14C rounds :getin:

Unfortunately, I fear the bowcaster is going to get hit hard by the nerf bat pretty soon. I've seen a LOT of people running it in the larger modes. I'm talking watching the enemy team launch five jumpjet bowcaster combos in the span of 3 seconds kind of over-saturation. Not to mention getting level 3 bounty hunter with it is hilarious and broken. I would recommend trying out the combo before DICE makes it useless, like the barrage and impact grenades.

I may have to give it another shot over vacation. I've tried it with jet pack/bounty hunter already, but I wasn't doing so well with it. I'll have to try the foot aiming technique.

My previous favorite kit was jet pack/shield/impact grenade but since they nerfed impacts I haven't bothered with them any more. Honestly good ole thermal detonators are still a solid option for WA.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Just read an article that says the Han Solo gun is ruining the game by being overpowered. Is that true? I just unlocked the thing.

vvv I mean the Han Solo-style pistol you can unlock and use, not the actual Han Solo character. Also, I saw a clip of a guy who was getting his trait bonuses super-fast. Is that what the deal is with upgrading them? You don't have to get 10-kill streaks or whatever to get the bonuses?

Steve Vader fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Steve Vader posted:

Just read an article that says the Han Solo gun is ruining the game by being overpowered. Is that true? I just unlocked the thing.

Ruining the game? Eh, that's a stretch. It is far and away the best hero power though and breaks Heroes vs. Villains pretty badly. The DPS output of his gun when he presses 2 is absolutely insane. The charge shot, if you are good at landing it, is also equally devastating.

• Locked thread