Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Steven Jackson reportedly signing with the Patriots today.
Get... get in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Vargo posted:

Steven Jackson reportedly signing with the Patriots today.
Get... get in?

Just picked him up and dropped Travis Benjamin. Worth a shot at least.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
If you have a Week 17 championship and Jackson both gets touches and looks competent this week then MAYBE you start him in the finals in a pinch.

No way in hell I would ever consider playing him in Week 16 though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
What the hell do I do with Rodgers next week? I'm happy to still get to care, but Rodgers @ Arizona is not what I want to ride. Tyrod v Dallas is almost certainly better, yeah?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
If OBJ misses a game then I gotta slide Michael Floyd in, which is okay I guess.

Not looking forward to deciding on an RB2 + Flex out of the following guys on my bench:

Hightower (A happy YES if he gets fed again this week)
McFadden (Dude keeps putting up respectable 10-12 pt games..)
Gore (getting fed, but looking bad)
Draughn (fed.. on a bad team, maybe an injury?)
Bolden (risky even without Stephen Jackson signing)
D Robinson (drop this week if Yeldon comes back)

All the Seahawks are out there. Of course, Woodhead got scooped up after I dropped him this week and then put up 33 pts. gently caress San Diego's coaches.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Gobias Ind. posted:

If you have a Week 17 championship and Jackson both gets touches and looks competent this week then MAYBE you start him in the finals in a pinch.

No way in hell I would ever consider playing him in Week 16 though.

It's a gamble, no doubt. Any Patriots RB is. But Tom Brady also needs someone to throw to, Jackson can catch passes, and I have Brady. Beats gnashing my teeth watching Lacy.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I should be playing in the championship next week but no my commish changing it to an 8 team playoff (he was the 5 seed, HMMMMM) means I have to get through next week AND somehow win the garbage week that is week 17

Oh well, still won the regular season with both the most points scored and fewest points against, that's pretty funny

I have Bortles ready to go bananas on the Saints except he has Hurns, gently caress me

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Intruder posted:

I should be playing in the championship next week but no my commish changing it to an 8 team playoff (he was the 5 seed, HMMMMM) means I have to get through next week AND somehow win the garbage week that is week 17

Oh well, still won the regular season with both the most points scored and fewest points against, that's pretty funny

I have Bortles ready to go bananas on the Saints except he has Hurns, gently caress me
why do so many of you people have such shitheads in charge of your leagues

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

It's a gamble, no doubt. Any Patriots RB is. But Tom Brady also needs someone to throw to, Jackson can catch passes, and I have Brady. Beats gnashing my teeth watching Lacy.

I'd easily start Lacy over Jackson.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
If OBJ is suspended I guess I'd have to start Sammy Watkins in his place. Shouldn't be a bad replacement, he's had a good few weeks in a row.

My opponent needs Drew Brees and Megatron to combine for 135 points tonight to beat me!

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
I'm knocked out of one playoff, through in another, and in my 3rd and most important need 28 from Hightower and Megatron. Unlikely but possible enough that I've been tense all day...

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The Aguamoose posted:

I'm knocked out of one playoff, through in another, and in my 3rd and most important need 28 from Hightower and Megatron. Unlikely but possible enough that I've been tense all day...

That's totally plausible.

Like, not even a stretch really.

Which means it won't happen because fantasy football. Sorry for your loss :(.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
So I made the second round of the playoffs in all 6 of my leagues (3 via bye weeks, 3 by winning the first playoff round), by far my best season of FF ever. 4 of my teams are already out of it, a fifth need Stafford and Tate to literally do nothing, and the only team I have that is going to make the championship game has OBJ in it. gently caress FF.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Ah poo poo. I need Megatron, Cooks, and Prater to score 58 points in .5PPR with bonuses AND THEN out score Golden Tate. I think I'm hosed.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."

BonoMan posted:

That's totally plausible.

Like, not even a stretch really.

Which means it won't happen because fantasy football. Sorry for your loss :(.

Exactly, you know what's going on. This has been a week of 'that's fantasy!'. My playoff loss was my ridiculously stacked team that was only beaten once all season. The one that got through was in the league I accidentally joined and got auto drafted, and early on I dropped what turned out to be the best pick the auto draft made in freeman. In the league in limbo, I've already outscored everybody in the league this week... Except my opponent.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So my 6-7 team is now in the finals off the back of David Johnson.

Please let me win so i shame the league.

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Look at this poo poo :(

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm on the left:

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Dec 21, 2015

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Torn MCL for Shady

And a torn ACL for the honey badger for you IDPers.

Gobias Ind. fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 21, 2015

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Torn MCL for Shady

And a torn ACL for the honey badger for you IDPers.

This entire goddamned season is a dumpster fire. Can we just cancel it, give everyone their money back and just all go home?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The guy I'm playing in the final has Shady and neither Karlos nor Gillislee. Fantasy Gods I thank you.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Jose Valasquez posted:

Need Cooks and Watson to score 31.1 tonight :ohdear:

I need them to score less than 7

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Even if OBJ gets suspended he will likely appeal, pushing his suspension back by long enough that he could play Week 16.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
I need Megatron and Snead to put up a combined 20-25pts.

I'm down by 9, and he has Hightower going tonight.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
it's rueben randle's time to shine

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Poonerman posted:

it's rueben randle's time to shine

THAT'S HAKEEM NICKS' MUSIC

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Varg posted:

why do so many of you people have such shitheads in charge of your leagues

We need a manifesto for next years OP

1. Make sure the commissioner is not a shithead
2. Don't play in leagues with a week 17 playoffs
3. Don't play in 10-12 man leagues where 8 teams make the playoffs
4. Don't allow votes for trade vetoes, have the commissioner do it (this is contingent on making sure #1 is fulfilled
5. Waiver systems: FAAB > rolling list > weekly reset > nothing
6. Everyone pays fees before the draft
7. Use fractional points

There's probably some other things, but I think this would fix 98% of people's problems

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
Its going to kill me if I lose this. That was before the pick 6 so now he's at 150.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Does that mean you have 4 more points for Johnson? He finished with 187

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

coronaball posted:

We need a manifesto for next years OP

1. Make sure the commissioner is not a shithead
2. Don't play in leagues with a week 17 playoffs
3. Don't play in 10-12 man leagues where 8 teams make the playoffs
4. Don't allow votes for trade vetoes, have the commissioner do it (this is contingent on making sure #1 is fulfilled
5. Waiver systems: FAAB > rolling list > weekly reset > nothing
6. Everyone pays fees before the draft
7. Use fractional points

There's probably some other things, but I think this would fix 98% of people's problems

8. No kickers
9. IDP is superior
10. Trade deadline at or before the playoffs
11. If an owner goes AWOL, commissioner sets his lineup from his bench according to player rankings on <a site> or projected points or some other unbiased system
12. Don't play in a work league against your boss unless you're certain that crushing your boss in fantasy football won't be an issue

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

#12 was going to be an issue for me because I was taking on the manager of my division in my office... Until David Johnson. Dodged a bullet I guess?

To add:
13. If your league is fewer than 10 people, 2 QBs.
14. Rule changes BEFORE THE DRAFT or not at all. If they are for a keeper league, announce before the draft to go into effect the next season.
15. Give the consolation bracket something to play for

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Spoeank posted:

The guy I'm playing in the final has Shady and neither Karlos nor Gillislee. Fantasy Gods I thank you.

Same for me.

Pretty sure I'm going to be in the finals, my opponent only needs 103 points from Hightower and Johnson. (Opponent went 11-2 behind Stewart, Rawls, Dalton, and picked up Yates to replace Dalton...).

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
OBJ suspended

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Intruder posted:

Does that mean you have 4 more points for Johnson? He finished with 187

Yeah. I need 111 yards, or 51 and a td from brandon cooks to win this when I had the points on my bench.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Franks Happy Place posted:

Even if OBJ gets suspended he will likely appeal, pushing his suspension back by long enough that he could play Week 16.

Do you think he'd do that and risk being out for a conference game in week 17 or a possible playoff game? Giants kinda need to win out, but the game against the eagles is still kinda more important.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

If he thinks there's any chance he could win his appeal, he'll appeal. Otherwise, dunno.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I hope so. I want him to play next week.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Apparently he is indeed appealing but they're going to do an expedited hearing so it will be decided before Week 16.

If I had to guess I'd say they uphold the suspension. :doh:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With Shady out, are the Bills going go to a committee or will Karlos be lead?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Franks Happy Place posted:

Apparently he is indeed appealing but they're going to do an expedited hearing so it will be decided before Week 16.

If I had to guess I'd say they uphold the suspension. :doh:

If they don't uphold the suspension I'll be shocked. I mean he went head to head after a defenseless player AFTER the play was over.

• Locked thread