Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

CJacobs posted:

I looked up how to save/transfer screenshots on console and it looked like a hassle, and so I am most excited for PC because it means I can show everybody screenshots of my arisen in mid-backflip on fire on top of a giant angry gorilla-demon.

Huh? On ps3 you just plug a flash drive in and transfer stuff over. I never did it because I never really took any screenshots worth saving/posting, but you can't really get much more simple than that.

Maybe it's different on 360 or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Allow me to rephrase: I am most excited for PC because it means I can show everybody screenshots of my arisen in mid-backflip on fire on top of a giant angry gorilla-demon, without the game's logo and letterboxing (edit: and inexplicable copyright info) obscuring a third of the screen.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Allow me to rephrase: I am most excited for PC because it means I can show everybody screenshots of my arisen in mid-backflip on fire on top of a giant angry gorilla-demon, without the game's logo and letterboxing (edit: and inexplicable copyright info) obscuring a third of the screen.

Don't forget the JPEG compression blobs.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Not to mention how incredibly easy it is to make gif/gfy videos using Shadowplay and gifcam. I can have a high res replay ready to link within 5 minutes of a badass event happening.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Why can't this game be out already. :smith:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

Huh? On ps3 you just plug a flash drive in and transfer stuff over. I never did it because I never really took any screenshots worth saving/posting, but you can't really get much more simple than that.

Maybe it's different on 360 or something?
on xbox you had to upload to a linked facebook account, which then automatically uploaded + posted it on the account
it took a long time and was a pain in the rear end

Genocyber posted:

Why can't this game be out already. :smith:

jan 15 is too far
too loving far

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Got it from greenman today. My dangan's are loaded. Ready to fly free.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Ramc posted:

The dangan was in us all along.

Dexo posted:

Isn't Dangan japanese for bullet.

Please call a doctor.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Ramc posted:

I realized that this is the same thread from like 2 years ago and went through my post history for a walk down memory lane.

Implicate is really good.

Implicate is one of those excellent skills to put on the exceedingly rare support strider pawn. Also pretty loving fun to pull off yourself, planting a bunch of Greater Goblins or Hellhounds on their butts so they stop spamming their incessant knockdowns. It also works on flyers, which is great for folks trying to stick with red classes.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

paco650 posted:

Implicate is one of those excellent skills to put on the exceedingly rare support strider pawn. Also pretty loving fun to pull off yourself, planting a bunch of Greater Goblins or Hellhounds on their butts so they stop spamming their incessant knockdowns. It also works on flyers, which is great for folks trying to stick with red classes.

Ramc from 2013 says that it even works to bring down Eliminators or Ogres, as they have vulnerable frames to it.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Ramc posted:

Ramc from 2013 says that it even works to bring down Eliminators or Ogres, as they have vulnerable frames to it.
correct, it's actually super broken vs minotaurs because of that- it's basically the only way to deal with them as a strider in bbi only challenge

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I didn't think to look for a goon thread when I was actively playing this game. I had an almost maxed out bestiary and 2 alternate accounts because nobody would hire my pawns.

And I'm still baffled at the idea of a PC release because while I really enjoy the game I don't think it's a very good one, and I feel like few people would really be able to overlook the flaws of the game and enjoy the very few aspects of the game that keep me coming back every few months. But I'd be very happy if the PC release gets love and people actually play it and hire pawns.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

argondamn posted:

I don't think it's a very good game

Nice to see your bad opinions continue outside of Souls games.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Ramc posted:

Please call a doctor.
The doctor told me to be sure to drink my iodine.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

argondamn posted:

I didn't think to look for a goon thread when I was actively playing this game. I had an almost maxed out bestiary and 2 alternate accounts because nobody would hire my pawns.

And I'm still baffled at the idea of a PC release because while I really enjoy the game I don't think it's a very good one, and I feel like few people would really be able to overlook the flaws of the game and enjoy the very few aspects of the game that keep me coming back every few months. But I'd be very happy if the PC release gets love and people actually play it and hire pawns.

What does this game lack in terms of an action rpg?

dPB
Aug 2, 2006
Captain Awesome
So where can I purchase into free from? I've looked at iTunes but it only has the official soundtrack which doesn't have that song. I do live in Australia so maybe that's why.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
I see someone made a Dragoon's Dogma steam group, can I get an invite? id: xDanith

Blacktoll posted:

What does this game lack in terms of an action rpg?

Umm.. randomized dungeons/areas (well, unless you count Everfall and the Dark Arisen area). Randomized loot?

This was my favorite game on the ps3 and it will be so great to play it without any slowdown.

I hope they redo New Game+ though, just felt boring to me because the monsters didn't increase in strength so you're just one shotting everything.

Danith fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 22, 2015

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Danith posted:

I see someone made a Dragoon's Dogma steam group, can I get an invite? id: xDanith

Umm.. randomized dungeons/areas (well, unless you count Everfall and the Dark Arisen area). Randomized loot?

This was my favorite game on the ps3 and it will be so great to play it without any slowdown.

I hope they redo New Game+ though, just felt boring to me because the monsters didn't increase in strength so you're just one shotting everything.

Given how open the community manager on Steam has been with information, I'd imagine that's something that would have been said if it were happening. Which is unfortunate.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Ramc posted:

I'm gonna try it on the little babby cyclops in Watergod's Altar. Strider is like the secretly fun starting class that dips in usefulness towards the middle but then shines again at master level with Implicate, Master Thief, Brain Splitter, and that one kung fu jump kick.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

dPB posted:

So where can I purchase into free from? I've looked at iTunes but it only has the official soundtrack which doesn't have that song. I do live in Australia so maybe that's why.

This link doesn't work for you?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/into-free-dangan-single/id511822436

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
So my original x360 finally RROD, which made me said. Goodnight sweet prince.

I got curious to see if DD was on PC and was pleasantly surprised to see it on Steam.

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 24, 2015

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Donkringel posted:

So my original x360 finally RROD, which made me said. Goodnight sweet prince.

I got curious to see if DD was on PC and was pleasantly surprised to see it on Steam. I've tried researching the PC version, but not having much luck. I've already pre-ordered it, but I'm curious, is there any enhancements/new stuff to the PC version?
questions answered: https://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/0/487877107137271918/

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Haha I found that and edited my post, but you were already responding! Thanks.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I wonder how rampant save editing will be, it's gonna be annoying seeing every single pawn with abyssinal.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
If they are lazy, the save files will all be in plain text and easily modded. If not, Cheat Engine, among other things, will of course be center stage.

But why hire random pawns anyway? The gear is one thing but their inclinations are more important. Most people won't figure out the system. If Millions is still around we can get a new goon spreadsheet up.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I find that the premade offline pawns are generally way more useful than the pool of random player pawns. They aren't all loving Guardian inclination, and you get slightly fewer half-naked 10-year old waifus with ultra high pitched voices. You end up finding one worthwhile party member out of every like, 20 pawns instead of every 100.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I mostly played with pawns made by other goons and aside from being horribly unbalanced (free level 100 pawns out the gate? Sure!) it was a good experience. I'm probably not going to minmax my pawn, but I am going to force feed him potions until his inclination is good.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

They can always check the pawn stats server-side to see if there are any blatant inconsistencies. It's been a while since I've played so I can't remember how locked down everything was per level or whether it gave the option to hire pawns with flagrantly out-of-place gear.

I liked hiring random player pawns, the job selection process and seeing whether a pawn was decent or a dud was part of the game's charm. Ignoring the ones that failed the dress code weeded out most of the dreck straight off.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Step 1: Hire level 200 goon pawn
Step 2: Play through boring part of the game
Step 3: BBI

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Mailer posted:

why are steps 2 & 3 the same

are there plans for a new thread for pc release? current op is more focused on showing off expac and includes berserk gear, etc

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Mailer posted:

Step 0: Go to BBI ASAP and never leave. It's more fun that way anyway.

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

why are steps 2 & 3 the same

are there plans for a new thread for pc release? current op is more focused on showing off expac and includes berserk gear, etc

If there's interest I'll probably make a new thread.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.
No one reads OPs anyway, and the game is exactly the same as the console release save the Berserk stuff, so why bother.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Im_Special posted:

No one reads OPs anyway, and the game is exactly the same as the console release save the Berserk stuff, so why bother.

This thread is 462 pages long the PC version will bring in lots of new players who won't want to read a 462 page thread, is one reason.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Genocyber posted:

Step 0: Go to BBI ASAP and never leave. It's more fun that way anyway.

I dunno, I find BBI to be kind of repetitive, but I know people say that about the core game, too. I like BBI a whole lot, but I wouldn't want it to be the only thing I do.

Speaking of BBI, though, I really hope there's some easy way to savescum for random chest drops. That's my biggest complaint about Dragon's Dogma: it bugs me that chests have random contents, especially in BBI, where you also have to identify what you find. Double random is a huge pain. Maybe someone will make a mod that makes any chest that can drop Bitterblack Gear always drop it so at least that part of the RNG is controlled.

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

CJacobs posted:

This thread is 462 pages long the PC version will bring in lots of new players who won't want to read a 462 page thread, is one reason.

The only pages that matter on any forum are the first and last. And basically nothing changed with the first. New players aren't going to read though 20, 30, or 200+ pages, it won't matter.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Make a new thread imo

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Agreed. New thread that lets people know a PC version has been released in the title is a good idea.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Harrow posted:

I dunno, I find BBI to be kind of repetitive, but I know people say that about the core game, too. I like BBI a whole lot, but I wouldn't want it to be the only thing I do.

BBI only challenge runs make it much less repetitive. Though of course, they're not something you want to do immediately. I found them good for additional content when I still wanted to play but got tired of the base game.

quote:

Speaking of BBI, though, I really hope there's some easy way to savescum for random chest drops. That's my biggest complaint about Dragon's Dogma: it bugs me that chests have random contents, especially in BBI, where you also have to identify what you find. Double random is a huge pain. Maybe someone will make a mod that makes any chest that can drop Bitterblack Gear always drop it so at least that part of the RNG is controlled.

BBI loot that you have to identify isn't double random (nor is it random, at least in the way you're probably thinking). What an item is is determined when you identify it, and what it is is somewhat fixed. Basically there's a list of things it goes through that's generated for your save file (and so is unique for each). So the first thing you identify will be from category A (as an example), then B, then C, etc. before eventually looping back around to the start. What specific item you get depends on what item you're purifying. So with save scumming you can game the system a little. You can't change what category you're getting the item from, but you can change which order you purify your loot in. So if your next purified item is from category E and you purify a lv.2 weapon thingy and it's bad, you can purify something else, than purify lv.2 weapon thingy and get the corresponding weapon in the next category, F. And there's lists of which items are in which category on GameFAQs ans such.

Not sure if that was clear or not. It makes more sense if you play around with it yourself.

Vargs posted:

Agreed. New thread that lets people know a PC version has been released in the title is a good idea.

Assuming no one beats me to it, anyone good a good title for the new thread?

Im_Special
Jan 2, 2011

Look At This!!! WOW!
It's F*cking Nothing.

Genocyber posted:

Assuming no one beats me to it, anyone good a good title for the new thread?

Dragon's Dogma: Grapple a Griffin in 4K, Slay a Cyclops in 4K, Climb a Cow in 4K, Pitch a Pig in 4K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Replace 4k with 60fps and that works for me.

Dunno if it fits

• Locked thread