Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

CelticPredator posted:

Still more than Captain Phasma did.

Well this was over two films so y'know since she is a returning character I'd say they probably will have her doing more things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Red posted:

True, but Ren could have just confronted him, and ordered him to get back to work. Instead, they stared at each other before Ren moved on. Ren has no real ability to lead.

I suspect there were some scenes cut where Finn was disciplined for failing to fire any shots during the attack on the village. Phasma asks him to "present his blaster for inspection," presumably after Ren noted his inaction and started poo poo rolling downhill.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I'll be long dead before Episode 8 comes out but I hope they give Phasma more to do. That costume is great and a legit Stormtrooper could make for an interesting character.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

I'll be long dead before Episode 8 comes out but I hope they give Phasma more to do. That costume is great and a legit Stormtrooper could make for an interesting character.

Whats wrong with you

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Sorry to hear that :( I will go see it in your honor in 18 months!

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Did they not talk about throwing her in a trash compactor? Maybe she's dead.

e: Nevermind, that'd be too easy to write her off.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

It's gonna be 100% BDSM fan fic.

Edit: Probably with the garbage compactor monster.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Triggs posted:

Did they not talk about throwing her in a trash compactor? Maybe she's dead.

A farm boy, a princess, a walking carpet, and a scruffy-looking nerf herder survived one, how much trouble could a badass chrome space soldier have?

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Film could've done without the Starkiller base being a quest object that is discussed and then almost immediately dealt with in the same movie.

It seems almost ridiculous to think now that the Empire (in different guises) have had 3 giant space stations destroyed thanks to a manufacturing defect.

Bearing in mind they nuked the whole planet-sized-base-that-makes-the-Death-Star-look-insignificant in as much time as it took to discuss how to do it, it made me wonder why finding Luke was even that important. It can't have just been important to Leia personally because the First Order lost their minds at the idea of a map to his location being out there.

So bearing in mind a ragtag group annihilated the whole base in a few hours - what greater threat could Luke pose to them?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I associate Gwendoline Christie with Game of Thrones so a fan saying they would be long dead before the next installment was released didn't even phase me.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It wasn't manufacturing defects in the last 2. The second one they blew up the core and the third one was destroyed by a sustained air and land assault at a particularly vulnerable time.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

Durzel posted:

So bearing in mind a ragtag group annihilated the whole base in a few hours - what greater threat could Luke pose to them?

Snoke is personally worried that Luke could train more Jedi.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Durzel posted:

Film could've done without the Starkiller base being a quest object that is discussed and then almost immediately dealt with in the same movie.

It seems almost ridiculous to think now that the Empire (in different guises) have had 3 giant space stations destroyed thanks to a manufacturing defect.

Bearing in mind they nuked the whole planet-sized-base-that-makes-the-Death-Star-look-insignificant in as much time as it took to discuss how to do it, it made me wonder why finding Luke was even that important. It can't have just been important to Leia personally because the First Order lost their minds at the idea of a map to his location being out there.

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

True because the Force wrecked that planet quick.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

But...how? His saber falls down after his hand gets lopped off. We stay with Luke and Vader for a good couple of minutes, then Luke falls, gets sucked into a side shaft, and ends up on an antenna. When would we have seen the lightsaber fall? It's long gone by the time he lands on the antenna.

His hand and saber sit at the bottom of the city. The hatch doesn't open right away, it's not until Luke falls that the hatch opens, dropping Luke, his hand and saber. In the screen cap posted it's clearly his hand falling, the only question is "Is the lightsaber with his hand?" the answer is yes, it's really clear when you watch the video.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."
Maybe there was a net further down to catch jumpers

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

When he is sitting in the bottom of the chute there is literally nothing there by him. There is also nothing that falls out before he does that I can tell. Since he goes straight into a tube of which there are many, it makes sense that his hand fell somewhere else. No reason it couldn't end up somewhere else besides shitted out the bottom. He moves around a bit and it is windy, so I wouldn't expect the hand/saber to end up in the same spot as him.

Basically no one has any firm statement on what what fell out (hand, belt+gun, trash, weathervane bits are all potentially legit). The frames of it aren't really conclusive. Old out-of-date EU book had it get caught in the vent system somewhere. I'm betting they'll pull some basics from the EU book scenario, and have it traded around a bit until whats-her-face gets it.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I doubt it'll be addressed in detail in the films, and it doesn't really need to be.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

There's probably a novel being written about it right now.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

"How Cloud City Janitor Bill Found a cool lazersword attached to this grody skeleton hand"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The force ghost of Luke's hand should get its own novel series.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

Arglebargle III posted:

Don't laugh, similar things have become the entire main plot of the Metal Gear series.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

I'd buy it if theres a scene where it flips off the ghost of Anakin Skywalker.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Rey being Obi-Wan's descendant rather than Luke's would be awesome and would also make a ton of sense (even visually) but is probably too cool to happen.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

precision posted:

Rey being Obi-Wan's descendant rather than Luke's would be awesome and would also make a ton of sense (even visually) but is probably too cool to happen.

well did obi-wan ever gently caress anyone? He doesn't seem like the type who would break the code. i mean maybe he hosed some barfly while watching after luke, but other then that. I dont think he has any siblings. unless you go by very very old pre-prequel canon that said owen lars was his brother. i mean maybe the obi won spin offs will explain it.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

If you don't mind me asking, what are the factors pushing for Rey being a Kenobi?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Dapper_Swindler posted:

well did obi-wan ever gently caress anyone? He doesn't seem like the type who would break the code. i mean maybe he hosed some barfly while watching after luke, but other then that. I dont think he has any siblings. unless you go by very very old pre-prequel canon that said owen lars was his brother. i mean maybe the obi won spin offs will explain it.

He has a romantic entanglement in the Clone Wars cartoon. Also prequel Jedi's weren't celibate, they were just not allowed to have attachments.

Roman Reigns posted:

If you don't mind me asking, what are the factors pushing for Rey being a Kenobi?

reddit

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Roman Reigns posted:

I'd buy it if theres a scene where it flips off the ghost of Anakin Skywalker.

I think you mean the ghost of Anakin's left leg. His right arm is good and his body was redeemed but those limbs he lost on Mustafar? Sith force ghosts.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Hollismason posted:

Yeah it did. It falls out of the garbage shoot where Luke drops out of along with his hand.

Screencap

was this in the original theatrical cut or was this something george added in the special editions? i could see them handwaving it away if george added it in

i mean disney could easily just release a blu-ray remaster of the original theatrical cuts and just not have this scene in it i guess

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Arglebargle III posted:

I think you mean the ghost of Anakin's left leg. His right arm is good and his body was redeemed but those limbs he lost on Mustafar? Sith force ghosts.

they exist. at least in the kotor games. which are still canon.

Watermelon City
May 10, 2009

precision posted:

Obi-wan would have been a pretty old dad for that to be true.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

ThePutty posted:

was this in the original theatrical cut or was this something george added in the special editions? i could see them handwaving it away if george added it in

i mean disney could easily just release a blu-ray remaster of the original theatrical cuts and just not have this scene in it i guess

It's in the original too.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

SunAndSpring posted:

I have no idea what the point of Captain Phasma was.

Rumor has it she will play a major role in the next two movies.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

enraged_camel posted:

Rumor has it she will play a token role in the next two movies.

There ya go

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's in the original too.

It's a blurry mess of a thing that might or might not be a hand, who cares? Of all the continuity nits to pick, this is pretty silly.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

Rumor has it she will play a major role in the next two movies.

She's probably going to be the Boba Fett of the next movies.

I was just listening to a podcast where they were talking about how they'd deal with what looked like Finn's spine being sliced.

I have a great idea.

Rohaq fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Dec 22, 2015

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dapper_Swindler posted:

they exist. at least in the kotor games. which are still canon.

it isn't

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Durzel posted:

This weapon was really haphazard - they were using a tractor beam to suck up a sun's plasma and then shoot it at planets. All the heroes had to do was break the stabilizer when it was fully charged and the plasma collapsed the planet into a star.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I think the chick kenobi was hitting up in clone wars was mandalorian, which fits nicely into the fighty/survivalist aspects of getting stuck on jakku. It would need to be a granddaughter, but the timing more or less works out I think.

Han/Leia's kid is right out I think, since they are open about their evil kid and regret sending him off, it seems way out of character to have hidden a daughter on a desert imperial world and never mention her. Luke is a strong maybe, but again the whole imperial desert world seems weird as opposed to something like stashing her on the wookie world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ZypherIM posted:

Since he goes straight into a tube of which there are many, it makes sense that his hand fell somewhere else.

• Locked thread