Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you wanted to give Jolyne a male love interest you should've just made it Weather because he's actually cool

Otherwise she's life partners with Hermes and Foo Fighters or gay whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Baal posted:

If you wanted to give Jolyne a male love interest you should've just made it Weather because he's actually cool

Weather's like 40 though

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Jolyne Kujo is gay.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Bad Seafood posted:

All of Annasui's best lines you could just give to Hermes.

hermes needed more in general

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Weather's theme sounds like a Weather Report song.
Joshuu's theme does not sound like a Nat King Cole song.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Weather's like 40 though

Who cares, they are in prison and fighting the miami dolphins

unless his balls are sagging i'm sure everything'll be cool

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
my fave thing about annasui is him constantly getting dunked on and trolled and hosed up, he is basically there so that he gets owned so you dont feel bad seeing the other characters get owned (except foo fighters, RIP foo fighters)

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Part 6 had a lot of problems but Jolyne, Hermes, and F.F. worked great together.

Part 6 was actually pretty risky and experimental when you think about it. I'd be interested to know how many of the hiccups (like Annasui) were due to editorial interference vs. Araki writing himself into a corner.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
annasui was just bored and using diver down to make himself into a girl for that one panel

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
foo fighters loving died to save annasui and i'll never forgive araki for that

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Annasui's female -> male flip feels like it has to be editor input but I have absolutely nothing to back that up beyond My Intuitions

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Baal posted:

Weather turned out to be a psychopathic killer too though, he just happened to be on the good guys' side because Pucchi hosed up big.

edit: I always assumed in the new world that Etro's reincarnated form would just some weird lady that claims she's actually a colony of Plankton.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 22, 2015

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pros of f.f. dying to save annasui: absolutely none. f.f. will not be able to live their short life out as a cool stand inhabiting a corpse and annasui gets to breathe air still + get reincarnated for some godawful reason

pros of annasui dying to save f.f.: all of them. gently caress annasui.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

It's probably worth noting that F.F. is technically also a murderer (like Annasui) but actually has redeeming qualities and something resembling a character arc to make up for it.

It's entirely possible to write characters who are unethical yet likable and/or compelling. Annasui is neither.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Jolyne Kujo is gay.

Agreed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Momomo posted:

Weather turned out to be a psychopathic killer too though, he just happened to be on the good guys' side because Pucchi hosed up big.

edit: I always assumed in the new world that Etro's reincarnated form would just some weird lady that claims she's actually a colony of Plankton.

If we loving outlawed characters for being psychopathic murderers then most of the cast shouldn't even be friends. Weather was a cool character that worked well with Jolyne and his sense of mystery was interesting so even after being a mega rear end in a top hat he's still more appealing than Annasui who has no redeeming qualities except the Mickey Mouse panel.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

FirstAidKite posted:

my fave thing about annasui is him constantly getting dunked on and trolled and hosed up, he is basically there so that he gets owned so you dont feel bad seeing the other characters get owned (except foo fighters, RIP foo fighters)

I love how Jotaro just immediately loving hates him and if it weren't for the insane poo poo they were in he'd be getting Ora'd for the rest of his soon to be short life.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
F.F.'s murders of those rando prisoners can at least be chalked up to standard Stand shenanigans, while Annasui's were 100% organic, Stand free crimes that he should actually be in jail for.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

pros of f.f. dying to save annasui: absolutely none.

FF didnt become the butt of all the jokes like annasui did

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Then Annasui was rewarded for it by getting married to the girl he had been harassing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

f.f. is too pure to make fun of

dbzfandiego
Sep 17, 2011
Johnathan and Erina aside all of the romantic relationships in JoJo's are some kind of hosed up.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Joseph and Suzie Q's was fine aside from the cheating and as far as some other relationships it's just a bad normalthing

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012

dbzfandiego posted:

Aside form Johnathan and Erina all of the romantic relationships in JoJo's are some kind of hosed up.

Are you implying that Joseph and Suzie Q aren't the cutest couple ever?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't remember there being anything bad about gappy and yasuho, but i guess that whole relationship hasn't exactly gone anywhere as of yet

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's probably never going to be

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

Then Annasui was rewarded for it by getting married to the girl he had been harassing

no he didnt

unless you mean jolyne being like "yeah ok if we get out of this I'll marry you" which i dont think that counts since they were obviously against a wall and likely not to survive

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Jolyne Kujo is gay.

She's gay and foo fighters lives with them as a combination weird friend/pet

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

if the crew had actually survived and the world didn't get fast forwarded i feel like jotaro would have beat the poo poo out of annasui and told him to go away

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wish the crew had survived. I didn't feel any gratification from the ending.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I wish F.F. survived, or at least didn't die for Annasui.

I wish Annasui didn't exist.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bohemian Rhapsody wouldn't be as good without Annasui so I'm fine with him.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Bad Seafood posted:

Annasui has a lot of great lines but he's a bland/bad character with a stand he never really uses in an interesting fashion.

Araki should've kept it to the core three girls and Weather Report.

Annasui was a pretty boring character, yeah. I don't even remember him doing much aside from going "Where the gently caress is Mickey?!"

Which was admittedly great but not worth losing Foo Fighters over.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Bad Seafood posted:

All of Annasui's best lines you could just give to Hermes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

weather report was the person who made bohemian rhapsody worth it

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I dislike Bohemian Rhapsody as a stand, which is a shame because it's my favorite song.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josuke would hate the poo poo out of Annasui

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Anansui almost justifies his entire existence with that one time he uses Diver Down's leg to replace Weather's, but other than that, he's massive chump.

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Eyes of Heaven should just be every character in the franchise uniting to dump on Annasui.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
the engagement ring scene is hilarious gently caress all yall