Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

death .cab for qt posted:

As a person who rpg'd flash isaac and got nearly there with rebirth before afterbirth dropped, I can 100% confirm that nothing has made me enjoy this game more than just playing it instead of stressing out about filling up post-its. It's every bit as enjoyable to get Godhead after doing the Lost runs as it is to just pick that poo poo up immediately.

I RPG'd flash Isaac, Rebirth and now Afterbirth, and weirdly I have less fun (though also less stress) after all the cheevos are filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
At the very least, the Razor Blade should have a floor long effect.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I like the razor blade because it makes Eve red heart builds doable. 3 Razor blade hits plus the Whore effect is nothing to sneeze at.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Is it hosted anywhere that doesn't require a login to download?

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Nope. They don't want anyone who doesn't have the game to be able to download it. The login is via the Steamworks API, not a site specific account, if that changes things at all.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Toxxupation posted:

The wrongest words anyone's ever said about Eve

You are assuming that you always get a red heart deal by basement 2, or that you never get something like Meat! or Magic Mushroom when you have 1 or more red hearts and a lot of soul hearts, or accidentally pick up a red heart, or…

All of those can be handled by using a blood donation machine or demon beggar but those aren't always available. The razor blade gives you a consistent way of dealing with those situations which was the only thing that Eve needed to go from a character that's really cool on paper to a character that's really fun and good in practice.

I do agree that the razor blade's actual effect should be buffed a bit, probably make it last the floor, though that would require it to be capped if it isn't already. I haven't tried mashing while invulnerable since the flash version.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Yeah razor does totally function well as eve and the only way I could see it being a better fit is if razor blade and nail got rolled into one item

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

Ugh, another tedious daily.
Poor stats Eden with lots of health. Use the spike room in Depths 2 (I think, or 1). I thought there will be one later but there wasn't. At least I bought Godhead in the shop thanks to Chaos :v:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I dunno how many people here have played undertale, or know of the mod, but the binding of isaac undertale mod is really, really good

it's much more than a sprite replacement, all the characters are unique and have different starting items and stats so it genuinely feels like a totally different game when you play it

plus the music is actually, you know, good since it's undertale music, and honestly totally fits

also the floors look really good as opposed to the boring and/or garbage environements like the cellar and the burning basement

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

senrath posted:

Nope. They don't want anyone who doesn't have the game to be able to download it. The login is via the Steamworks API, not a site specific account, if that changes things at all.

Would anybody be willing to just dropbox the drat thing? I've been trying to sign in for half a day and it's not working.

Happy Big Fun
Jul 23, 2004
Yay!
Brimstone + Mom's Contacts is apparently bugged. As soon as anything in the beam freezes, your beam does 0 damage for the rest of the time. Combine that with high luck and you have a virtually-useless brimstone :(

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.
Just got screwed over in a greed mode. Got No.2 while curse of the blind was up in a treasure room. Next boss? A poop boss. Sigh.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Emily A. Stanton posted:

Just got screwed over in a greed mode. Got No.2 while curse of the blind was up in a treasure room. Next boss? A poop boss. Sigh.

Just stop holding down fire occasionally? It's annoying, but you can just fire for a little, lift your finger and immediately push the button again to reset the No.2 bomb drop.

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

gently caress krampus' new brimstone spin. Had a lost run going with dad's key and got hit, moved, then it spun in the direction i was going and hit me again as soon as invincibility wore off

The RNG in this game hates me

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

ed please make it so you only have to unlock mega satan's door once per character

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Made it to mega satan with mom's knife and nine lives only to lose bevause i took libra and killed my damage.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Made it to Isaac with Eden on hard and with satanic bible to boot, but lost because I only had good firepower and zero defense and dodging anything in that fight's impossible :( Picking up the sacks that got dropped by sack head/piggy bank combo was impossible as well since they all spawned so close to Isaac so every time I made a clutch attempt to grab one in hopes of a battery, I got hit and eventually died (had an ankh for a retry but nope, got a bit farther but not by much).

Oh well, bye bye blank card dreams. Guess I won't be getting Lilith anytime soon, as greed mode's impossible with Azazel and nothing good in the shop, ever.

On the other hand, adapting that "keep pressing R until something good comes up" strategy's certainly done wonders for how far I get with each proper try :v:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Isaac's stuff is all perfectly dodgable with practice, don't give up!!!

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

senrath posted:

That does change things, thanks. But why would anyone download a mod for a game they don't have anyway?

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Well, admittedly I've been spoiled by my few past runs where I've had nigh impregnable defense going, which I far prefer over damage (though I tend to have that too if I have the defense, somehow) so I may have tried to brute force it (I did). Would've taken forever to whittle him down though, since I didn't have any other sources of damage than what I could shoot and it was almost 2 am so I probably saved a lot of hair pulling by dying quickly :v:

Guess I'll do a couple more relaxed runs tomorrow (with Isaac, is he the easiest to get a good run with since he now has D6?) to try and get a few more Eden tokens.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Fun Judas run - I died early but was saved by Judas' Shadow. I squeezed myself to my last heart in a Sacrifice Room trying to get the angel to spawn, since I didn't have any bombs for the Angel Room, and I got the Sacred Heart to go on top of the Chocolate Milk I already had. Mashing the button for minimum-power shots was enough to kill most things in less than a second. Then I added Polyphemus and the Multidimensional Baby in the Chest. Mega Satan's final form died in two fully-charged hits.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
MDWK
JEW8

Just scored a seed of Eden with Sacred Heart and Mega Blast.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Gromit posted:

That does change things, thanks. But why would anyone download a mod for a game they don't have anyway?

It's an anti-piracy thing, as far as I know.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I really like the sacrificial dagger but i'm too incompetent with Eve to unlock it, well that's my story everyone

edit: if you believe in yourself, anything is possible :)

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Dec 23, 2015

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!

JVNO posted:

MDWK
JEW8

Just scored a seed of Eden with Sacred Heart and Mega Blast.

Welp this Eden run got even more ridiculous and ended up pushing me over the top for 1001%- grabbing Sworn Protector and Circle of Protection both. Time to take a break.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got gifted Rebirth, gave up on the first run because Shoop Da Woop was the only thing I found and I done hosed up, second run was Ludovico and beat the game for the first time (for the nth time :v:). Ludovico is really kind of a hassle with no damage upgrades and psychic. The floormasters are almost unbeatable that way for me since my attention gets too divided, I focus on one and the four others swamp me. I just bombed a door and ran. Pretty nice improvement over the original! The lovely gba graphics still sort of bug me though, even with the filter.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Does playing a seeded Eden run still take an Eden token? Not that it really matters, Eden tokens may as well be unlimited.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

AnonSpore posted:

I RPG'd flash Isaac, Rebirth and now Afterbirth, and weirdly I have less fun (though also less stress) after all the cheevos are filled.

I'm right there with you on all counts - I spend way more time going through achievements on other save files after fully completing the game than doing runs for fun on the fully completed save. The introduction of Eden curbed that a little bit in Rebirth though.

Hyphen-ated
Apr 24, 2006
Not to be confused with endash or minus.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Isaac's stuff is all perfectly dodgable with practice, don't give up!!!
well, isaac does shoot undodgeable beams. but it's pretty rare to actually get hit by one.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Major Helper posted:

Guess I won't be getting Lilith anytime soon, as greed mode's impossible with Azazel and nothing good in the shop, ever.

Reset until you get ludovico technique - that's all you need for making Greed easy mode with Azazel.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Reset until you get ludovico technique - that's all you need for making Greed easy mode with Azazel.

Azazel doesn't start with a key. The silver treasure room only has boss room items.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Hyphen-ated posted:

well, isaac does shoot undodgeable beams. but it's pretty rare to actually get hit by one.

All you have to do is run into one of the adjacent corners from where the beams start. You will dodge without fail. I never ever get hit with them.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

MokBa posted:

All you have to do is run into one of the adjacent corners from where the beams start. You will dodge without fail. I never ever get hit with them.

He's talking about Isaac's 2nd phase, where the beams randomly attack the arena, but those aren't telegraphed.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

MokBa posted:

You actually can get hit sometimes in the lower corner but I think they were talking about the phase 2 beams not the phase 3 ones.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BTW I didn't get Afterbirth with the gift, just the base game. Should I shell out for it?

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!
yes.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Dr. Fetus posted:

Azazel doesn't start with a key. The silver treasure room only has boss room items.

I've unlocked Keeper legit and I never realized this. :downs:

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Dr. Fetus posted:

You get a free key in the shop room pretty often, so can open the treasure room right away in those cases. Not sure what other items make it easy mode for Azazel.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT
Looks like Greedbutt has incorporated time ranks now as well. This is a good thing.

Speaking of which, today's daily allows for a rather quick run:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Dr. Fetus posted:

He's talking about Isaac's 2nd phase, where the beams randomly attack the arena, but those aren't telegraphed.

Oh right. Those are always such a nonissue that I forget they even exist.