Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Athletic Footjob posted:

no such thing as a good os

yeah that's what this forum's about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

infernal machines posted:

hold on, i'll squirt you a file
"Because the value of Zune, if were successful, is all in the software. Its in community [the ability to share music and pictures with other Zune users]. I want to squirt you a picture of my kids. You want to squirt me back a video of your vacation. Thats a software experience."

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

DuckConference posted:

yeah that's what this forum's about

ypospos bitch

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I could use a good squirt

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

im hurtin' for a squirtin'

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

windows 10 is a desktop os, please stop trolling, shaggar.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

lol which one of you is bob lefsetz

quote:

People gravitate to one winner. Hear anybody championing their Samsung Galaxy recently? Everybody's on an iPhone, with iMessage. And if you're about to send me hate mail telling me I'm wrong, I hope you like your low income no friends lifestyle, because all the winners are on the Apple platform, and you keep saying you want to win...

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i laughed out loud when i saw the back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2zJ7Sf8tLU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Puppy Galaxy posted:

lol which one of you is bob lefsetz

You didn't quote more stuff

quote:

Apple can screw up. The Watch is a joke and Apple Music is so bad it couldn’t even distribute Swift’s show properly, assuming you could find it to begin with. Steve Jobs was all about interface, making it simple, stupid. But it seems he came from a lost civilization that we may not revisit for millennia. Jobs was about eliminating options, now we’ve got so many choices, so much ability to customize, that not only do we not know how to use our devices/apps, we don’t want to.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Fabricated posted:

that was less funny , to me

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

it does for me

poo poo recognises poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Fabricated posted:

he's right of course

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fabricated posted:

i like this guy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
spot on

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
http://gizmodo.com/everything-apple-introduced-this-year-kinda-sucked-1749308570

gizmodo droppin bombs

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

"the surface book is cooler" oh my god i'm dying

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

i forget 3d touch exists unless i use it by accident

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
i went to the apple store yesterday with my dad to get him a new phone case and saw some old dude in a tie buying the bigpad and the bigphone

apple going after the boomer market p hardcore

can't wait for the bigwatch

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

i forget 3d touch exists unless i use it by accident

3d touch is really good for waze when i wanna mash "go to work/go home"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

carry on then posted:

"the surface book is cooler" oh my god i'm dying

yeah, that kinda pushed the envelope a bit

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

gizmodo a bunch of butthurt whiny fucks ever since Apple gave them the cold shoulder over the iPhone 4 prototype incident

they haven't been invited to any crapple media events ever since

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All

Stux posted:

actually the phone is perfectly designed by the brilliant mind of st ives, constructed with care and compassion, loaded with the best software on the planet AND has a fantastic camera.

don't quote stymie you loving idiot

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

3d touch seems like it could be useful once its standard and has a bunch of app support

but iOS ui design is sort of all over the place. i'm getting more and more convinced that everyone - including apple - is just trying to cram too much poo poo into phone apps.

like, i was using spotify for ios. i wanted to remove a song from a playlist. i try swiping it away - well, that displayed some weird green message that disappeared when i released my thumb and i didn't see what it was. so i swiped it again the same way, now its a red message that said 'removed from my music', but the song was still on the playlist. so i swipe the same direction again and it added it back to my music, which i don't even know what the gently caress is. i swipe it away again to remove it. "maybe i swipe the other way?" so i swipe from right to left and that moves the entire app back a page out of the playlist. i go back in, carefully swipe right to left, which did something else that wasn't removing it from the playlist and had a grey label, idgaf. i try pressing and holding which does nothing. i push the little '...' icon next to the track name which brings up a bunch of options i don't care about, but no way to remove the song from the loving playlist. i finally notice another little pencil icon when i scroll back to the top of the playlist, tap that, that makes poo poo editable and i finally delete the loving song

apple music's ui is about as awful but its problems are more related to playlists not syncing and weird behavior when you have music on the device that isn't available in apple music

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Wow, how the article is written is more interesting than the content. It is like the author is furiously masterbating over Star Wars and demanding that Apple release a light saber just because they managed to release a great phone and tablet within their puberty.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
"press a thing with different force for different actions" is the only ui action worse than hovering/tooltips

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

it's really hard when you have these tiny mobile devices that are more powerful than a general purpose computer was a few years ago to try to restrict it to what it's actually good at instead of letting the general purpose computer experience [which is pretty miserable] creep in

feature creep, like ennui, is inevitable :smith:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

voice control would be a good compromise towards making things more sane if it wasn't for 1) bad voice recognition 2) you look like an idiot when you talk to your phone in public as opposed to talking into it

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

qirex posted:

it's really hard when you have these tiny mobile devices that are more powerful than a general purpose computer was a few years ago to try to restrict it to what it's actually good at instead of letting the general purpose computer experience [which is pretty miserable] creep in

feature creep, like ennui, is inevitable :smith:

in conclusion this is why crapple needs to add a file browser and mouse support and a torrent client and a bash shell or the iphone is dead

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Also
"send a message to... uhh... John..."
[sending message to john smith]
"no no no, i meant john jones"
[sending message "no no no, i meant john jones" to john smith]
"gently caress you, siri/google/cortana"
[message sent]

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
hey siri i need some amazing glasses

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Apple still haven't fixed that bug in music where it'll pause with a change in cell coverage. it's annoying on a train when you get random pockets of service and your music will stop

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

Apple still haven't fixed that bug in music where it'll pause with a change in cell coverage. it's annoying on a train when you get random pockets of service and your music will stop

lol really?

i remember that bug during my free apple music trial that i did not continue because apple music is bad

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ah, the old get-a-shot-of-them-blinking-to-make-them-look-stupid trick.

annoys me that no one talks about the real problems with apple and just tries to tear down what's good.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

1 - new touchID is so fast & reliable people complain about it being too fast
2 - apple telling the feds to go suck a big one
3 - osx is still just getting better and better incrementally instead of microsoft's rolling in poo poo

otherwise agreed

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

poty posted:

hey siri i need some amazing glasses

1 new PM from Necc0 !

poty why

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

theflyingexecutive posted:

even if you are playing a local copy of a song? if so, I'm glad to hear this corroborated and that I was not going crazy.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Necc0 posted:

1 - new touchID is so fast & reliable people complain about it being too fast
2 - apple telling the feds to go suck a big one
3 - osx is still just getting better and better incrementally instead of microsoft's rolling in poo poo

otherwise agreed

os x is getting more and more shite and we're not upgrading any hardware that didn't ship with 10.10 to 10.10/11 because it's loving terrible and nobody will put up with it

we'd rather isolate the old crap that's getting more and more insecure

because gently caress that poo poo

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

broken clock opsec posted:

os x is getting more and more shite and we're not upgrading any hardware that didn't ship with 10.10 to 10.10/11 because it's loving terrible and nobody will put up with it

el cap is good, actually

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

honestly can't think of a problem with el Cap besides the app store being neglected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

broken clock opsec posted:

i liked this troll better when it was all about how lion was terrible

• Locked thread