Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Moola posted:

shes not fat you dummy that was a zoom in!

she is a beautiful princess

I wanna hook up our cats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
Has GW died yet or are you nerds still talking about Star War?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

I wanna hook up our cats

:3:

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

i broke down and got the TFA starter and one each of the ship boosters, played with my 5 y/o (dumbed down by ignoring card text, and no upgrades) she enjoyed it and wanted to play again immediately. basically had a great starwar weekend with the kid, including dressing her up as Rey for an opening weekend screening furnished by my work. :unsmith:

got a trade lined up for a Falcon and another starter T-70. probably gonna mod the dish on the falcon.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Dec 22, 2015

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Sir Teabag posted:

Catte date hook ups itt. Got a cat who's lonely? We'll find a mate for your fluff ball.

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I broke down and bought an Armada starter set because I'm bad with money. It will sit on my shelf next to all of the xwangs I bought and played with for all of two weeks (it was mostly tie interceptors, I always loved those things).

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chill la Chill posted:

We have a whole year and half to talk about non-star wars things until the next movie. :rolleyes:

At least until Disney starts pumping out yearly movies. :3:

They already are. Next December we get a Star Wars heist movie when Donnie Yen and Felicity Jones try to outwit Moff Mads Mikkelson.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They already are. Next December we get a Star Wars heist movie when Donnie Yen and Felicity Jones try to outwit Moff Mads Mikkelson.

I'm waiting for the one about the Captain who is a former rebel trying to get by with his crew by running cargo - some legal, some not-so legal - with a sort of western twist on things. Things of course get worse strange after they pick up a young doctor and his sister who are on the run from the Alliance Republic; as well as a priest with a mysterious past.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

the globe woulf be ankle deep in fandom jizz if they did a spinoff young han movie starring the han solo guy from firefly as the han solo guy from starwars

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

the globe woulf be ankle deep in fandom jizz if they did a spinoff young han movie starring the han solo guy from firefly as the han solo guy from starwars

Nathan Fillion ain't so young himself these days.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Kai Tave posted:

Nathan Fillion ain't so young himself these days.

yeah actually now that i look at it he's a little older than harrison was when they filmed the first one

fanboys would still lose their poo poo tho

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Otisburg posted:

yeah actually now that i look at it he's a little older than harrison was when they filmed the first one

fanboys would still lose their poo poo tho

Just get Chris Pratt to do it.

Actually they're making Guardians of the Galaxy 2 already so never mind.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
I get really confused which thread I'm in when I skip from CD to here. Let's split the difference : The Warcraft trailer looked like hilarious garbage.

I had to explain to a Jewish friend of mine that Thrall was literally Orc Moses.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Thundercracker posted:

I get really confused which thread I'm in when I skip from CD to here. Let's split the difference : The Warcraft trailer looked like hilarious garbage.

I had to explain to a Jewish friend of mine that Thrall was literally Orc Moses.

does that make the ritual imbibing of manaroth's blood circumcision? or like part of the bar mitzvah?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
It clearly represents penis vampires

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Orc Moses is cool and good. human heads floating through garish cgi land in loving 48fps so everything looks like eastenders is less cool and good.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Surely the guy who directed Moon with its diverse cast and elaborate sets was the natural choice to direct an epic Warcraft adaptation.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

they should have either toned down the gorilla-people-proportion-huge-pauldron (even for regular human beings) aesthetic, or gone full CG.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Moola posted:

shes not fat you dummy that was a zoom in!

she is a beautiful princess

Tell me more about your cute catte.

Sir Teabag posted:

I think they are gonna die in May next year. Or at least kill AoS

Leperflesh posted:

Why spoiler that, lol!

also yes OK lets stop discussing star wars. Hey everyone, I got X-wangs from my secret santa

Begun, the spoiler wars have.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Leia was originally Luke's brother.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Thundercracker posted:

In the games, Thrall is literally Orc Jesus who can do no wrong and steals your kills.

#GarroshWasRight

Dr. Phildo
Dec 8, 2003

Except the heaven had come so near,
So seemed to choose my door,The distance would not haunt me so

Soiled Meat

mike12345 posted:

Leia was originally Luke's brother.

X wang

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Warcraft is so janky.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Rey is a badly written character.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's Star Wars, the only well written bits are the things people improvise.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

WAR FOOT posted:

Rey is a badly written character.

There is almost certainly a transformative arc planned for her. Rey in ep7 wasn't a character as much as she was a "before" picture.

But more importantly, Warcraft looked like hot garbage. It's also hilariously set in the first RTS, which nobody under thirty has played or has nostalgia for because x86 computers haven't been around for ages.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

moths posted:

There is almost certainly a transformative arc planned for her. Rey in ep7 wasn't a character as much as she was a "before" picture.

But more importantly, Warcraft looked like hot garbage. It's also hilariously set in the first RTS, which nobody under thirty has played or has nostalgia for because x86 computers haven't been around for ages.

lol even the caverns of time poo poo was mostly to WC2/3 events

going way out on a limb to say: the warcraft movie will be bad

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

moths posted:

I just really dislike the 'she's a NATURAL' justification. She out-Forces and fights a trained Sith, despite never having picked up a lightsaber before. Doubly so when said Sith flung her like a rag-doll literally moments before. On top of that, she's a better pilot for the Falcon than Chewie. It honestly sounds like a Sonic fancharacter. "my OC rey is the daughter of luke skywalker and chewie sees she's the best pilot so gives her the millenium falcon after she gets luke's lightsaber that was lost in cloud city and she beats a trained sith and learns all her force techniques by instinct in minutes"

her 'before' picture is more competent than Luke, Obi-Wan and Han at the beginning of their respective arcs combined.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

WAR FOOT posted:

I just really dislike the 'she's a NATURAL' justification. She out-Forces and fights a trained Sith, despite never having picked up a lightsaber before.
Not really. The movie sets up why she is able to do that.

You did notice the part where he gets shot in the gut by a weapon clearly demonstrated to annihilate storm troopers and then runs them down when they have a huge lead on him, right? He's exhausted, conflicted and wounded. That's why she was able to fight him.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Spiderdrake posted:

Not really. The movie sets up why she is able to do that.

You did notice the part where he gets shot in the gut by a weapon clearly demonstrated to annihilate storm troopers and then runs them down when they have a huge lead on him, right? He's exhausted, conflicted and wounded. That's why she was able to fight him.

Literally flung her like a rag doll into a tree moments before, incapacitating her so he could dunk on Spacebro 2. Poe and Finn are legit the best part.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Rey is good

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Otisburg posted:

does that make the ritual imbibing of manaroth's blood circumcision? or like part of the bar mitzvah?
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Moola posted:

Rey is good
Yes, although Finn legit being a bugging out clone trooper loving owned so hard (although I think maybe they said he was kidnapped?)

I have never been more happy with a character not being what I expected, even though he was exactly what they showed in the first trailer.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

WAR FOOT posted:

Literally flung her like a rag doll into a tree moments before, incapacitating her so he could dunk on Spacebro 2. Poe and Finn are legit the best part.

I thought that particular scene relied on how hosed up he was after being shot and being hit a couple of times by Finn, also it seems like his training isn't complete and he's kind of a chump, especially when Finn manages to fight him without getting 100% rekt.

There were bits that held together well and bits that were a bit janky, but I liked it overall.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
The movie was a fun outing with my fiancee - can we talk about dumb plastic men now?

YF19pilot posted:

Catte date hook ups itt. Got a cat who's lonely? We'll find a mate for your fluff ball.

He's already got an arthritic doge playmate! Cute old animals chillin' 24/7

Anyway - I've been posting about Infinity on Twitter for a bit now and I'm going to play a couple demo games this evening. I mentioned how AoS combined with the USAriadna sectorial convinced me to give up on 40K and now I'm giving demo games of Infinity. I went to the nearest LGS for a top up of some paint and all the GW stuff they have left is now 60% off. Compared to the store across town I have to go to for my Infinity models that still sells GW products at retail price. They had some new Infinity blister packs on shelves beside the LoTR stuff and I laughed out loud when I saw the new mercenary doctor was less than half the price of a plastic Legolas, and about a quarter of the price of the new Blood Angels chaplain. What a time to be alive.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Yes, although Finn legit being a bugging out clone trooper loving owned so hard (although I think maybe they said he was kidnapped?)

He wasn't a clone. All the First Order troopers were brain washed people whom had been abducted. General What's-his-name says to Kyle Ren "perhaps we should have used clones" at one point after Finn fucks off. Or maybe I'm remembering it wrong

God dammit, now I'm talking about Star Wars too.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
The warcraft movie is going to be hilariously terrible if only for the way they set up the plot since it's going to be warcraft 1 and maybe warcraft 2.

In the first case, humans lose to the entirely morally unambiguously evil horde led by Blackhand/Doomhammer and run away. Human protagonist does generic soldiering, orc protagonist gets exiled in the intro and sits out the entire rest of the movie.

In the second case, humans win and put orcs in concentration camps. Human protagonist does more generic soldiering and is killed in a failed scouting mission, orc protagonist continues to be exiled away from the action, fathers Green Jesus and is then murdered in his sleep.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
So, uh, has GW come out with any more embarrassing models lately?

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

yes that revision to the timeline of the first two warcraft games is definitely why this will be a bad film

do you perchance have 2000 words of fanfiction about how you'd do it differently?

Springfield Fatts posted:

So, uh, has GW come out with any more embarrassing models lately?
the latest Chaosium Spikebadfucks are actually cool models just overpriced past the point of self-parody. except new Archaon, gently caress that mess.

Saint Drogo fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Every time a Stormtrooper dies remember he or she was an stolen orphan whose parents were killed by the bad guys and brainwashed.

• Locked thread