Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fozzy fosbourne posted:

yep, but it's still fun to try and murk your guy before everyone else

huh, that's a fun idea. i'll try that.

also, i played both previous characters with the kirk and then ludwigs. this is my first character with a trick weapon that doesn't have a 2H mode. it's made me a lot better at parrying, but also helped me realize that the gun is useful in just interrupting attacks. like i just went up against the choir hunter, and i stunlocked her into a corner then punished with untransformed R1s, backstepped to get my stamina back, and then repeated. so much easier than going toe to toe with her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
lmao, the NPC hunters can't do poo poo against the Rakuyo's L2.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

most npc hunters can't do poo poo to anything once u get them in a stunlock pattern unless the have big attacks with a lot of iframes which is just boss hunters i think

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that's true... i'm waiting to test my mettle against the vileblood hunter in the great cathedral

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

that guy is really annoying so i just left him and eileen there for 10 hours while i levelled up and got my pizza cutter to +10 then murked him to death :unsmigghh:

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

that's true... i'm waiting to test my mettle against the vileblood hunter in the great cathedral

he was the only guy i cheated with. i would shoot him a couple of times then he would cut himself and come after me while his health would go down and i would run out of the cathedral. i did this like 20 times until he died lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Showerthought: this game would be better with romancable npcs.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Seems like the good ending is a romance when you think about it

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

umm how do i make my bloodtinge skill build good, im using reiterpallasch and evelyn but i am UNderwhlemd

Soral
May 30, 2009

my guy has 99 strength and i'm loving it

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Showerthought: this game would be better with romancable npcs.

u sort of can with iosefka as long as you do it before you kill gascgoine. nobody knows this because you have to go out of your way to do it

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

u sort of can with iosefka as long as you do it before you kill gascgoine. nobody knows this because you have to go out of your way to do it

Dang. Something to think about for new game plus then.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dang. Something to think about for new game plus then.

There's a prostitute you can bring to the chapel who will murder all your friends so kinda like a gf idk

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

There's a prostitute you can bring to the chapel who will murder all your friends so kinda like a gf idk

Arianna doesn't murder anyone dude.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe he's talking about the cannibal hobo guy?:confuoot:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Adella can kill but she's no ho.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Arianna doesn't murder anyone dude.

I guess it wasn't funny sorry everyobe

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Benny D posted:

Sje does kill anyone and in fact jer story is kind of tragic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Dontnfuckmwirh the lore

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Not into had stuff like star wars game.of thrones or.buoware titles. But i tajke the mythos and lore of.souls games VERU seiously

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

mysterious loyall x, may I request your lore interpretation on the scene in the good ending when the space man comes down and hugs you for a minute and then fights you and then you give birth to a slug? My theory is that this is the romance side quest that knuc so desperately seeks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Sje does kill anyone and in fact jer story is kind of tragic

I try not to get her umbilical cord if I can

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

mysterious loyall x, may I request your lore interpretation on the scene in the good ending when the space man comes down and hugs you for a minute and then fights you and then you give birth to a slug? My theory is that this is the romance side quest that knuc so desperately seeks

Isn't that slug Kos, or some say, Kosm

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I try not to get her umbilical cord if I can

lol same

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Beasts are ppl with too much hair!!! Kin are idk amybe asians they eat weurd stuff and are good at math (space expliration) everybodies out there fighting, nit gettin along...noiooioooo

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In Training posted:

Hmm I just checked and in the trophy description it says you became an infant great one, lifting humanity to its next childhood so I just assumed that the moon creature makes you prego (like iosefka and arianna) and you become your child or something (which is a pretty killer feature of space relations if true). It's true that it does look like kos, or some say kosm, though

we are dangerously close to saying betelgeuse a third time here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

A hunter is a hunter, even in a dream

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want to go fishing on the beach where orphan washed up

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I haven't beaten the game yet but I think the story is kinda like the matrix with aliens not sure if I'm right yet though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The beast part of the story is basdd on the iron maiden song abput the werewolf running around in the chicken coop (back in the village from ppwersla e) the kin part is based on tje song moon child from 7th son of a 7th son.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
on my first try i got the cainhurst hunter down to his last hit worth of health legitimately, he dodged away, healed, and then immediately nailed me with 2 shots to finish me off fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

i literally think thaty thing just washed up on a beach one day

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i think someone hosed the big fish as soon as it came ashore

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
is there a trick to the chain version of undead giant? it's my least favorite boss in the game, and i just want to get past it.

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

sector_corrector posted:

is there a trick to the chain version of undead giant? it's my least favorite boss in the game, and i just want to get past it.
hit him once with something like the whip and then dodge back twice. and never hit his tumor unless it'll finish him off.

or just spam tiny tonitrus but that makes the fight from a hectic test in patience to being one of the most boring fights in the game.

once you get his moves and distances down he's actually kinda fun to fight but thankfully you only have to do it once.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
tests of patience are my weakest point. i think it's why i suck so much at ludwig phase 2.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

He alternates his scythe combo between 2-4 hit combos. You can tell when its over because he gets up slower. U can punish his scythe low swipe with a quick dash in but it has a huge range so careful when u bait it out. His club slam os pretty ez to punish. When he gets the chains out its less bad to be hit by the chains than the ballz. U basically have to bait and punish everything with a h maybe two if u use a quick weapon. Hes weak to lightning if u got paper or tiny tontrotus. Try to save killin his tumor for the end.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
thanks everyone. i will do it.

also i beat this piece of poo poo earlier today. i thought i was dead for sure when my camera ducked behind the curtain:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc71cPkSeuo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

i think someone hosed the big fish as soon as it came ashore

Hell, who can blame em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i literally think thaty thing just washed up on a beach one day

Yeah def. it's neat how when I saw that scene 10 seconds after beating the DLC how similar in design it was. Spooky stuff