Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Epsilon Plus posted:

gently caress. I tried that and Quick Play was greyed out with no reason as to why. Maybe he missed some step or we weren't all ready or something.

you need to go to the little social icon down the bottom and ready up, then the leader hits launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Is there really no intbetween "12v12 no respawn deathmatch" and "get obliterated by 12man premade with 3 respawns"?
Like a random 12v12 with respawns and not faction bound?

I dont really like committing to play premade obliteration for a week with only one faction, but i cant really stomach random deathmatch so i stick to 1week clans / 1 week sphere at the moment...

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

You also have to be within the group weight limit, which changes based on how many members are in the group.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So what's a good heavy or medium mech for missile spam? I have my light laser trashbin, my assault ballistic crab so now I need something with missiles.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Nuebot posted:

So what's a good heavy or medium mech for missile spam? I have my light laser trashbin, my assault ballistic crab so now I need something with missiles.

Menturion is still pretty boss (Centurion with fast engine, 3 SRM6, designed for skirmishing and maximum torso twisting)

Unless you meant LRM spam, in which case please don't. Unless you're looking to handicap yourself

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The Mad Dog would be a fine heavy for wrecking peoples poo poo with missiles. And a Stormcrow for medium, I suppose.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Paingod556 posted:

Menturion is still pretty boss (Centurion with fast engine, 3 SRM6, designed for skirmishing and maximum torso twisting)

Unless you meant LRM spam, in which case please don't. Unless you're looking to handicap yourself

SRMs sound good, those are the ones you just fire at dudes like any other weapon, right?

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Nuebot posted:

If you're into IS mediums I'd check out centurion/shadow hawks/griffins.

Really fond of griffins myself, having those jets lets you be extra sneaky on certain maps. Or just popping up to dump SRMs into some dudes face.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
If you want something cheap, discretely fast and durable and with a nice punch, Cent-A is still really solid. I'm definitely not saying this because I own 4 Centurions out of 8 Mechs. (Cent-A with a ST275, 3SRM6s and 2ML is really good thoug. Or if you have the loyalty one, 3SRM6s with Artemis and a shitton of ammo; you can even run that with Single Heatsinks in a pinch).

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

That Italian Guy posted:

If you want something cheap, discretely fast and durable and with a nice punch, Cent-A is still really solid. I'm definitely not saying this because I own 4 Centurions out of 8 Mechs. (Cent-A with a ST275, 3SRM6s and 2ML is really good thoug. Or if you have the loyalty one, 3SRM6s with Artemis and a shitton of ammo; you can even run that with Single Heatsinks in a pinch).

I found the MLs a bit of a trap at first - think of your main weapon as the SRMs, with the ML just for when you need more kill right now or when you run out of rocket.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

sebmojo posted:

I found the MLs a bit of a trap at first - think of your main weapon as the SRMs, with the ML just for when you need more kill right now or when you run out of rocket.

Absolutely. At the moment, my favourite Cent is the loyalty one, as I'm running only SRM6s+A on it and 5 tons of ammo. You can't popsicle, but you'll never run out of ammo; and Artemis is surprisingly effective, according to my stats (IE: I've ran it for less time than regular SRM6s and I've done more damage with it. Also coring Ravens in 2 salvos never gets old).

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

A CN9-AH will be dropping in the event tomorrow, for those interested in free IS mediums and Centurions in general.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

:thumbsup:

I actually really like this

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

quote:

Hitting the minimum Match Score in a Quick Play or Faction Play match will provide you with an opportunity to reach into the Stocking Stuffer randomized loot bag for a chance to win MC, C-Bills, GXP, Active Premium Time, Consumables, and Holiday Cockpit Items!

So...is this like a raffle? Or do you get a prize for every "ticket" you have? Cause otherwise, there is no indication of the possible chance to get anything (IE: is having 25 tickets granting you 25 prizes? Is having 25 ticket granting you a 0.000001% chance of getting something?)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's still locked behind the MC paywall but the Griffin 2N medium mech is a superb 55 ton SRM splatboat.

It also has ECM for added fun.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Is there really no intbetween "12v12 no respawn deathmatch" and "get obliterated by 12man premade with 3 respawns"?
Like a random 12v12 with respawns and not faction bound?

I dont really like committing to play premade obliteration for a week with only one faction, but i cant really stomach random deathmatch so i stick to 1week clans / 1 week sphere at the moment...
Play with goons. Your only other option for success in this game is to play it like a Korean MMO.

DancingShade posted:

I think it's still locked behind the MC paywall but the Griffin 2N medium mech is a superb 55 ton SRM splatboat.

And keep in mind that good/fun mechs tend to get heavily nerfed soon after coming out from behind that MC paywall.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

DancingShade posted:

I'm intrigued. On paper, this looks like a Centurion with more missiles, JJ and ECM; and it comes with Double HS and Endo already! (Also FF, but w/e). What's the catch? Horrible hit boxes? Horrible Quirks?

(Also, it has an MC price listed in the wiki, not sure if it's for selling purposes only).

EDIT: ok, playing around for a little bit in smurfy this is the best Centurion lookalike I can cook up in a rush GRF-2N.

On paper, it's a Cent-A with a better punch, ECM and 1 JJ for quick turns. Looks like it will run really hot, IE: use only the SRM6s unless you have to kill someone with lasers. Possible substitution: 2SPLs for the 2MLs.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Dec 22, 2015

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

That Italian Guy posted:

So...is this like a raffle? Or do you get a prize for every "ticket" you have? Cause otherwise, there is no indication of the possible chance to get anything (IE: is having 25 tickets granting you 25 prizes? Is having 25 ticket granting you a 0.000001% chance of getting something?)

Every time you get a ticket, you get a prize. You are 100% guaranteed to get something on the list. Generally speaking, most prizes are c-bills or GXP, with MC and cosmetic items being respectively more rare.

For the sake of comparison, I got the TBR-C(C) that was the last grand prize after like 37 matches last time they did this.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Anticheese posted:

Every time you get a ticket, you get a prize. You are 100% guaranteed to get something on the list. Generally speaking, most prizes are c-bills or GXP, with MC and cosmetic items being respectively more rare.

For the sake of comparison, I got the TBR-C(C) that was the last grand prize after like 37 matches last time they did this.

Oh that's nice then :) Not really interested in the grand prize per se, as I already own the loyalty version of it, but hey, it's a mechbay and a few hundred thousands C-Bills.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hopefully people will still be running this next week, because I'm stuck without my gaming desktop until then and I really want some prizes.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That Italian Guy posted:

Oh that's nice then :) Not really interested in the grand prize per se, as I already own the loyalty version of it, but hey, it's a mechbay and a few hundred thousands C-Bills.

Hopefully this AH can be sold. I'm stuck forever with an AH, an atlas, and a king crab I can never get rid of. Thankfully, they came with their mechbays, so the only cost to me is having to look past them to find the mech I want.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

A.o.D. posted:

Hopefully this AH can be sold. I'm stuck forever with an AH, an atlas, and a king crab I can never get rid of. Thankfully, they came with their mechbays, so the only cost to me is having to look past them to find the mech I want.

You can ask Support to remove them. I'm not sure if you keep the bays though.

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

A.o.D. posted:

Despite the terrible paint jobs, all 3 of those are solid IS robots with cbill bonuses.

I understand wanting to bitch about :pgi: 's failures and shortcomings in this bad-ish game, but complaining about those 3 taking up space is you just complaining to hear yourself complain in your own voice.

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot

Just enjoy watching your number of robots go up, you bunch of ingrates. :colbert:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I have an CN9-AH but it doesn't have any medium lasers on it and I really don't want to strip my CN9-A and put all the parts on the AH for the C-bill bonus because those lasers really add up when they're in the centre torso and you never die agh.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Is the weird gravity why it feels like I am stuck in glue when trying to move up a hill?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

armchairyoda posted:

Despite the terrible paint jobs, all 3 of those are solid IS robots with cbill bonuses.

I understand wanting to bitch about :pgi: 's failures and shortcomings in this bad-ish game, but complaining about those 3 taking up space is you just complaining to hear yourself complain in your own voice.

They're all brawlbots, which is fine, but that's pretty much all they're good for. I certainly don't want or need multiples of the same chassis.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Bait and Swatch posted:

Is the weird gravity why it feels like I am stuck in glue when trying to move up a hill?

No, that is because :pgi: put in tonnage base climbing. Also, see that tiny pebble? It will keep your Atlas from moving forward.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
The hill climbing thing was such a stupid loving decision. It makes playing an Assault on Bog mind numbingly painful, not to mention there is poo poo on other maps that your 12 meter tall loving robot should be able to step over and climb but cant because of dumb gameplay decisions.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

On the other hand, I'd rather have a map where I get stuck into poo poo than a 24/7 Alpine Peak assault snipers moutain peaking simulator, so I'm happy this helped :)

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Skoll posted:

The hill climbing thing was such a stupid loving decision. It makes playing an Assault on Bog mind numbingly painful, not to mention there is poo poo on other maps that your 12 meter tall loving robot should be able to step over and climb but cant because of dumb gameplay decisions.

This is the map that made me mention it even. My Atlas was slaughtered while the rest of my team left me behind trying to climb a hill to move to the square where the magical talking pubbie told everyone to go. I tried to turn and fight, but trying to go up backwards was even worse.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Bait and Swatch posted:

This is the map that made me mention it even. My Atlas was slaughtered while the rest of my team left me behind trying to climb a hill to move to the square where the magical talking pubbie told everyone to go. I tried to turn and fight, but trying to go up backwards was even worse.

the stairs on Bog are the worst, because some of them function as stairs while the rest function as impassable Great Walls

try to guess which are which

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Playing with goons last night was loving hilarious and we were really bad, but I still had fun. Would do it again.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

That Italian Guy posted:

On the other hand, I'd rather have a map where I get stuck into poo poo than a 24/7 Alpine Peak assault snipers moutain peaking simulator, so I'm happy this helped :)

This guy knows what's up.

Still :pgi: tho

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Always climb hills/inclines at an angle. On stubborn hills, alternating left+right helps.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
AMG GUYS, for just 40 bucks you can get 25 extra grab bags.

Totally gonna preorder that Archer bundle now.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Pooncha posted:

Always climb hills/inclines at an angle. On stubborn hills, alternating left+right helps.

Good to know. I just need to play with goons more so that there are people around to give me poo poo for losing to a hill.

Failure at video games just isn't the same without witnesses :negative:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Kalaxus posted:

Would like the option to get in elemental armor, hide on one of your arms then jump out like an angry squirrel at enemy faces eventually.

You could do this in MW:LL. If your mech/vehicle got shot up, you could try to limp home and salvage it, or jump out in elemental armor and sneak around to attach demolition charges to enemies as they went by.

:911:

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Ice Fist posted:

Playing with goons last night was loving hilarious and we were really bad, but I still had fun. Would do it again.

Once you get up past 6 players on a team the tonnage restrictions really hurt. I dislike playing in those large groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Willfrey posted:

Once you get up past 6 players on a team the tonnage restrictions really hurt. I dislike playing in those large groups.

:pgi: knows goons are fat.

• Locked thread