Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

There have been a lot of mean things said or insinuated about millennials in this thread but that's over the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

mr. mephistopheles posted:

again, interview clothing says "this is how much of a poo poo i give" not "this is what i plan to wear every day i work here"

i really don't think you can overdress for an interview, even for the most free spirit casual workplace, because all it does is indicate how seriously you are taking the interview, it really shouldn't "express" anything about you, that's what your personality is for

i really can't imagine anyone not hiring you because you dressed too professionally for an interview

To be fair, I was once laughingly called a 'narc' in an interview in California because I wore a tie.

I was FOB from Texas where you wore a tie to get a job bagging groceries.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Are furries the only truly excusively millenial thing in this thread?

Makes u think

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

amusinginquiry posted:

Makes u think
thread itself too

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

naem posted:

It's interesting to contrast a 25 year old with the programming skills to earn $200k at say Google, and a 25 year old with a degree or two in a more traditional field who struggles to find work and lives at home and is trapped in retail part time struggling. I've known people who were in group B after law school

Five years ago it was probably lawyers saying the same thing about, I dunno, accountants or something.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

amusinginquiry posted:

Makes u think

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Stinky_Pete posted:

The ads walk among us

Theres been talk of videos like that having to be labelled as advertising in Europe. So hopefully they'll be wiped out by adblock soon.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

:eyepop: I made it through about 5 seconds of that video and well...geez Louise.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Avalanche posted:

The dress is fine. The problem is that there's a fat chick in it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just lol if you don't dress like an 80's business woman.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

Jesus loving christ.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

some ppl have no shame

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

don't care. like no one in this thread ever tried some bath salts. yeah sure, go ahead and throw that first stone.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

waitwhatno posted:

don't care. like no one in this thread ever tried some bath salts. yeah sure, go ahead and throw that first stone.

I'm a responsible human with a good career, wife, and work ethic. I've never done bath salts you filthy druggie millennial.

GET A JOB!

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Holy poo poo, children these days:

Oberlin Students Take Culture War to the Dining Hall

This is literally a case of "don't know how good they have it": people bitched about the college food in my day, too, but that's because it was only slightly better then army food.

I mean... bitching about the quality of the sushi you were served? Ultimate first world problem.

quote:

“I would like to see Bon Appétit fired and replaced by something other than an international corporation,” a student, Kendra Farrakhan, wrote to the paper. “I would like to see the chefs have the respect and autonomy to cook the food they love.”

Who the gently caress is going to pay for that? Do they think accomplished chefs would work at a college dining hall for free?

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Snatch Duster posted:

I'm a responsible human with a good career, wife, and work ethic. I've never done bath salts you filthy druggie millennial.

GET A JOB!

Yeah, and I am the chairman of a fortune 500 company and I serve meals to the homeless in my free time. Get off your high horse and do some bath salts, for Pete's sake.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I'm 25 and this article is loving disgusting.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/19/how-to-fight-your-seamless-addiction-and-win.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

Did you guys know you can cook a meal....at home?!

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
im here to complain about my age group as if im not part of it

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

les fleurs du mall posted:

i do the same except apparently i'm possibly Gen Z or something idek

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

symbolic posted:

i do the same except apparently i'm possibly Gen Z or something idek

Late 1990s

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

yes

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

les fleurs du mall posted:

as long, as it's just complaining. complaining about everything is part of getting old.

now, setting hipster bear traps in the middle of Manhattan, that's part of something else.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

waitwhatno posted:

as long, as it's just complaining. complaining about everything is part of getting old.

now, setting hipster bear traps in the middle of Manhattan, that's part of something else.

is that the same person who did the spiked bats chained to posts too?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
is there a word for people born in the mid 80s that dont want to be lumped in with millennials :ohdear:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

thathonkey posted:

is there a word for people born in the mid 80s that dont want to be lumped in with millennials :ohdear:

4chan

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

thathonkey posted:

True millennials?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

thathonkey posted:

spergs

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004

thathonkey posted:

"Japanimationists"

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

thathonkey posted:

gbs posters

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

thathonkey posted:

young hegelians

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

thathonkey posted:

two words: in denial

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

thathonkey posted:

ugugu ahaha bhuhuuh

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
drat, I'm glad I have the vocation I do because as a Californian I have nothing but disdain for suits. Or is that because I'm a millennial? Hmm, I'll have to think about this.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

waitwhatno posted:

Yeah, and I am the chairman of a fortune 500 company and I serve meals to the homeless in my free time. Get off your high horse and do some bath salts, for Pete's sake.

Oh, no need to do bath salts for my sake. Get off your high horse, take the blunt out of that horse's mouth, and have yourself some ganja my friend. Though a little methoxyetamine never hurt anybody who was smart enough to take it at home in front of the TV.

Just please don't regress into some infantile animal persona whose only methods of social interaction involve squeals and purrs.

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 22, 2015

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
You goddam kids these days, can't even keep up with what drugs are hip. :rolleyes: It's all about flakka now.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

waitwhatno posted:

My motorcycle does have a golden chain and to be fair its a motorcycle with dark grey paint with grey and gold highlights, i could care less about the other three.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Mad Monk posted:

You goddam kids these days, can't even keep up with what drugs are hip. :rolleyes: It's all about flakka now.

I haven't seen Flakka in years, grampa. It's mostly MPO-416 nowadays. It's a research chemical synthesized by DARPA sometimes in 60s, probably to reeducate commies or something.

When I take it, it makes Reagans ghost appear. We talk a lot about politics and relationships, sometimes through the whole night. It's awesome.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

ElMaligno posted:

My motorcycle does have a golden chain and to be fair its a motorcycle with dark grey paint with grey and gold highlights, i could care less about the other three.

It doesn't matter if it's a motorcycle. Now if you had put a gold chain on a bicycle, then you'd be a certified scumbag.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

thathonkey posted:

it was worth a shot. guess im a loving millennial. gently caress you idiot assholes. i guess ill take a selfie to commemorate this moment of horrifying realization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

waitwhatno posted:

Kingdom Hearts is literally Millennial: The Videogame

Giant clown shoes? Check. unnecessary chains hanging all over your body? check. fingerless gloves on everyone regardless of weather/activity? Check. One-piece combination pants/shirts with hoods??? check. An unhealthy obsession with Nobodies? double check.

• Locked thread