Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

8.5? It was like 3 when I checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Hulk Smash! posted:

So, Nonentity, when are we finally getting these?

Those should be in the queue after "Luke's outfit from Empire". :colbert:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

8.5? It was like 3 when I checked.

Either those got bought up or the other ones expired from the GTN, I guess. Not sure why it'd be 8.5 myself but there you go. I'm not going to say no if someone buys mine at that price.

prefect posted:

I'd prefer Luke's outfit from ANH but, sure.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

Along with the Jedi Temple Guards from TCW.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Iron Tusk posted:

Along with the Jedi Temple Guards from TCW.

That's pretty much in already

http://tor-fashion.com/temple-guardian/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
High priority Hard Mode this week is Dread Palace. While I think actually doing council might be tough I think we could handle the first bosses - there are mechanics for everyone but it's mostly pretty basic for the DPS.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
You can sort of make that Sith Lord look already.

Personally, instead of having a claymore saber, I'd rather have one that has that overcharged blowtorch style blade... those black exposed crystal hilts (my favorites) with the thin blade variants and the blowtorch option would be rad as gently caress, especially if they keep their OT sound effects.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I want a real darksaber.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

the panacea posted:

I want a real darksaber.

I want a speeder that looks like the Sun Crusher.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Jedi posted:

I want a speeder that looks like the Sun Crusher.

Isn't that the one that looks like a buttplug?

I'll take one of those too.

Also does the commander outfit that's currently touted in the CC Mart have any special effects? The background suggests it would, but I can't see anything in the preview.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, they've used that sparkly background for the last few releases now.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

No, they've used that sparkly background for the last few releases now.

Booo!
Also downtime got extended. Why does this always happen when I'm home early.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

the panacea posted:

Booo!
Also downtime got extended. Why does this always happen when I'm home early.

BW hates you. You should go on the forums once they're back on and make a huge-rear end post about why they've cheated you, demand a refund and say you'll quit the game.

Based on most of the posts on the official boards, that seems to be the expected behavior.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

BW hates you. You should go on the forums once they're back on and make a huge-rear end post about why they've cheated you, demand a refund and say you'll quit the game.

Based on most of the posts on the official boards, that seems to be the expected behavior.

"4 hours of downtime is equivalent to 1/186th of my subscription. I pay $15 a month, so I DEMAND a credit of 9¢ on my credit card for your FAILURE to meet my expectations"

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
What smuggler outfits do people like? There's lots of cool armor and cool robes and stuff in the game, but it's harder to pin down a good smuggler look since they mostly just wear ordinary civilian clothes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A sweet rear end coat, then whatever looks good with it.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

Empress Theonora posted:

What smuggler outfits do people like? There's lots of cool armor and cool robes and stuff in the game, but it's harder to pin down a good smuggler look since they mostly just wear ordinary civilian clothes.

Show your abs and swoon the lads & ladies

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Empress Theonora posted:

I like Renowned Duelist and Shrewd Rascal Jacket

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

Empress Theonora posted:

TBH the pirate outfit you get from doing Rishii is pretty sweet for the most part.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The game really needs some kind of default undershirt for women instead of the sports bra for items like that.

I know it will piss off a lot of people, but... good.

I use Shrewd Rascal with the interior dyed red, and some red pants to look like it's some kind of flight/jumpsuit with a leather jacket worn over it.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

The Subversive set is also nice

http://tor-fashion.com/subversive/

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Honestly the jacket you get to start looks the most smugglerific of the smuggler stuff. My gunslinger still uses it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm boring and enjoy understated looks, so I really like the Drelliad Jacket for smugglers. It's pretty much just a brown leather jacket and that's it.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Empress Theonora posted:

Personal favorite is the Shrewd Rascal Outfit, although without the hat.

http://tor-fashion.com/shrewd-rascal/

e:f,b. Oh well.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Empress Theonora posted:

This is the coolest set (sans hat) that I've seen, but you have to do something with datacubes from an old cartel pack to get it, so it will never be mine.

http://tor-fashion.com/revered-chronicler/

In the meantime, I recommend this one.

http://tor-fashion.com/clandestine-officer/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We really need a cowboy hat without a face sock.

lorddazron
Mar 31, 2011
So ive started replaying and subbed this morning but with one issue. I have no lightsaber graphics at all. It seema like the light part of it is missing. Same thing happens with holocom characters as well. Is this a known issue or is there a fix?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Haha, I can imagine everyone in every seedy cantina giving this guy the old stinkeye and him going "What?" :smug:

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

if you ever take an IA out of that outfit you're officially doing it wrong.

"What are you talking about, imperial? I hate the blasted empire! Let's discuss in details your plans to overthrow it. Please ignore the uniform."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Alter Ego posted:

Haha, I can imagine everyone in every seedy cantina giving this guy the old stinkeye and him going "What?" :smug:

I have an Agent dressed as a Trooper, a Knight dressed as an Agent, an Inquisitor dressed as a Smuggler, a Warrior dressed as a Knight, an Inquisitor dressed as a space pilot, a Knight dressed as a covert space pilot, a Consular dressed as a Warrior (or maybe an inquisitor), and I need to think of appropriately stupid disguises for a couple other characters. :shobon:

ayrsayle
Jan 5, 2013

Mercurius posted:

Anyway, on a different topic someone suggested I turn jawa junk into things that would convert to exotic isotope stabilisers before the patch hit (Medullah maybe?). Whoever that person was is a good person because as noted yesterday they're now selling for 40k each and I had two stacks of them so :homebrew:. Consequently I have spent some time playing dressup with some of the new stuff that's been introduced in KotFE and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Pierson, you asked about a basic sort of Jedi looking thing that's not super heavily armoured and I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with on my Shadow (who I'm intending to follow that cool chart on as my Republic guy for maximum story) considering every piece is from a different set :v::

I already know the chestpiece but what's the rest of this outfit? I can't figure out the leggings and those look perfect for a few ideas.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

prefect posted:

I have an Agent dressed as a Trooper

I have this mental image of an agent dressed in armor so bulky he can't stealth anywhere and it's making me giggle.

ayrsayle posted:

I already know the chestpiece but what's the rest of this outfit? I can't figure out the leggings and those look perfect for a few ideas.

Not sure what the leggings are, but those boots are Smuggler boots--either Dreadguard or Underworld Remnant, I forget which.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

We really need a cowboy hat without a face sock.

Sadly will never happen due to hair variations. I was so pumped in the early days to finally get my Smuggler to 50 for the Tionese cowboy hat, then so pissed when I saw the actual look.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We already have the little military caps that give you a generic haircut though. Just do that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha the Bounty Event is broken so they can't run it this week. After Rakghouls were broken last week. I'm a big proponent of Bioware but even I any saying "Guys. Come on. Get your poo poo together."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Hahaha the Bounty Event is broken so they can't run it this week. After Rakghouls were broken last week. I'm a big proponent of Bioware but even I any saying "Guys. Come on. Get your poo poo together."

My money is on "the guy who knows how to make it work is on vacation".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They should just give us all a bunch of event items as an apology.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

prefect posted:

In the meantime, I recommend this one.

http://tor-fashion.com/clandestine-officer/

I was thinking of putting one of my Sith in that outfit, but using it for my smuggler is way better.

That Shrewd Rascal jacket is also a really nice for a non-joke smuggler outfit, too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

They should just give us all a bunch of event items as an apology.

Well they figure everybody already has a billion bounty contracts from the exploit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
Reinstalling now and haven't played since around summer time probably. Thinking I might try out the Bounty Hunter story as it's one of the few I haven't really gone through. Should I go LS/DS or just ride the middle and be a money-grubbing lunatic? Any companion recommendations?

• Locked thread