Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I can't wait to poo poo all over 4 star speed world with Silk and Winter Soldier holding hands. All for some upgrade bios

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

^^: HAHAHAHAHA :captainpop:

That actually is a very solid team. I think people get deterred away from Black Cat because she is very hard to farm.

This sale should help.

Yeah, it's great. Pretty much made me decide to go for Silk instead of Gwen. Only annoying thing is that they're all Speed.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just got booted for maintenance. How can I farm pro if I can't log in?!?!
I need to get to 60. Silk and Nico demand it!

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Strange maintenance too. No warning or nothing.

Please be secret costumes or something.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Can wait for Deadpool movie to come out.

New character and the oh so many spin offs of him. Ladypool, Kidpool, Gwenpool, Unipool,Secret Wars sexy Deadpool oh the costumes!

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Strange maintenance too. No warning or nothing.

Please be secret costumes or something.

Not the 24th yet in Asia 23rd now, the Chinese teaser should hit tomorrow.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

EzEight posted:

Can wait for Deadpool movie to come out.

New character and the oh so many spin offs of him. Ladypool, Kidpool, Gwenpool, Unipool,Secret Wars sexy Deadpool oh the costumes!

This will not happen. I'm pretty sure they are not allowed to have x-men or F4 related things in the game.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Deadpool is X Men!? Does Weapon X really cover that much?

Sony owns Spider man but he is in how does that work?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Marvel and Sony get along. Marvel and Fox want to eat each other's souls.

Yeah we aren't getting xmen of F4 here.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Marvel Heroes is probably the last game they allowed to do Xmen and F4 stuff, everything else is going to end up being without for a long time. Even Avengers Alliance 2, a followup to a game based around a lot of Xmen and Doctor Doom stuff, is going without any mutants or F4 characters. Never gonna happen in here.

At least there's a lot of other stuff to pull from these days

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
It's a real shame because no matter how underwhelming he'd be I sure wish I could add Colossus to my phone game action figure collection

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Disney desperately wants full or part control of the movie rights for marvel characters it does not have. That is F4 and xmen related characters. So one way they are doing this is excluding them from certain products to remove them from the public awareness

Spidey is in due to them have partial movie rights now.

At least this is the conspiracy theory that is floating around. It is probably right too.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
Oh jeez looking at next week, I am going to be dropping all my Christmas money on this stupid game. For reference I was just past shame level 3 when this started. Lets see where I end up next week.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Marvel Heroes is probably the last game they allowed to do Xmen and F4 stuff, everything else is going to end up being without for a long time. Even Avengers Alliance 2, a followup to a game based around a lot of Xmen and Doctor Doom stuff, is going without any mutants or F4 characters. Never gonna happen in here.

At least there's a lot of other stuff to pull from these days

Yeah isn't Disney up in marvel heroes butts? I thought I saw something that they wanted to shut down the game.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Well thats a bummer. Here's looking to Deadpools predecessor being in the game.
The legendary Howard the Duck.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Disney desperately wants full or part control of the movie rights for marvel characters it does not have. That is F4 and xmen related characters. So one way they are doing this is excluding them from certain products to remove them from the public awareness

Spidey is in due to them have partial movie rights now.

At least this is the conspiracy theory that is floating around. It is probably right too.

I'm sure it is right, but lol at trying to devalue probably Marvel's most iconic properties to stab at 20th century fox

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah isn't Disney up in marvel heroes butts? I thought I saw something that they wanted to shut down the game.

Not really. So majority of us here are from that game and still play time to time (I'm doing my next Super Tournament actually, have 80+ signed up) but what happened is Marvel Heroes promoted the Fantastic Four movie recently...

...and Marvel was not happy about that. Anyway, game is still alive and kicking and made lots of great changes. It just moves at a slower pace than this for content and releases. If you like this, you'll like that and vice versa. The GOON community is excellent there.

I don't think the game will shut down yet (contract Is until March 2019) but it's the last bastion for Xmens.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

what happened is Marvel Heroes promoted the Fantastic Four movie recently...

...and Marvel was not happy about that.
And really, they didn't even directly promote the film. They merely held a sale at the time of its release covering all the F4 characters, yet Marvel flipped their lid anyway. poo poo's weird.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Marvel Puzzel quest has x-men and FF.

Don't play it.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Not really. So majority of us here are from that game and still play time to time (I'm doing my next Super Tournament actually, have 80+ signed up) but what happened is Marvel Heroes promoted the Fantastic Four movie recently...

...and Marvel was not happy about that. Anyway, game is still alive and kicking and made lots of great changes. It just moves at a slower pace than this for content and releases. If you like this, you'll like that and vice versa. The GOON community is excellent there.

I don't think the game will shut down yet (contract Is until March 2019) but it's the last bastion for Xmens.

Yeah that is it.

Wish my laptop could run the game.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

What about Contest of Champions? They seem to have no problem using X-Men/mutants. They're just not featured in the ads.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

sakeyake posted:

What about Contest of Champions? They seem to have no problem using X-Men/mutants. They're just not featured in the ads.

Who knows. Maybe someone can email them or asks Reddit if they know why.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Marvel and Sony get along. Marvel and Fox want to eat each other's souls.

Yeah we aren't getting xmen of F4 here.

RIP in peace Juggs, Doom, and the cosmic nudist.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

sakeyake posted:

I'm not sure on that one. The other stuff (Marvel Heroes, Puzzle Quest) predate the no-mutants-or-f4 mandates. It's possible CoC was just in development for a long time and predates it too?

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
What was the initial release date of CoC? I feel like it's only the last year or so they've been dicks about X-Men/FF poo poo. Disney Infinity is the first Marvel product I remember with a glaring lack of those characters and that is a bit over a year old I think.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A Fancy Bloke posted:

What was the initial release date of CoC? I feel like it's only the last year or so they've been dicks about X-Men/FF poo poo. Disney Infinity is the first Marvel product I remember with a glaring lack of those characters and that is a bit over a year old I think.

It was released in 2014. I can't seem to find when it was in development. MH signed their contract in 2009.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Dec 11, 2014 (I thought it was newer). So that would make sense if the mandate was more of a 2015 thing.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Dr.Magnificent posted:

Oh jeez looking at next week, I am going to be dropping all my Christmas money on this stupid game. For reference I was just past shame level 3 when this started. Lets see where I end up next week.

How do shame levels work anyway? I'm level 1 due to the Tony Stark package I bought ten days ago, but every time I start it says "VIP Package for only $34.95" so... is that the amount I need to spend to get to VIP 2?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Servers up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Skychrono posted:

How do shame levels work anyway? I'm level 1 due to the Tony Stark package I bought ten days ago, but every time I start it says "VIP Package for only $34.95" so... is that the amount I need to spend to get to VIP 2?

Those VIP packages are garbage.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Skychrono posted:

The levels are based off what you've spent in total, but I don't know what the packages are about. Since hitting 5 the game started trying to push a $78 package on me. Maybe they figure if you're willing to spend up to X amount for your vip level you'll also be willing to throw down a related amount on a package

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Skychrono posted:

Get VIP3 so you can have health regen when you switch heroes out.

In other news I just called visa and upped my credit card limit to 10,000 dollars in preparation to whale for the sales.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Absolutely majestic creature. So innocent, so pure.

Kukuu~

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
How do I apply this 25 dollar visa gift card I got to be able to buy poo poo in this game?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Holyshoot posted:

How do I apply this 25 dollar visa gift card I got to be able to buy poo poo in this game?

Buy iTunes fun bux.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Become the whale.

:nms:

Hobo
Dec 12, 2007

Forum bum
It's ok because I get air miles for spending on my credit card

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003