Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Kardashians are famous for being famous. They got a TV show because one of them had sex on camera.

Kanye's legitimately talented though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I thought that picture of Tesla was Nietzsche, making the prison who posted it extra smug.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Madkal posted:

I thought that picture of Tesla was Nietzsche, making the prison who posted it extra smug.

Not enough moustache.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

cash crab posted:

:downs:

I mean, other than being smug and overreactive, this was posted by a girl who I would describe as "probably literate" and so it seems a little superior to literally suggest suicide to people who probably forgot some periodic elements because eighth grade was a long time ago and also who gives a poo poo. I also just realized that this is just congratulating oneself for being able to memorize something, which is something monkeys can do.

Also, can someone please explain to me why Kanye West/The Kardashians are always the go-to when people want to lord their basic intelligence over other people?

You are getting very upset about a joke twitter.

Also if you can't name three elements you are really loving dumb.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My news feed is blowing up with a Fox article about a black man who was pulled over in Tucson, reported his conceal carry, didn't get shot, then rants on Facebook about how maybe all cops are good if you aren't some ignorant fool.

How the gently caress is "black guy pulled over, not shot by police" news?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Irradiation posted:

You are getting very upset about a joke twitter.

Being able to name three elements doesn't make you smart.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Earth, Fire, Water. CheckMATE, scientists.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Rolo posted:

My news feed is blowing up with a Fox article about a black man who was pulled over in Tucson, reported his conceal carry, didn't get shot, then rants on Facebook about how maybe all cops are good if you aren't some ignorant fool.

The same way cops helping a woman with a blown tire is news. Cops need all the positive "I did my job and did not manage to kill someone in the process" PR they can get right now.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

cash crab posted:

If you can't name oxygen, iron, and carbon you are in fact a moron.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Irradiation posted:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rolo posted:

I got that poo poo months ago. "See, a cop did his job! Therefore there is no problem."

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Flourine Uranium Carbon Potassium Yttrium Oxygen Uranium.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

DemeaninDemon posted:

:golfclap:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

cash crab posted:

I think you missed the point

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Kanye West is amazing and the haters can kiss my whole rear end.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Kanye West is amazing and the haters can kiss my whole rear end.

More specifically, your rear end in a top hat?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

DemeaninDemon posted:

My brain went 'Well, you missed an opportunity to use K here, what was K again ... guess maybe I should have a coffee for breakfast this morning then'

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

This beauty popped up in my newsfeed.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

IronDoge posted:

This could easily just be Australian and it's super topical here at the moment because the government are starting to push hard for a massive pay cut for people in hospitality because 'society has changed and weekends don't mean much these days'.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Birb Katter posted:

This could easily just be Australian and it's super topical here at the moment because the government are starting to push hard for a massive pay cut for people in hospitality because 'society has changed and weekends don't mean much these days'.

I'll support their proposed cuts once the pollies start attending parliament on weekends (or more than three days a month, really).

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

IronDoge posted:

I wouldn't word it like that, but I think I agree with the sentiment. Does that make me a bad goon? :ohdear:

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

IronDoge posted:

I don't like doing weekends or nights either. I errr found myself a 9-5 desk job so I never have to.

But sure, you go off on a bitter rant if it helps.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Karma Monkey posted:

I wouldn't word it like that, but I think I agree with the sentiment. Does that make me a bad goon? :ohdear:

Yeah, I'm not seeing the idiocy here unless it's that these people deserve more than a "shout-out".

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

DemeaninDemon posted:

I got Moon Moon.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
I can get behind that shout out. Although in my case it was more family with 9-5 jobs who can't understand why 22 year old me working service industry jobs can't do poo poo on weekends.

Birb Katter posted:

I obviously know nothing about Australia - how does the government push for lower wages? Was there a differential that people got by law for working weekends or does the parliament set actual wages in the private sector?

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Krispy Kareem posted:

I can get behind that shout out. Although in my case it was more family with 9-5 jobs who can't understand why 22 year old me working service industry jobs can't do poo poo on weekends.

I obviously know nothing about Australia - how does the government push for lower wages? Was there a differential that people got by law for working weekends or does the parliament set actual wages in the private sector?

Presumably the latter, government can dictate minimum wages for various types of work, what counts as overtime and what doesn't, poo poo like that. If a specific company wanted to continue paying more or providing better benefits than they were legally required there'd be nothing to stop them, but most private companies aren't gonna do that for low level employees (hence the existence of those laws in the first place)

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Krispy Kareem posted:

"Why can't you just fly home for Thanksgiving/Christmas Eve? Tell your boss you need to visit family, they'll understand"

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Krispy Kareem posted:

The government sets the minimum wage that you must pay staff and mandate shift loading for outside of normal hours type work. At the moment you get double your base rate if you work Sunday (150% Saturday) and they're trying to strip that Sunday loading away because 'lol, no one goes to church anymore'. But only for hospitality workers, aka the ones who have the least ability to defend themselves.

It's allegedly because it is hampering hospitality growth (which just happens to be one of the strongest sectors of the economy) but it's really because what will happen is that supermarket staff will get paid less and the supermarket chains are big party downers (meant to write donors here but the typo fits).

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

theironjef posted:

I got Moon Moon.

Bismuth Technetium Hydrogen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lmao

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Because as a black guy famous rapper, Snoop Dogg has no time to know what anime is between loving both bitches and the po-lice

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Dude is 44 and spent the entirety of the 90's either in court for murder or in the studio. I don't think it's entirely out of line to assume he has no idea about cartoon boob pillows that nerds put their dicks in at night.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
He's lucky to not know Neptunia. I'm acutely jealous of Snoop.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Because as a black guy famous rapper, Snoop Dogg has no time to know what anime is between loving both bitches and the po-lice

I still believe that Snoop Doggy Dogg is allowed to believe that it's weird for someone to ask him to sign their titty mousepad.

Knowing they exist is one thing, but getting asked to sign a mousepad of all things is an odd choice.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Dude is 44 and spent the entirety of the 90's either in court for murder or in the studio. I don't think it's entirely out of line to assume he has no idea about cartoon boob pillows that nerds put their dicks in at night.

Um, that's clearly a titty mousepad you plebe.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Why would you make snoop dog autograph an anime

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Birb Katter posted:

The government sets the minimum wage that you must pay staff and mandate shift loading for outside of normal hours type work. At the moment you get double your base rate if you work Sunday (150% Saturday) and they're trying to strip that Sunday loading away because 'lol, no one goes to church anymore'. But only for hospitality workers, aka the ones who have the least ability to defend themselves.

It's allegedly because it is hampering hospitality growth (which just happens to be one of the strongest sectors of the economy) but it's really because what will happen is that supermarket staff will get paid less and the supermarket chains are big party downers (meant to write donors here but the typo fits).

Awesome. Australia should totally become more like the United States. That'll show their economy that hasn't had a recession in 25 years. Now to just whittle down that pesky minimum wage of theirs.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Why would you make snoop dog autograph an anime

Anime fans are NUTS. During SDCC, Marvel had an stream where they'd have guests on and people on twitter could ask them questions, and someone was spamming "do you watch anime???" over and over. It to to a point where their head of Social Media had to say "stop asking this question" on the stream.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Anime fans are NUTS. During SDCC, Marvel had an stream where they'd have guests on and people on twitter could ask them questions, and someone was spamming "do you watch anime???" over and over. It to to a point where their head of Social Media had to say "stop asking this question" on the stream.

If you watch Twitch streamers, and God help you pay attention to the chat, that's the most common question next to "Do you play (my favorite game)?" Anime fans really can't stand not talking about anime in any public setting for more than a few minutes, even if it's not relevant to anything going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

BJPaskoff posted:

If you watch Twitch streamers, and God help you pay attention to the chat, that's the most common question next to "Do you play (my favorite game)?" Anime fans really can't stand not talking about anime in any public setting for more than a few minutes, even if it's not relevant to anything going on.

Yep. I like anime, not as much as I used to though, but I still watch stuff if I hear its good or whatnot. But like Doctor Who i never talk about it because that always end up talking to someone who's way to into it.