Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'm going to finally win a goon league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

honestly the pitching is so bad in this league that anyone could win it

I have good pitching, have I unlocked the secret??

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
The first game has simmed! I'll remind everyone again that sim times are 1:30 AM, 1:30 PM, and 6:30 PM Eastern.

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Just a typical 24-1 victory to start the season.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
161-1 lets go

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

And we're starting the season off right with a Ron Gant grand slam (Gant Slam?)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

ManifunkDestiny posted:

quote:

Edgar Martinez drives in 6 runs

:unsmith:

regfairfield
May 22, 2005

ManifunkDestiny posted:

All my guys were telling me "Mike Sirotka, Mike Sirotka"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Is there a way to set my bullpen up so the AI uses more pitchers? There don't seem to be enough roles to go around so I had to put a couple of guys down as long relief, long story short Brian Fuentes threw 100 pitches and got loving shelled.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Julio Cruz posted:

Is there a way to set my bullpen up so the AI uses more pitchers? There don't seem to be enough roles to go around so I had to put a couple of guys down as long relief, long story short Brian Fuentes threw 100 pitches and got loving shelled.

Accident Underwater posted:

As players accumulate plate appearances/pitches thrown, they become fatigued. Clicking Advanced settings will bring you to a window where you can set at what fatigue percentage your player is automatically benched/rested. The defaults are generally fine for hitters if you have enough plate appearances.

The advanced settings for pitchers is similar. The Target Pitch Count (TPC) is approximately how many pitches you want your pitcher to throw in a game, and MPC is the Maximum before they're pulled. I think the general rule of thumb is you shouldn't set your pitchers TPC for more than around 15 pitches per inning, according to their real life innings pitched per game. So for a reliever who averages less than an inning per game, you might want to set the TPC as 5 or 10, for a starter who averages 6 innings you might set it at 90, and then you adjust as the year goes by.

Reduce the maximum number of pitches you want someone to throw, and change the call bullpen setting to a higher number to encourage a shorter leash.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
I lead the league in arrogant doubles. Gimmicks are for chumps.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
2 games in my starters have actually been fine, but my bullpen not so much (gently caress you kimbrel!!!). I am also digging $9 million Luis Gonzalez's .000/.111/.000 line.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

honestly the pitching is so bad in this league that anyone could win it

I think my team has a collective #OAV of .205 or something. If the innings don't get borked hideously it could work. Also concerned my team won't score dick for runs.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
2-1 to start the year isn't so bad, especially with the pitching having been quite good.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
My only loss was 0 - 1 :negative:

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

god bless mile high

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Platoons don't work when nobody has left-handed starters. My first 8 games are against righties.

E: on the plus side, facing only righties has made Adam Kennedy the NL MVP leader

ManifunkDestiny fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Dec 21, 2015

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is a rough start for the blue jays

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
lmao this team is so bad. My only hope is that everyone else goes into fatigue hell and I win the league through attrition.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Devo posted:

lmao this team is so bad. My only hope is that everyone else goes into fatigue hell and I win the league through attrition.

I think most of the league has roughly sixteen million innings apiece

E: except me, I'll be dead

Accident Underwater fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 23, 2015

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I didn't say it was a good plan

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Accident Underwater posted:

I think most of the league has roughly sixteen million innings apiece

yeah, no poo poo. my staff is far from great, but fatigue has not been an issue at all

the nl west standings are great so far

angrygodofjebus fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Dec 23, 2015

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
gently caress all your billions of innings

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I hope Carl Pavano isn't quite as bad as it looks like he's going to be in this league, I thought maybe I could hide him instead of Jair Jurrjens since he'd been doing well in relief but Jurrjens just got whomped by the Blue Jays

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Zamboni Jesus posted:

gently caress all your billions of innings

Shane Reynolds lookin' strong

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Shane Reynolds lookin' strong

other than that he is nominally my #1 pitcher and i'm at the point of using all my starters in relief to try to get my bullpen rested

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:
Can someone post a link to the league so I can snoop?

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Merry Christmas Pick 6 league! The all time blue jays finally won a couple games! Still dead last in our division but there is some hope for the bats to heat up after dismal pitching overall.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.

Scrotos posted:

Can someone post a link to the league so I can snoop?

https://www.whatifsports.com/mlb-l/view.asp?lid=114451

A little disappointed the awards have started to turn into the players you would expect.

Atheistdeals.com
Aug 2, 2004

Andy Benes is the best pitcher in the world.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

holy poo poo olives is 1-7 in one run games already. 8 of the first 15 games decided by one run :pwn:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
You know who's not the best pitcher in this world? Everyone I drafted.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

angrygodofjebus posted:

holy poo poo olives is 1-7 in one run games already. 8 of the first 15 games decided by one run :pwn:

Anecdotally, I feel like that's been happening in a few leagues with him lately.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Anecdotally, I feel like that's been happening in a few leagues with him lately.

meanwhile i am 6-0 in one run games, something that is sure to last

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I'm glad I won this game anyway because come on.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Joe Randa

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

pitched a no hitter and loving lost

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

The ol' Harvey Haddix

E: I'm going to jinx it, but Carrasco, Duffy, and Cotts are freaking dealing for me so far.

Pumpkin McPastry fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 25, 2015

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Yu Darvish has allowed 11 homers in 30 innings at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

seem to have managed to salvage my bullpen's stamina, too bad my team sucks

• Locked thread