Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
ya, thats only actually true for Blizards hit team brawler Heroes of the Storm skins when they go on sale (all skins/heroes/mounts 50% off until the new year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I'd host a single session or a long campaign, depending what people want. If we do a one shot I could have something together mid-january, but if it's a long-term thing we'd have to wait until march because I have lots going on

I'd love to play again, either or.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Look Under The Rock posted:

Hey mafia thread, I have not Really Cleaned my apartment in a few weeks because finals. Today's the day I need to really get it done. Recommend me some solid albums to listen to while I do laundry/scrub the bathtub/sort through a huge pile of papers from the semester?

The Stooges - Fun House
7 Days of Funk (Dam-Funk & Snoop Dogg) - 7 Days of Funk
Thomas Dolby - The Golden Age of Wireless
Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull
R.E.M. - Reckoning
Gary Numan - The Pleasure Principle
J Dilla - Donuts

Kumbamontu posted:

It's really good

Some people have said the mix is offputting and that the drums are too loud but I disagree, I think it's great all around

This is what happens when you have Dave Fridmann in charge---just see any Flaming Lips album post 1990.

In other news, I'm kicking around a 31-person setup. I have an idea, but I'm hesitant to run it, partly because I think I think I'm more clever than I actually am.

Also, I've had a shitton of things happen requiring my attention of late and have not been able to work on fake mafia. Hopefully I'll have a chance to put some ideas on paper over the holiday.

In other news...

MAFIA FANTASY FOOTBALL ROUNDUP

The semifinal of the championship tourney concluded last night with Detroit's 35-27 win over New Orleans. Two matchups were to be had, let's dive in head-first.

Island One One Zeroes (#11 seed) @ Grandi's Caps (#2)

Call it the year of the autodrafting upset, between Taste's #9-seeded Ideal Pass Law taking down top seed Grand Theft Amiibo and the Zeroes dropping the #6 Smoothie and a Prayer and the #3 Passing Fancies on their way to the semis, there's always the chance that strong management, a quick hand on the waiver wire and knowledge of the game can result in your side getting absolutely smeared across the turf. And that's what happened here in this semifinal. The 110s, perversely continuing to zombie along with LeSean McCoy on their bench earning more points than most of the rest of their team combined, wobbled in on Sunday and stuck to the game plan that's worked for them on this late run: draft Aaron Rodgers and the Patriots' defense and do literally nothing else. Western Conference Champion Grandi's Caps found themselves on the wrong end of some extremely reasonable decisions, with the production of any one of the benched Emmanuel Sanders, James White or Tyrod Taylor being enough to give the Caps the edge over the 110s---but as it stands, a 31-point day from the Island wideout corps was enough to seal the deal, 90-79.

Ideal Pass Law (#9) @ Edelman, Luck & Plummer (#4)

This one looked like it was over before it even got started. ELP started Ryan Fitzpatrick, literally the worst option of the side's three available quarterbacks, who limped to 14 fantasy points in the Jets' Saturday night 19-16 win over the Cowboys. Taste's IPL has Cam Newton, and anyone paying attention right now knows that Cam Newton is amazing. The Panthers won 38-35, and Newton dropped a staggering 41 fantasy points on the board, leaving ELP lamenting its choice of QB and flex player, having left the 20-point Philip Rivers and the 13-point Bilal Powell on the bench in favor of a whole lotta nothin'. Heading into the afternoon and evening games on Sunday, it was all to play for, the ESPN feed estimating something like an 86-86 draw, but with ELP needing to cover a lot of ground very quickly. Speaking of covering a lot of ground very quickly, David Johnson of the Arizona Cardinals. 187 yards. Three touchdowns. 40 points in fantasy. ELP's early-December waiver pickup paid dividends, the final coming up to 112-72.

This sets us up for a Christmas week Grand Final - the eleventh-seed Island 110s at the fourth-seed Edelman, Luck and Plummer for all the marbles. Will it be a Christmas miracle? Will autodrafting zombies win the whole kit and caboodle? History says it could happen---these two teams met in Week 9 (a full month after the 110s entered zombie mode) and the 110s strolled on by a mediocre performance by their opponent, winning 94-67. Additionally, rumors indicate that ELP's management may be relocated to rural Louisiana for the contest, where cell phone signals are spotty at best. Even with the early line reading ELP as 15-point favorites, literally anything can happen. Oh, the holidays.

hexwren fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 22, 2015

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

I am just going to enjoy my regular season crown and quietly forget the playoffs as I slowly lost the war of attrition.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

DuckHuntDog posted:

I am just going to enjoy my regular season crown and quietly forget the playoffs as I slowly lost the war of attrition.

The blame rests solely on Dalton's thumb. I still can't believe that loving play.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
January Dungeon World

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

I am thankful I have a good game on wii u to play so I can avoid turning on my pc

Which one? I have been partaking in some Smash Brothers recently

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Which one? I have been partaking in some Smash Brothers recently

Xenoblade Chronicles X. The gameplay is good, the world is gorgeous, and it's just addicting. When I'm away from it I know it's just a virtual treadmill that feels like a single player MMO but god drat. If they made a fullblown MMO out of this my life would be over.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

EccoRaven posted:

My time is in its sunset, and I don't know when it'll end precisely, but I predict like most things (and many people) it'll end slowly and without much fanfare. My interest will wax and wane as it always had, but the wanes will be harder and the waxes more infrequent. Eventually I'll just stop checking the discussion thread entirely, and then only hosting a game every few months recognizing fewer and fewer names before I'm done without even knowing it.

If its any comfort this has been my experience up until a few months ago with mafia and I'm back. I might even play in a mafia game if I even knew how to join them anymore. I usually just waited for you to invite me.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X. The gameplay is good, the world is gorgeous, and it's just addicting. When I'm away from it I know it's just a virtual treadmill that feels like a single player MMO but god drat. If they made a fullblown MMO out of this my life would be over.

I have put 80 hours into it and still have tons left to do, including several story missions. Great game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DuckHuntDog posted:

I have put 80 hours into it and still have tons left to do, including several story missions. Great game.

Sometimes I stop just to look at the world because it actually feels like a different planet. Being able to see things way off in the distance surrounded by mountains just feels awesome.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Allen Wren posted:

MAFIA FANTASY FOOTBALL ROUNDUP

The semifinal of the championship tourney concluded last night with Detroit's 35-27 win over New Orleans. Two matchups were to be had, let's dive in head-first.

Island One One Zeroes (#11 seed) @ Grandi's Caps (#2)

Call it the year of the autodrafting upset, between Taste's #9-seeded Ideal Pass Law taking down top seed Grand Theft Amiibo and the Zeroes dropping the #6 Smoothie and a Prayer and the #3 Passing Fancies on their way to the semis, there's always the chance that strong management, a quick hand on the waiver wire and knowledge of the game can result in your side getting absolutely smeared across the turf. And that's what happened here in this semifinal. The 110s, perversely continuing to zombie along with LeSean McCoy on their bench earning more points than most of the rest of their team combined, wobbled in on Sunday and stuck to the game plan that's worked for them on this late run: draft Aaron Rodgers and the Patriots' defense and do literally nothing else. Western Conference Champion Grandi's Caps found themselves on the wrong end of some extremely reasonable decisions, with the production of any one of the benched Emmanuel Sanders, James White or Tyrod Taylor being enough to give the Caps the edge over the 110s---but as it stands, a 31-point day from the Island wideout corps was enough to seal the deal, 90-79.

I have no idea what I was thinking. I benched standout Tyrod Taylor in favor of... wait for it... AJ McCaron.
I thought he was going to have a big game. This was a bad decision.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Grandicap posted:

I have no idea what I was thinking. I benched standout Tyrod Taylor in favor of... wait for it... AJ McCaron.
I thought he was going to have a big game. This was a bad decision.

I thought the same thing, I started AJ Green and Giovani Bernard and got gently caress-all. I figured San Fran was going to give up approximately a billion points, and probably would have made the same pick you did, since Washington's been weirdly resurgent lately.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
People should add me on video game platform steam and mock my many hours in dead video games

http://steamcommunity.com/id/heh_hobbes/

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

JakeP is a cool dude. Thanks for the Christmas gift! :)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Agree! Thanks JakeP!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ernie is a true Santa, gifting me with a veritable treasure trove, of games off my wishlist, successfully sticking it to expensive international mail services!

Seriously thank you. Very excited and regretting I don't have winter vacations to burn through video games like I once did all those years ago.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yes! thanks for teddy bear racing Jakep!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idk what auspol is but we should just tell all of them to play more mafia games

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

they are dudes from the austrailian politics thread, so they are mostly all austrailians. Besides the obvious time difference they prefer a faster paced game than we are usually running I think

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

this is it folks, the post that ruined mafia forever

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm not comfortable having a bunch of convicts in my games

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Podima posted:

this is it folks, the post that ruined mafia forever

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Actually the folx from AusPol are cool and gold

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

Actually the folx from AusPol are cool and gold

ya they're precious metals

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jake ty for Teddy Floppy Ear - The Race on steam

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tommunist posted:

ya they're precious metals

That was a pretty good autocorrect fuckup imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
JakeP you shouldn't have.

No seriously. You shouldn't.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
AusPollers precious, mental

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Bahahaha thanks Jake

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
is jake buying everyone anime dating games or what

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
teddy bear adventure games

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...x0di00ag8y00dth

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay always gets me the news I need to see.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Really they chose national treasure as the movie to reference?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tommunist posted:

People should add me on video game platform steam and mock my many hours in dead video games

http://steamcommunity.com/id/heh_hobbes/

We have a Mafia Steam group. Just search for SA WIFOM.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
seriously, how could they not mention City of Angels

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Met posted:

We have a Mafia Steam group. Just search for SA WIFOM.

yeah i found it now

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cam Newton, bless your heart 🌸

Good luck in the finals!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Bowmore! Thank you so much for the Secret Santa gift!

(It was an Australian themed package - coloring book, patch, chocolate)

TYTYTY