Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ShittyPostmakerPro posted:

That's not a nice way to talk about IdrA.
Last time I checked back with IdrA he had hands. He's trying to rank into LEM so you've got his hopes up now with an opening.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

lol just lol if u dont have a low 7 dig or better

Don't even talk to me if your steamid is higher than 4 digits

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Back to the LEM mines

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Deranking builds character

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

You, too, can be an rear end in a top hat with a disability.

I just get inwardly pissed when people say what I do is "inspiring". Like, gently caress you, I'm a dude who wants to get off work and get hammered, not a symbol for you to earn your karma for the day by being condescending and amazed at.

So good on him for playing csgo well, gently caress him for enabling feel-good "inspiring" posts on reddit.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i haven't made any hardware changes but this game now stutters constantly at 400 FPS. thanks volvo.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Famethrowa posted:

I just get inwardly pissed when people say what I do is "inspiring". Like, gently caress you, I'm a dude who wants to get off work and get hammered, not a symbol for you to earn your karma for the day by being condescending and amazed at.

So good on him for playing csgo well, gently caress him for enabling feel-good "inspiring" posts on reddit.

Where can I donate to you? Can I hit that subscribe button.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

kalstrams posted:

Last time I checked back with IdrA he had hands.

i genuinely hope something bad happens to you

like you get cancer or something

It's a quote, I love you really

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Lost one game 16-14 and the entire team dropped down a rank. I wonder if we'll be back to silver by week's end.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

qhat posted:

Don't even talk to me if your steamid is higher than 4 digits

I knew a couple guys with low 4 digs, and one guy with a 3 dig. I assume they are dead, or in retirement homes now.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mine's 5 digits, I think that means I'm basically new to everything.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I really don't play much at all, but I'm starting to get into it again (I'm hot and cold with CSGO really).

Do you get waaaaay less experience for playing Deathmatch vs the actual regular mode? It's going to take me forever to get to rank 2. I enjoy deathmatch for now, since it helps me learn more about the guns and maps in a different way than regular would.

Or is my lack of experience only due to the fact that I suck and only get something like <10 kills per match?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Jeza posted:

I knew a couple guys with low 4 digs, and one guy with a 3 dig. I assume they are dead, or in retirement homes now.

My steamid is 34xx. When I was a 13yo kid I got up at 7am to register a steam account lmao.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Casual is probably the fastest if you can get plenty of kills or score in it, otherwise something like deathmatch, arms race or demolition will likely be faster since you don't spend most of your time dead. They also have the benefit of letting you not play casual, the worst possible cs:go experience

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

qhat posted:

My steamid is 34xx. When I was a 13yo kid I got up at 7am to register a steam account lmao.

Little did you know then you were sitting on your future retirement fund

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I really don't play much at all, but I'm starting to get into it again (I'm hot and cold with CSGO really).

Do you get waaaaay less experience for playing Deathmatch vs the actual regular mode? It's going to take me forever to get to rank 2. I enjoy deathmatch for now, since it helps me learn more about the guns and maps in a different way than regular would.

Or is my lack of experience only due to the fact that I suck and only get something like <10 kills per match?

Currently casual is 4x your score, demolition is 2.5x (used to be 4x, and it was great for ranking up as the rounds are generally shorter), deathmatch and arms race are something dumb like 0.1x so don't bother with them. Deathmatch is a good way to practice the game anyway, its a better tool than casual, but don't play it just to rank up.

The weekly bonus is around 3x your experience on top, so that 4x multiplier in casual is actually 16x while the bonus applies.

As it's all based on score, you will rank up faster for getting more kills, planting/defusing, etc. All I can suggest is "git gud, kid".

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

Casual is probably the fastest if you can get plenty of kills or score in it, otherwise something like deathmatch, arms race or demolition will likely be faster since you don't spend most of your time dead. They also have the benefit of letting you not play casual, the worst possible cs:go experience

Noted. Also, right after I asked, I found this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xYjdO1A400

Which shows (around 1:50) that Competitive is the amount of rounds you won (so that answers the 'sucking at the game' question I had) x30. Deathmatch is x 0.2!!!.

I know what you mean by casual (x4), so I think I'll juts go Demo, which is x3.

EDIT: Wow, that is the worst youtube thumbnail image I've seen in a while.

EDIT 2: Welp, nevermind. I guess taking time played into account, dude determined that Deathmatch is actually the fastest way to get xp. Again, though, this is if you're at all good at the game.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Dec 23, 2015

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Since the rank change I've been getting progressively worse.

On Mirage today I juke the last CT in a 1v1 and run to A. Plant for A main and cat/connector. I run through T spawn to mid/connector. I take a pot shot at him, stupidly, as he's walking around site trying to find me. I peek again from connector and see what I think is a corpse. It's not, and he sticks the defuse. Giving them 15 rounds.

I uninstalled. :negative:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Uninstalling is the mark of either a man too poor for a basic hard drive or a weakness of the soul, much like liking pineapple on pizza

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

BabeLiker90 posted:

Uninstalling is the mark of either a man too poor for a basic hard drive or a weakness of the soul, much like liking pineapple on pizza

Pineapple and bacon pizza is the best goddamn thing to ever enter my mouth :350:

besides all the dicks, obviously

stump collector
May 28, 2007

BabeLiker90 posted:

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
same

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Fateo McMurray posted:

Pineapple and bacon pizza is the best goddamn thing to ever enter my mouth :350:

besides all the dicks, obviously

you are loving trash

spicy meatball, olives, mushrooms, garlic, high quality pepperoni, these are among the toppings of kings

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Mom did always make the best pizza, ah to be young again

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

the one person I know who likes pineapple on pizza is a wife and child beater, so there is that.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Do you pineapple-eating philistines dip your garbage pizza in ranch dressing too or are you happy with only engaging in one atrocity at a time?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

Do you pineapple-eating philistines dip your garbage pizza in ranch dressing too or are you happy with only engaging in one atrocity at a time?

I only dip domino's pizza in ranch. If I'm gonna shame myself enough to eat domino's, might as well go all the way.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fateo McMurray posted:

I only dip domino's pizza in ranch. If I'm gonna shame myself enough to eat domino's, might as well go all the way.

Might as well have just blown the delivery driver if you're going to go that far. At least you'd have something to mitigate the taste of dominos and ranch.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

FAUXTON posted:

Might as well have just blown the delivery driver if you're going to go that far. At least you'd have something to mitigate the taste of dominos and ranch.

That's only if I don't have any tip money

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Pineapple is ok if you're using it to compliment a meat topping. But for real don't make it the only topping because that's some bitchmade poo poo.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Macnult posted:

Pineapple is ok if you're using it to compliment a meat topping. But for real don't make it the only topping because that's some bitchmade poo poo.

agreed

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007
uhhhhh

.9 @ 700 dpi

stump collector
May 28, 2007
.69 @ 1159.420dpi

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

We need a CSGO/Pizza steam group.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

real dilemma posted:

uhhhhh

.9 @ 700 dpi

exethan posted:

.69 @ 1159.420dpi

Please state your matchmaking ranks

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
1.57@500 THE GLOBAL ELITE

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1.75@500

DMG pre-shift, MGE post-shift

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
SETUP:
Monitor Settings (HP Pavilion M70 17" CRT Monitor w/Built-In Microphone)
640x480 blackbox
250 Hz

Mouse Settings (Logitech Office Ball Mouse-953689):
Win Sens 7/11
Mouse accel 1
Ingame Sens 3
Zoom Sens 0.3
M_RawInput 0
1200 DPI
25 Hz

Headset: Those white ones that came with my ipod nano (2 GB)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Bohemian Nights posted:

SETUP:
Monitor Settings (HP Pavilion M70 17" CRT Monitor w/Built-In Microphone)
640x480 blackbox
250 Hz

Mouse Settings (Logitech Office Ball Mouse-953689):
Win Sens 7/11
Mouse accel 1
Ingame Sens 3
Zoom Sens 0.3
M_RawInput 0
1200 DPI
25 Hz

Headset: Those white ones that came with my ipod nano (2 GB)

You forgot to mention your status of THE GLOBAL ELITE

• Locked thread