Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yeah, that's the other thing. We haven't met everyone in All For One's crew yet, so for all we know he's got some dude with astute powers of observation on his staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Bad Seafood posted:

There probably is a spy, I just don't think it's one of the students - or rather, I don't think there's much point in speculating which of the students it could be at this juncture. Most of the guesswork posted here seems more informed by meta knowledge and trying to read into the genre than by anything presented in the story itself. I remember one guy speculating All Might's policeman friend was the mole because "He looked too plain," and thought that was suspicious. If the policeman does turn out to be the spy, I'm not gonna give that guy credit for calling it.

Similarly weird is this bizarre fixation people have on the prospect of Uraraka (or any other female character) getting "Fridged" which will probably not happen but doesn't stop people from worrymongering because what if it's a tribute to every single aspect of American comics!? Calm yourselves. I'd be willing to bet if you asked Kohei what getting stuffed in the fridge means he wouldn't know. Actually, I'd imagine a lot of people wouldn't know since it's just a weird term TV Tropes came up with.
I keep thinking Aoyama but that's mostly due to him openly not saying where he was during the USJ attack which is just one moment. Up until this chapter we've seen like...3 of the teachers who actually TEACH not including All Might so I'm just going from there in assuming it's a student. The fact there's a leak is emphatically mentioned for a purpose in the manga- it's a matter of who.

Also I bet Horikoshi knows what "Fridged" is if he's any kind of American comic nerd since the moment it came from was basically the thing that lead to one of the first big "fan uprisings" on the internet- the incident and term in general predates TVTropes by a long time. I'm generally joking about Uraraka getting fridged- like they'd loving kill the female lead in a shounen (Has that ever happened?); it's just that a lot about her invokes a lot of cliches usually used for characters who are "tragically" killed at some point.

Typically the "character who wants to do right by their parents and make them happy but doesn't realize that THEIR happiness is what would make their parents happy" doesn't have very good things happen to them.

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah, that's the other thing. We haven't met everyone in All For One's crew yet, so for all we know he's got some dude with astute powers of observation on his staff.
Just having Black Mist pop into campus off and on to spy on poo poo would make complete sense but you'd think that would have been implied a bit harder if the manga is going as far as prodding the reader off and on with the question of, "How are the bad guys finding out what UA is doing?".

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 22, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think Uraraka is going to live and be happy and continue to do cool things because she is cool and I like her.

The problem with the whole mole thing is how people bring it up over anything. Like, "Oh poo poo! Invisible Girl invited everyone to the mall. She must be the leak" or "Oh poo poo! Aoyama asked Uraraka if she liked Deku. He must be the leak." It's silly.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
SyntheticPolygon wants people to stop talking about there being a leak. They must be the leak.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ConanThe3rd posted:

Yeah, sure, but Grudgefucking the audience like that is the sort of low class work that the Nisekoi guy does.
That's the one where two rival mafia children have to pretend to be married with wwwWWWaaaccCCkkkkYYYyyy consequences right? What happened?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Nothing.

It's a shounen romantic comedy.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Look, i can't really see Hagakure being a spy.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

If you check carefully, you'll notice that 'One for All' is an anagram of 'All for One'. It's Deku, All Might, or both.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Why does everyone think there's a spy again?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I spy with my little eye a discussion that should die.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Aoyama is extremely suspicious.

There isn't a chapter next week, might as well talk about something.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Say Nothing posted:

Groups led by the same guy have attacked where the students have been twice already (with a third incoming) and Shigaraki showed up when they were all shopping in order to "chat" with Midoriya. There's no way it's a coincidence, so people are theorizing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bad Seafood posted:

prospect of Uraraka (or any other female character) getting "Fridged" which will probably not happen but doesn't stop people from worrymongering because what if it's a tribute to every single aspect of American comics!? Calm yourselves.

I think I made the fridge joke. I Dont actually believe it tho.

Also the thread has worrymongered about anyone dying at all. Which I dont think is going to happen.
Except All Might.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Vengarr posted:

Have some fan art.

Tsuyu is a very popular subject.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

TriffTshngo posted:

Groups led by the same guy have attacked where the students have been twice already (with a third incoming) and Shigaraki showed up when they were all shopping in order to "chat" with Midoriya. There's no way it's a coincidence, so people are theorizing.

Shigaraki called their meeting "fate" and didnt seem to have planned it. Especially as he went out in order to calm down after throwing a random.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i believe the things Shigaraki says at face value

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

i believe the things Shigaraki says at face value

We saw why he went out. So you are saying that his master plan was to ambush Deku and then leave without doing anything?

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

no he definitely definitely ran into the guy who's the successor to the dude he really hates while he was cooling down from throwing one of his tantys utterly and completely on accident

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NecroMonster posted:

no he definitely definitely ran into the guy who's the successor to the dude he really hates while he was cooling down from throwing one of his tantys utterly and completely on accident

This unironically.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Say Nothing posted:

Basically the badguys keep getting classified info on what the school is doing.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Say Nothing posted:

Have some fan art.

thats some gross scat you've go going on in the first pic

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

what do you guys think happens to One For All if allmight or deku dies before it gets fully transfered?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabricated posted:

Basically the badguys keep getting classified info on what the school is doing.

Well, that first one, they broke into the school for that. Shigaraki destroyed the gate, the press flooded the place, and the villains stole the data during that. If they had a spy then, at least, that whole thing would have been completely unnecessary.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vengarr posted:

Aoyama is extremely suspicious.

Is this the first break Horikoshi's taken? I don't remember the series going on break before now.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

might be some sort of holiday thing, i seem to remember a week long break before the actual golden week break being pretty common but my brain is basically garbage these days so whatevs

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh right, might be that. Haven't read my issue of Weekly Jump yet to see if anything else is off.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Yeah, it's the Christmas break.

I think all the magazines are off this week.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Roland Jones posted:

Well, that first one, they broke into the school for that. Shigaraki destroyed the gate, the press flooded the place, and the villains stole the data during that. If they had a spy then, at least, that whole thing would have been completely unnecessary.

Classic misdirection. Destroying the gate was intended to make UA think it was a break-in, not an inside job.

With Blackmist on their team, they didn't need to destroy the gate in the first place.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vengarr posted:

Classic misdirection. Destroying the gate was intended to make UA think it was a break-in, not an inside job.

With Blackmist on their team, they didn't need to destroy the gate in the first place.

The press getting in still works as a distraction for Black Mist; he can teleport in and all, but a big black smoke cloud is still suspicious as hell. If they had a mole in the staff, meanwhile, that would have been completely unnecessary, since they'd have easy access to the information. Hagakure would be similar, as an invisible girl doesn't need mass panic to sneak around unnoticed.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

I mean, yes? We see Shigaraki get pissed at the new kids for talking about Stain so he tries to kill them, he is stopped by Black Mist who tells him to calm down. He then basically tells Mist to gently caress off and leaves in a huff because he is a bratty child. In the same chapter we then have him running into Deku while talking about how this is his lucky day and instead of actually doing anything important he just decides to chat with him because he's got nothing better.

Coincidences happen, and if Shigaraki could so easily manipulate the crew into going where he wants them to I think he'd plan an attack or something, rather than just use it to talk about how much he hates heroes.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

or maybe he was going to kill Deku, and thus ruin his"bosses" plans as a sort of "no, gently caress you dad!" and changed his mind after actually talking to the kid.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

or maybe he was going to kill Deku, and thus ruin his"bosses" plans as a sort of "no, gently caress you dad!" and changed his mind after actually talking to the kid.

Then why didn't he? What did Deku say that made Shigaraki go "this guy gets to live".

Like you have to jump through so many hoops to say Shigaraki planned that out. What was his plan if Uraraka didn't remember Aoyama's comment about her crush and decide to run off and leave Deku alone. Would he have just decided to give up? Since you know, as soon as someone notices he's threatening Deku he leaves so as to not get caught. Did he somehow know that Deku would not be hanging with his friends? Does he have a psychic link with the mole who told him so? Because it doesn't really seem to make sense. Especially since the narrative gives a reason for him to be out for a walk anyway.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

he brought up all-might, which reminded shigaraki that however much he hates the poo poo his boss is putting him through (stain, working with people) he hates all-might more than he hates that crap

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

he brought up all-might, which reminded shigaraki that however much he hates the poo poo his boss is putting him through (stain, working with people) he hates all-might more than he hates that crap

"He reminded me of that guy I hate, guess he gets to live."

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I smell a rat.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Pierson posted:

That's the one where two rival mafia children have to pretend to be married with wwwWWWaaaccCCkkkkYYYyyy consequences right? What happened?

Not a drat thing because it's a bog standard shonen jump comic.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

what do you guys think happens to One For All if allmight or deku dies before it gets fully transfered?

If Deku dies, it reverts to All Might & he is restored to full health and vigour. This is his masterplan.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Peel posted:

If Deku dies, it reverts to All Might & he is restored to full health and vigour. This is his masterplan.

That doesn't even begin to make sense.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ConanThe3rd posted:

That doesn't even begin to make sense.

It makes exactly as much sense as Shigaraki's incredible master plan to pester a child and then leave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

ConanThe3rd posted:

Not a drat thing because it's a bog standard shonen jump comic.
Oh, I thought the dude I quoted was implying some kind of behind-the-scenes drama like the hilarious mess that Love Ru's author got into. Nevermind!