Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Trukk not Monkey etc etc

Especially not for a price like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Good tidings are mandatory citizen!

Thanks so much DisposableHero!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Jesus Christ that rocks.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

BizarroAzrael posted:

You're welcome! Surprisingly hard to hand sew tiny robot hats. I'd do it again though :D

Edit: In case it wasn't clear his Jolly stat is only 3 but that's 3 times normal Prowl's Jolly stat. Almost like it grew 3 sizes that day...

DisposableHero fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Dec 22, 2015

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Revolver Bunker posted:

You're very welcome. There is actually a second USPS priority box on the way to you with something I picked up for you while I was in Japan. Hope you like the Grimore kit as well. It's a really awesome model kit.
Got the 2nd box today! Thanks for the Q bots and snacks. These guys are cool and surprisingly articulate! You nailed the selection too, Nemesis and a black Megatron repaint. I love it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

BizarroAzrael posted:

I'll see your jolly, and raise you some CHRISTMAS CHEER
YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED

THIS SWEATER IS ACTUALLY HIGHLY ATTRACTIVE!

DisposableHero you are a very good gift giver.

Also, don't ask why I have these pictures on my phone. They're... not new.

Back to assembling my awesome present from Spike. There will be pictures by Christmas!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED

Back to assembling my awesome present from Spike. There will be pictures by Christmas!

Hah. Wow. That is the tiniest sweater. You'd think they'd be hard to size for transforming robots.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

TheDK posted:

Got the 2nd box today! Thanks for the Q bots and snacks. These guys are cool and surprisingly articulate! You nailed the selection too, Nemesis and a black Megatron repaint. I love it.

:yeah: I saw them at Kiddyland and figured you might like them. I found myself an Optimus Q bot and he's surprisingly fun to transform back and forth.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

TheDK posted:

Wow, those are cool little dudes! I've not seen those before, I think I'm going to look for the Megatron and Nemesis Prime myself. Are "Q Bots" a Japanese line or something?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED

Is that from a previous year? Terradive is an excellent figure.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Revolver, did you get those caramels things in the package, they should have been wrapped and in a ziplock?

I just want to see the brand name of them posted on an internet forum, where I have given an internet present to another. wink. wink.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

BizarroAzrael posted:

Holy crap, thread over, this guy just won the Christmas thing

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
only 3 days till Christmas and to remind you to pick up the best toy this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI8-2M1Xfls

You're going to regret it if you don't buy it, especially with Trypticon coming.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Anora posted:

Revolver, did you get those caramels things in the package, they should have been wrapped and in a ziplock?

I just want to see the brand name of them posted on an internet forum, where I have given an internet present to another. wink. wink.

Hahaha, yeah I did. I'll take a picture of them tonight when I get home from work.

EDIT:

BizarroAzrael posted:

Wow, those are cool little dudes! I've not seen those before, I think I'm going to look for the Megatron and Nemesis Prime myself. Are "Q Bots" a Japanese line or something?

I think they're a Japanese only line. The Q Bot stuff is usually just toy cars and other characters that go from car to person.

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Dec 22, 2015

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Having an electric chair Transformer is the best thing ever!

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Wait wait wait, where'd you get the 6" battle droid? I've been waiting forever for one of those.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

An Angry Bug posted:

Wait wait wait, where'd you get the 6" battle droid? I've been waiting forever for one of those.

It's the figuarts one, HLJ still has some -- http://hlj.com/product/BANN01251/Act

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

therealjon_ posted:

It's the figuarts one, HLJ still has some -- http://hlj.com/product/BANN01251/Act

I should pick up one of those, too. I have Vader and a normal stormie, but none of the rest. Wish I had Luke.

I also wish I had gotten a 2nd Stormtrooper when they were still affordable.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Dec 22, 2015

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Dear Transformers thread,

Tell me about third party Sharkticons.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
So I got a gift from Strangehamster several days ago and no-one at home told me! He sent me these little G1-esque guys! Thank you! :toot:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Sizone posted:

Dear Transformers thread,

Tell me about third party Sharkticons.

There's two sets to choose from: igear's Shark Attack Squad and Unique Toy's Sharkies. They both seem fairly decent and seem to always be on sale. Can usually get the three set for $60 or so. I have the Igear ones. I think Sharkies look a bit better in shark mode but they're smaller than the already small Igear guys.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

So I got a gift from Strangehamster several days ago and no-one at home told me! He sent me these little G1-esque guys! Thank you! :toot:
Is there actually a hand scribbled, stained with gin tears iou in the box?

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

therealjon_ posted:

Thanks. Never done HLJ before. Which is the good (i.e. non-maddening) shipping option, SAL or EMS?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

An Angry Bug posted:

Thanks. Never done HLJ before. Which is the good (i.e. non-maddening) shipping option, SAL or EMS?

I always go with EMS as it has tracking and won't ever touch a boat.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yep, EMS is only a couple bucks more and practically overnight.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Spiderdrake posted:

Is there actually a hand scribbled, stained with gin tears iou in the box?

I hope I didn't forget that part, there was a lot of gin gone.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
EMS it is then!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Bad news guys, looks like FunPub's ending. Now who will make our $100 repaint palette-swap Shattered Glass versions of that one Micromaster who said something in the comics that one time?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

It makes sense for Hasbro to run a professional in-house club instead this crazy money transfer operation to throw elaborate GI Joe conventions.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Knormal posted:

Bad news guys, looks like FunPub's ending. Now who will make our $100 repaint palette-swap Shattered Glass versions of that one Micromaster who said something in the comics that one time?

Not clicking that link, hoping its ending because they choked on fire to death.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

In my dreams Deceptive Thinker somehow ends up involved in the resulting new cons, and he crowns Taint Reaper the king of the Cybertronian cons with a bunch of Thews dressed up as constructicons playing trumpets. Then they gather the last remaining banner-men of the funpub empire up, chain them to the wall and Taint Reaper fires rainbow colored lasers from his eyes, reducing them to a pile of stolen credit cards and ill-gotten yachts as the crowd cheers.

In less nonsensical news Madhaus has Felisabre, Dinoni+Dinoichi and Grandus Hexatron on sale if anyone is so inclined. I think he's doing sales all week or something?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I look forward to all the Taintcon exclusives.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Not clicking that link, hoping its ending because they choked on fire to death.

You're close, apparently they're wanting to start a kickstarter because Hasbro's Legal Department stole their dream out from under them. And they think that any Hasbro sanctioned convention just wont be the real deal because it would be run by soulless corporate suits and not ~real fans~ like FunPub.

They're already in talks with third parties to get ~~~EXCLUSIVE~~~TOYS!!!!~~~~

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I am amused the year I decide I plan to make a trip to it, this goes down.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Good Listener posted:

I am amused the year I decide I plan to make a trip to it, this goes down.

You have a real good guardian angel.

e: wait, no, 2016's one is still happening right?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I hope this means I can score that Tripedicus Council combiner for dirt cheap next year, assuming it even gets made.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

You're close, apparently they're wanting to start a kickstarter because Hasbro's Legal Department stole their dream out from under them. And they think that any Hasbro sanctioned convention just wont be the real deal because it would be run by soulless corporate suits and not ~real fans~ like FunPub.

They're already in talks with third parties to get ~~~EXCLUSIVE~~~TOYS!!!!~~~~

I want you to go to TFCon how far is Chicago?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Tighclops posted:

I hope this means I can score that Tripedicus Council combiner for dirt cheap next year, assuming it even gets made.

Oh right, thank god, now maybe I won't have to give into my compulsion to buy that awful thing.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Well it would have been insanely overpriced for what it is normally but if they've already been trying to clear out their stuff... nah, I'm getting my hopes up.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

You have a real good guardian angel.

e: wait, no, 2016's one is still happening right?
I assume so, it appears they have the license throughout 2016 and apparently they're still planning to do one more wave of subscription figures.

It'll be pretty hilarious if they try to do their own unofficial con, considering how much bad will they've built up in the fandom over the last few years and how poorly they manage even when they have corporate backing, their own con could only crash and burn spectacularly. I wonder if they'll have a ball pit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Yea it looks like the 2016 one should still be on haha. A part of me is thinking now like man, maybe I should let my hotel room go and not go to it. The other part is like "I could be at the last one, this could be a thing I'll remember seeing for good or for bad". There's another part that says why not go since Louisville isn't that far and I heart Transformers.

I plan to try to get to TFCon too in the fall though. Chicago is only 5 hours from here so!