Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

If it got any sort of swap it'd be a junkyard T56 (whichever shows up first - which means none of them) or NV4500 (if it needs to shift and tow like a truck) attached to whatever 6.0L junkyard vortec shows up first.

Man, if your yard is anything like mine, don't hold your breath. In the couple years I've been watching mine, there was a grand total of 1 LS powered F-body and it was a loving auto. Heartbreaker. I've found a couple other potentials at nearby-ish yards, but they can't tell me anything about the cars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EatMySpork
Nov 19, 2009

Utensil of the Gods.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Man, if your yard is anything like mine, don't hold your breath. In the couple years I've been watching mine, there was a grand total of 1 LS powered F-body and it was a loving auto. Heartbreaker. I've found a couple other potentials at nearby-ish yards, but they can't tell me anything about the cars.

I got lucky, a buddy of mine snagged my T56 out of a rolled Camaro. I think the good bits were gone before it was even in the yard.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
New Dirt Every Day just dropped.
Fred really outdid himself this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnrbWoPNi70

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I agree, but my luck is good. ACEofsnett and I have pulled four NV4500s (the truck-world white elephant equivalent of a T56, worth anywhere from $500 to $1500 in as-pulled junkyard condition depending on donor and condition) out of self service junkyards in the last few years. Eventually I'm gonna find a T56.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn

Someone really took "never lift" to heart.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Preoptopus posted:

ManI hate getting the last post on a page.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

I agree, but my luck is good. ACEofsnett and I have pulled four NV4500s (the truck-world white elephant equivalent of a T56, worth anywhere from $500 to $1500 in as-pulled junkyard condition depending on donor and condition) out of self service junkyards in the last few years. Eventually I'm gonna find a T56.

Yeah, I should keep an eye out for those too if only to try to flip it. No loving idea how I'd pull it in a yard, but I think I could figure something out :v:.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
^I've seen yards where people just flip it on its side to get it out. I've been payed money to help flip a car and carry the trans to the desk. Or just bring a tall bottle jack and be careful lifting it.

the poi
Oct 24, 2004

turbo volvo, wooooo!
Grimey Drawer

Preoptopus posted:

Ya they're getting as good as Roadkill. In fact, I actually subscribed to MToD because hey, why not. But then I found out their media player is one of those really helpful ones that determine what the best bitrate for you is, and because Uverse never works properly with those, I get like, 360p. Great.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
When can I import a Mazdaspeed AZ-1 to the US, and how much? TIA

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

pro-click.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

`Nemesis posted:

pro-click.

I think I would want to hang out with Fred more than the Roadkill guys. He's just such a goofy nerd you could do stupid things and he'd go right along. Like eat a donut while doing donuts.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MetaJew posted:

When can I import a Mazdaspeed AZ-1 to the US, and how much? TIA

Two more years I think.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

Preoptopus posted:

loving finally. It's been like two months since they did a 15-minute partial buildup of this car. I like DED but the 15 minute episodes are loving torture.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
to be honest, I get why they have the big diameter wheels now, but that car would be ten times cooler with a set of old 15" Centerline spools and some balloon Super Swampers

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

VikingSkull posted:

to be honest, I get why they have the big diameter wheels now, but that car would be ten times cooler with a set of old 15" Centerline spools and some balloon Super Swampers

The entire point of that car is to show off sponsor tires.

Plus, they have a big brake kit on it, although I didn't notice what diameter.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
That's a dana 80 and a dana 60. The stock brakes barely fit inside a 16-16.5" wheel, nevermind a 15. You can sometimes fit certain steel 15s if they're shallow backspacing and/or you flapwheel the motherfuck out of the caliper, weakening it somewhat.

So I don't really judge them for running 17s, TBH.

I really wish they'd cut the body a bit more and gone with 3-4" less lift, but hey, it's pretty awesome the way it is too.

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Yeah, I should keep an eye out for those too if only to try to flip it. No loving idea how I'd pull it in a yard, but I think I could figure something out :v:.

We do truck transmissions by unbolting the cab and high-lifting it till it capsizes off of the frame. A T56 would likely involve a high lift and a large number of brake drums, rotors, old engines, spare tires/wheels, etc stacked under the car to hold it up.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

kastein posted:

We do truck transmissions by unbolting the cab and high-lifting it till it capsizes off of the frame. A T56 would likely involve a high lift and a large number of brake drums, rotors, old engines, spare tires/wheels, etc stacked under the car to hold it up.

Jesus Christ :psyduck:. When I went to check that last LS1 car, I brought a stack of 2x4 and 4x4 cutoffs. My plan for next time is that plus a seat out of another car in the yard. *plop* :v:

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'
Oh just a 44 minute video of a 2002 tii restoration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCw-8RgkYW0

When they started painting it inka :allears:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Raluek posted:

The entire point of that car is to show off sponsor tires.

Plus, they have a big brake kit on it, although I didn't notice what diameter.

Yeah, that's why I said I know why it looks like that.

I'm saying, it would look better the other way.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Linedance posted:

I dunno, a Roadmaster doesn't seem right without a column shifter and a "I'll shift when I'm good and ready" slushbox.

Counterpoint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooFWD5w6pXA

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
bored at work today looking at engine swaps
:psyduck: but :perfect:

Twin turbo V12 in a Ferrari F355

600HP 2JZ in a Merc SL

4B11T displacing 2.5L in a Polo rally car

Model A based on that F1 concept rendering with a F20C

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

OH MY GOD IT'S SO ADORABLE I WANNA DIE

That's gotta be under 100 inch wheelbase. I would bet the transmission is bolted straight to the rear end.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Powershift posted:

That's gotta be under 100 inch wheelbase. I would bet the transmission is bolted straight to the rear end.

Looks like an airport baggage/cargo pallet tug conversion

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

Unfffffff I live by ohare airport and have been trying my hardest to buy one of there old dodge d150 tug trucks. Tug trucks :fap:

rifles
Oct 8, 2007
is this thing working

SouthsideSaint posted:

Unfffffff I live by ohare airport and have been trying my hardest to buy one of there old dodge d150 tug trucks. Tug trucks :fap:

There have been quite a few through govliquidation in the past few years. They're pretty funny, I don't remember if it's a Dana 70 or what the actual rear axle is, but they're geared like 7:1.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

kastein posted:

I really wish they'd cut the body a bit more and gone with 3-4" less lift, but hey, it's pretty awesome the way it is too.

I was thinking that too- Looked a tad sketchy withe CoG that high up but that kinda seems to be the "thing" for US trucks.

Chop the guards out to get another few inches of clearance, lower the whole mess by 3-4" and you'd have a way more better offroad vehicle.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Powershift posted:

We used to use those in aircraft maintenance to haul around ground carts. Called them "bobtails".

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
That tug truck rules, wish I could get one with a regular-style pickup bed on it...can't stand these huge gently caress-off trucks that are way too long or wide to fit into normal spaces

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
We use them as H-60 tugs and power-cart haulers. They're geared ridiculously low, at 25MPH they sound like the sonic recreation of the end of the world.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Apparently TVR is comming back!

Article with Video of Engine dyno test.
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/heres-your-first-look-at-tvrs-all-new-sports-car/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pfft suspension travel, who needs it.

(I know it's just a concept but I still wish artists would pretend to design a car that will someday exist)

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Huge wheels are the future.
Didnt you know.

But a cosworth coyote :allears: my loins are on fire.

afen
Sep 23, 2003

nemo saltat sobrius
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but several years ago there were some guys that took the drivetrain from a 5cyl Audi S4 and built a tube frame chassis around it. I think they were going to build a hillclimb car. There was an awesome video of them driving the tube frame around. Does anyone know what happened with that project?

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

But a cosworth coyote :allears: my loins are on fire.

Holy poo poo, I can't wait to see what they do with it.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
TVR owns

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Preoptopus posted:

Apparently TVR is comming back!

Article with Video of Engine dyno test.
https://www.carthrottle.com/post/heres-your-first-look-at-tvrs-all-new-sports-car/

With wheels from the Audi Prologue concept apparently.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DropShadow posted:

With wheels from the Audi Prologue concept apparently.

Yeah, it turns out the image TVR is using to sell cars is a render done by a car mag months ago.

It's starting to smell reaaaaaaaaaaaaally scamish.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Powershift posted:

Yeah, it turns out the image TVR is using to sell cars is a render done by a car mag months ago.

well the 4 blokes building it in a shed while drinking tea couldnt exactly send out a picture of there chalk board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Powershift posted:

Hint: it's always a render done by a car mag* months ago.

*nicked from some fanboy's blog