Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I'm also seeing a bunch of Mom & Pop PC Hardware stores branching out in to importing the Rigid LED light bar knockoffs from China.

There's also this guy's shop which I drive by regularly - Purely based on the website, he either knows how to cater to his clientele and/or is a real winner.

http://www.bigmikesbrightlights.com/ (Be sure to check out the neighboring shop he owns as well.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Seat Safety Switch posted:

eBay has Cree knockoff lightbars out the wazoo.

This. Straight out of Hong Kong. However if you're looking for spot lights to see way the gently caress down road, led are no match for HID spotlights. Which are also cheap

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Looks like you don't even get the cool covers with Hella lights anymore so that makes the decision to go for Chinese knockoff lights alot easier.

e: not even looking for spotlights, I just need something to supplement my high beams and add a bit of distance. Right now you can see roughly about as far as the car could emergency stop on gravel going about 70kph.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Dec 17, 2015

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah for normal driving a spotlight is better. But they're big and will look funny on a car. The led lights that are a 5" x5" square are also decent.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Someone should buy this: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/1990-mazda-eunos-cosmo/1117907830?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I wish I could at the moment.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's not even a 20B :colbert:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

quote:

Will also trade for a high milearge Mazda RX-8 or a RX8 with a blown up engine and cash ontop (your end). 

Is the RX8 market that soft or is this guy just "I KNOW WHAT IVE GOT"ing it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Running RX-8s go for $2k at auction. one at the last MA went for $2050 with 60,000kms, but it was an automatic.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think I've legitimately found what my next car will be whenever I decide to retire the Scirocco.

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.
That's my buddy's car. It starts and runs, but then won't start again until it cools down. If you like complicated turbo rotaries, this is your car.

1500quidporsche posted:

They literally last 100k kms unless you absolutely baby the engine. You might get to 160 then. He had a mint one with a blown engine that he got for like $1500, which he traded for this car.

Nomex fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Dec 18, 2015

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I almost purchased one to do an LS swap with. Still might but not until I buy a bigger garage.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Any Alberta AI regular want a Ubisoft PC Splinter cell compilation code for Christmas? I got one from a video card I never used and seems to be OK still.

Alberta AI regulars please, not a lurker. Someone who has posts in the last few pages and do with regularity. Say gimmie-gimmie for dibbs and I'll PM it to you next time I'm on tonight.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

14" Saint Dick's presents are here!

Goon meet at my place asap!

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'll be there as soon as the Civic is done.

...August?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Let me know how/when I can collect my hat.

I need it for my mad max roleplay with the scirocco

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010

I'll be there as soon as the Civic is done.

...August?

Raid value village for a bunch of vintage speakers to attach to that new wing of yours. Flame throwing guitar optional.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

iv46vi posted:

Flame throwing guitar NOT optional.
FTFY

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

slidebite posted:

Any Alberta AI regular want a Ubisoft PC Splinter cell compilation code for Christmas? I got one from a video card I never used and seems to be OK still.

Alberta AI regulars please, not a lurker. Someone who has posts in the last few pages and do with regularity. Say gimmie-gimmie for dibbs and I'll PM it to you next time I'm on tonight.

Gimmie-gimmie please. Splinter cell series is my favourite game series. I just repurchased chaos theory a week ago.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

:siren: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1980-vw-rabbit-body-for-restoration/1126904749?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true :siren:

This is exactly what I'm looking for but with no pictures I'm expecting the underside to be made of swiss cheese.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
There was some guy within spitting distance of my place that was selling a tintop Rabbit "rally car" with a recent paint job for not too much more money.

The kid who drove it was an idiot ricer, but I think his dad had a good head on his shoulders.

If I had to bet, it'll be back up for sale after xmas.

There's also a sorta-raunchy $2k '84 GTI in High RIver that is basically the victim of neglect, but he's willing to trailer it. And a $2k Caddy with a $1.5k rustbucket friend in somebody's field...

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 20, 2015

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I came close to looking at the high river GTI but you could see some door rust from the pictures.

I've prety much come to the point now where the scirocco is more or less rock solid mechanically aside from a handful of "quirks" and its more advantageous to just wait until somebody gets sick of restoring their rabbit project and wants the shell gone.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Rolling back East for the holidays, flying business. Feels good, man.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

El Scotch posted:

Rolling back East for the holidays, flying business. Feels good, man.

Make a few trips back to Coach to use their bathrooms, also remind everyone back there that you're still employed and aren't returning to your burned out rust belt hometown as a failure.

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 21, 2015

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Hmm, when would be good time to meet? The holidays are always loving crazy.

Mid January maybe?

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Slung Blade posted:

Hmm, when would be good time to meet? The holidays are always loving crazy.

Mid January maybe?

Mid to end January would be good.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Make a few trips back to Coach to use their bathrooms, also remind everyone back there that you're still employed and aren't returning to your burned out rust belt hometown as a failure.

https://vimeo.com/51954761

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

McTinkerson posted:

Mid to end January would be good.

Alright, you pick a weekend that works for you and the rest of us will try to make it.

Sound good guys?

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Yes.

Nomex
Jul 17, 2002

Flame retarded.
Ugh, what a night. I wired up the old rig truck for a 5th wheel hitch and the right trailer turn signal wouldn't light up the tester. So I can hear a relay clicking when the left turn signal is on, but not the right one. All the truck lights work, but not that one trailer light. I isolated the good relay to the fuse panel, but it just keeps clicking, no matter which relays I pull out. It turns out GM put a bunch of low voltage relays inside the fuse panel directly on the board. After wrestling the fuse panel out and get it opened up I find out the whole board is corroded. At least I found the problem quickly, but what a job pulling all the fuses and getting the panel apart. Hopefully I can get a replacement for a good price. I can't imagine fuse panels go very often.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/lethbridge/2003-pontiac-aztek-awd/1127725939?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Might almost be worth it to own the ugliest NA car made in the last 20 years.

Also, since this is an Alberta thread, who here likes burger baron?

:raises hand:

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

slidebite posted:

Been a long time since I've had it, but yeah, it's alright.

The gravy tastes like coronary distress though.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

slidebite posted:

I have made it my goal to visit every Burger Baron in Alberta by motorcycle. So far I have every one in a 150km radius of Edmonton covered.
So yeah, I like Burger Baron.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Even the one in mayerthorpe?

The one in mayerthorpe still has arcade games.

The one in whitecourt used to have pizza made with home made biscuit pizza dough, but that was like 10 years ago so i don't know if they still have it.

I used to love their triple italian burger which was like 8000 calories but whatever. now i just get corn fritters every once in a while

corn fritters and jam. that's my fuckin jam.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

McTinkerson posted:

I have made it my goal to visit every Burger Baron in Alberta by motorcycle. So far I have every one in a 150km radius of Edmonton covered.
So yeah, I like Burger Baron.

One thing I've never understood about motorcycles is the intense need for meat you get riding one. All it takes is a couple hours riding and I'm suddenly dismounting next to some middle of nowhere convenience store to buy 4 sticks of pepperoni.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

8ender posted:

One thing I've never understood about motorcycles is the intense need for meat you get riding one. All it takes is a couple hours riding and I'm suddenly dismounting next to some middle of nowhere convenience store to buy 4 sticks of pepperoni.

That's called manhood, son.

Ooh wee I love me some Burger Baron. It's somehow made only better by the fact that nobody really knows who started it and it's an anarchic cult driven by shared symbology and recipes rather than franchising.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've never been to burger baron. Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to one.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg

Powershift posted:

Even the one in mayerthorpe?

The one in mayerthorpe still has arcade games.

The one in whitecourt used to have pizza made with home made biscuit pizza dough, but that was like 10 years ago so i don't know if they still have it.

I used to love their triple italian burger which was like 8000 calories but whatever. now i just get corn fritters every once in a while

corn fritters and jam. that's my fuckin jam.
Back when I used to live in GP that Whitecourt Burger Baron was the stop enroute to Edmonton for a late dinner. Typically double Lebanese. We got a couple of burgers at the Lethbridge one last night, I had a Wrangler and Mrs had a Mushroom and they were easily in the running for sloppiest burgers I've had in my life, but they were pretty good. The menu here is pretty thin on the burgers though, I think they only have 6 or something. To make up with the lack of variety, they have donairs which are supposed to be really good but I have yet to try.

Stopped at the one in Drayton several years back and it was pretty bleh but I think the shakes were good.

The metropolis of Raymond has one which supposedly has a bizarrely extensive menu. Like a million burgers, full pizza shop, fried chicken, seafood, ribs, donairs, etc.

E: Burger Baron has a small Wiki page

slidebite fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 23, 2015

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
One of my good friends is a Lebanese dude who's connected to the Burger Baron bloodline. When we were in college we used to go to Burger Barons so he could say hi to his cousins and we'd crush delicious burgers and sides.

Goddamn I love Burger Barons.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug
There's a good article about it:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Will+Real+Burger+Baron+Please+Stand/8329346/story.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I've never heard of burger baron