Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Things that look terrifying but are actually delicious.

:mexico:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

AnonSpore posted:

Minced carrot?

thats my best guess it just seems like an odd use of carrot

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

caligulamprey posted:

Hunh. Every christmas meal as a kid would involve some sort of beef brisket, mashed potatoes and yorkshire pudding. I didn't know it was an actual traditional thing and not just something my family did.

It was actually the careful result of slowly prohibiting several kinds of meat until all we were left with was paella and roast beef. She won't eat carp because she owned koi fish, she won't eat goose because my grandmother used to buy them with their heads on (which went for turkey, but only on Christmas for some reason), I won't eat ham, etc. So, roast for Christmas eve and paella for Christmas day, because every Chinese restaurant in town is closed on Christmas, my mom just sadly discovered.

We also cannot eat small eggs and lobster.

Kakairo
Dec 5, 2005

In case of emergency, my ass can be used as a flotation device.

Nope.

Can't do it. Don't care how tasty it is. Can't.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kakairo posted:

Nope.

It's like a necromancer's breakfast.

EDIT: Thanks Google

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 04:25 on Dec 23, 2015

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

cash crab posted:

every Chinese restaurant in town is closed on Christmas, my mom just sadly discovered.

Labour laws?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cash crab posted:

I'll bet this was great, but it made me laugh because my first thought was "Bean Cup"

iBEAN CUP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JW133F0AK4&hd=1

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Brawnfire posted:

It's like a necromancer's breakfast.

EDIT: Thanks Google

Lol he's annoyed as gently caress at all those skeletons horsing around while he's trying to eat

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Kakairo posted:

Nope.

:yum:

I also found this:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Turdporridge disapproves

:mad:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Number 1 Sexy Dad posted:

Lol he's annoyed as gently caress at all those skeletons horsing around while he's trying to eat

hahaha

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I love self-aware food.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Cumslut1895 posted:

Labour laws?

For this province, the only law would be that employees need to be paid extra. Hence why we get to go to the movie theatre!

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

cash crab posted:

It was actually the careful result of slowly prohibiting several kinds of meat until all we were left with was paella and roast beef. She won't eat carp because she owned koi fish, she won't eat goose because my grandmother used to buy them with their heads on (which went for turkey, but only on Christmas for some reason), I won't eat ham, etc. So, roast for Christmas eve and paella for Christmas day, because every Chinese restaurant in town is closed on Christmas, my mom just sadly discovered.

We also cannot eat small eggs and lobster.

Just make the linguini and clam sauce I posted earlier. If you're feeling fancy you can omit the anchovy fillets and use fresh clams. Make sure the shuck them over a bowl to save the juice and maybe strain the juice to get rid of grit. Or just steam the clams in their shells in the linguini and sauce but remember to throw out any that didn't open. Save me some and also say hi to your mom for me.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Desperado Bones posted:

:yum:

I also found this:

If you squint it kind of looks like loss.jpg.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

If you squint it kind of looks like loss.jpg.

Holy poo poo you are right

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Semisponge posted:

Why? How?!

I'm gross. Nah, I just like it.

caligulamprey posted:

Hunh. Every christmas meal as a kid would involve some sort of beef brisket, mashed potatoes and yorkshire pudding. I didn't know it was an actual traditional thing and not just something my family did.

My family does, too! My dad is from England and my mom always said that's why we ate that exact configuration of things on Christmas Eve.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

Wait, what is this? I'm from :mexico: and I have no clue

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Desperado Bones posted:

jfc this thread.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Desperado Bones posted:

Oh my god

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Desperado Bones posted:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Desperado Bones posted:

Holy poo poo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Loss only needs the final frame now

It's like watching the Berlin Wall come down in real time

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

This is probably the greatest $2 lunch I've ever made.
2 packets of Indo Mie (Indonesian? 2 minute noodles that come with soy sauce, hot sauce, flavouring oil, fried onion and msg based flavouring powder)
2 poached eggs (done cheats way wrapped in canola oil sprayed plastic wrap and thrown in the noodle water pot while it's boiling)
Salt and pepper
Sriracha sauce.
10/10 every time

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Looks like the beginning to one of the chickencheese recipe posts.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

My dinner from last night?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Sweet As Sin posted:

Wait, what is this? I'm from :mexico: and I have no clue

It's relleno negro / chilmole /black thingy that tastes good from yucatan.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKpBbGk202g

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Desperado Bones posted:

It's happening!!!

titties
May 10, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

Looks like the beginning to one of the chickencheese recipe posts.

chickencheese thread was the best son

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

So all I could identify on that lossdish.jpg is raw onion and some foam. WTF is that really?

:nms: for some of you I guess? Supposedly "baby soup."

http://i.imgur.com/Uy91z3P.jpg

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scathach posted:

So all I could identify on that lossdish.jpg is raw onion and some foam. WTF is that really?

:nms: for some of you I guess? Supposedly "baby soup."

http://i.imgur.com/Uy91z3P.jpg

Eh, veal is good so I can see the logic.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Eh, veal is good so I can see the logic.

Isn't veal from cows that were alive in the first place? I'd say this has got to be a step better, it's clearly not a full-grown fetus thing. IIRC the cows actually have a few weeks of crappy life then get chopped up.

Hooray for vintage foods! Add mayo to everything! Butter your cheerios like a true all-American fatass!

E: Wait, wait I have more!

http://dabwizardarmy.com/news/7-more-disgusting-foods-your-grandparents-ate-taste-tested

I see rice in the bottom and what looks to be fish-shaped imitation crab meat.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 00:58 on Dec 24, 2015

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'd love to know how many people ever tried to make that aquarium thing, and whether a single person actually succeeded.

titties
May 10, 2012

tbh hot, lightly-buttered-and-salted Cheerios sounds pretty good. I would imagine it to be a little like Chex mix. Maybe make it with some honey nut cheerios and a very light sprinkling of brown sugar instead.

Now I wish I had Cheerios. I have some Raisin Bran but I don't think it would work and before you ask I am not going to make hot buttered raisin bran.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

If I get you drunk will you make hot buttered raisin bran?

If I had a real, working kitchen right now I'd make some of these weirdass 50's/60's recipes and give them to the neighbors.

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/party-sandwich-loaf/38bf7e0c-fa74-4887-9148-ddbe86ba2752

http://badjellyblog.com/

Scathach has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Dec 24, 2015

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Some I found:

Some I made:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DStecks posted:

Some I found:

What is wrong with these I ask you.

Other than the sodium content indicated on the nutrition label (yes I know it because I see it regularly shut up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Data Graham posted:

What is wrong with these I ask you.

Other than the sodium content indicated on the nutrition label (yes I know it because I see it regularly shut up)

Eating wet stuff out of a clear bag is sort of gross.

I used to live in the south, and movie theaters would sell big pickles like that. Nothing ruins a decent drama like some shoeless dickhead slurping on a gargantuan pickle two rows up

• Locked thread