Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Wanamingo posted:

A few people are saying the flash sales are gone because people have been abusing the refund system by buying games while they're on sale for extra cheap, waiting until they return to the less discounted sale price, and then asking for their money back and getting its current price in return. That seems like it'd be a really easy fix though, so I don't know if I believe it.

afaik if you do this you only get back the amount of money you put in.

Also isn't this sale actually good for gamers cause didn't Valve say they were just pricing everything at the lowest price it would have ever been posted anyway? Gamers are retards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Subjunctive posted:

I meant in the context of the Steam whiner complaining that there wasn't a FO4 discount. Is that key seller legit?

(The PS4 sale was down $15, not down to $15, though.)

quote:

Online use and multi-player is NOT available with this version The key code is for single-player only. Please do not purchase if you want to use the game online.

Something tells me it may not be entirely legit.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
I had completely forgotten about Takeshi Castle until Youtube reminded me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08fnIZfTpg

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Tarantula posted:

God I love MXC

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Subjunctive posted:

I meant in the context of the Steam whiner complaining that there wasn't a FO4 discount. Is that key seller legit?

(The PS4 sale was down $15, not down to $15, though.)

Semi-legit. It says no online play, which normally means Russian key seller.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tarantula posted:

Screw the haters, MXC was genius. The lovely voiceovers completely made that show.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I loved MXC to bits, best part of my Thursdays.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I loving loved when baba ganoush inevitably came in.

Also the brief stories they made for the people about to get wrecked.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
From the first ep, even.

*Crick*

OH

"Oh... oh god. Wow, Vic, he must be feeling really stupid."

"I don't think he's feeling anything from the waist down, Ken."

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I've desperately searched for someplace that has MXC closed captioned or subtitled, to no avail :( I'm deaf, so they really aren't optional for me. Similarly, finding subtitled MST3K episodes is a pain in the rear end when Netflix keeps taking them back down.

The Schaden is me. Entertainment distributors care not for me and my broken ilk. :emo:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I've desperately searched for someplace that has MXC closed captioned or subtitled, to no avail :( I'm deaf, so they really aren't optional for me. Similarly, finding subtitled MST3K episodes is a pain in the rear end when Netflix keeps taking them back down.

The Schaden is me. Entertainment distributors care not for me and my broken ilk. :emo:

have you tried the original Japanese version Takeshi's Castle? It's not at all the same writing, but it's the same dumb obstacle courses.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/ffZRsXI.webm

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

What gives these guys the idea to run halfway across the drat store? Why don't they just pretend to be holding everything normally, wait until a cashier is looking away, and then casually saunter past the exit before sprinting outside?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

http://i.imgur.com/4hJbU1T.webm

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

What gives these guys the idea to run halfway across the drat store? Why don't they just pretend to be holding everything normally, wait until a cashier is looking away, and then casually saunter past the exit before sprinting outside?

They are morons.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

chitoryu12 posted:

Did you like how the camera followed and stayed in focus of the action and the guy noticed it coming? Security cameras don't do that so you have stdh.mp4

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Birb Katter posted:

Did you like how the camera followed and stayed in focus of the action and the guy noticed it coming? Security cameras don't do that so you have stdh.mp4

The camera didn't follow him. It's a recording of a video playing on a computer monitor.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
I wonder if that wasn't that guy's first time running off with a couple cases of beer. The other guy totally knew it was coming.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Rah! posted:

The camera didn't follow him. It's a recording of a video playing on a computer monitor.

I should maybe watch that on something bigger than a phone

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
There's schaden to spare in this one, very little freude however. Still posting it, of course!

Trigger warning: traffic accident, outcome unclear.

http://i.imgur.com/nfSFDGs.gif

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:psyduck:

That has to be staged. I need to believe that it was.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

wayfinder posted:

There's schaden to spare in this one, very little freude however. Still posting it, of course!

Trigger warning: traffic accident, outcome unclear.

http://i.imgur.com/nfSFDGs.gif

The amount of accidentally synchronized idiocy is impressive.

Rah! has a new favorite as of 10:54 on Dec 23, 2015

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Choco1980 posted:

have you tried the original Japanese version Takeshi's Castle? It's not at all the same writing, but it's the same dumb obstacle courses.

Were the roll-the-film-back-and-forth-repeatedly gags a part of the original, or was that added along with the MXC editing? Hearing those dubbed-in Wilhelm-scream-like squawks of pain over and over while they flail into a pond was one of the best parts.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

UK dashcams
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fayEXg3xbuw

1:09 is amazing

E:There a lot more too

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Having just spent a week in London I heartily appreciate that. Especially the endlessly creative swearing.

:byodood: "gently caress my arse!"

:byodame: "Shittin' hell!"

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I think that dashcams should be mandatory everywhere, if only for documenting the massive amount of schadenfreude that exists.

xergm
Sep 8, 2009

The Moon is for Sissies!

Rosoboronexport posted:

It's from a news site so it might be staged but let's hope it's not.

To be fair, a green pump handle is universal for diesel. Yellow is universal for E85.

The gas station should really change the color of the handle.

On the other hand, diesel and regular are never pumped from the same handle, so in order to even get any gas from that, they actually had to select something other than "Diesel" when the pump prompted them to select the fuel grade.

As you said, it's probably staged anyway.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

xergm posted:

To be fair, a green pump handle is universal for diesel. Yellow is universal for E85.

On the other hand, diesel and regular are never pumped from the same handle, so in order to even get any gas from that, they actually had to select something other than "Diesel" when the pump prompted them to select the fuel grade.

... select fuel grade? Where you live, you don't just take a handle out and that will set the pump to that type of fuel for that transaction?

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Carbon dioxide posted:

... select fuel grade? Where you live, you don't just take a handle out and that will set the pump to that type of fuel for that transaction?

Different gas stations have different methods. Even with the ones with the separate pumps you still have to select the fuel grade. This is in Michigan and Texas anyway.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Oh boy, a regional gas station derail! :woop:

Can we discuss about self-serve vs full-service and talk about the elitist people who get the clips so they don't have to hold their pump handle while they're pumping?!

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

xergm posted:

Not in the UK it isnt, green is unleaded, black is diesel (and 4 Star when it was around was red.)

edit: Not wanting to contribute to a derail, but the colour matches up for the UK.

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

This is good stuff, we're so good at swearing but not so hot at driving I guess.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Typically they totally separate the diesel pump from the regular anyways. Plus I thought the pump itself wouldn't fit in correctly between the two either.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I can't remember what they're called, so Googling is proving fruitless, but does anyone have a video of drivers in the UK following behind buses and hitting those steel poles used for designated routes? I can't find anything about these things, but I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Bollards!

I think they were the very first youtube schadenfreude videos I ever watched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWnfeDtnuds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0wY-hvMC44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Cw0QJU8ro

Megillah Gorilla has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Dec 23, 2015

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I will never understand why the UK is filled with people doing 60 on super narrow roads where every corner is completely blind and obscured by bushes. It scared the life out of me when my friend was driving me around near Maidenhead.

Pseudohog
Apr 4, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I can't remember what they're called, so Googling is proving fruitless, but does anyone have a video of drivers in the UK following behind buses and hitting those steel poles used for designated routes? I can't find anything about these things, but I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine them.

The automatic bollards? Here's one

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
edit: beaten so bad, forgot to refresh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That just reminded me, this live feed of abbey road is always worth a laugh. It's a busy street that's constantly being swarmed by tourists, and it always goes exactly like you'd expect.

http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing